New to User Forms

When I first found this site I was a crazy woman and just about read
everthing.  Thanks to all you folks who take the time to answer our
qurestions.

The one thing I cannot get to is a video/tutoraial on forms, the link was
provided by somebody as an assist to another question.  I loved the videos
but was unable to complete the 3 or 4 part series and forgot to make it a
favorite.  Can anybody point me in the right direction or provide links to
other training for starting forms?

Thanks!
0
Stacy (40)

Might have been Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlUserForm01.html

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:10:09 -0700, Stacy <Stacy@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>When I first found this site I was a crazy woman and just about read
>everthing.  Thanks to all you folks who take the time to answer our
>qurestions.
>
>The one thing I cannot get to is a video/tutoraial on forms, the link was
>provided by somebody as an assist to another question.  I loved the videos
>but was unable to complete the 3 or 4 part series and forgot to make it a
>favorite.  Can anybody point me in the right direction or provide links to
>other training for starting forms?
>
>Thanks!

0
Gord
7/29/2008 11:55:02 PM
That was it!  Thank you so much!!!!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Might have been Debra Dalgleish's site.
>
> http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlUserForm01.html
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:10:09 -0700, Stacy <Stacy@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >When I first found this site I was a crazy woman and just about read
> >everthing.  Thanks to all you folks who take the time to answer our
> >qurestions.
> >
> >The one thing I cannot get to is a video/tutoraial on forms, the link was
> >provided by somebody as an assist to another question.  I loved the videos
> >but was unable to complete the 3 or 4 part series and forgot to make it a
> >favorite.  Can anybody point me in the right direction or provide links to
> >other training for starting forms?
> >
> >Thanks!

0
Stacy (40)

Minimizing form
Hi How can I minimize the current form? Thanks Regards DoCmd.Minimize in a command button code or other event. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:uBcRcE73HHA.3600@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi > > > > How can I minimize the current form? > > > > Thanks > > > > Regards > > ...

capturing pictures from a webcam with a form
Hi there, now that I have a working Student roster in my teaching database, I want to be able to snap a picture of each student with my webcam and have the picture automatically stored in the OLE Object field of that student's record. A search turned up only one possible solution: a plugin called DBPix from Ammara (www.ammara.com). That looks like a full-featured commercial image-manipulation product... more than I really need. Do you (readers) have any better way to do it? ...

transfer outlook folders/contacts to a new computer
I'm trying to transfer my outlook 2000 files & contacts (Windows '98) to Outlook 2003 (Windows XP) on a separate computer (both are stand-alone systems, i.e. not networked). Any advice on how to do so? I've checked MS site and they only address the transfer of those files/contacts to another program on the same computer. Copy your PST file to the new computer. Configure the new installation to use it as its default information store. To use another PST file (such as one from an earlier installation) and set it to be the default for your current installation of Outlook, ...

Form will not allow data entry 01-30-08
Today my database which has been working fine for 10 years quit working. I have tabbed controls of which some are subforms. All of the subforms work fine, but the tab-control pages will not allow any data entry and no error is given. I checked to make sure that the page properties and field properties are not locked. I can enter data directly into the backend of this database. Why would this happen to only tab controls and not subforms. I suspect this is a problem of the back end as prior front ends (that have not been used for months) do not allow the changes also. Any suggestions....

Split form problem
I’ve created a contacts form with a browser control to preview a picture. In order to refresh the browser I’m using the form_OnCurrent event. This is working fine in a single form but fails when I navigate in the split form datasheet. The main problem seems to be that Access runs my code in the context of the split form datasheet and not my main form. A similar problem is also occurring when resizing controls in split form view; Access resize controls in the split form datasheet and not my main form. Is there anyone else experience this behavior? What do you mean by "synchron...

New Windows 2003 User can not get Exchange 5.5 Public Folder
To whom ever: I have been testing an Outlook addin and we had to test some functions for a mobile user. The administrator created a new user on the Windows 2003 Domain. This user was never on our Exchange 5.5 email server and was never in the old NT domain. The user can access all folders on the Exchange 2003 Server but is unable to access the company calendar that is still on the Exchange 5.5 server. It appears to me to be some sort of authority issue but am not sure whee to start? Any suggestions? Thank you in advance DW Gard ...

Create a Web Address on a Form for Followhyperlink
I am trying to create a web address in Access. I have a form that has text boxes numbered 1-8. It is my intention to concatenate the text in the text boxes to create an address then use the followhyperlink method. I can create the string that I need but I get an error when the code gets to the followhyperlink method; runtime error 490 cannot open the specified file. The reason why I intend to concatenate the text in the text boxes is to allow the user flexibility. Some portions of the address are going to be static and others are going to depend on a value in a list box. Here is an exampl...

Suggestion: allow scheduling of any Outlook user
Many small companies have a single person entering all service activity. They need the ability to schedule all employees in their service department based on Outlook schedules, whether or not those employees are CRM users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane...

double-click to new form in Access 2003
An application (which I am not familiar with) was written in Access 2002. There is a form with a subform where double-clicking on a row is supposed to go to another form using the information from the selected row in the subform. The user's Access has been upgraded to Access 2003 and double-clicking now brings him to an empty form rather than the next form according to the fields of the selected row. I have Access 2002. However on my computer, double-clicking doesn't do anything. The Action on On Dbl Clk on the fields in the Details section of the subform of the main form is OpenF...

Long time to save or open a form
hi all I have a problem when opening a form or save the code behind . I am using Access XP with Windows XP on machine P4 3.4 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM the problem is that access take too much time to save or to open a form ,any idea to solve this problem is appreciated thanks in advance Wael Hi Wael, Is there a network that separates your computer from the actual .mdb file? If so, my advice is to only do design changes on a local copy. You might also try the undocumented /decompile switch. First, make a backup copy of your database, just in case something horribly wrong happens. With Acce...

Limit user access on customer/vendor?
is it possible to control user access on certain customer/vendors? something like account level security, but on customer/vendor. Hi HFLo, No you cannot have Customer/Vendor Control Access as account security, since no module in GP has this feature, this is one of the drawbacks of GP no ROW LEVEL SECURITY at all, we are using the third party product for this security setup, it also works for Inventory and items just like account security. In short GP dosent have this feature. AXAPTA has this feature to restrict access to customers, vendors, inventory items at site level etc....... w...

How to make the default view the Web Layout in Outlook 2002 New Message window?
Hello How to make the default view the Web Layout in Outlook 2002 New Message window? The Word is used as the e-mail editor. ...

Exchange 2007 Archiving not working for outlook 2010 users
I've got Exchange 2007 on a single server. Under Org Config I have a journaling rule setup to journal every email to a certain mailbox. This works great except for users on outlook 2010. When you log into the archive mailbox, most users emails are included as attachments as expected, but outlook 2010 users messages have only a "corrupt.eml" as the attachment, not the original email. As its only a couple people at this point, I wonder if its because of outlook 2010, or if they are somehow encrypting their emails so they can't be archived? Thanks, You might want to ask...

no notice in Inbox of new mail.
Hello, I am new to Outlook 2010 and am still learning it's little nuances but I am trying to figure out why I don't get a numeric indication of new mail in some of my email accounts? Only the default mail account. I have 4 email accounts. I have my default account of course and everything is fine when receiving an email to that account. I get a sound and then a numeric indicator showing how many new messages there are. I have all of the mail accounts Inboxes in my Favorites column as well as below, but only the main default account shows a new mail indicator and the quanti...

Deleted domain user in a CRM 1.2 environment
I have a customer that has deleted a domain user in a CRM 1.2 environment. As far as I can see form the info in Goole groups, this is probably the worst thing you can do. Has anyone come across a simple way to recover this yet other that restoring or new install? ...

Allow users to copy text from articles
As far as I can tell, there is no way to select and copy text from a knowledge base article.* I've run into 2 situations so far this morning where that would've been useful. Linda *OK, I could unpublish it, then copy the text, or e-mail it to myself... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click...

Add capability to graph in the form of y=x.
Mathematical functions are very difficult to accurately graph even with massive amounts of coordinates. Excel will not graph variable-dependant equations; that is it will not graph them without a lot of tinkering and results in very unprofessional looking end product. Please add a way to make y=x graphs that doesn't take hours to create through mixed graphs. Joshua@watsonhome.org ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message p...

Open a form with TABS from another form
This is my problem: I have a form with TABS (formVisitReason) i use to create a record with many yes/no buttons. After I create the record, I want to view the record I just created, but impossible to make it work. The form always comes back blank, even though the record was created and i can see it in teh database. Here is teh logic: I open the above form from the visit table, which has a visitID. Tha visitID is passed to the formvisitreason. This is working like a charm. But when i want to view what I just created, impossible visitReasonID is an autonumber from the visit table...

Passing avalue from one form to another
I have a form (ItemBrowse_frm) that provides me a list of active Item numbers. When I click the Item number I want to pass the Item number to my other form (SingleBill_frm) and requery the form based on that part number. I am using the following OnClick Forms![SingleBill_frm]![ParentItembx].Value = Forms!ItemBrowse_frm.[ItemNumber] Forms![SingleBill_frm].Requery Somehow the SingleBill_frm does not requery and the field that I am passing the value to does not show the value passed until I highlight the field. Is there a better way to do this or what am I doing wrong? Thank you! ...

Converting Access Forms to Webforms
Hello, I've scanned through the forums here and didn't notice any up-to-date links for my answer, so I thought I'd post my question and see if I could get any response that I could understand, lol. I have several databases that individuals use with user interfaces (forms) that I would love to be able to convert, and still retain their functionality with the database, to a webpage. How can I successfully do this? The forms themselves are a lot of work in combination with queries and reports, and I'd rather not have to recode them all if possible. If this is possible, ...

Recieving forms
For some reason I no longer recieve my front page forms and possibly related problem my e-mail no longer automatically downloads when I open my e-mail the header of the e-mails come on there but I have to click on the header to view the message. Steve ...

Help Creating Form
I have 5 tables: Manufacturers, Products, Brands, Varieties, Sizes. I would like a combobox Manufacturer that would filter a Products combobox that would in turn filter a Brands combobox. After selecting a Brand from the Brand combobox, I need to enter several Varieties for each Brand and several Sizes (Size, Unit, Pkg) for each Variety. Please help. I am new to this. I have the relations set in the order that the tables appear on the 1st line of this post. On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 06:38:14 GMT, "rnjalston" <u58689@uwe> wrote: >I have 5 tables: Manufacturers...

Slow down checking for new messages
Gurus, Running Outlook 2003 in Corporate mode. Exchange 2003 server on the back-end. Is there anyway to make my Outlook client check for new messages only like say, every 30 minutes? I am trying to organize my time better and I find that email being delivered to me as soon as it is sent is a distraction. -- Spin No, but you can impose some self-discipline. Set a time each hour when you will deal with incoming mail such as on the half-hour. If there is no need to respond immediately, then don't - keep working on the task at hand until half past the hour. -- Milly Staples ...

raise form events programmatically
Is it possible to raise built-in form events programmatically? I have a feeling it isn't but thought I would check. For instance, I want to do something like this within a private sub on the form: RaiseEvent Delete(Cancel) and have it trigger the Access.Form delete event -- i.e. without actually deleting a bound record. Note my delete event is not handled by the form itself but by an external class, so I can't simply call Form_Delete(Cancel). Thanks, Eric No need to raise an event: just call the procedure Dim intCancel As Integer Call Form_Del...

Adding form textbox to subform textbox
Hi, I have a form named frmBusiness which has a subform named frmInspectionsSub. Each business can have several inspections (One to Many). I would like to add a number in frmBusiness's textbox named "InspectionCycle" to a textbox in frmInspectionsSub named "InspectionDate" which contains a date. I would like to display this in a textbox on frmBusiness. I need to have the "InspectionCycle" add to the year in "InspectionDate". I also need the InspectionDate that it adds to be the last or largest date of that record, (not of the entire domain just of th...