Need Formula

Hey guys,

I am a professional driver and my workbook is setup to keep track of my
hours on the road on a day-to-day basis. With the new change in the DOT law
I need a solution that complies with those variations but works with this
setup:

The days of the month run down column A contiguously and each days hours are
tracked across rows. For example; Cell E6 is the Drive Time. Cell F6 is the
On Duty hours. Cell G6 contains the formula; =SUM(E6:F6). Now, cell I6 adds
that total to include the previous 5 cells in column G to come up with a
total (the last six days) on duty.

Okay, cell K6 is the constant of 60:00 hours which contains the formula;
="60:00"-I6 to come up with the available hours for the next day for each
day of the month. Column K is the Available Tomorrow hours column and the
results run down accordingly.

So what I need exactly is for column K (each cell) to calculate the
available hours tomorrow with the caveat that it will reset to 60:00 if the
value of the preceding cells in the G column are 0:00 in the past 34:00
hours. Is this possible? Please help, I'm at my wits-end here.

P.S. The entire spreadsheet is time formatted - (00:00).

TIA, Ken G.

0
kgrass (3)

Hi Ken

I think you already posted this topic (sound familiar to me :-). It
would be better to stay in the thread.

To your problem: I think I understand your issue besides the 34:00
hours topic. You only have drive time, on duty time, etc. And 34 hours
cannot be divided into full days. As you have only full days in column
G (if I understood you correctly) how should 34 hours be calculated.

Maybe you can give some more information. You can - if you like - email
me your spreadsheet and I'll have a look at it.
Frank

K. Grass wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I am a professional driver and my workbook is setup to keep track of
> my hours on the road on a day-to-day basis. With the new change in
> the DOT law I need a solution that complies with those variations but
> works with this setup:
>
> The days of the month run down column A contiguously and each days
> hours are tracked across rows. For example; Cell E6 is the Drive
> Time. Cell F6 is the On Duty hours. Cell G6 contains the formula;
> =SUM(E6:F6). Now, cell I6 adds that total to include the previous 5
> cells in column G to come up with a total (the last six days) on
duty.

> Okay, cell K6 is the constant of 60:00 hours which contains the
> formula; ="60:00"-I6 to come up with the available hours for the next
> day for each day of the month. Column K is the Available Tomorrow
> hours column and the results run down accordingly.
>
> So what I need exactly is for column K (each cell) to calculate the
> available hours tomorrow with the caveat that it will reset to 60:00
> if the value of the preceding cells in the G column are 0:00 in the
> past 34:00 hours. Is this possible? Please help, I'm at my wits-end
> here.
>
> P.S. The entire spreadsheet is time formatted - (00:00).
>
> TIA, Ken G.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

Help with formula 12-17-09

2 sumif functions in one formula
Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula and return the same results. If so, how would the formula be written? Thanks. Todd If you are to return the same results why do you need 2 formulas? It would be good to give specifics with examples. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04d201c3b391$f9f5ef20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula > and return the same results. If so, how would the formula > be written? Thanks. > > T...

need help badly

I need Help

Need Help Despertly!

sumif formula required
Hello I have only basic knowledge of excel and need a formula to extrac information. A B C Client Process Sqm CEK Fibre 100 RDF Gloss 200 ERF Emul 150 CEK Fibre 100 What formula should I use to extract all CEK clients who purchase th fibre process giving total sqm. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who...

Plug in needed

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Summary of data using array formula
I have a spreadsheet where there are several columns with data using validation picklists as well as free-entry columns. I would like to create a summary of the data in the form of counts based on the existence of specific values in these columns with the ability to change the date range. I've created the array formula and have set up a 'startdate' and 'enddate' cells where the user can enter the range they're looking for. No matter what I do the value always reports a zero. I have used these types of array formulas before, however, not using date rang...

Excel formulas #3
I am using a workday fomula to fill in dates across my spreadsheet. The formula also removes holidays. I need to include Saturdays as a workday. How can I accomplish this? =B1+SMALL(IF((WEEKDAY(B1+(ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&10))))={2,3,4,5,6,7})* ISNA(MATCH(B1+(ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&10))),holidays,0)),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&10))),1) this is an arry formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "aviationmech" <aviationmech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D014DA1C-4B9F-4285-8C28-C804362521...

Which setting do I need to adjust
I've noticed that when using my default browser IE 8 and I click on a link that is suppose to start a download, it doesn't. When I click on the same link in firefox the download starts like it should. Can anyone tell me what setting in IE 8 is preventing the download from starting? on the page it says "Downloading: 50fpct-Just4freeplanet.com.rar | 34.7 MB" but in IE 8 it isn't downloading. It also isn't asking me if I want to allow IE 8 to download the file like it sometimes does. Thanks Shep wrote: > I've noticed that when using my d...

Need Help with Excel and Flagging Outcomes!
I’m using Excel 2007, and here is my question… I want to put a formula in cell C3 that looks at outcomes in cell B3. If the raw score outcome in cell B3 has the following values, I would like cell C3 to provide the following words: IF: THEN: B3=Blank C3=Blank B3= Greater than 0-1.9 C3=Definitely False B3=2.0-2.9 C3=Mostly False B3=3.0-3.9 C3=Don’t Know B3=4.0-4.9 C3=Mostly True B3= 5.0 or greater C3=Definitely True Thank you for your help! Hi This should do it: =IF(B3=0,"",IF(B3<2,"Definet...

I really need help. Need a formula. Need it yesterday.
I'm new to Excel formulas, and I need one that is well beyond me at this stage, but probably a piece of cake for an Excel Wizard. I have a modest staffing schedule on Excel that shows several teams of employees with staffing requirements that may change every thirty minutes, as does the number of employees available in each team. I have the spreadsheet linked to another that provides the total, overall staffing requirement for each half hour, so that the total staffing requirement for each half-hour automatically loads to my staffing schedule. Likewise with the total number of emp...

Dynamic formula
Hello; I know I have asked this question before but can not seem to find the answer. It may have been purged by now. I have done this before but can't seem to figure out how. I am working in 2003. I have three fields I would like to use to create a formula A14 B14 C14 D14 Number Number Operand Answer(by Formula) therefore what I am trying to do is create a basic formula with a dynamic operand. =CONCATENATE("=(",A18,C14,B18,")") is the formula I am using. I have tried with and without the parens. Ex. Enter +...