names ans addresses

hi to everyone,
have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your
writings to me

my first question is

i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007
and for each column i want
name          first name      introd by    like    dislike
address

now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so
that by the typing of word      like   theatre or gardens i can isolate
the others and only to bring up those that like that subject

please remember   IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

--
bobbydog
bobbydog's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=175

Welcome to To The Code Cage, we hope you will enjoy your
experience here and being part of our community!

Bobbydog, didn't i answer a question like this for you on the MS
newsgroups?, anyway, post a workbook with your structure and dummy data
and i can help you directly with that!

Attatchments.

To upload a workbook, click reply then add your few words, scroll down
past the submit button and you will see the Manage Attatchments button,
this is where you get to add files for upload, if you have any trouble
please use this  link or the one at the bottom of the
any page.

bobbydog;271886 Wrote:
> hi to everyone,
> have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your
> writings to me
>
> my first question is
>
> i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007
> and for each column i want
> name first name introd by like dislike
> address
>
> now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so
> that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the
> others and only to bring up those that like that subject
>
> please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=75751

To paraphrase, you want to be able to enter a word, and only see those rows
that contain that word in the like/dislike column (respectively)?

Select the row that contains your headers. Go to Data - Filter ->AutoFilter.
You should now see several little arrows(drop downs). In your like column,
open the drop down, choose custom. Make sure first box is on "contains" and
in the second box, type the word you want to find.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"bobbydog" wrote:

> hi to everyone,
> have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your
> writings to me
>
> my first question is
>
> i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007
> and for each column i want
> name          first name      introd by    like    dislike
> address
>
> now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so
> that by the typing of word      like   theatre or gardens i can isolate
> the others and only to bring up those that like that subject
>
> please remember   IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh
>

> --
> bobbydog
> bobbydog's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=175
> View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=75751

0
LukeM (202)
3/16/2009 7:28:13 PM
mrs a	mary	hants	theatre
mrs b	jill	oxford	gardens/theatre
mrs c	joan	london	theatre
mrs d 	milly	london	gardens/theatre
x 800	molly	bucks	trips
	x800	x800	trips
hopefully this will  upload  and thanks for being nice

--
bobbydog
bobbydog's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=175
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=75751

Across row 1 enter your column titles like Name  First Name  Address  Introd
By  Like  Dislike

That would be in cells A1 through F1

Now add your data for each person in the cells below these titles.

Then Data>Filter>Autofilter.

Select a column and filter for what you want to see.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 18:54:09 +0000, bobbydog
<bobbydog.3p5nqi@thecodecage.com> wrote:

>hi to everyone,
>have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your
>writings to me
>
>my first question is
>
>i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007
>and for each column i want
>name          first name      introd by    like    dislike
>address
>
>now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so
>that by the typing of word      like   theatre or gardens i can isolate
>the others and only to bring up those that like that subject
>
>please remember   IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

0
Gord
3/16/2009 7:45:41 PM
luke m

you are a star to the power of 10

if i need ought else can i call upon you
many many cheers and have a beer
:):):):)
--- Automerged consecutive post before response ---
goes for you too   gord dibben   5*

--
bobbydog
bobbydog's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=175
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=75751

Thanks bobbydog. I'm on here fairly often and will usually lend a helping
hand/thought if I can, and if not, there's plenty of other knowledgeable
people on here too who can probably help out.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"bobbydog" wrote:

> luke m
>
> you are a star to the power of 10
>
> if i need ought else can i call upon you
> many many cheers and have a beer
> :):):):)
> --- Automerged consecutive post before response ---
> goes for you too   gord dibben   5*
>

> --
> bobbydog
> bobbydog's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=175
> View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=75751

0
LukeM (202)
3/17/2009 6:18:10 PM
hi luke
next prob for an excel newbie (total)
if in the left hand column  A1 i start to write an address, it
continues in a long horizontal line
and if at any time i want to start a new line then it goes into A2
what i want to do is to put in a full address as it would appear on an
envelope
HOW

--
bobbydog
bobbydog's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=175
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=75751

In one cell?

You could try Formatting to Wrap Text and Autofit Row

Or whenever you want a linefeed in a cell hit Alt + Enter

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 20:33:51 +0000, bobbydog
<bobbydog.3p7mfx@thecodecage.com> wrote:

>hi luke
>next prob for an excel newbie (total)
>if in the left hand column  A1 i start to write an address, it
>continues in a long horizontal line
>and if at any time i want to start a new line then it goes into A2
>what i want to do is to put in a full address as it would appear on an
>envelope
>HOW

0
Gord

Windows Mail Drops 1st 2 letters of Reply-To Address
About a month ago, Windows mail started dropping the 1st 2 letters of the reply-to email address for all of my Yahoo contacts...I deleted the contacts from my list and reentered them...it still does it. I can send a new email to these people just fine...but cannot use the "reply to" feature. Any ideas? -- christinewv "christinewv" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:133071c331d4e1bf5f974795ec9ed6d5@nntp-gateway.com... > > About a month ago, Windows mail started dropping the 1st 2 letters of > the reply-to email address for ...

Chart Names
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this is an easy one but I just can't figure it out. I have a worksheet with 3 charts on it. I need to write some VBA to select each chart in turn and change its axis settings. So I figured the first thing to do is to name the charts so that I can select them properly in the VBA. But how do I name a chart??? If I select the chart I get "Chart Area" in the name box and I can't edit it. Many thanks for any help, Tony M As answered in .programming -- Hold the Ctrl key and click on the chart to select it. Click in the Name Box, type a new ...

Naming a range
I have a such macro : Private Sub Macro1(arkusz As Worksheet) arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Select Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select Arkusz50.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="A1", RefersToR1C1:=Selection zLastRow = zLastRow + arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Rows.Count Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=ActiveCell End Sub However the above macro doesnt work (this part: ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=&quo...

block address
There is an email address that only particular users in our organization should send messages to. Is there a place in Exchange to set it so that some users cannot send a message to this particular address? On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 06:50:02 -0700, Candace <Candace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >There is an email address that only particular users in our organization >should send messages to. Is there a place in Exchange to set it so that some >users cannot send a message to this particular address? I dont think you can get that granular with anything built-in. You can limi...

Name Assignment
I need to assign a staff memeber to a group of clients Staff Names Clients Milk Shoe A-F Form Code G-L John DOe M-P The table that contains the client information CREATE TABLE [dbo].[FD__CLIENTS]( [OP__DOCID] [int] NOT NULL, [Fullname] [varchar](68) NULL, [NameF] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameL] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameMI] [varchar](20) NULL CONSTRAINT [PK_FD__CLIENTS] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED There is a staff table but there is nothing that ties it to the clients table. So the staf names will have to be hardcoded. Any ideas? On...

How do I remove the sheet name from a named formula?
I would like to use the same name to refer to the same set of cells on different worksheets: SheetTitle=$A$1 but when I try this it reverts to SheetTitle=Sheet1!$A$1 Any ideas how to do it? I could use =IF(,,,) if I knew how to look up the currently active sheet; =IF(SheetName="Sheet1",TRUE,FALSE) Any ideas how to reference the name of the sheet? Well, you could do something like this: SheetTitle=!$A$1 The exclamation point means that the Name will refer to A1 on the active worksheet. Excel uses the SheetName to tell things apart. If I try to give to different A1'...

Help on convert Custom Email Address Policy, Address List on Ex 20
Can someone help or give hint on how to convert this LDAP to OPATH filters: It's cutsom email address policy initially created on legacy exchange server and needs to be upgraded to exchange 2007 version: (&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(homeMDB=*))(!(msEXchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=contact))(objectCategory=group)(objectCateory=publicFolder))))(objectCategory=user)(mail=*bc.com))) when we right clic...

Auto populate Email when Name is chosen
I have a list of names which i present in a combo box on the userform. I have an email textbox. I want the email to be auto-populated based on the name chosed. May I ask your help with this? Hi Jerry, Only the first procedure is really relevant in this post the others are to show how you may want to call it but, that entirely depends on your needs. Private sub BuildAndSend has 4 required parameters “ToWhom”, “Subject”,”Body”, and “Send”. Pass the appropriate values to the procedure and it will send or display an email to the user to send. HTH. Private Sub BuildAndSend( _ ...

Custom entity with same display name as out of the box?
I tried to create a new entity "new_InvoiceDDI" with a display name of "Invoice" and it won't allow the display name to be the same as a "out of the box" entity. Why is this? Anyone know a way around it? CRM 4.0 Mark Hi Mark, There's no way around it except renaming the existing invoice entity to something else. One obvious reason is the Outlook Client. It uses the display names to show folders, but folders needs to have a unique name. The web client uses the display names as well, so how can a user differentiate between two entities having the...

Populate combobox with folder names
I had found this code to show folder names that displays in a msgbox, is it possible to get the list of folder names into a combobox? --------------------------------------- Sub ListFolders() Dim fs, f, f1, fc, s Dim folderspec folderspec = "C:\Excel\" Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set f = fs.GetFolder(folderspec) Set fc = f.SubFolders For Each f1 In fc s = s & f1.Name s = s & vbCrLf Next MsgBox s End Sub ---------------------------------------- This is for exc...

Instance name must be the same name as the computer name ...
I've seen many posts about this installation issue and ran across it myself during an install on an existing SBS server. When running Select @@servername I received a null answer. I looked in the sysservers table in the master database and found that there was no '0' server listed as I've seen on all other installs of SQL. I took a chance and changed the value to 0, restarted SQL and ran the @@servername and it now came back as the name of the server as expected and I was able to install CRM with no problems. Long term I don't know if this will cause issues with ...

Change the name of an employee class
Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Patti, Where did you want to change them (cards, trx, history, etc). There are several tables involved. Would it be possible to make new classes starting with the class you want to duplicate as a default. Please let us know what you are trying to accomplish by changing classes. Kind regards, Leslie "Patti Anderson" wrote: > Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Our naming convention has changed, and requires changing the names of all employee classes...

Delete e-mail addresses using a script
Pls, is there any possibility how to remove all e-mail addresses of a user using a VBScript. I need to perform the same action as I right click a user account in AD go to Exchange Task and choose Delete e-mail addresses if this option is available there. Thanks in advance. Yes, you can do that with a script. You would clear the proxyAddresses attribute using the PutEx method. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "milan" <milan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E517B94B-82A6-44C0-AA6B-10B3A52E6A79@mi...

Only accept mail from people in my address book
How can Outlook be configured only to accept mail from addresses in my address book. Or how can it automatically delete mail from addresses not in my address book? On 10/22/2003 7:55 PM, DCJ wrote: > How can Outlook be configured only to accept mail from > addresses in my address book. Or how can it automatically > delete mail from addresses not in my address book? I don't think this can be done. Other members may have ways to do this. Sorry that I can be any helpful. Good luck. Alex -- -( Alex Yu | Systms Admintr | Multmd Devlpr | AEM | RPI | MSFT MVP )- What v...

Named Reference
Hi, Can someone tell me what the pros and cons are (if any) of these 2 ways of naming a range. ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add NAME:="HOME", RefersTo:=ActiveCell Range("HOME").Select or Dim HOME As Range Set HOME = ActiveCell HOME.Select Thanks, DaveU It seems to me that the first method creates a named range that is essentially meaningless to the user and is only used for VBA processing. Additionally, if you don't write code to delete the named range it will just sit there in the workbook waiting for somebody to ask what it means. The second alternative is a clea...

"Name Conflict" when Excel 2007 open an old worksheet
Hi all, An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change the worksheet file name could not solve the problem after tested. Why? Thank you, Chik "Chik" <c...@netvigator.com> wrote... >An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as >a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also >could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change th...

Removing support for OAB 2 and 3 Offline address list
If I'm running Exchange 2003 SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP2 and no longer have any other older exchange servers in my domain why would I still need to support OAB 2 and 3 offline address list. What is the best practice for deleting the OAB 2 and 3 entries in my domain. The OAB's are specific to the client version as well. Why do you feel a need to remove them? It won't hurt anything to leave them there. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "RP in the Midwest" <RPintheMidwes...

Find a time value in one column based on names in another
Hi - I have a list of names. (40 Different names that may occur 30 - 40 times a piece in column B). In Column C I have a list of times that each person made an entry. Is there a formula that will give me the earliest time that appears in column C for each person on the list in column B? I already have a list of all of the unique names that will appear in column B that I can use as a reference. Example: col A col B col C smith 6:00am jones 5:03pm smith 7:05am jones 4:02pm adams 2:05pm adams 2:33p...

convert from last name, first name TO first name, last name
How can I convert my contacts (as a group menaing all of them at once0 from the last name, first name to first name last name, without having to enter EACH cotnact and perform it almost 400 times? Also, in what format would you suggest trying to print my contacts showing fields name mobile, home, work phone and email address? I assume there is a way to make used defined fields? You'll need to create a post with enough information that others could understand it. How are we to know which field or view you are trying to "convert?" Be specific. I would suggest pri...

Separating a name into first name and last name columns
I have a series of full names in single cells that are formatted the following way: <Last Name>,<Space><First Name> - thus it looks like the following: ADAMS, ROSEMARY I would like to separate this into two columns and eliminate the comma. I appreciate any help. I am working in Microsoft Excel 2000 and need answers in Excel, not in Visual Basic. Thank you, THEFALLGUY David(s) - thank you for the help. Problem solved. The Davids stick together!!!! Thanks, David "THEFALLGUY" wrote: > I have a series of full names in single cells that are formatted the ...

Edit Licensed to Name
I need to edit my last name in the Office 2004 registration (Splash screen). How can I do this? Thanks In article <news-AC4BCA.12232514102004@msnews.microsoft.com>, news@biggerhammer.org wrote: > I need to edit my last name in the Office 2004 registration (Splash > screen). How can I do this? > > Thanks Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html ...

Name Tags
I'm working on putting together some name tags using Publisher but when I get to the name tags and what one's to use, it will only let me print the same name tag on one sheet. How can I put more then one name on a sheet of name tags? Thanks Use mail merge. Create a database with the names, you can do this in Publisher. Click Mail Merge on the toolbar (Publisher 2000), create Publisher Address List. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Gideon" <gideonkaine@hotmail.com> wrote in message news...

Custom Address List
I can create a custom address list, but I can't seem to have to filters. My first filter for users is: User Description starts with ASI My second filter for distribution list is: Group Description starts with ASI If I have both filters, no results are found. If I have only one or the other filters, it works. Did I do something wrong? I want both users and DLs to show up on this address list. Can you post the filter (text)? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "ngan" <ngan@discussions.microso...

to create nametags, I want 8 names per sheet, not 1 name 8 times
After using an excell database as the source and mail merging, I am getting a sheet of 8 nametags with the smae person's name instead of 8 different names per sheet. How do I fix this? Are you looking at print preview? There is a bug in Publisher that when you view print preview the same information is on all labels. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fred" <fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22F2F053-3985-4D41-8F0B-E1E20119DF92@microsoft.com... > After using an excell datab...

How do I view Pivot Table source data file and field names?
I'd like information on how you can view the name/reference for the source data of a Pivot Table. For Example, in MS Access and Cognos Impromptu you can go to SQL view and see where data in a Query is coming from. It's easy to find the source of formulas in Excel, using the Audit Toolbar. I'd like a way to quickly view the file name (whether an Excel file or external source) and field names that were used to create the Pivot Table. chocolate2346 Wrote: > I'd like information on how you can view the name/reference for the > source > data of a Pivot Table. Fo...