Multiplication of multiple cells

I am trying to put my school dinner register on excel.

I need to be able to work out how much money is due by adding the number of
meals ordered (involving more than one cell) and then multiplying that number
by the cost of the meal e.g. £1.60

How can I do this?

how about

=sum(a1...a17)*1.60

where a1 through a17 represents the number of dinners and 1.60 is the price
you are mentioning...

"Littlecharmer" <Littlecharmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to put my school dinner register on excel.
>
> I need to be able to work out how much money is due by adding the number
> of
> meals ordered (involving more than one cell) and then multiplying that
> number
> by the cost of the meal e.g. �1.60
>
> How can I do this?

0
crosem (24)
11/3/2004 12:47:22 AM
Thanks very much!  I just worked this function in and it works!

"crosem@earthlink.net" wrote:

> how about
>
> =sum(a1...a17)*1.60
>
> where a1 through a17 represents the number of dinners and 1.60 is the price
> you are mentioning...
>
> "Littlecharmer" <Littlecharmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to put my school dinner register on excel.
> >
> > I need to be able to work out how much money is due by adding the number
> > of
> > meals ordered (involving more than one cell) and then multiplying that
> > number
> > by the cost of the meal e.g. £1.60
> >
> > How can I do this?

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Create a list with multiple criteria

Charting multiple multiples

distributing data into multiple cells

Single click selects multiple cells

Sending to multiple addresses

INDEX-MATCH with cell text driven names
Hi, I've read through a few posts that are close to what I'm trying to do but i can't get it to work. I'm constructing a fantasy F1 spreadsheet while i'm bored off work sick. Sheetnames in workbook DriverSummary, AUS, MAL, CHN, BHR,.....for each round/country of the season. Each sheet race sheet has a column for car number in called AUSarray, MALarray etc. AUSREF is cell A1 on the race sheets My current formula in the diver summary works well and is shown below. I have N() to return 0 when a race hasn't happened yet so that my sum() works. =N(OFFSET(AUSREF;MATCH($A4;AUS...

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

multiple selection

Referencing the name of a worksheet in a cell
hello excel gurus... I would like to have a string of text that incorporates the name of on the worksheet tab. I have a series of worksheet that are all very similar, it is just one word in the title that changes and that is what I will be naming the worksheet. Is there a way that I can have that cell reference the tab name, so that I only have to name it once and not twice. Thanks! -Bob Bob, Not sure if you want to get the cell from the tab name, or set the tab name from the cell value. So, if the former =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename&qu...

How do I highlight text in a cell?
Is there a way to highlight specific text within a cell without having to fill color the entire cell. I know Word has a highlighter tool, but I cannot find one in Excel. Thanks for any information! Hi - select the cell - hit F2 and in the formula bar select only the characters you want to change (e.g. different font color) - now goto 'Format - cells' and change the appearance -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany PeppiS wrote: > Is there a way to highlight specific text within a cell without > having to fill color the entire cell. I know Word has a highlighter > to...

Average Cells above 0
Hi Everone! I'm trying to average a group of cells, but only the cells over 0. I tried this - =average(if(i2515:i5043)>0,i2515:i5043)). I also entered it as an array but it still didn't work. Please help! -- Thanks! Stephen Try... =AVERAGE(IF(I2515:I5043>0,I2515:I5043)) Hope this helps! In article <03A38E40-9F48-4881-8634-4CB95FC514FA@microsoft.com>, "Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi Everone! I'm trying to average a group of cells, but only the cells over 0. > I tried this - =average(if(i2515:i5043)>0,i2515:i504...

Multiple domains #6

Combine multiple tables into one

APPEND TO A CELL
How do I append to a number in A LARGE FILE column A only. EXAMPLE 1050 need 501050 In Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "RUSSELL" <RUSSELL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DD30D7-7D95-4413-9050-4D164120EC0D@microsoft.com... > How do I append to a number in A LARGE FILE column A only. EXAMPLE 1050 > need > 501050 ...

Finding Data in multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example: any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets? If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)). Then Edit|Find But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new worksheet. "mark@southwestconst.com&quo...

show multiple values that add to total in bar graph
Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I want a sigle bar that goes to 703 but breaks the single bar down into these segments (preferrably by color showing the smaller segment amounts within the color. HELP!!!! Thanks! Hi, Is that not what the stacked column chart does? Cheers Andy Green Goose 89 wrote: > Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that > add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I > want...

Text in cell not showing in full
I had to type in a very long description with paragraphs (by pressing alt return) in one cell in excel. I formatted the cell to "wrap text" and to align to the top of the cell. I have now lost the last part of the text and this will only appear if I extend the column width. what am I doing wrong and how can I rectify it? Hi how many characters do you have in this cell. If you have more than 1000 this could happen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany text in cell in exces wrote: > I had to type in a very long description with paragraphs (by pressing > alt return) i...

IIF / OR
I want the OnPrint of a report to check three fields and run code if any ONE of the conditions is met: Iif ([MyTextOne]=1 OR [MyTextTwo]=2 OR [MyTextThree]=3) Then RunSomeCode Else RunOtherCode I thought of using Select Case and calling procedures as each condition is met: Select Case Me![MyTextOne] Case is = 1 Call Check2 Case else Stop End Select Check2 () Select Case Me![MyTextTwo] Case is = 2 Call Check3 Case else Stop End select Check3 () and so on......... It will work, but gets a bit too long as the test conditions increase. It gets just as long with nested select case or nest...

Localization with multiple string tables
The application has two string tables one for English and the other for Japanese. The IDs and Values are the same but only the captions are different. It seems that CString::LoadString does not load from the correct string table when i choose japanese from my regional settings on the control panel instead it loads english all the time. Is there any settings or configuration that i missed? Need ur help gurus >The application has two string tables one for English and the other >for Japanese. The IDs and Values are the same but only the captions >are different. It seems that CString::L...