monetary values

Why do monetary values show up as the pound sign's?
0
O (29)

pound signs as in #  or the British POund

"John O" wrote:

> Why do monetary values show up as the pound sign's?
0
Pimamedic (16)
2/16/2009 11:30:01 PM
Check
a) your Regional Settings
b) the currency Style
BTW: what Excel version and what country are you in?
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"John O" <John O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why do monetary values show up as the pound sign's?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
2/17/2009 3:03:19 AM
Yes, this sign, #####

"Pimamedic" wrote:

> pound signs as in #  or the British POund
>
> "John O" wrote:
>
> > Why do monetary values show up as the pound sign's?
0
O (29)
2/17/2009 1:57:27 PM
Excel version is 2003. United States My regional settings are right, and so
is the currency style.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> Check
> a) your Regional Settings
> b) the currency Style
> BTW: what Excel version and what country are you in?
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "John O" <John O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Why do monetary values show up as the pound sign's?

0
JohnO (7)
2/17/2009 2:01:01 PM
Hi John
Most of the time you just need to widen the cells.
HTH
John
> Yes, this sign, #####
>
> "Pimamedic" wrote:
>
>> pound signs as in #  or the British POund
>>
>> "John O" wrote:
>>
>> > Why do monetary values show up as the pound sign's?

0
johnd1 (108)
2/17/2009 2:02:05 PM
John
Did you try widening the column ?
Regards
John
"John O" <John O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes, this sign, #####
>
> "Pimamedic" wrote:
>
>> pound signs as in #  or the British POund
>>
>> "John O" wrote:
>>
>> > Why do monetary values show up as the pound sign's?

0
johnd1 (108)
2/17/2009 2:21:31 PM
Wow, how simple was that, thanks for your help!

"John" wrote:

> Hi John
> Most of the time you just need to widen the cells.
> HTH
> John
> "John O" <John O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, this sign, #####
> >
> > "Pimamedic" wrote:
> >
> >> pound signs as in #  or the British POund

0
JohnO (7)
2/18/2009 11:40:01 PM
Very easy, I wish I thought of that, feel kinda of foolish, thanks for the
help!

"John" wrote:

> John
> Did you try widening the column ?
> Regards
> John
> "John O" <John O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, this sign, #####
> >
> > "Pimamedic" wrote:
> >
> >> pound signs as in #  or the British POund

0
JohnO (7)
2/18/2009 11:45:05 PM
You're welcome
Don't feel foolish, no one knows everything.Me first!!
Regards
John
> Very easy, I wish I thought of that, feel kinda of foolish, thanks for the
> help!
>
> "John" wrote:
>
>> John
>> Did you try widening the column ?
>> Regards
>> John
>> "John O" <John O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes, this sign, #####

0
johnd1 (108)

Looking for function to pick out names and at values from the same row
Say I have 3 Rows: Income | Expanses | Memo | 10.00 | Food | 5.00 | Gas | 15.00| Food Now I'm looking for a function that searches for a string such as "Food" and then add all Values of the Expanses Tab of this certain tab, so that all values of Food will be added automatically so that the result of this would be 25.00... I would really appreciate any help -- johnsvolition ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johnsvolition's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27263 View this ...

Lookup table that takes into account 2 values to give 1 output value
Hi I am wanting to create a lookup table that uses 2 values as an assessment tool. The table looks at peoples perfomance (P) levels and a percentage between each level to give a numerical value output. Cell B1 contains 'P Level' (input value, this ranges from P1 to P8). Cell B2 contains the percentage (input value). In columns G are the 'P level' values, in column H are the percentages (the percentages are divided into 5th's, between 1 and 20%, between 21 and 40%, between 41 and 60%, between 61 and 80% and between 81and 100%. In column I are numerical values. I want to cr...

How can I use a IF Array combination to return values?
I have a spread sheet in which I am trying to link a number of cells output to the results of a data validation drop down list. This is a long list with a lot of corresponding data; I am trying to find a way to use an IF Array to output the correct values instead of using nested IF statements because my data set is too large for nested IF's. I tried to use the following function {=IF($D$19=$D$91:$D$217,F91:F97," ")} but it only work for the first value output. When evaluating the program the logic portion appears to work on the array but does not link with the ar...

Split a Value
Hello, I was wondering if there is anyway to split a value from one cell to two cells? Currently A1 = 26.25 (integer), Is there a way to split this value to have B1 = 26, and B2 = 25? Highlight the column, then Data > TextToColumns using the decimal point (or period) as the delimiter........ Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Gabe" wrote: > Hello, > > I was wondering if there is anyway to split a value from one cell to two > cells? > > Currently A1 = 26.25 (integer), Is there a way to split this value to have > B1 = 26, and B2 = 25? Hi, first ...

how to lookup value on another sheet?
I'm going to oversimply my example for the sake of making my point, so please don't ask "why bother doing that?" Sheet1 has a list of product ID (SKU) values. Sheet2 has a list of *some* of those values, plus another cell that represents the cost of that item. How can I put the cost value from Sheet2 next to the ID value in Sheet1, where Sheet2 has the cost. Example of Sheet1: ID COST 123 {the formula I want will pull the $75 value from Sheet2 data} 124 {the formula I want wont find answer in Sheet2 data} 125 {the fo...

Using VLOOKUP to Sum values from multiple columns
I am trying to use VLOOKUP to sum multiple values from different columns. I need this because the value is given by name of machine, and in the column directly right of that the cost is given. The table looks like this. 2010 2011 A B C D M086-1 7000 M105 10000 M105 5000 F120 9200 F120 2500 M086-1 7600 F102 1500 F102 5500 It goes on like this for a list of over 100 machines, and there are about 10 columns. So i need to sum the values for each machine over these columns. Say for instance i want to get the total...

monetary values
Why do monetary values show up as the pound sign's? pound signs as in # or the British POund "John O" wrote: > Why do monetary values show up as the pound sign's? Check a) your Regional Settings b) the currency Style BTW: what Excel version and what country are you in? -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "John O" <John O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC4F82D2-FD3F-4472-83E1-AA462540CC99@microsoft.com... > Why do monetary values show up as the pound sign's? Yes,...

Copy & Paste cells dependent on value
Hi, Im creating a financial projection worksheet but haven't decided on when each product will launch. I want C6 value if = 1 to copy E5:P5 and paste at E5:P5 if C6 = 2 copy E5:P5 and paste at f5:q5 if C6 = 3 copy E5:P5 and paste at g5:r5 ect THis is the code I came up with: Sub Macro1() Sheets("Revenue table").Select cval = Range("C6") Sheets("OpenCAM Quarterly Projections").Select Range("E5:P5").Select Selection.Clear Range("E5").Select Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select S...

match values
I have two fields in a query: closed date final closed date In my dataset I sometimes have property ids listed twice but both date fields are not always filled in. I want the query to fill in the date field that is blank with the corresponding date field of the same property id is presented. Example: Property id closed date final closed date 123 1/1/2009 123 2/3/2009 In the example above I would want the query to update line one with a final closed date of ...

Make a check box fill in a value?
Hi all, Is there a way in Excel to that when a user (on a protected document) checks or uncheks a Form Check Box to have that action fill in a value for a specific cell? Thanks for the help Bob I put a checkbox from the Forms toolbar on a worksheet. I pasted this into a General module: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCell As Range Set myCell = ActiveSheet.Range("a1") If ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes(Application.Caller).Value = xlOn Then myCell.Value = "It's on" Else myCell.Value = "it's off" End If End Sub I r...

Add monetary value to items in shapes
I want to add a value to selected shapes, so when i drag them onto a work sheet it tallies how much the designed system will cost? I am adding alarm parts to drawings and want it to export maybe to excel so i can calculate costs? Any help will be much appreciated sounds like a BOM application. check this out as an example. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnvisio00/html/netconfig.asp?frame=true al "Paddy B" <Paddy B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13622134-9307-477D-A7F5-E30BCF0EF278@microsoft.com... >I want to add a value to selected shapes, s...

Comparing values of two charts
Thank you in advance for your assistance. I and trying to create a tool I can use to grade class assignments; one in particular uses charts. The class assignment the students are responsible for handing in will be one Excel file. I was hoping there was a way to sort of "extract" certain field values from the charts properties as well as the header/footer properties. If I were able to compare the one student's with my master copy it would save alot of time. If a more detailed explanation is required, I'll try to give you more. g ...

Values is Series
I recently made a graph with 20 different values. Now i am tryin again, but it will not allow more than 13? can some one please help. Also after i close the graph for the first time it does the same thing I tried making a new one, but it will not allow it ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Ummm... you need to provide some more information on the problem. -- [Po...

Count of values in a column based on values in another column
How do i count values based on values in another column. For example Col1 Col2 A 10 A A 20 B 12 B 15 B I want a formula for counting values in col2 where Col1 is "A". So the answer i am looking for is 2 Thanks Hi try =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A7="A")*(B2:B7<>"")) Regards JulieD "student" <agarwalp@lucent.com> wrote in message news:O$i5%23CfgEHA.3632@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How do i count values based on values in another column. > > For example > > Col1 Col2 > A 1...

Value containing
instead of using Value = "whatever" or Value <> "whatever" is there a way of using Value containing "whateva" and "whateva2" what do i need inplace of containing??? Any help will greatly be appreciated Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, I'm sure the VIPs have a much better solution than this, but the formula =IF(ISERROR(MID(A4,MAX(FIND ("cf",A4,1)),2)),"",MID(A4,MAX(FIND("cf",A4,1)),2)) looks for the letters cf in cell A4 - shows cf is there or blank if not present. Enter as an arr...

How to draw 2D values to windows screen??
Suppose now I have a 2D array containing binary values only (1 or 0). I would like to draw these values on the windows screen (created by MFC dialog-based app in MSVC++ 2005) with 0 be black (0, 0, 0) and 1 be white (255, 255, 255). Which MFC class and function should I use to achieve this effect?? Newbie Question wrote: > Suppose now I have a 2D array containing binary values only (1 or 0). I would > like to draw these values on the windows screen (created by MFC dialog-based > app in MSVC++ 2005) with 0 be black (0, 0, 0) and 1 be white (255, 255, 255). > Which MFC class a...

Adding some values on a sheet???
Hello and thanks in advance. I'm working on a calculator for some Cable TV plants designs. Here is what I need: I'd like to have a drop down menu with several different values of design in it. When I click on a value, I'd like it to insert some "value specific" numbers on this type of chart below...... 30 mhz= Ch 5= Ch 40= Ch 78= Ch 80= Ch 116= Any ideas on how I go about that and where to insert and store the info for each type of "value" Cheers! Doug Strinz Hudson Falls, NY Hi Doug Strinz, Assume that you have a worksheet named 'master'. On ...

text value
I need to rank a column containing concatonated names and addresses. Ranking only handles numeric values, is there any way to give text a numeric value? Hi, It would have helped to see some test data but let's start from here. With your data in column A starting in A2 enter this in b2 and drag down =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$100,"<"&A2)+1 -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "AllyH" wrote: > I need to rank a colum...

How to retrieve value from specific cell value?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell value with specific worksheet? I would like to create a if-statement within macro, If specific cell within specific worksheet = 1 then process following code End If Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric hi If Sheets("sheet1").Range("A1") = 1 Then MsgBox "run code" Else MsgBox "skip code" End If regards FSt1 "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell &...

Value Axis Scale Change Problem #2
Thanks Jon - problem solved -- dp_fulche ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dp_fulcher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=969 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27033 ...

monetary difference between the current progress and the baseline
Dear All, Review the question below. I though the correct answer is "CV". In fact the correct answer is "SV" May be I don't understand the question. Could you you explain what we mean by, "monetary difference between the current progress and the baseline plan of a particular task based on cost" ? Thanks KS Question: ============ You are working on a project in MS Project. You want to view the exact monetary difference between the current progress and the baseline plan of a particular task based on cost. Which earned value field should...

Item Value List vs Item Movement History Report (including cost)
I have been trying to create reports for previous points in time, but I am so confused at this point as to what is what. I've ran an Item Value list, which shows the current value of items, and got an extended cost. Then I ran an Item Movement History Report that includes cost with a filter that begins before the store opened and ends today. The extended cost in this report was very close, but not the same as the extended cost in the Item Value list. Is there something that the Item Movement History Report takes into account that the Item Value list doesn't, or vise versa? Beca...

Multiple Value Lookup field
I need to add multiple values to a look up field and I just found out that new to Access 2007 I can add multi-values to my look-up fields. I just tried doing this, but for some reason in the look-up wizard there is no check box that says "Allow Multiple Values", so then I went to the Lookup tab in the field properties to see if there was an Allow Multiple Values property and there was none. Not sure if this would mean anything, but this table was converted from Access 2003 to Access 2007. Why do I not have this option and what I can do about it? On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:58:0...

Unique Values from Access
Dear all, I'm trying to create a validation list with data from access. The code below already do it, but I have a big problem: in the field of access database I can have duplicate data... table: period fields year_month year_quarter year 200701 200701 2007 200702 200701 2007 200703 200701 2007 200704 200702 2007 .. .. .. And the code below brings duplicate data. How can I solve this problem? I wouldn't like to bring all information to excel ...

Default values
How can I set up default values for text box fields for new records? Fore example: I would like to set up default value for Country so when user creates new account - country field is populated with that vaue. Thanks, m Hi there You would need to use a picklist field instead of a text field and add a value for each country. You can then set the default country. This is all done in Systom Customisation > Customise Form. Other than this you could use a workflow based on Account Create. Insert a condition to check the country field is null, and insert an action to update the country fi...