Need Help Charting Data #2

Thanks Julie.

what are the headings for the column and how do you want to see th
data

I would like to see both columns besides date on 'Y' axis.  Basically
I would like to see the values in both column B and C for a given date
Column 'B' is system physical memory and column 'C' is logical memor
for the system on a given date.

how many rows of data are we talking about

There are approximately 3000 rows in this set of data.  Each date ha
approximately 96 readings except a few days where I have about 10
readings.

what is the date range of the
data (assuming 10-05-04 is a date) .. have you look into pivot charts?

It starts with 10-05-04 and goes to 11-04-04.  The data is static and
am taking a file from where the information is written to and putting i
into excel to do some analysis.  In the future, I might look into se
how this file can be used by excel dynamically.

Regards,
Mudassa

--
mzafa
mzafar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1609

Hi Mudassar

there is no way that you can "effectively" chart 3000 rows, so my advice
would be to use a pivot table to summarise the daily information
- this is the way i would do it
assuming headings in row 1 are date, physical memory, logical memory
put the date in the row section of the pivot table and the memory fields in
the data section, right mouse click on where it says sum of physical memory,
choose field settings and change it to average, do the same for logical
memory
now click on the chart wizard icon on the PIVOT TABLE toolbar and you'll
have a graph of the information which.

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"mzafar" <mzafar.1f9btc@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Thanks Julie.
>
> what are the headings for the column and how do you want to see the
> data
>
> I would like to see both columns besides date on 'Y' axis.  Basically,
> I would like to see the values in both column B and C for a given date.
> Column 'B' is system physical memory and column 'C' is logical memory
> for the system on a given date.
>
> how many rows of data are we talking about
>
> There are approximately 3000 rows in this set of data.  Each date has
> approximately 96 readings except a few days where I have about 101
> readings.
>
> what is the date range of the
> data (assuming 10-05-04 is a date) .. have you look into pivot charts?
>
> It starts with 10-05-04 and goes to 11-04-04.  The data is static and I
> am taking a file from where the information is written to and putting it
> into excel to do some analysis.  In the future, I might look into see
> how this file can be used by excel dynamically.
>
> Please let me know if you need more information.
>
> Regards,
> Mudassar
>

> --
> mzafar
> mzafar's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16096
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=275447

0
JulieD1 (2295)

Graph
Hi, Here is the problem - There is a graph I have to create, based on the following information: I have projects names, and each project has the following data: 1. Estimated cost. 2. Actual cost. 3.Status, which can be one of 3: a. over with b. in progress c. per demand I need to put the data on a 3D column graph, in a way that each project will have 2 columns that compare estimated and actual cost, but the problem is I also need to put some kind of an attribute on every project which reflects its status. How do I do that? Thanks in advance, Chen. Chen - I'd suggest a 2D chart type in...

Extracting Data #2
Dear All, I need a help on data extracting... I have a data abt 12 col and 40 rows with header in each col. the header like --- Inv no, Inv Dt, Customer Name, amount, chq no Chq date etc.... there are mutiple records (ie. rows) for a customer, i want to lis all the records / rows pertining to a customer and make report in a diff worksheet. I can do this using advance filter, but if i change the the custome name resepective rows will not get changed dynamically, again i have to do the whole process of advance filter.. cud u plz suggest same other method so that records are dynamicall chan...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

How do I plot Excel data on a floorplan?
I'm trying to find a way to plot data from an Excel worksheet on a floorplan diagram. The data reflects room assignments for a hospital, so some data stays the same for days while other data changes on a twice a day basis. I want to enable someone to be able to enter the data on the worksheet and have excel output the names, etc in the proper room assignments on the floorplan automatically. The users could then print this floorplan to locate the assignments more easily. I can either scan a hardcopy of the floorplan, or I have access to Visio so I could also quickly construct a d...

charts #6
Hi, I have some 100-150 dates whose different datas have to be represented on line chart. So when i created same the chart made is small and cant be properly displayed. What i need is ome sort of scroll bars at ends so that at one time i can show say 10-15 dates' data and scroll to show others.... pl help... try this url http://www.andypope.info/charts/Scrolling.htm help <help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0FE3172-2ACD-4D79-B08C-81327F961A2B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have some 100-150 dates whose different datas have to be represented on > line ...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

excel charts converted into pdf
Hello, I'm experiencing the following issue: I have a handful of charts in Excel that I inserted into Word and then converted the entire word document into PDF format using Acrobat Professional. Resulting PDF has black vertical bars in place of vertical text next to X-axis and title of the Y-axis. Converting charts into PDF directly from Excel does not produce this problem. However I must use Word doc. I have XP SP3,MS Office 2003 and Acrobat Professional 7.0. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks I've had this happen to me, too, on occasion. Not real often, fortunately. When I lo...

Macro help needed........

Multiple Recipient Policies #2
I have a dilema. I have created (2) storage groups in Exchange 2003 SP1. I had my default storage group for a while but I wanted to start archiving. I allready had my maximum (4) mailbox stores on my default so I created a second storage group called "Archive Storage Group" with a single mailbox store also called "Archive". Here is my question; How do I set a retention (recipient) policy on my Archive storage group/user without affecting the default storage group? Currently my recipient policy deletes anything in deleted items older than 7 days. For my Exchange Archive use...

Chart apearing small for one user only
I have a situation where person one sends person two a excel 2003 document with a chart and person two can see the chart but it is rely small. Person one can send the file to other people and it shows up fine. Person two can send the same file to other people and it shows up fine. What is wrong with person two's setup? The zoom percentage on both computers for both people are always the same value. Person two can increase his and it seems as if it distorts the chart. When he sends that file to someone else it looks ok (not distorted) but very big. Please help. Thanks. Do...

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Help with formula 12-17-09

2 sumif functions in one formula
Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula and return the same results. If so, how would the formula be written? Thanks. Todd If you are to return the same results why do you need 2 formulas? It would be good to give specifics with examples. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04d201c3b391$f9f5ef20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula > and return the same results. If so, how would the formula > be written? Thanks. > > T...

Need help on this....thanks

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

hide workbook behind chart
Hi, I am dealing with a pre-owned spread-sheet. It has nice charts in each worksheet; when looking at these charts the background of the worksheet is not visible - the chart appears to be "floating" in the workshhet . Whenever I add a new chart to the book (on a new worksheet) I get a chart sitting atop a grid of cells. How can I make my new charts pretty like the other ones? Bill... The "nice" chart you describe is not embedded in a worksheet, instead it is its own chart sheet. In step 4 of the chart wizard you have a choice whether to create the chart as an objec...

Filtering problem #2
Dear All, Is it possible to return results from the same row but within differen columns using a filter? I appreciate your help -- gaftali ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gaftalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47302 Hi there, Not sure what you mean there. Can you explain 'return results'? -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack) "gaftalik" <gaftalik.1wdxqa_1128441903.0178@excelforum-n...

I need Help

need help badly