Microsoft Query and Excel

I create an Excel spreadsheet getting data from a SQL 2000
Server.

Is it possible for me to send to our consultant to check
the tables and fields selected ?  He concerns about the
Data Source problem.  This is because our servers are of
different name OR just the name of DSN is concerned.

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

I am using Excel 97.

Thanks

0
anonymous (74722)

Optimizing query
I have a query where the execution plan is showing a table scan with 32% cost. I have tried to put indexes on pretty much all the fields and still get the same result. The predicate from the Query Analysers execution plan for this table is: [dbo].[REVIEWER].[EnvironmentID]=[@EnvironmentID] AND ([@NameChoice] IS NULL OR CASE WHEN isnull([dbo].[REVIEWER].[FirstName],'')<>'' THEN ([dbo].[REVIEWER].[LastName]+', ')+[dbo].[REVIEWER].[FirstName] ELSE CASE WHEN isnull([dbo].[REVIEWER].[FirstName],'')='' THEN [dbo].[REVIEWER].[LastName] ...

Excel 2003 file freezes laptop
I took a laptop away from the office and tried to open a large spreadsheet on the local C: drive. Each time I tried the laptop froze and had to be rebooted. When I connected back to the LAN at work, and opened the same file on the local C: drive I had no problems. What could cause this? If there is any corruption is there a way to decompile or something as you would in Access? Thanks, Mich ...

Help! Excel Formula
Below is an example of data in my excel sheet. A B C D E F Cell 1 ? cell 2 Steve 1 to 10 13/2/04 britain cell 3 Raj 11 to 17 15/2/04 india cell 4 Ricky 18 to 35 14/2/04 Spain Now if i enter a numerical value in A1 (where '?' is), i need a formula which will check the column B and produce a result as desired below Entery number = 9 then print "Steve 1 to 10 13/2/04 britain" Entery number = 12 then print "Raj 11 to 17 15/2/04 india" Ente...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

How do I do dashboard charts in Excel
I have 3 sets (budget, forecast and actual) of sales and profit numbers and would like to show them like a dashboard ( two small circles for Budget and Forecast and a bigger one underneath those two for Actual. All 3 circles with a hand point to the numbers linked to the source data ). Can anyone tell me how to make a start? Thanks and regards Nick Hi Nick, Here are some examples of speedo type gauges. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Speedometer.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/gauge.htm Cheers Andy Nick Cheng wrote: > I have 3 sets (budget, forecast and actual) of sales a...

Excel cannot find match
Using Excel 2003. Excel cannot find match for data that exists in spreadsheet when using the Find command. Any fixes? Perhaps Excel cannot find a match and doesn't need fixing. Your data may need fixing. Do you have extra spaces in the data? Are you looking for "entire cell contents" Are you looking for an exact match as in case-sensitive? Are you looking in formulas when you should be looking in values? See the available options under Edit>Find "Options>>" button. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 11:02:08 -0700, "GLH" <glhoo...

Excel not Access

Accidently deleted rows in Excel.
Hi all, I'm not sure how it was done, but I accidently deleted many many rows in my spreadsheet. I tried undo, but that's not working. How do I get all those rows back? Thanks for your help! Close the file without saving. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Pelochino" <Pelochino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E9F3FA2-E7DD-495F-A994-AF49E57A96CD@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > I'm not sure how it was done, but I accidently deleted many many rows in > my > spreadsheet. I tried undo, but that's not working. How do I...

Excel? #2
How do I print titles on every page of a spreadsheet in Excel? To print titles on every page go to - File - go to - Page Setup - selcect - Sheet - and insert "Rows to repeat at top" the cells which contain the titltes your want on every page Hope this helps "Bruce" wrote: > How do I print titles on every page of a spreadsheet in Excel? ...

Need Query Help
Hi All, I am new to Access. I built a query which gives me purchase orders and payments on those purchase orders. However, the query dpes not give me purchase orders with no payments. I need both: (1) purchase orders with payments and (2) and purchase orders without payments. How do I go about adjusting my query to include both? -- Shirley In your query, select the line that joins your two tables and right-click. That should bring up a context menu with a choice for Join Properties. Select that, then select the option that will include ALL records from the purchase order table ...

copy and paste from excel to ppt with VBA
Hello all, I need to copy a lot of graphs from excel and paste them into a ppt file using VBA code. So far, I used this VBA code: ... Worksheets("Slide01").Range("BB1:BF1").CopyPicture xlScreen, xlBitmap PPSlide.Shapes.Paste.Select .... and format of the object in the ppt is a bitmap. Now I would like to copy the object like a "picture". How must I change the above VBA code in order to do that? (please consider that the presentation has a lot of slides, so it should remain "light") Thx a lot for your help Patrik -- PATRIK --------------------...

Is there an Excel template for a 1-day Tennis American Tournament #2
Am trying to set up one-day American tournament for 28 mixed-doubles' pairs .. Seven groups each of four ranked pairingson seven courts. Is there an Excel or an Access template anywhere for the scheduling of games, league tables etc. ...

Microsoft Promo

Excel #26
I started a new job, and am having to build a call list for potential clients. When I find these companies on certain websites or what not, they are listed on a page from top to bottom, sometimes in the many hundreds of companies in one column.. Here is a link , to a sample of what I am working with . http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhkqFcg9vgGhdGhWSnQ2a01mRzlJVU1vVl9fOHZZYUE&hl=en But Imagine Column A cell values go to A4032, Which is how much information I have to enter. : SO I have list with over thousand company?s names and contact info, But, I am getting company in...

microsoft XL

Button Parameter Query
I am a COMPLETE NOVICE struggling with designing a database... Have Mercy! I need my user to be able to select from a drop down list of queries from which the user can then further choose a a single or combination of 7 regions as the final criteria. I believe I would need a drop down list of existing queries, for example, "All Active By Region#", and then allow the user to choose which region(s) they need to generate the report from a set of buttons on a parameter query form? The reports will provide Region#, Name, Id#, address, phone numbers, e-mail, and teachable qualif...

Excel click through
At work I can double click on a cell that is linked to another spreadsheet and it opens that spreadsheet. How do u turn this on? Does it work in office 2000 or do u need Office pro? Keith -- keithgg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithgg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29961 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496590 Try: Tools|Options|Edit Tab uncheck Edit directly in cell keithgg wrote: > > At work I can double click on a cell that is linked to another >...

excel disappeared
excel is just gone off my computer!!! It is since my last windows update, and now i cant access my spreadsheets and cannot run my leasing program. Is there a way to restore it? it keeps asking for a disk i dont have, this emachine came with something on it we upgraded to sp pro which i do have the disk for but it wants 2000 and like i said i dont have it any suggestions? Hi you need the correct installation media. If you have upgraded Office you need the upgrade CDs -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsb...