name box in excel 2003

i am  new to excell and i have a document that i got from work that has
multiple worksheets, that drop down in the "name box" it says i get them but
i cannot get back to my original document.. sorry dont know how else to
describe this. thanks T
0
quilting2 (2)

"that dropdown in the 'name box' it says"....
What is IT? The dropdown? The name box?
"it says I get them"...
What is THEM?
"back to my original document"...
Can you see your sheet tabs?
I can only envision that you have a workbook with sheet tabs hidden ( to
fix, go to Tools-->Options-->View and make sure sheet tabs is checked) or
that you have a workbook that has the sheet tabs "off screen" (to fix, go to
Window-->Arrange all), and that you're using the name box dropdown to select
a named range that's on something besides the sheet that appeared when you
opened the file. Also, have you tried:
Ctrl+Home to get to the top of the worksheet
Ctrl+G and type in Sheet1!A1 to get to the first cell of the first sheet
(presumably).
****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************
"quilting2" <quilting2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i am  new to excell and i have a document that i got from work that has
> multiple worksheets, that drop down in the "name box" it says i get them
> but
> i cannot get back to my original document.. sorry dont know how else to
> describe this. thanks T

0
ng1 (1444)
4/11/2007 3:00:40 AM
Just a thought for a quick check
(but I think Anne's response would have nailed your issue) ..

In a new sheet,
Select A1, then click Insert > Name > Paste > Paste list
Check the pasted list for any errors in the defined names,
eg: =#REF!$A$1:$B$1

--
Max
Singapore
"quilting2" wrote:
> i am  new to excell and i have a document that i got from work that has
> multiple worksheets, that drop down in the "name box" it says i get them but
> i cannot get back to my original document.. sorry dont know how else to
> describe this. thanks T
0
demechanik (4693)
4/11/2007 6:56:06 AM
Thank you the windows option worked to add the worksheets to the
bottom of my screen so that i could see them.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

> "that dropdown in the 'name box' it says"....
> What is IT? The dropdown? The name box?
> "it says I get them"...
> What is THEM?
> "back to my original document"...
> Can you see your sheet tabs?
> I can only envision that you have a workbook with sheet tabs hidden ( to
> fix, go to Tools-->Options-->View and make sure sheet tabs is checked) or
> that you have a workbook that has the sheet tabs "off screen" (to fix, go to
> Window-->Arrange all), and that you're using the name box dropdown to select
> a named range that's on something besides the sheet that appeared when you
> opened the file. Also, have you tried:
> Ctrl+Home to get to the top of the worksheet
> Ctrl+G and type in Sheet1!A1 to get to the first cell of the first sheet
> (presumably).
> ****************************
> Hope it helps!
> Anne Troy
> www.OfficeArticles.com
> ****************************
> "quilting2" <quilting2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i am  new to excell and i have a document that i got from work that has
> > multiple worksheets, that drop down in the "name box" it says i get them
> > but
> > i cannot get back to my original document.. sorry dont know how else to
> > describe this. thanks T

0
quilting2 (2)
4/11/2007 3:00:05 PM
Cool. And I just noticed your moniker "quilting2"! I do that stuff, too. :)
****************************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************
> Thank you the windows option worked to add the worksheets to the
> bottom of my screen so that i could see them.
>
> "Anne Troy" wrote:
>
>> "that dropdown in the 'name box' it says"....
>> What is IT? The dropdown? The name box?
>> "it says I get them"...
>> What is THEM?
>> "back to my original document"...
>> Can you see your sheet tabs?
>> I can only envision that you have a workbook with sheet tabs hidden ( to
>> fix, go to Tools-->Options-->View and make sure sheet tabs is checked) or
>> that you have a workbook that has the sheet tabs "off screen" (to fix, go
>> Window-->Arrange all), and that you're using the name box dropdown to
>> select
>> a named range that's on something besides the sheet that appeared when
>> you
>> opened the file. Also, have you tried:
>> Ctrl+Home to get to the top of the worksheet
>> Ctrl+G and type in Sheet1!A1 to get to the first cell of the first sheet
>> (presumably).
>> ****************************
>> Hope it helps!
>> Anne Troy
>> www.OfficeArticles.com
>> ****************************
>> "quilting2" <quilting2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i am  new to excell and i have a document that i got from work that has
>> > multiple worksheets, that drop down in the "name box" it says i get
>> > them
>> > but
>> > i cannot get back to my original document.. sorry dont know how else to
>> > describe this. thanks T

0
ng1 (1444)

Naming a range
I have a such macro : Private Sub Macro1(arkusz As Worksheet) arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Select Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select Arkusz50.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="A1", RefersToR1C1:=Selection zLastRow = zLastRow + arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Rows.Count Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=ActiveCell End Sub However the above macro doesnt work (this part: ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=&quo...

Debugging brings up empty Macro Dialog box
Hi I am trying to Debug my code and after setting a breakpoint, I push the play button and it brings up an empty macro dialog box - with one option - cancel. Access never used to do this? How can I get it to work like Access 2003? Cheers, GLT. Be sure to place your cursor somewhere in the procedure you are attempting to run. Is it a Sub procedure or Function that you are trying to run? -- Lynn Trapp MCP, MOS, MCAS "GLT" wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to Debug my code and after setting a breakpoint, I push the play > button and it brings up...

Chart Names
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this is an easy one but I just can't figure it out. I have a worksheet with 3 charts on it. I need to write some VBA to select each chart in turn and change its axis settings. So I figured the first thing to do is to name the charts so that I can select them properly in the VBA. But how do I name a chart??? If I select the chart I get "Chart Area" in the name box and I can't edit it. Many thanks for any help, Tony M As answered in .programming -- Hold the Ctrl key and click on the chart to select it. Click in the Name Box, type a new ...

Name Assignment
I need to assign a staff memeber to a group of clients Staff Names Clients Milk Shoe A-F Form Code G-L John DOe M-P The table that contains the client information CREATE TABLE [dbo].[FD__CLIENTS]( [OP__DOCID] [int] NOT NULL, [Fullname] [varchar](68) NULL, [NameF] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameL] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameMI] [varchar](20) NULL CONSTRAINT [PK_FD__CLIENTS] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED There is a staff table but there is nothing that ties it to the clients table. So the staf names will have to be hardcoded. Any ideas? On...

Outlook 2003/SBS2008 Cached Exchange Mode Error
I just finished installing a new SBS2008 server and for all of my clients that use Outlook 2007 there are no issues. As for the clients still using Outlook 2003 I have issues. 1. When cached exchange mode is checked ON there is no email in the folders. When I try and force a send/receive I get a "Task "Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x80040107) : 'Could not open the item. Try again.' 2. When cached exchange mode is checked OFF I do have email but when I try an still force a send/receive I get the same error. What's going on with Outl...

Combo box or list box
I can't figure out why the linked cell only returns a # value of the selected cell in the range. I just wanted it to return the actual text of the selection. I would think this would be the default, but I know nothing. Please help this is really frustrating. -- famdamly ------------------------------------------------------------------------ famdamly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29382 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500004 Hi! Well, that's how they work! You can use a Match or Lookup formula to...

How do I remove the sheet name from a named formula?
I would like to use the same name to refer to the same set of cells on different worksheets: SheetTitle=$A$1 but when I try this it reverts to SheetTitle=Sheet1!$A$1 Any ideas how to do it? I could use =IF(,,,) if I knew how to look up the currently active sheet; =IF(SheetName="Sheet1",TRUE,FALSE) Any ideas how to reference the name of the sheet? Well, you could do something like this: SheetTitle=!$A$1 The exclamation point means that the Name will refer to A1 on the active worksheet. Excel uses the SheetName to tell things apart. If I try to give to different A1'...

Cannot make Outlook 2003 the default email program in IE
I made the Outlook the default email, calendar, and contacts under the tools,options tab in Outlook. It still does not show up as a selection in Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2, options, programs menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated. So have you set the Exp.Options/Prog/Email? Or are you saying it keeps on getting reset to? If so are you or someone also using a second email app? David "slam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:132401c3b8fc$885d6f80$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I made the Outlook the default email, calendar, and > co...

mail very slow to leave exchge 2003
hi i make use of a server on the net to send my mail via the internet (mail hosting). I noticed that people take very long to respond and went into the "problem". I've requested logs from them and saw mails that i have in my sent items as 14:04 only reache them at 15:16. Is there something in exchange that i can set to let the mails go immeadiately or .... somebody said this can be the problem "......The server you are using might be caching or queueing the email for later delivery..." how do i rectify this? thanks Craig, If you are using a standard version of...

check mark in box...how to
when I do a shopping list for example and there is a long list of items how would I check the items I want bought, currently I put a Y (for yes) in the box. I am talking about the type of `check` below ( without the broken line) / \/ thanks Format the check mark range as Marlett fonts and use "a" instead of "Y" -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Juco" <yamxs750REMOVETHIS@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:gXBOb.262$4u2.37@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk... > when I do a shopping list for example and there is a long list of items how > would I...

Auto populate Email when Name is chosen
I have a list of names which i present in a combo box on the userform. I have an email textbox. I want the email to be auto-populated based on the name chosed. May I ask your help with this? Hi Jerry, Only the first procedure is really relevant in this post the others are to show how you may want to call it but, that entirely depends on your needs. Private sub BuildAndSend has 4 required parameters “ToWhom”, “Subject”,”Body”, and “Send”. Pass the appropriate values to the procedure and it will send or display an email to the user to send. HTH. Private Sub BuildAndSend( _ ...

Excel and Word Attachments Time Out in OWA
I am having an odd problem in OWA. Many end users are experiencing time out problems when trying to access Word or Excel attachments in OWA on Exchange 2003. It appears to be only Word or Excel as others work fine. OWA is being accessed on a front-end server. However, all attachments work fine when accessed through the back-end server. Any ideas? ...

Opening new document in Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I just switched from PC to MacBookPro with Microsoft Office 2008. It seems puzzling that when I open Excel to begin a new workbook there seems to be multiple sheets already open. Is there a way to only one sheet open when starting a new document? <br> Thank you. Three sheets is the default number for Mac as well as PC versions of Excel [although I'm not 100% sure about 2007, but I believe it's the same). You can change the default in Excel> Preferences - General. Pick a number from 1-2...

Custom entity with same display name as out of the box?
I tried to create a new entity "new_InvoiceDDI" with a display name of "Invoice" and it won't allow the display name to be the same as a "out of the box" entity. Why is this? Anyone know a way around it? CRM 4.0 Mark Hi Mark, There's no way around it except renaming the existing invoice entity to something else. One obvious reason is the Outlook Client. It uses the display names to show folders, but folders needs to have a unique name. The web client uses the display names as well, so how can a user differentiate between two entities having the...

totals do not display unless user clicks on text box
I am relatively new to access. I am using access 2007 to create a report that contains subtotals. When the report is displayed on the screen the subtotals are blank. When the user clicks on the subtotal text box then the value appears. The user has to click on each subtotal in order to make the value appear. Has anyone experience this problem? Is there a workaround or solution? Thanks Normally a sub-total in a report is achieved by means of an unbound text box in a group footer with a ControlSource property which is an expression summing a set of values from the detail sect...

Populate combobox with folder names
I had found this code to show folder names that displays in a msgbox, is it possible to get the list of folder names into a combobox? --------------------------------------- Sub ListFolders() Dim fs, f, f1, fc, s Dim folderspec folderspec = "C:\Excel\" Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set f = fs.GetFolder(folderspec) Set fc = f.SubFolders For Each f1 In fc s = s & f1.Name s = s & vbCrLf Next MsgBox s End Sub ---------------------------------------- This is for exc...

Instance name must be the same name as the computer name ...
I've seen many posts about this installation issue and ran across it myself during an install on an existing SBS server. When running Select @@servername I received a null answer. I looked in the sysservers table in the master database and found that there was no '0' server listed as I've seen on all other installs of SQL. I took a chance and changed the value to 0, restarted SQL and ran the @@servername and it now came back as the name of the server as expected and I was able to install CRM with no problems. Long term I don't know if this will cause issues with ...

how do i remove the blue box from linked objects in Publisher
I've tried to link objects from excel into publisher and it always puts in a blue box around them, I obviously don't want a blue box around my reports. please help. ...

Change the name of an employee class
Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Patti, Where did you want to change them (cards, trx, history, etc). There are several tables involved. Would it be possible to make new classes starting with the class you want to duplicate as a default. Please let us know what you are trying to accomplish by changing classes. Kind regards, Leslie "Patti Anderson" wrote: > Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Our naming convention has changed, and requires changing the names of all employee classes...

excel
I am trying to figure our how to create a drop box with multiple values - i.e. january, february, march... Something like a box that says "choose month" in the box and when you hit the arrow it allows you to scroll through the monthly options and choose one. I am currently using Excel 2000. I WOULD BE VERY GREATFUL if someone could offer me a prompt response. Thank you Data / Validation / Change 'Any Value' to list and then select the list containing the values you wish to choose from, or instead of selecting a list, type Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,May etc (including commas) in...

Named Reference
Hi, Can someone tell me what the pros and cons are (if any) of these 2 ways of naming a range. ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add NAME:="HOME", RefersTo:=ActiveCell Range("HOME").Select or Dim HOME As Range Set HOME = ActiveCell HOME.Select Thanks, DaveU It seems to me that the first method creates a named range that is essentially meaningless to the user and is only used for VBA processing. Additionally, if you don't write code to delete the named range it will just sit there in the workbook waiting for somebody to ask what it means. The second alternative is a clea...

"Name Conflict" when Excel 2007 open an old worksheet
Hi all, An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change the worksheet file name could not solve the problem after tested. Why? Thank you, Chik "Chik" <c...@netvigator.com> wrote... >An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as >a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also >could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change th...

How to Break a link to a source in Excel 2000?
Trying to break links in a excel file. but does not appear in the links dialog box. Is there any other option of breaking links in excel 2000 Hi goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany G wrote: > Trying to break links in a excel file. but does not appear in the > links dialog box. Is there any other option of breaking links in > excel 2000 ...

I am interested in knowing some of your favorite Excel Add-ins
Hello - I have been too cheap to buy any excel add-ins or plug-ins, and then recently I downloaded one (i.e., the PUP v6 toolbar), and realized that it was worth much more than the $40 price tag. I would be interested to hear some of your favorite add-ins (either free or purchased) and why you find them to be valuable. It would also be helpful to have the link to where they can be found. Thanks! - M If you regularly write really complex formulas this add-in has some very useful functions: Morefunc - free download: http://xcell05.free.fr/english/ If you find yourself searching the inter...

tristate check box
I have a tristate check box.The default behavour of tristate check box in windows is that, the grayed check box will become unchecked after click on grayed check box. But i want , the grayed check box will become checked after click on grayed check box in VC++ .Pls help me its urgent. ...