Multiple Worksheet - info transfer.

I'm not sure how to explain this, but here we go.

I have a workbook w/ multiple worksheets.  The first worksheet is
titled ALL.  This includes all information from other worksheets.  How
can I have certain information transfer to other worksheets by
recognizing initials?

Basically if the "All" worksheet has has an S listed it - can I
transfer to worksheet titled Scott w/o the beating of copy and paste?

Thanks in advance.

--
bonzai18
bonzai18's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32448

Here's one play which automates it using non-array formulas ..

A sample construct is available at:
http://www.savefile.com/files/6028021
AutoCopyData_ByInitialsCol_To_RespNameSheet_NonArray.xls

In sheet: All (the "master")

Assume data in cols A to E, data in row2 down,
with the key col = col D ("Initials"),
where: S, M, K, P, etc would be listed

List the initials across in K1:N1 (S, M, P, K)

Put in K2: =IF($D2=K$1,ROW(),"")
Copy across to N2, fill down to say, N20
to cover the max expected extent of data

Click Insert > Name > Define
Put under "Names in workbook:":   WSN
Put in the "Refers to:" box:
=MID(CELL("Filename",INDIRECT("A1")),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",INDIRECT("A1")
 ))+1,32)
Click OK

(The above defines WSN as a name we can use to refer to the sheetname in
formulas. It will auto-extract the sheetname implicitly. Technique came from
a post by Harlan.)

In a new sheet named: Scott
With the same col headers pasted into A1:E1

Put in A2:
=IF(ISERROR(SMALL(OFFSET(All!$J:$J,,MATCH(LEFT(WSN,1),All!$K$1:$N$1,0)),ROWS
($A$1:A1))),"",INDEX(All!A:A,MATCH(SMALL(OFFSET(All!$J:$J,,MATCH(LEFT(WSN,1)
,All!$K$1:$N$1,0)),ROWS($A$1:A1)),OFFSET(All!$J:$J,,MATCH(LEFT(WSN,1),All!$K
$1:$N$1,0)),0)))

Copy A2 across to E2, fill down to say, E10
(copy down by the smallest possible range sufficient
to cover the max expected extent for any initial.
Here, I've assumed that 9 rows (rows 2 to 10) is sufficient)

Cols A to E will return only the lines for the initial: S from "All",
with all lines neatly bunched at the top

Now, just make a copy of the sheet: Scott, rename it as: Mark
and we'd get the results for initial: M

Repeat the copy > rename sheet process
to get the rest of the initials sheets (a one-time job)

Adapt to suit ..
--
Max
Singapore

> I'm not sure how to explain this, but here we go.
>
> I have a workbook w/ multiple worksheets.  The first worksheet is
> titled ALL.  This includes all information from other worksheets.  How
> can I have certain information transfer to other worksheets by
> recognizing initials?
>
> Basically if the "All" worksheet has has an S listed it - can I
> transfer to worksheet titled Scott w/o the beating of copy and paste?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> --
> bonzai18
> bonzai18's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32448
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=522231

0
demechanik (4694)

Create a list with multiple criteria

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Charting multiple multiples

don't show the page breaks on the worksheet
After you do a print preview of a worksheet the dotted lines will show your page breaks on the worksheet. Is there any way to NOT see the dotted lines after doing a print preview? You can turn off all page breaks under tools>options>view and uncheck page breaks or use a macro with this line ActiveSheet.DisplayPageBreaks = False so you could make 2 macros, one that turns them off and and one that turns them on. Don't know if it is worth all that work for being a little annoyed Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Classic" wrote: > After you do a print preview of a worksheet...

Transferring Excel Spreadsheet into Access
I work in a Real Estate Brokerage Firm. We need to transfer our current excel based spreadsheet into Access. Our goal is to utilize Access for superior Database Management while maintaining Excel's calculator functions. Is that feasible and if so, how? Also can this be done in an HTML environment? Thanks. Nancy From my perspective, Excel provides strong "calculator" functions, as you describe it, while Access, as a relational database, offers strong database functionality. These represent two different tools. What about "Database Management" (whatever you mean by...

Access to view worksheets with different passwords
I know how to password protect a workbook at the workbook level for viewing and editing. I would like to be able to set up the workbook so that it always defaults to the same tab, and once inside, users can only view the other tabs in the workbook if they have a separate password unique to that tab. Example: The workbook has tabs: "Group Sales Results", "Mark's Sales Results", and "Sandy's Sales Results", where group results are a roll-up of Mark and Sandy's results. How can I structure the workbook so that Mark and Sandy use a common password t...

distributing data into multiple cells

Single click selects multiple cells

renaming worksheet tabs #2
How can I rename the worksheet tabs at one time. EXAMPLE: I created a months work of worksheets for the month of JANUARY. Now I need to change them to FEBRUARY. Jan-1,Jan-2,Jan3 to Feb-1,Feb2,Feb3 without ahve to go to each tab. Can it be done? try this Sub changewsname() newmonth = InputBox("Enter 3 letter code for month desired") For Each ws In Worksheets If Left(ws.Name, 5) <> "Sheet" _ And IsNumeric(Right(ws.Name, 1)) Then ws.Name = Application.Proper _ (newmonth & Right(ws.Name, Len(ws.Name) - 3)) End If Next ws End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesA...

Sending to multiple addresses

Referencing the name of a worksheet in a cell
hello excel gurus... I would like to have a string of text that incorporates the name of on the worksheet tab. I have a series of worksheet that are all very similar, it is just one word in the title that changes and that is what I will be naming the worksheet. Is there a way that I can have that cell reference the tab name, so that I only have to name it once and not twice. Thanks! -Bob Bob, Not sure if you want to get the cell from the tab name, or set the tab name from the cell value. So, if the former =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename&qu...

multiple selection

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

Combine multiple tables into one

Multiple domains #6

automatic data transfer
I have a workbook with a number of sheets in it. The first sheet is the main "data" sheet. It holds data in about 15 columns. The first column is a specific ID. The data varie but the number of possible ID's is only about 23. In addition to the main "data" sheet there are subsequent Sheets titled by each individual ID. What I would like to happen is for every time I enter data in the main "data" sheet to automatically be transferred to the subsequent sheets depending on the specific Id. ...

Worksheet Event Change Macro
Hi I have A macro, shown below,which works well.I now need to add som additional features. ORIGINAL MACRO:- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If InStr(1, Range("T1").Value, "/") > 0 Then Range("Z10:AE13,Z21:AD25,AF31:AF39,AK4:AK43,AN4:AN43,AE6,AE17,AF7,AF9,AF11").NumberForma = "0.0000" Else Range("Z10:AE13,Z21:AD25,AF31:AF39,AK4:AK43,AN4:AN43,AE6,AE17,AF7,AF9,AF11").NumberForma = "0.000" End If End Sub As you will see the macro is based upon the appearance of a slash o not in cell T1. I have date formula...

Finding Data in multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example: any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets? If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)). Then Edit|Find But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new worksheet. "mark@southwestconst.com&quo...

show multiple values that add to total in bar graph
Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I want a sigle bar that goes to 703 but breaks the single bar down into these segments (preferrably by color showing the smaller segment amounts within the color. HELP!!!! Thanks! Hi, Is that not what the stacked column chart does? Cheers Andy Green Goose 89 wrote: > Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that > add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I > want...

How do I modify an existing worksheet to remove columns & contents
I am working with a very large spreadsheet and want to modify it using only certain columns and data in order to keep from re-doing the entire worksheet. ANybody out there in cyberspace got suggestions or good reference sources I can use? Gil There are just too many scenarios to ponder without getting some more details on what you wish to do. Please be a little more specific in your description. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 18:15:06 -0800, "Gil Gray" <Gil Gray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am working with a very large spreadsheet and want to m...