Moving worksheets to new workbook

I have a workbook with multiple worksheets.  Each worksheet tracks activity
for a specific item during a period of time.  Upon completion of recording
the activity during the tracking period, I need to move the worksheet, for
that specific item, from that workbook, to a different workbook for completed
records.

I need help in how this can be done.

Wally

0
Wally (164)

wally

With both workbooks open, from the workbook you want to move the one sheet.
Right click on the sheet tab you want to move, from this menu select "Move or
Copy". Under the "To Book" drop down select your <Destination> workbook.  I
would also select "Create a copy" and click "Ok".  If all was as I wanted it
I would then go back and delete the one from the original work book that I no
longer needed.

Mike Rogers

"wally" wrote:

> I have a workbook with multiple worksheets.  Each worksheet tracks activity
> for a specific item during a period of time.  Upon completion of recording
> the activity during the tracking period, I need to move the worksheet, for
> that specific item, from that workbook, to a different workbook for completed
> records.
>
> I need help in how this can be done.
>
> Wally

Thanks.  I think that will do it.

Wally

"Mike Rogers" wrote:

> wally
>
> With both workbooks open, from the workbook you want to move the one sheet.
> Right click on the sheet tab you want to move, from this menu select "Move or
> Copy". Under the "To Book" drop down select your <Destination> workbook.  I
> would also select "Create a copy" and click "Ok".  If all was as I wanted it
> I would then go back and delete the one from the original work book that I no
> longer needed.
>
> Mike Rogers
>
> "wally" wrote:
>
> > I have a workbook with multiple worksheets.  Each worksheet tracks activity
> > for a specific item during a period of time.  Upon completion of recording
> > the activity during the tracking period, I need to move the worksheet, for
> > that specific item, from that workbook, to a different workbook for completed
> > records.
> >
> > I need help in how this can be done.
> >
> > Wally

0
Wally (164)
2/25/2008 4:22:15 AM
wally

Glad to help!!  Thanks for the feed back.

Mike Rogers

"wally" wrote:

> Thanks.  I think that will do it.
>
> Wally
>
> "Mike Rogers" wrote:
>
> > wally
> >
> > With both workbooks open, from the workbook you want to move the one sheet.
> > Right click on the sheet tab you want to move, from this menu select "Move or
> > Copy". Under the "To Book" drop down select your <Destination> workbook.  I
> > would also select "Create a copy" and click "Ok".  If all was as I wanted it
> > I would then go back and delete the one from the original work book that I no
> > longer needed.
> >
> > Mike Rogers
> >
> > "wally" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a workbook with multiple worksheets.  Each worksheet tracks activity
> > > for a specific item during a period of time.  Upon completion of recording
> > > the activity during the tracking period, I need to move the worksheet, for
> > > that specific item, from that workbook, to a different workbook for completed
> > > records.
> > >
> > > I need help in how this can be done.
> > >
> > > Wally

Moving license to a new computer

copy cells from one worksheet to another
How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or copy the font color (and strike through) of a cell on a seperate worksheet? - 'worksheet 2'? thanks. Copy and paste special|values followed by Paste special|formats If you were using a formula, then that formula can only return the value--it can't change the format. Depending on how that other cell changed, you could have an event macro do the work for you. Garrett wrote: > > How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or > copy ...

Allow comments to be added to protected worksheet?
I have created a worsksheet with selected areas locked and then protected it. My users want to be able to add comments where necessary but are not able to. I cant seem to find anything in the help menu - any ideas? When protecting the sheet "allow users to:" Select unlocked cells and Edit Objects. Note: with edit objects checked, users can insert comments in locked cells if they are allowed to select those. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 15:00:02 -0800, sue@solotel <suesolotel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a worsksheet with sel...

reference a cell AND its format in a new cell
Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want A2 to show not only the 5 but I also want it to preserve and show the same formatting that was applied to A1. Thanks in advance for the help. Formulas don't do this kind of thing. You could copy|Paste???? TiChNi wrote: > > Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any > formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in > red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want ...

Linking dats on a worksheet to control panel
I am in the process of creating a gantt chart in Excel 2007 for various projects my company performing. I have created formulas so that the current date used to calculate the number of days remaining and the number of days past. I was wondering if there was anyway to link the current date to the control panel so it automatically updates everyday? This way I do not have to manually do it. Thanks to everyone that helps ...

Hyperlink a Visio shape to a worksheet
I have a Visio diagram that represents the computers in ou computer/server room. I want to create hyperlinks from each of th shapes that represents a server (for example) to a correspondin worksheet in a workbook. I can get the hyperlink to open the workbook, but I can't figure ou how to drill down to the specific worksheet for a particular server. Thanks in advance, Jef -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com not tested but try adding the sheet name with workbookpath+name#sheet1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have a Visio diagram that represents the ...

Safe to Move?

Creating a new worksheet from a template
I would like to press a button on one worksheet and create a ne worksheet that conforms to a template. However: 1) this is for a series of people who do not work centrally and who ar not technical i.e. the solution needs to be self-contained within m workbook and not involve the creation of xlst templates that have t sit in a certain place on the hard drive. 2) These worksheets will have a series of fields that relate t 'activities'. The user can chose to spawn worksheets for one or mor activities. I would like a summary sheet to add all the activit information from as many activit...

Moving Exchange 2000

Exchange 5.5 clients cannot see the new user fr Outlook Global Add
Hi to All, Please we need help! We have 4 branches with different domain. 2 branch is using Exchange 5.5 and 2 others are using Exchange 2000. Our Problem is when we configured one account in Exchange 2000 it can't be seen in 2 Exchange 5.5 Global Address. This mail is use for internal use only and it is not connected to internet. Thanks in Advanced! Emslan Did you configure Active Directory Connector to synchronize between your AD and Exchange 5.5 directory? Exchange 2000 uses AD for its directory store but Exchange 5.5 uses its own directory. "emslan" <emslan@d...

Go to section of all worksheets
I have set the following macro to unhide column Y in all sheets. Dim sh As Worksheet For Each sh In Sheets(Array("sheet1", "sheet2", "sheet3")) sh.Columns("X:Z").EntireColumn.Hidden = False Range("H7").Select Next However, how do I also get it to select sell H7 and also scroll to the top left of the workbook in all sheets? One way: Dim sh As Worksheet Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each sh In Sheets(Array("sheet1", "sheet2", "sheet3")) With ...

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

list workbook names except one
Hi all, below macro list all the workbook names in column "A" which exists in a folder. What code line i should add in below macro that if there is any worbook exists with the name "Closed.xls" in the folder then it should not be listed with the other workbooks names. Please can any friend can help Sub Chk() fldrnm = Sheets("INFO").TextBox3.Value fName = Dir(fldrnm & "*.xlsm") Do While fName <> "" c = c + 1 Cells(c, 1) = fName fName = Dir() Loop End Sub Replace this line of code... Cells(c, 1) = fName with thi...

Setting up a new user
I'm experimenting with Exchange server 2003 in a lab environment. I've got one user set up and able to access his mailbox. I then created a second user on the server. When I try to connect to his mailbox from a client PC, Outlook tells me: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file". What the heck does that mean? How do I do what it is asking? The client PC is running XP Pro, and I did restart it and log on to the...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Import Excel Data from another workbook or file
Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different workbooks? E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files into one. tamato43 wrote: || Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different || workbooks? || || E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" || 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. || || What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files || in...

Comparing two values in different worksheets and extracting value
Hello, I have the following problem with which I need some help: I have two different worksheets with article numbers and quantity data. One of these includes the whole set of articles, while the other holds only a selection of articles. I need to compare the article numbers and extract a value from another column in the first worksheet when these article numbers match. E.g.: worksheet 1 article number quantity 12345 12 98765 worksheet 2 article number 12345 I want to extract the quantity number from worksheet 1 into worksheet 2, only for the matchin...

Protecting worksheet
Hi I have protected a worksheet but when I scroll up too far up to the top or too far left instead of stopping there it takes me of to a different part of the spreadsheet. Does anyone know how to stop this? Dawn Look at freezing the pane to keep certain rows and/or columns from scrolling off of the screen. Excel 2003 and earlier: Window --> Freeze Panes Excel 2007: [View] tab, "Window Group", Freeze Panes pulldown. "Patricia" wrote: > Hi > > I have protected a worksheet but when I scroll up too far up to the top or > too far ...

Creating Purchase order worksheets in HQ through rules
I would like put some code in a web service in order to create a purchase order work sheet. Could I access to work sheets logic using qsrules to construct a worksheet? I looking for a method like QSRULES.CreatePOWorkSheet Thank you Oscar ...