Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be. #2

When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier
excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number.  this is
slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials
say "enter decimal" but this is not working.  what am I doing wrong?
0
terrier (2)

Date Subtraction #2
Hi I run Win2K with Excel 2K. I would like to enter a date in a cell (eg Oct-05) and have the preceding 11 cells automatically put the previous months in. Example: In cell A15 = Oct-05 (entered) In cell A14 = Sep-05 (automatically) In cell A13 = Aug-05 (automatically) In cell A12 = Jul-05 (automatically) etc etc etc Is there a formula that can do this? Any help will be much appreciated...thanks ! John On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:34:57 -0800, "John Calder" <JohnCalder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I run Win2K with Excel 2K. > >I would like to ent...

Chart data reversed.
I have created a Stacked Bar chart, and rigged it so that it looks lik a gantt chart. My problem is that the information is reversed accordin to how the data is listed. If I have jobs 1-20 listed under column A the jobs are listed 20-1 in the chart. We're new at this chart thing so let us know if it's something easy we're just not catching! Thank in advance -- keeney122 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- keeney1228's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3659 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sho...

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

MX Records #2 #2
I would like to setup an MX record #2 of weigh 20 for another location - not on same domain or even same network. The goal is to hold mail in case that primary MX record / server is down. How do I setup the SECOND server for this setup? Thank you. On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:41:55 -0500, ">>Smith<<" <jjsmith@msn.com> wrote: >I would like to setup an MX record #2 of weigh 20 for another location - not >on same domain or even same network. The goal is to hold mail in case that >primary MX record / server is down. How do I setup the SECOND server for...

exchange 2003 rule wizard not working
Hi, I had a email rule set-up which use to forward a copy of some emails I received from selected people in my mailbox to my home email address, and also move it to another folder now since my work has moved to active directory from novel this does not work.. please note it does move it to the other folder just doesnt forward it to a external email address Any ideas why this doesn't work anymore and how it can be resolved. or if there is a setting or something that needs to be changed. Any help would be appreciated annoyed Automatic forwarding and replying to the Internet is disabled b...

Using Lotus 123 command in excel 2003
I m using Office 2003. But problem is that there i could not able to use lotus 123 command. Why so? Please help me Rao Ratan Singh Why would you? I believe it allows for some things to be done and you can go to tools>options>transition to change a few things -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0267594A-0E71-4A73-89B1-C78B788545C7@microsoft.com... >I m using Office 2003. But problem is that there i could not able to use > lotus 123 command. > > Why so? ...

Out-of-office twin replies

outlook 2003 #358
Hi, I work with outlook 2003, and I ned to download only header of mail. How can I do? Thanks Outlook\Tools\Options\Mail Setup\Send Receive and highlight your account and then Edit and look on that page and it will show you there on what to do -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "xxx" <xxx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eMzdWYgrJHA.6020@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I work with outlook 2003, and I ned to download only header of mail. > > How can I do?...

consolidating data in a row based on a single identifier
I have a spreadsheet with the following headings: Song # Song Title Artist Genre I would like to be able to have all of the data in any row associated with the Genre name post to a preset sheet within the workbook. Can anyone help me with this? I assume a masro will work but I'm a novice at Macro writing. -- John Provide some sample data and describe about your query in breif. -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "John" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with the following headings: > > Song # Song ...

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

0x8004010f error starting Exchange 2003 info store
I've deployed a few Exchange 2007 servers in our org and moved some mailboxes to them. Additionally, I've moved some roles (OAB generation, RUS...) to those Exchange 2007 servers. Immediately, and without warning, our Exchange 2003 servers are no longer able to start their Information Store or MTA Stack services. When trying to start the info store, I get these two errors: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 1121 Date: 4/24/2007 Time: 4:34:13 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCH7 Description: Error 0x8004010f connecting to the Microsoft Act...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

Outlook 2003 Message Field "In Folder"
Hello, I am having a problem (I think) with moving messages in Outlook. I move a message for example from the Inbox into the Drafts folder, and the "in folder" field on the message shows Inbox, instead of Drafts. This only seems to happen when moving messages to the Drafts folder. Is this meant to do this or should the "In Folder" field say Drafts and not the previous folder the message was in? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Appologies the user has informed me that this happens when moving messages to ANY folder, the previuos folder name is dis...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

Exchange 2003 SP1 install problems
I am trying to install SP1 for Exchange 2003. I cannot seem to get past the "Component Selection" window (which is right after the License Agreement window. No matter what components I do or do not select I do not have the option to select the "Next" button to continue. Anyone else experiencing the same or knows how to get around this. Thanks. Are you sure that you have installed the hotfix that is required for SP1? KB 831464? http://support.microsoft.com/?id=831464 Normally, when you are installing a SP, the action to be taken should be Update. If that option is...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

Excel 97 vs. Excel 2002
What's the difference between Excel 1997 and Excel 2002 (in brief). Is there a way to save a 2002 version file so it won't open in 1997 version program? Specific context: I have a 2002 file that doesn't allow users to access protected cells. This is essential for the file to work as designed. When I open it in a 1997 version almost everything seems to work correctly, except that the users can access protected cells. Which f's everything up completely! I'd rather they weren't able to open it in 1997 version. Also when I save it it in 1997 it sometimes turns off th...

Can I enter a 24 hour time without typing colon?
I am an inexperienced Excel user. I have a new job assignment where I have to enter a lot of data in spreadsheets. A lot of the data is time in 24 hour format such as 16:00 for 4pm. I am using the number pad and have to continually shift to the keyboard to enter the colon. The cells are formated for the 24 hour time. Is there a way I can just enter the four digits and have the colon inserted automatically without having to type the colon in? This would be similar to formating for currency or accouting where the decimal point and the commas are inserted automatically. See http...

WLMail Error code 0x80070057, Calendar contains corrupt data. closing WLM
Windows Live Mail could not be started. Closing Windows live mail. your calendar contains corrupt datathat is forcing Windows Live Mail to close. (0x80070057) Can access mail and calendar through hotmail.com and the calendar link on hotmail. followed the steps here: http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=bffea6cd-a932-4488-a638-799445683014 but that didn't correct the problem. Any further suggestions? Win xp sp3 Repeat the process Open IE hten reset IE to its default settings Close WLM and IE Navigate in Windows Explorer to the Calendar for that sa...

how can I build an online store with frontpage 2003?
I like to build a user friendly dvd, cd online store. How can I do it using frontpage 2003 and where can I host this site? Do you intend to accept credit cards on this site? If so, I suggest you talk to your bankers before you go any further. For hosting you will need a server that supports PHP, ASP or asp.NET, together with a database server such as mySQL or MS SQL Server. You may also need a security certificate installed. PayPal can handle the credit card transactions for you, so you don't have to deal with those. For the site itself, look for a Shopping Cart appl...

Transfer / combining Excel data
I have a data worksheet created in excel with a column containing 5 digit serial numbers, up to 300 diferent serial numbers (in individual rows). I have the data sorted in assending order based on serial number column. Serial numbers are random and not consecutive (ie. 05943, 05944, 05945, 05968, 05988 etc..) 1) I need to be able to select all the serials and transfer them to another worksheet in excel, placing them in one cell, table, or ? - for purpose of issuing a certification to our customer listing all the serial shipped- is this possible? 2) If they can be in be transfered, i...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

Where do you find clip art in Publisher 2003?
I just upgraded from Publisher 97 to Publisher 2003 with digital imaging. I have not figured out how to find clip art. I am used to putting the CD in to pull up the clip art. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program twice, as I was instructed and still cannot get passed the insert, clip art command. Thanks for any help, Bunny <Bunny@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I just upgraded from Publisher 97 to Publisher 2003 with digital > imaging. I have not figured out how to find clip art. I am used to > putting the CD in to pull up the cl...