MS Excel help needed for newbie

Hi group.

I'm by no means a programmer. I'm trying to knock together a (what
should be) simple spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel for a calculation I
have to do on a regular basis. I'm hoping that some kind people within
this group will be able to help me with some formulas and questions.

If anyone is able to help me could you please contact me at
fflatthefatcat@hotmail.co.uk

TIA

Dean.

On Oct 5, 7:57=A0am, Dean Brown <bramfiel...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi group.
>
> I'm by no means a programmer. I'm trying to knock together a (what
> should be) simple spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel for a calculation I
> have to do on a regular basis. I'm hoping that some kind people within
> this group will be able to help me with some formulas and questions.
>
> If anyone is able to help me could you please contact me at
> fflatthefat...@hotmail.co.uk
>
> TIA
>
> Dean.

Dean can tyou please give us a more specific question?

Which calculation do you wish to make?

0
info9487 (39)

How can I write vertically in some columns on an Excel spreadshee.
I am a teacher and take attendance on Excel spreadsheets. I want to vertically write 'Christmas Holiday" or other wording in some columns. I would imagine there is a way, perhaps using PowerPointm but I do not know it. Also I have not been able to find it in 'help'. Any help out there? Select the cell that contains the text Choose Format>Cells Select the Alignment tab In the Orientation section, click on the Vertical text, or drag the red diamond to rotate the text Click OK Teacher using spreadsheets wrote: > I am a teacher and take attendance on Excel spread...

MS Outlook 2007

excel #41
Can you put a list into alphabetical order using excel Select the list - Data=>sort -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy sean <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5907F16-F453-4458-94E5-FBA82BFDDB46@microsoft.com... > Can you put a list into alphabetical order using excel Yes you can. You need to highlight the entire worksheet and then index by the selected field that you want in alphabetical order ----- sean wrote: ---- Can you put a list into alphabetical order using excel ...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

MFC memory leak, + return code help
Hi, I don`t use MFC often so maybe I`m asking a dumb question. I started noticing VC++6 reporting a memory leak when I ran the program in debug mode. Detected memory leaks! Dumping objects -> {27} normal block at 0x009A04C0, 33 bytes long. Data: < C > 00 43 00 CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD CD {26} normal block at 0x009A0510, 40 bytes long. Data: < |L > 14 7C 4C 10 16 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Object dump complete. Strange thing is I`m getting the same error in many of my MFC programs. So I tried removing parts of my code bit by bi...

Military Time in Excel
I would like to create a timetable in Excel with the format in the 24 hour clock without the colon, which I believe is known as military time. I am leaving the colon out for a number of reasons, aesthetic and to speed up entry. I wish to enter the time, for example, 8:30 am as 0800 and have Excel interpret it as a time, as these will be graphed, so need to be interpreted as time, and not plainly a number. At the moment Excel simply shows "800" when I type 0800. I have tried formatting all the cells as Custom "hhmm" instead of "hh:mm", but when ...

Visio Newbie
Hello all, this is my first time using Visio for drawing a floor plan and I have a quick question. Yesterday, (Using a tape measure) I mapped out the floor plan of an office my company might be moving into. I wrote everything down in Inches. Is there a way once I get a room shape kinda close to teh measurements, that I can manually type in teh length for each wall? if not in inches, at least in feet. For example, I have one wall that is 154 inches ( 12.83 ft) Then the next wall is 242 incehs( 20.1 ft) The opposite wall of the first measurement is 288 inches, third wall 100 inches, then 13...

MS Exange connection

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

MS CRM Certification question

How do i access microsoft excel on windows xp? #2
I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? Yes; or as part of Microsoft Office. "ayanda" wrote: > I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the > microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. > Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? ...

excel add-ons

Worker's Comp Report Doesn't need a page header between wc codes
V9 has added a page header between Worker's Comp Codes. We have 3 page headers on page 4 for example...another increase in report length. I just noticed the Days Worked column is the one that always has zero's. I wrote in a previous "suggestion" that it was Hours Worked. We could lose the Days Worked columnand have room on one line again for a person instead of ID and name on one line and data on the line below it. This make it very difficult to work with. Thank you very much. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the ...

How do I compare two lists of names in excel?
I am comparing 2 lists of attendances to conferences, so there are large numbers to go through, and 1 list will have more attendees than the other. Is there any formula I can use in excel to highlight names that appear only in the larger of the 2 lists? Chip Pearson has information on finding and tagging duplicate entries in a list. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Jack the Cate wrote: > I am comparing 2 lists of attendances to conferences, so there are large > numbers to go through, and 1 list will have more attendees than the other. > Is there any formul...

auto file path update when excel sheet moved to another directory.
Hello, I've been working on a huge excel file for a while and I'm trying to make it easier to use. My problem is that when it is moved from the template folder to a working folder the formulas referencing a file in the template folder have their path changed in the formula and have to have the links updated. Since the file is protected it's impossible for the users to chance the source. It's wierd because it will still pull information, but if information is changed in the external data file the updated doesn't get ported over. I need some like the $ command to ...

MS Money 2005 Basics

Please help with Excel VB question
Hi, I'm trying to set a Name range in Excel through VB, by setting the name property when a specific cell in a worksheet is changed. The code is as follows: fred1 = CStr("=PL!$A$4:$E$" Worksheets("Control").Range("maxnumpass").Value) ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="numpasslist", RefersTo:=fred1 My problem is that the change is only active for the worksheet where I change the cell. Is it possible to ensure that this change takes effect across all worksheets in the workbook? Any and all help appreciated either in a reply to this post or on jgal...

request help on enumeration/numbering algorithm
I have a bunch of dots that I draw on a form and connect them with lines. I have 3 basic groups of dots within a larger group (of which I have hundreds of the larger groups - meaning I will have nearly 1000 of the individual dot groups). I need to color code these dots with 3 separate colors. So starting with a counter at 1 -- the 1 dots group will be blue (for example) and 2 dots group will be yellow, the 3 dots group will be purple -- this is for the first big group. In the 2nd big group we have the 4 dots group (blue), the 5 dots group (yellow), the 6 dots group (purple). Then ...

MS Access

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

My Excel file won't close on my Mac

Emails unreadable in Pub Help
I get a message by email once monthly from my garden club, with graphics, thses are sent in Pub form. I do not have the programme with which to get these message Will I find publisher in XP, is it part of the set-up, or can I get my answers with any other programme, or even get a free code breaker from Publisher to help with this problem. I am trying to cut costs in my small, non profit making garden club, whilst making flyers for potential new members. My computer has XP home Help Please and Thank-you Publisher is a part of Office, not Windows. It's not free nor can you read/cr...