Non standard protection requirement

If I have three people who share a worksheet, can I implement worksheet
protection so the Person 1 can only edit cells in range1, Person 2 can edit
in range2 only, and likewise Person 3 only has rights to edit cells in range3.
This will be most useful to me if it can be done.  If it can not be
accomplished, letting me know will be useful.
Many thanks
Marsh

0
Marsh (25)

Tools>Protection>Allow users to edit ranges may do what you want.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:40:02 -0800, Marsh <Marsh@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>If I have three people who share a worksheet, can I implement worksheet
>protection so the Person 1 can only edit cells in range1, Person 2 can edit
>in range2 only, and likewise Person 3 only has rights to edit cells in range3.
>This will be most useful to me if it can be done.  If it can not be
>accomplished, letting me know will be useful.
>Many thanks
>Marsh

0
Gord
1/20/2007 12:25:32 AM
That did it.  Thanks

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Tools>Protection>Allow users to edit ranges may do what you want.
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:40:02 -0800, Marsh <Marsh@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >If I have three people who share a worksheet, can I implement worksheet
> >protection so the Person 1 can only edit cells in range1, Person 2 can edit
> >in range2 only, and likewise Person 3 only has rights to edit cells in range3.
> >This will be most useful to me if it can be done.  If it can not be
> >accomplished, letting me know will be useful.
> >Many thanks
> >Marsh

0
Marsh (25)

Unhiding Protected Rows and Columns? is it possible?
I have a workbook with a number of worksheets that all interlink. I have protected a number of cells in one of the sheets. the problem arrises in that the unprotected cells cannot be hidden or indeed unhidden when the sheet is protected. Is there a way I can protect cells whilst still keeping the formatting ability to widen / hide rows etc. thanks -- guilf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ guilf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39...

Outlook Password Protected PST Folder
I created my first PST folder over a year ago, I must have thought it was asking for my network password, because it is password protected and I do not know the password. This folder has all my emails that I have been saving for projects with customers. I really need it, and have no idea how to get it back without that password. It is impossisble to open now? All suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! There are password recovery services available on the Internet that are pretty spendy or you could look for pst19upg.exe on the Internet. It will work on 97-2002 clients and 2003 usi...

Creating a field to search and enter non duplicate data
Hello all. I have a team of 15 pople that all work with reference numbers, on occasion a number has to be sent to a different work group. I've created a spreadsheet for them to enter the numbers into, but we have been duplicating numbers. I want to create a field to enter th number into, have the field cross reference the exsting numbers, and if it does not find a match, enter the number and sort the list. I know how to create a custom macro that will accomplish what I want to do, but I'd prefer a static formula if it's possible. A formula can not do waht y...

non

Make compatibility between other tools with standard (better docx)
I use MS Word with docx file and it doesn't show me the exact same thing in other tool like MS Works, open office and google docs. The problem is when I share file with other and when I work on the same file, the final file doesn't look like the same thing as the first file or template file. Because of that, I can't use a formated file like docx. thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you d...

To enter data in columns in required order in some special way and to ensure this
I have a series of data in excel. But the datas should be in required order. The datas should be in three columns and the number of rows varies. I want to ensure the following in the rows data: 1. Of the threee rows, the data should be in only one of the three rows 2. Also, the first data should be in first row and the last data in the third row. 3. Except for the last row, as the data entered in the last column the next should be in the first column. How can i ensure this ? Any programming tips. Thanks in advance. I think you need to describe the entrie problem. The...

Require Sales Force Automation (SFA) Software #2
We are basically a Logistics company and looking for SFA(Sales Force Automation Software)through which our sales team can co-ordinate with each other and update the database from different places also view more information http://www.fibre2fashion.com/software-solutions/knowmore.aspx?inquiryid=462. ...

Query a non-MS/non-Active Directory LDAP Server
Hi All, Does anyone know how to query an LDAP server from Access VBA that is not a Microsoft / Active Directory (AD) server? I have found a lot of stuff about how to query AD and have succeeded in doing so. But that does not seem to transfer to the non-MS LDAP server. It gives the error "Automation error" "There is no such object on the server." Thanks, Clifford Bass -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201004/1 Clifford Is there a chance that there...

Non Delivery Strangeness
I rebooted Exchange 2003 SP2 and received the following NonDelivery email on 1/3/2006 for an email sent on12/15/2005. I and other users received a few of these and the server seems to perform normally for the 100's of other emails that are sent and received daily. Thanks, Dan Foxley ---------------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Purchasing From Your Site Sent: 12/19/2005 2:05 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: smartservice@smartwool.com on 1/3/2006 10:17 AM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but d...

Total Size of All Mailboxes of Exhange 2003 Standard
Dear All, How can I find the total size of all mailboxes in Exchange 2k3 ? I can only find individual's size in System Manager. Thank you. Regards, Horace 19 Jan 04 Bring up Exchange System Manager, and drill down to the Mailboxes object under your mailbox store. Make sure Mailboxes is highlighted, and then right-click it - you'll see the Export List task. This will give you a text file that you can then paste into Excel, etc. Note that the total mailbox sizes doesn't equal the size of the overall database, since single instance storage comes into play. -- Neil Hobson Ex...

2003 exchange standard edition
I have a 2003 domain controller with exchange 2003/one storage group/store. I want to setup a mailbox management policy to manage the users folders. I have done this before with enterprise edition but a different way than I am trying now. I setup the policy to find any exchange user with the word 'Limits' set as their number 1 extened attribute. When I setup the policy the find now feature finds my one test user but when I run mailbox management it runs against everyone on that server/store. In the policy I did not specify a server/storeage group. And when I test the policy it fi...

NON TAXABLE Item Setup, What TAX CODE to assign
What is the proper way to set up a non taxable item like a coupon or labor? I was assigning the <not assigned> (RMS dbase Tax ID 0) (But I just read said to delete the <not assigned> tax code. to prevent a runtime error (we have not had yet)) Do I need to setup a Non tax tax code? and add all non tax items to it? PS I have a < > (blank)(RMS Dbase tax id 3) tax code that seems to need to be deleted, RMS assigned it tax code 3. There are currently no items assigned to the < > blank tax id I can not find any guidance in the RMS Help. It seems MS ex...

NDR from non-existent email address
Any user that sends a meeting request to the user in question gets the following responce. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. I changed the info to the innocent. Subject: test Sent: 8/16/2005 9:01 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Gay, Esse M. on 8/16/2005 9:02 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=XXX;l=XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:EXCHANGE:XXXXXX This only happens with meeting invites, regular email goes through just fine. It is jus...

Non-cash, Non-regular Transactions
Money 2003 SE V11 I have a need to set up transactions, such as Mileage, to keep track of non-cash activities. I currently handle it by setting up Bills & Deposits split into two transactions totalling $0.00. The first is the Category/Subcategory I want to track and the second is a Category/(Non-Cash Offset Subcategory) that I filter out of all reports. This works ok for me. Example: (meaning 23 miles traveled) Mileage:Medical/Dental 23.00 Mileage:Offset Non-cash Transaction -23.00 However, the transaction is not regularly occurring. Yet we are required to ...

Indices
I have inherited a file which converts survey feedback (questions with multiple choice answer options of 'up','down' & 'level') to indices. The calculation gives an Index of between 90 and 110, with 110 indicating totally positive feedback(up) & 90 indicating totally negative feedback (down) and 100 neither +ve or -ve (level). This can then be graphed over time. My question is: Is an Index of 90 - 110 an accepted standard? And does anyone know any good sources of info on this type of thinking. Cheers -Jay- I don't know of any "standards" ...

mail from non exsiting user accounts
Hi, I have one exchange 2003 cluster server. and the email address configured as user@corp.ho.com. We are not using it for external mails. one of our IBM AIX user is able to send mails to anybody in my exchange server eventhough he is not having mail account in the windows 2003 domain. if u check the ID of the sender u will see that he is also using the same domain name ie @corp.ho.com... How can i stop others who do not having account in exchange to send mails to my domain. thanks BM Uncheck "Anonymous access" from SMTP virtual server properties | Access | Authentication and r...

Pull Data From Non-Default Calendar
Hello, I am running Outlook 2003 and I have a macro that pulls data from the default calendar. I created a new calendar named "Instructor Schedule" which is a subfolder under Calendar. I would like to change the code so that the data is pulled from the new calendar. Currently I am using the following code. Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Items What change would I need to implement to get my desired results? Thanks. Regards, Chris -- Regards, Chris Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Folders.Item("Instructor Sch...

non project time
I am using MSP2007 for several projects en use a resource planning. The problem I have is that 1) the people have 8 hour working days but are not working 8 hours on the project. I can simply change the working time per person (it is different per group) but when I ad vacation as a task (next problem) MSP is not using the 8 hours but the adjusted time. This means that the vacation days are shorter than actual. 2) how can I use the non working time and make it visible in the Gantt Chard, like individual vacation and the non project time per day. 3) when adding vacation in the res...

Great Plains or Great Plains Standard???
I used to be able to use a script similar to: local integer l_Version; local string l_VersionString; l_Version = 'SQL Server' of globals; case l_Version in [1] l_VersionString="Great Plains Prsv"; in [10] l_VersionString="Great Plains Standard"; in [100] l_VersionString="Great Plains"; end case; warning "You are running: " + l_VersionString; Now it appears as though every implementation returns a 100. Is there some quick way of identifying which implementation is being used? Here is the code I use. The trick...

finding last non empty cell in a column #3
FYI - The column could be any column not just B -- cparson ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1286 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26238 ...

Insert Automatic, Non-Updating Date Stamp
I use an Excel invoice to bill clients. Currently I have an Invoice Date field which is populated by the =TODAY() function. That's good. However, if I open the spreadsheet down the road and accidentally recalculate, the Invoice Date field is updated with the current date. That's not so good. Is there a simple macro I can use that Inserts the date when the document is created and then terminates? Something, I guess, that calls the TODAY() function and then pops the resulting date value into the appropriate cell. I know I can just use CTRL+; to insert the date manually but I'm shoo...

Protecting Worksheets #2
Win XP HE, SP1 Excel 2002 SP3 Hi, How can I protect the 25 worsheets contained in single workbook AT ONCE? I dt want to have to do it manually for each sheet.... Tx, S You will need a for/each looping macro -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OtKnfpLAFHA.4044@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Win XP HE, SP1 > Excel 2002 SP3 > > Hi, How can I protect the 25 worsheets contained in single workbook AT ONCE? > I dt want to have to do it manually for each sheet.... > Tx, > S > > D...

How do I protect sections of a Publisher template/document?
We have created a series of 2-page fact sheets on our programs and services for our field offices to download and customize. There is a considerable area which we do NOT want them to modify or touch. How can I "Write-Protect" these two areas (The banner across the top of the page, and a large text area about 2/3 of the remaining page on the right side)? The only area we want the field offices to use is a column along the left-hand side below the banner. We also want to write-protect the entire second page. I've looked in the Publisher help and found nothing. Microsof...

password protection on out look express identity
my son put a password on my outlook express identity and I have no idea how to access my account with oput it. Can any one help? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&i...

Enable Non-Backorderable Items in POs (e.g. automatically cancel)
Enable identifying vendors and/or items to be non-backorderable from vendor. (e.g. automatically cancel non-received items) Many vendors do not backorder items. If an item is ordered and not shipped, it must be reordered. The current system requires the PO to be Edited so unreceived items are cancelled. This is an extra step and one if missed, is bad. For example, when an item is not received it remains in "released" status, which means the PO generator does not suggest a reorder. yet the vendor isn't going to ship. We face stock shortages and lost sales. In a busy environ...