move rows from column to column

I have Column b with Name in one row and number in 2nd row want to move all
numbers to Column a and leave name in Column b without having to move each
one seperate. 1500 records.
0
rgawlik (1)

Use a help column, in the first adjacent cell type

=ISNUMBER(A2)

where A2 is the first cell with name
copy down 1500 rows by either dragging the formula or
double click the lower right corner of the help cell (as long as it is in an
adjacent column)
Then apply data>filter>autofilter and filter on FALSE in the help columns,
select all visible cells and copy and paste somewhere else, then select TRUE
from the
dropdown and select all numbers and copy and paste next to the names you
previously copied

You can also apply autofilter without a help column, use custom and select
less than zzzzzzzzz
that will give you the names and then select is less than and type a number
greater than the greatest number in your list like 9999999999999, that will
give you all the numbers

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"rgawlik" <rgawlik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Column b with Name in one row and number in 2nd row want to move all
> numbers to Column a and leave name in Column b without having to move each
> one seperate. 1500 records.

0
terre081 (3244)
10/24/2007 4:47:44 PM
Lets say we have in column B:

Mike
1
John
23
David
15
Nigel
17
Trevor
19
George
31

and we want in columns A&B:

1	Mike
23	John
15	David
17	Nigel
19	Trevor
31	George

Then just run:

Sub movem()
n = Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp).Row
k = 1
For i = 2 To n Step 2
    Cells(k, 1).Value = Cells(i, 2).Value
    k = k + 1
Next

For i = n To 2 Step -2
    Cells(i, 2).Delete Shift:=xlUp
Next
End Sub

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200751

"rgawlik" wrote:

> I have Column b with Name in one row and number in 2nd row want to move all
> numbers to Column a and leave name in Column b without having to move each
> one seperate. 1500 records.
0
GarysStudent (1572)

Add a column to sort email by domain name
Is there a way to add a column to sort email by domain name in Outlook 2003? I know that I can use the Search folders to kinda do this, but I would have to create a folder for every domain. Ideally, I would just have a column labeled "domain name" that would let me click on it and all email would then be sorted. Any suggestions? ...

Deleting Duplicate Rows 06-07-10
Hi, I checked out the archives for close to an hour, but I couldn't figure out how to change the codes given there to suit my needs. I have a large set of data, from about A1 to X441. In column X, there are a lot of exact duplicates, and I need to delete the rows where those duplicates are (but still leaving the first instance of the duplicate). For example: John Smith Oxford St. John Johnson Oxford St. John Johnson Rubble St. John Smith Oxford St. All of those have things in common, but I only want to delete the final row (and the whole row, not just the cell), becaus...

Moving license to a new computer

Hiding A Column So It Does Not Receive Pastes?
Got a spreadsheet that people are using to enter rates of return for bond funds. Column 1 is the name of the fund. Columns 2 through, say, 250 are returns for a given date (i.e. the column headers are dates). Users of the sheet are entering data partially by pasting blocks of numbers from other sources which do not include Saturdays and Sundays. The sheet in question, however, has columns for *all* dates in a range - including weekends - and I'd like to keep it that way. First thing that occurred to me was to hide the weekend columns, but when I tried a block paste, some of the numbe...

Safe to Move?

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

How can I stack 3-D columns
I have a 3-Dimentional bar chart (x, y, and z axis). I need to stack the columns. How can I do this? Excel's charts with 3D effects are not particularly flexible. What you might try is a stacked clustered 2D column chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ jiggiddi wrote: > I have a 3-Dimentional bar chart (x, y, and z axis). I need to stack the > columns. How can I do this? ...

Moving Folder error

sorting of a column/sheet
I exported from Outlook 2000 to an excel format, my contact list of customers. With Outlook you can have your contacts in more than one category such as Business and Contractors. When exporting from Outlook, it doesn't seperate the two categories. Once in excel, is there an easy way to seperate the two categories that ended up in one column? The whole sheet has a column for name Title,address, category, email address, etc. Hi John you might like to look at the data / text to columns option for separating the data ... please post back if you need more help (with a sample of th...

Deleting rows in a macro in Excel
I have to delete a series of rows within several spreadsheets. I am trying to write code for a macro that will search for wordage within a cell (Edit -> Search), and once the search engine finds that cell, I will delete all rows directly above that cell (not including the first two rows). The issue I am having is that the wordage that is the result of the search is not always in the same row; i.e. sometimes it is in row 43, sometimes 44, etc. Is there a way within a macro to declare that I want all rows deleted above a specified row, not including the first two rows? This is the c...

Moving between worksheets

Moving Cache
I have started a new computer with Vista Ultimate. I have outlook 2003 up and running and have copied my PST file from my old Windows XP Pro computer. I did have a lot of cached addresses which were not in my contacts. I copied the .NK2 files from the XP to the Vista computer, replacing the currect *.NK2 files in the roaming folder. The address do not appear when I try to address a new email. Am I missing something? Regards. Bob Is your profile name the same on the Vista Machine? Where did you put = the file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ...

Deleting Hidden Rows
I have a worksheet that was emailed to me. Unfortunately, the originator of the worksheet hid rows instead of deleting them. I need to get rid of the hidden rows. How do i go about doing that. "Raquel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83746118-C926-4313-83EE-29EF31A7B9EA@microsoft.com... > I have a worksheet that was emailed to me. Unfortunately, the originator of the worksheet hid rows instead of deleting them. I need to get rid of the hidden rows. How do i go about doing that. No need to repost so quickly. See recent answer. ...

MRP V10 Move In and Move Out
Service Pack 1, has anyone seen any issues with the Move in and Move out not working for 'make' items when MRP regenerates? I seem to be able to create a situation, where if I change the MO Due date or change the Sales Order In House Date, (change one OR the other so they dont align with each other) MRP will suggest a new MO instead of moving the existing. MRP is suggesting MO's with no demand. For example: MO Due Date 07/1/2008 Sales Order In House Date 07/03/2008 If I change the Sales Order In House date to 06/27/2008 (and leave the MO alone) MRP will suggest a ne...

Copy and paste last row
Hello to all. �how can I copy the last row (with data, obviously) in sheet1 in a workbook named "first" in the first blank row of the sheet1 in another workbook named "second"? I try with this code but I am a beginner and my excel is an spanish version. Doesn�t works: Sub CopyIt() Dim rngCopy As Range, rngDest As Range, wsName As String With Worksheets("Sheet1") Set rngCopy = .Range("A" & .Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row) 'the last row with data (by reference to column A) wsName = .Range...