Method Add of object Validation Failed - please help

I am getting error on the add method on validation -

Method Add of object Validation Failed - please help

Me.Unprotect
    With Sheet1.Cells(1, 1).Validation
        .Add xlValidateList, xlValidAlertWarning, , Lst  <<<< Error
here!!!!!
        .ErrorMessage = "Please select an Employee from the list"
        .ErrorTitle = "Select Employee"
    End With

You have a response at one of your other posts.

--

Dave Peterson
0

changing registry views changes balances!!HELP!!!
When I am in my Money 2005 account, and I change the registry view from 3 month period or year period to current month, it changes all my balances. Every transaction becomes different. If I look at the registry in a 3 month or year period, everything is ok. can anyone help? --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- ...

How can I add my own data marker
I have a chart that I need to have the Data Marker display a $ as opposed to the triangles and squares currently available. Is this possible? Hi, You can find information here. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomMarkers.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "JANeyer" <JANeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0BFF3A2-C600-451D-A37A-F2F2B3FF3786@microsoft.com... >I have a chart that I need to have the Data Marker display a $ as opposed >to > the triangles and squares currently available. Is t...

REQ
Hi all I have some data (email addresses) that I've imported into Excel and I'm trying to delete the duplicate cells. eg the Sheet looks like the following and I want to get rid of the duplicates. Can someone please tell me how to do this joe.blogs@bigspammer.com joe.blogs@bigspammer.com joe.blogs@bigspammer.com joe.blogs@bigspammer.com ace.whitehead@bigspammer.com ace.whitehead@bigspammer.com ace.whitehead@bigspammer.com ace.whitehead@bigspammer.com neal.cassady@bigspammer.com neal.cassady@bigspammer.com neal.cassady@bigspammer.com neal.cassady@bigspammer.com jack.kerouac@bigspamm...

Pocket Money 2003 Help
Does anyone have any clue when an update/fix will be posted for Pocket Money 2003. I bought a new Toshiba 355 with Pocket Pc 2003 and my new Money 2003 doesn't work with my new PDA (The main reason I bought both). I called support a month ago, and they said they would probably post a new download within a couple weeks. Of course, no download yet. Am I going to have to buy yet another version of Money to get it to work???? Thanks ...

(New Object).Method
Is there a simpler acceptable syntax for (New Class).Method than With New Class .Method End With In VB.NET you can use Call Call (New Class).Method but this syntax is not acceptable in VB6 (with or without the () at the end). FYI I am looking for VB6 and VB.NET answers, if they are different. (Using Call in VB.NET is "acceptable", I'm just wondering if there is an alternative syntax I haven't thought of.) BTW Note that if you define an "identity" function: Function Identity(ByVal C As Class) As Class Identity = C End Function (And...

how do i get the name of a newly added sheet that i add with Sheets.Add in a vba macro in excel?
how do i get the name of a newly added sheet that i add with Sheets.Add in a vba macro in excel? Hi Daniel, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sheets.htm variable = ActiveSheet.Name 'Rename current Sheet ActiveSheet.Name = "Renamed14a" ActiveSheet.Name = "D" & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") ActiveSheet.Name = "D" & Format(Range("a1"), "yyyymmdd") ActiveSheet.Name = "D" & Format(Range("a1"), "yyyy_mmdd_hhmm")Also see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm...

Help Broken
Got a machine that installation for Dreamweaver has broken the help system in Microsoft Money 2004. Found the problem is XML files are not associated with Dreamweaver, but setting XML back to IE does not work. Sympton is when you access help, you get the "File Download" dialog box (first it was Dreamweaver, now IE). Can't find another machine that uses XML help to figure out what correct FileType settings are. Uninstall and reinstall of Money did not help. thanks stephen ...

how do I add music to my web page
I'm a new publisher user and want to add music to my web page to create some atmosphere , cant figure out how to do this , can anyone help??? Go to Format > Background > Background Sound. But...think three times before you do this. Many to most people are alienated by background music, and you will alienate those viewers, and drive them away from your site. In the future, please post your web related questions to the web group: microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign and we will try to help you there. Thanks. DavidF "foamdancer" <foamdancer@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Validation problem
Hello How can I set this validation correct : OR =(ISNUMBER(C7)),((B7<>"No")). The cell C7 must be a number and you are not allow to enter a number is B7 is No. Thanks in advance =OR(ISNUMBER(C7),B7<>"No") -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Wilfried" <wsteenput@skynet.be> wrote in message news:OuZfxS20GHA.4312@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How can I set this validation correct : OR =(ISNUMBER(C7)),((B7<>"No")). > The cell C7 must be a number and you...

add cells
I have this to start Sub Total() Range("D1").Value = Range("E1").Value + Range("F1").Value What do I have to add to this so it continues down 500 rows (D500 = E500 +D500) Thanks in advance! Sub makeformula() For i = 1 To 500 Cells(i, "d").Value = Cells(i, "e") + Cells(i, "f") Next i End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Kristen" <Kristen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A79F9080-20FB-4603-9716-8E4CB7923C36@microsoft.com... >I...

need script to add LDAP server
I need a way to automate adding an LDAP server to the directories list. I can't find anything on a web search about it though. I'd prefer to do it in vbscript, but at this point I'm not that picky. Anyone know how I can get started? Jordan Microsoft uses text files with a .prf extension and a highly structured = format to provide information to OUtlook that enables Outlook to create = or modify a mail profile, which is what you're actually talking about = doing. You can create such .prf files with the Custom Installation = Wizard or Custom Maintenance Wizard tools in...

Upgrade from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2007 Schema fails
I am running Exchange 2000 (version 6.0 build 6249.4 sp3) on a windows 2000 sp4 server. The domain is windows 2003 native. Exchnage is in exchange 2000 native mode. have added new 64-bit windows 2003 r2 sp1 server to host exchange 2007. have tried running install to update schema. Keep getting following error: Entry DN: CN=ms-Exch-Mobile-Mailbox-Policy-Link,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=hksys,DC=com Add error on line 124: Unwilling To Perform The server side error is "Schema update failed: An attribute with the same link identifier already exists." An error has occurred in t...

Help
I am experiencing a problem loading outlook templates that is stored on an exchange server. Every time I try to store them on the exchange server or open them off the exchange server I are prompted with an authentication box that never accepts logon details. Then if I cancel the box, outlook crashes. when I copy them to my local pc to open them they work fine. It is only when using outlook on terminal server. I have also try creating a whole new template just to make sure that the issue is not a corrupted template. But this still does not work. We are using Outlook 2000 on a windows 2000 ter...

WU on Win 2003 fails with 0x800706b5
I attempt to run Windows Update on a Win 2003 SP2 server. The home page displays successfully. At that point, whether I click on "Express" or "Custom" the next page displayed says - "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. [Error number: 0x800706b5]" I've searched the Internet for cases where this particular error is returned by WU, but none of them resolve the problem in our situation. Reviewing "WindowsUpdate.log" confirms that all WU components have the most current version...

Deleted Items In Inbox Fail To Purge
I'm using Outlook 2007 with an IMAP server for my business e-mail. Seemingly without warning, and intermittently, deleted messages are failing to purge from my in-box. The messages clearly show as deleted, but won't purge either manually (Edit, Purge) or automatically (Purge on exiting folder). There's perhaps a clue that when I log into the same account with an Exchange server, the messages aren't there. I've tried restarting Outlook, and even restarting the machine, all to no avail. I'm wondering if this possibly has something to do with the Droid I r...

Allow editing of an imbedded excel object in a protected docx
I am trying to protect a 2007 word document that has an imbedded Excel spreadsheet, but I want to allow the spreadsheet to be unprotected (that is, editable) by the user. Can this be done? ...

ReadBinHex method
Hi, I'm trying to read binary information from an XMLTextReader and to save it to a .jpg file, using a FileStream. I don't want to use an XmlDocument because of performance reasons. But the only example code I could find is: byte[] binhex = new byte[1000]; do { binhexlen = reader.ReadBinHex(binhex, 0, 50); for (int i=0; i < binhexlen; i++) Console.Write(binhex[i]); } while (reader.Name == "BinHex"); Is there any way to discover the length of the binary data on beforehand? Or can someone give me a hint on how to complete my code her...

Lookup help #6
I'm using XP and Office 2000. I just had a problem with a lookup that I can't get it to do what I want. =VLOOKUP(E2,Sheet2!E:E,1,0) This lookup above compared what is in cell E2 on my main sheet to what is in column E on the second sheet. It then enters the number in the cell if it exists anywhere on sheet 2 in column E. If not it just gives the typical #N/A. What I was wanting it to do was to return the value in the column J from the second sheet instead of column E so I was trying the following: =VLOOKUP(E2,Sheet2!E:E,Sheet2!J,0) And variation on that but I can't get it to ...

Add items to "Account-screen"
When you open an account in Microsoft CRM 3.0, a screen appears with all the information about that account. On the left side of the screen there is a menu with options such as "Information", "Contacts", "More Addresses", "Activities" and "History". There is also a menu "Sales" with the options "Opportunities", "Quotes" and so on. I want to created a custom entity called "Visitor Reports". I want this entity visible in the Sales menu of an account (or Contact). Is that possible? Hi, This is pos...

Excel Add in Solver
I am using solver on excel with large 13,300 KB files. My question is what area of the computer does the solver use to run its calculations? Because my files are large the whole systmes bogs down. Do I need more RAM, faster side bus speed, to go from 32 bits to 64 bits? What would be the ideal chip or setup for me to use? Thanks! ...

Microsoft office Live add in sign in error
I close word document and get Microsoft office Live add-in sign-in error. How do i stop this from happening. ...

How to add attachments into the Knowledge Base?
Hi, How to add attachments into the Knowledge Base? I heard that its possible with some code. Is there anyone outthere with a small handy guide for that :-) or even a ready to use codesnippet? best regards Antonio I don't think it's possible, what our clients does is linked to an external resource like sharepoint for their attachements. If someone can figure out how to attach to a knowledge base, please share, I would like to know. thanks! Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 17, 12:30 am, A.K.V. <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ...

Letter format drop-down list (Data Validation)
I made a drop-down list by using Data Validation, but the letterformat is much smaller than that of the spreadsheet. The letter format of the original list that is used in Data Validation is OK so this cannot be the problem. Anyone any ideas? Thanks Hans Hi Hans the font size of the validation listbox cannot be changed. You may have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger for a workaround (zooming the sheet automatically) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Hans" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:62db01c40130$59...

Should my properties be a method or set by a method
I am in the process of building a VB6 class that represents the Windows startbutton. Currently it has two properties, one to set the caption of the button and one to enable or disable it. Currently setting either property sets that property of the actual start button. Should I be setting these properties via a method? "Leo" <Leo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I am in the process of building a VB6 class that represents the Windows > startbutton. Currently it has two properties, one to set the caption of the > button and one to enable or disable it. Cu...

Evaluate Method.
Hi, I need help with evaluate Method. What I am trying to do is write for loop for following. UserForm2.Label1.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label2.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label3.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label4.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label5.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label6.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label7.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label8.Caption = "" I tried this(below) and many other thing, but nothing seem to work. Any suggestion on making this work? For i = 1 T...