need help with conditional format

Hi,

I am having problems with "conditional formatting". I use 3 columns of
data and on my last column is where I apply the "conditional format".

In the beginning I had it all set up and it worked perfectly. Now when I
open the same file, the "conditional formatting" on my data always
disappears.

That last column I have problems with was set with 3 markers: a green
arrow up, neutral yellow bar, and a red arrow down.

So every time I redo the "conditional format" to set it up the way I
want, the arrows disappear when I close the file but the data stays the
same.

Is this a natural problem for many people?

--
Tonnyjj

Excel Startup Error
When I click on a excel document the computer hangs for about 2 seconds, then opens excel with no document displayed. If I first ope excel (click on the .exe) and then open a dcoument, no problem. I als have the same issue with Word. Have tried repairing Office installation, removing and reinstallin excell, deleted all .xla files - nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance -- philale ----------------------------------------------------------------------- philalex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1537 View ...

Need a program that works with Outlook Express
I know there os a program for downloading that works with Outlook Express. Fixes such things as missing < at the start of reply lines. Can't remember the name nor came I find it searching the Internet. Do you know the name of a program like that. Thanks OE-QuoteFix: http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA " Cal Who" <CalWhoQQ@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:OTTBNIKbKHA.5796@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I know there os a program for downloa...

COUNTIF Multiple Conditions
How do I use countif with multiple conditions Column B has dates Column C has Various data or Blank I need to count the number of non blanks in column C if column A is one of 3 dates I have tried the array formula below, but am getting the wrong answer {=SUM((Sheet1!$B$2:$B$100=A6)*(Sheet1!$B$2:$B$100=A7)*(Sheet1!$B$2:$B$100=A8)*(Sheet1!$C$2:$C$100<>""))} A6, A7 and A8 are the cells witth the dates in -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Help
I've come across waterfall charts (and read the various postings on this forum, and the links to sites that tell you how to make them in excel) So far so good. The charts are great for clearly showing a single change (either a plus or a minus), and cope with occasions where plusses and minuses are shown on the same column (the next column starts in the right place). What they don't show in those circumstances is the aggregate value (i.e. plus 3000, minus 2000, aggregate is 1000 (3000-2000!), so would ideally show as 1000 greater than the invisible. Hope this makes sense. Any ...

need some basic help
I have a basic daily sales sheet that has a number value in column one for the day of the month from 1 to 31, column 2 has the daily sales that I put in manually and column 3 has the total sales for the month =SUM(B2+C1). At the bottom on row 31 I calculate daily average sales with a basic =C3/C1 and I have to change on a daily basis by hand... all extremely basic stuff. But I'm looking for a way to calculate the daily average sales automatically as I put in the daily sales each day without having to edit the row 31 formula every day. I tried googling for daily average sales but th...

Excel formats
Problem: changing numeric values into text vales then adding a space into the text cell, to take the place of the"," to denote thousands, move the "$" to the end and change the "." to a comma, ex: $1,896,230.00 once changed to a text value becomes "1896230.00", result I require is "1 896 230,00 $" A number of Financial values across multiple spreadsheets require this type of formatting. If this can be done as a macro or formula, that would be most helpful. -- Keith Dore The only thing I can think of is a CASE statement in VBA.........w...

Help Urgent
Is There is Any Way To Block LAN User Attachment restriction On 30 Jun 2005 03:30:15 -0700, shabbir550@gmail.com wrote: >Is There is Any Way To Block LAN User Attachment restriction Describe that again? On Exchange you can't block attachments or attachment types. If you want to do that then you can configure the client not to allow certain attachment types to be opened. Can you please help me how to do so . Thanks in advance I Want The Internal User Not To Send / Receive Attachment Mails Like Zip , Mp3 Etc . we Had blocked the same in our firewall gateway . Externally It is bl...

HELP: Display search results in footer section in a split form
Hi All, I have designed a split form with some search criteria in the Header/ Details Section. How can I display results in the footer section? Is there a way to do it? Basically I just want to display results below the search criteria and not in a new tab or window. Hope I made it clear Thanks in advance If you want Quick & Dirty, create a textBox in the Footer and just fill it programmatically at execution-time. "sam" wrote: > Hi All, > > I have designed a split form with some search criteria in the Header/ > Details Section. How can ...

help with data collection!
Hello all! Here is a c/p of partial of my post from the other forum. Any and all help is greatly appriceated guys! Thanks! So I have this list that has product numbers in column A, product prices in column B, and order number for the products in column C ... most products have more than once instance.. for example col a col b col c producta 10.99 345353 producta 11.99 3445453 producta 10.99 657567 producta 8.99 345353 producta 10.99 5464646 so what I'm trying to do now is , when i type in the product number(products are alphanumeric w/ no spaces - the a...

Follow up to previous post: Need code to import into access/Autonumber
I was trying to tihnk of solutions to the table in access being out of order when i use: DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet in code to import an excel file. 1. I could read the excel file from access. Does anyody have access code to open an exel sheet and read it into a table in access in code? 2. have the user maintain an autonumber like field. THis way, I can have this to sort on when I import it. Does excel have an autonumber field? Thanks Some sample code for reading EXCEL spreadsheet and writing to recordset that may get you started: Dim lngColumn As Long Dim xlx As Object, xlw As O...

Is it possible to format *individual* gridlines?
I would like to make the 0 line (X-axis) bold, to emphasise when my graphed line drops below zero, but it seems as though I can only format all of the gridlines together. Is it possible to format a single gridline alone? Hi, No you can not format individual gridlines. To get the effect you can use a dummy series and format that. See here for more information. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html Cheers Andy newaglish wrote: > I would like to make the 0 line (X-axis) bold, to emphasise when my graphed > line drops below zero, but it seems as though I can only format a...

VBA Help in Access 2007
When looking through the Help engine, either local or online, I get blank pages when I look at many detail pages in the Help file. For example, when looking at most all web pages in ADO (Section I: ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), there's one title line and no detail. Is that planned behavior (no data) or is there some setting or site to find information? I'm specifically looking for handling records in a table (read, process, summarize). Thanks Terryomsn =?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?= <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:04199121-0746-4A15-B201-03F13827D29C@microso...

Having Formatting Remain on "Called" cell using IF function
I'm using an IF function to call some other cells, but I want to have the various words color coded, eg ("Certified" is green, "Recertify" is yellow, and "Not Certified" is red). I have the IF function working correctly, but when it "calls" the cell to have it display the appropriate word, the color of each word is not brought along with it...only the text. Is there a way to be able to color code it so that the appropriate color appears? Thanks! -- Zaraf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Zaraf's Profi...

format of number keeps changing
I have an excel spreadsheet and in 2 of the columns i have a list of numbers, the format of the cells for each column are the same but on the second column when i type in a number and hit enter to go to the cell below it changes the digit at the end of the number to a zero, for example if i put in 12345 when i hit enter it changes to 12340, this doesnt happen on the column beside it even thought the formatting of the numbers for each cell in both columns is the same. Any ideas????? Is the number more like 1234567890123456 and it becomes 1234567890123450 ?? If so, you're ...

Appropriate number format to dispaly time in hours in XY chart
What is the appropriate number format to display time in hours:minute:seconds in a XY chart? [hh]:mm:ss -- David Biddulph "Saritha" <Saritha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F67F716-CBD7-4B3F-8B29-8B88139B1A7B@microsoft.com... > What is the appropriate number format to display time in > hours:minute:seconds > in a XY chart? ...

Help with Formula, returns #NAME!
Hello, I am trying to get this formula to work. =SUM(IF(D5,VALUE<"4/1/07", E5,+ SUM(IF(F5,VALUE<"4/1/07",G5)))) Thanks bp Try: =SUM(IF(D5<DATEVALUE("4/1/07"),E5)+SUM(IF(F5<DATEVALUE("4/1/07"),G5))) Jim May "bp" wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to get this formula to work. > =SUM(IF(D5,VALUE<"4/1/07", E5,+ SUM(IF(F5,VALUE<"4/1/07",G5)))) > > Thanks > bp > > > Hello Jim, Thanks, it worked well. Could you adjust the following formula to accomodate a DATE RANGE. example d...

Help recording a reverse stock split
A stock in my portfolio had a reverse stock split. Microsoft money does not have an option for this. Does anybody have a work around for this problem. In microsoft.public.money, mncpastud wrote: >A stock in my portfolio had a reverse stock split. > >Microsoft money does not have an option for this. > >Does anybody have a work around for this problem. For a regular split, you might do a 2 for 1 split. For a reverse split, do a 1 for 10 split, or whatever the split is. The problem with the reverse split is the first number: it is .1429 for 1. The first number has to be a ...

Need help with Outllook Laptop client install error
Attempting to install the laptop client and the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition fails with the follow message, "Unknown exit code 29559". Any help with problem would very much be appreciated. Bob At what point in the installation does it fail? Was SQL Express installed before the CRM client? -- Richard Riddle CRM Developer Autonomix "Bob" wrote: > Attempting to install the laptop client and the SQL Server 2005 Express > Edition fails with the follow message, "Unknown exit code 29559". > > Any help with problem would very much be apprec...

New Report Needed
The Boss needs an end-of-year report. One of the custom reports comes close, but yields screwy results. What we need is a report that shows the customer information (name, address, etc) and the total amount of purchases for the period. It would be nice to be able to input the date range, but YTD is the minimum requirement. If we could specify how many (top 10, top 50, top 100) customers to show, that would be icing on the cake. The goal is to output to Excel. The problem is, the current custom report shows the customer info (address etc) on the report DETAIL line, which makes no sense...

Help JPEG's wont load
I have Publisher 97 I'm having problems importing jpegs. Some will load others say I'm missing converters for the JPEG files. Hi Robert (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have Publisher 97 I'm having problems importing jpegs. || Some will load others say I'm missing converters for the || JPEG files. You may have a corrupt jpg filter. Find your jpg filter, and rename it then reinstall Publisher. The filter name is: Jpegim32.flt Rename this to: Jpegim32.old Then reinstall Publisher and their filters. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Pu...

Need to retrieve a deleted Excel File
On Saturday I hide an excel sheet and then protected the workbook. When I got into work today to open the file it was non-existent. What do I have to do to retrieve the file? Does it make a difference if the file extension ended with .csv? Thanks in advance! Search in Windows to make sure it's still on your compute -or go to the folder the file is in and look to make sure it's still ther -or If you didn't do this, you might need to to text, which includes *.cs Excel is not set to open this type of file by defaul tj Did you (try to) open the file with Excel. If so : did ...

Outlook 2003 Problem-Need immediate help
Hi, I have been using Outlook 2003 and XP for many years. For last two days I am facing huge problem with Outlook as it does not download new message and when I click send/receive the CPU usage surges to 100%. I tried safe mode etc but it does not work. I shall highly appreciate immediate advice to solve this problem. Thanx Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details s...

Question concerning Barron's, Wall Street Journal, Investors Business Daily (Compare/Contrast -- Help Me Choose!! Confused...)
Do you recommend Barron's OR Wall Street Journal OR Both? And perhaps throw Investors Business Daily (Investors.com) into the loop! Any recommendations? Why or why not? I am just wondering the key differences between both... I know Barron's is a weekly publication while WSJ is daily (weekdays and one weekend edition). You can also choose to receive the WSJ weekend edition. Investors is daily (weekdays and one weekend editions). You can also choose to receive ust the weekend/"Monday edition" as well, just like WSJ which is a cheaper price tag... I am more interested in the ...

I just deleted an excel file I need. Can I get it back? Thanks!
I just deleted an excel file I need. Can I get it back? Thanks! is it in your recycle bin? "DebbieT" <DebbieT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BD426FF-C959-4918-8343-95ABDCAA7C96@microsoft.com... >I just deleted an excel file I need. Can I get it back? Thanks! ...

How to know which mfc.dlls are needed to run my app
When I build a .exe using MFC, it won't run unless it can access the proper .dlls (mfc32d.dll, etc.). How can I find which .dlls I need to include when I want to install my software on another computer? First of all, if your application is complaining about a missing mfc DLL that has a "d" on the end of the name then you need to rebuild your application using the Release build. The debug DLLs are not, nor should they be, redistributable. Next, you can run the depends.exe utility to identify what DLLs your application requires. It will show you ALL the DLLs that are needed to...