Opening in Full Screen.

Hi,

Normaly Excel opens in the way it was used the last time.
Showing the tool bars/Options that were used the last time.
I want that my file opens in someone else his PC under Full Screen, no
mather how his Excel was configurated the last time.

More,
Is it possible to protect also the fullscreen, so that no toolbars can
be opened, or other things under "Tools / Options" ??
Always keeping Full Screen .

Thanks .....

S.Krol

:confused:

--
skrol
skrol's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27126

The first part of this is relatively easy.  Right click on a worksheet tab
then select View Code.  Double-click the This Workbook object then change the
two selections from (General) and (Declarations) to Workbook and Open,  Then
in the sub that gets added enter the line Application.DisplayFullScreen =
True.  Next change to Workbook and BeforeClose and enter
Application.DisplayFullScreen = False.

This will then open as full screen and turn off the full screen when the
workbook is closed.

To prevent toolbars being opened your're going to need to change the
built-in menus and renable them on exit.  The code could be placed inside the
same subs as above so have a look at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/dnaro97ta/html/ofcmdbar.asp for guidance

"skrol" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Normaly Excel opens in the way it was used the last time.
> Showing the tool bars/Options that were used the last time.
> I want that my file opens in someone else his PC under Full Screen, no
> mather how his Excel was configurated the last time.
>
> More,
> Is it possible to protect also the fullscreen, so that no toolbars can
> be opened, or other things under "Tools / Options" ??
> Always keeping Full Screen .
>
> Thanks .....
>
> S.Krol
>
> :confused:
>

> --
> skrol
> skrol's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27126
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469488

0
bigwheel926 (227)
9/21/2005 8:03:05 PM
Oops, the Microsoft article was specific to Access but the principle is the
same ...
Try
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odeopg/html/deovrworkingwithsharedofficecomponents.asp
0
bigwheel926 (227)
9/21/2005 8:11:01 PM
Thanks BigWheel,    :)

That helped me a lot.
The only thing that's I'm missing ans needing in FullScreen are the
worksheet tabs.
I'm rather good in JScript, but new to VBScript.
I'm in a hurry to get this workbook done, so I don't have to much time
to study Macro's etc.
Maybe you, or some one else, have a solution how to include the tabs in
this fullscreen.

Something like: -Application.DisplayTabBar (???) = True-     :confused:

Where can I find something about these "instructions"  ?

Again, thanks a lot.

S.Krol      :)

--
skrol
skrol's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27126
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469488

Hi again,
Actually, I found a solution for the tabs on this forum:

http://www.excelforum.com/archive/index.php/t-228810.html

Including: "Application.DisplayStatusBar = True" , now shows the uppe
part of the tabs and the horizontal scrollbar. Just a littlebit.
I think that wat is happening:

The tabs and the horizontal scrollbar were already there, but becaus
it's really "FullScreen", they were hidden behind the main windows bar
were you can see the opened programs, time etc.
Now including the StatusBar, makes that the tabs/h.scrollbar are goin
just "higher" on the screen, making them (in my case) more or les
visible.

Getting There,
How to make "FullScreen" just go to that Windows Mainbar ??

:confused:    :confused

--
skro
skrol's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2712
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46948

Vendor Mtce screen modification help please
Hi GUYS: Simple user request. Bring up Vendor Maintenance screen to enter new vendor, my user wants the Hold box to automatically have a check in it. Reason is all new vendors must be created automatically with 'placed on Hold' until Accounting has checked the paperwork for new Vendor is complete. Accounting will then uncheck the Hold box. I've been in screen customization and can't seem to find how to do this. Obviously there's a way I'm not aware of. Thanks in advance, GPAZ You will want to use VBA to simply put the box marked after tabbing off the venfor ...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

EXCEL Files open Slow

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

Excel won't open in Office XP
Hi all, I have had a problem for the last few weeks opening up my Excel files When I try to open the files, a Window Installer dialouge box appear looking for the Office XP Professional Disk. My Office was preinstalle by my school, which is now complete. If I cancel the Window Installer consectutive times it leaves my new Excel document open and I can work Does anyone know what I need to configure to have Excel open up normall again ? Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks, 'Kusty' (kusty@accesscomm.ca -- kust --------------------------------------------------------------------...

I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachment w.
How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have Excel installed on my computer? My model is Windows XP Home. You can use the free viewer available from microsoft web site that only allows viewing. Or, you can find a copy of open office/star office that allows you to import excel files. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF00A029-F488-4D1D-8257-B55F4E96A681@microsoft.com... > How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have > Excel ins...

Open File IF Not Opened
Goodmorning! I was looking for someone who could tell me how I could make a Macro Appliction open files only when there not opened. When a file is allready opened it should be left at alone. When a file is being opened, this file should be granted the opportunity to update it's pivot tables and carry out any external links. I hope someone has the answer! Thanks in advance! Here's some code that might help. It tests whether a file is open: if it is it activates it, otherwise it opens the file. If IsWindowOpen(lStr_FileName) Then Windows(lStr_FileName).Activate ...

Screen Freezing
My PC is running XP Pro and regularly freezes when I have Publisher 2002 open. Ctrl+Alt+Del does not function when this happens and so I resort to using the reset button. Last week I purchased the Publisher 2003 Upgrade which also freezes. I might add that no other applications installed on my PC freeze up. Any suggestions or comments most welcome. Does your hardware meet/exceed the recommended specs? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Gazza" <Gazza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA69B20F-14DE-45FB-9795-73DD0F2553FD@microsoft.com... > My...

Cant open investment center money 2001 deluxe
Two possibly related problems. Error from bank that holds investments -- money says internet connection error "OFXIE12029" When I try to open investments center or click on portfolio money crashes. I have tried the knowledge base fix for corrupt accounts but since the first instruction is to open the investing center or click on portfolio I am stuck. BTW -- does Bill Gates care? Someone had this error the other day, and it was due to their bank blocking their IP address. See also http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312818 A connection error to the bank. ...

i have a pps file that i cant open what do i need to open it with
i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what do i need to open them with???? Certainly not Excel. Those are PowerPoint files. You can download a PP viewer from here. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=428D5727-43AB-4F24-90B7-A94784AF71A4&displaylang=en Note instructions for download and installation. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:44:02 -0700, Marty <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what >do i need to open them with??...

Can't open file?
I installed Microsoft Publisher 2000. I have on my computer , files that I saved. When I open the file in Microsoft Publisher. It says it cannot open the file because it is a different version. I have right clicked, selected properties and I want to know what publisher file I saved it under. So is there a way to change the file to Publisher 2000 so I can open it. I have it on my computer. But I am trying to work on my friends computer. So I don't remember what file I saved it under. What is the best way to find out what file it is so I can open it and start working on Microsoft Pub...

How do i search a spreadsheet without a full word? #2
Niice... not one view let alone a repl -- Devit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Devitt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1442 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26839 Hi! The day is only just beginning for some of us.. Have you tried putting Dav in your Find? Check the search options - make sure match entire cell contents is no checked and choose look in formulas. Al -- Alf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlfD's Profile: http...