merging worksheets

Hello,

I have 6 workbooks all with a single worksheet. I want to bring them
together into a single workbook with 6 worksheets. I can do it via copy &
paste, but is there a simpler way please ?

I have excel 2007

Thanks

trebor (88)

You might want to take a look at Ron's article here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc837974.aspx

But for only 6 sheets, it might just be easier to copy each worksheet.
You're choice.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"KRK" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have 6 workbooks all with a single worksheet. I want to bring them
> together into a single workbook with 6 worksheets. I can do it via copy &
> paste, but is there a simpler way please ?
>
> I have excel 2007
>
> Thanks

LukeM (202)

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Word mail merge

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...

Merging worksheet into MS Word mail merge
I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Excel field that contains $ and commas separating the hundreds and thousands, the $ and the , do not show up in the merged letter. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? -- Briggs Hi Instead of just referring to the cell e.g. A1 use =TEXT(A1,"[$$-409]#,##0.00") -- Regards Roger Govier "Briggs" <Briggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F326201-A50F-45E5-9767-4C189ACA5529@microsoft.com... > I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Exc...

Blank Worksheets

Pasting into merged cells #3
I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an area that has merged cells. When I do this I either get an error message or when I use the Paste values and number formats it only pastes every other entry. Is there another way to paste that I don't know of that will paste into the merged cells? -- Thanks, Nikki Hi best would be to get rid of merged cells. You could of course paste cell by cell "Nikki" wrote: > I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an > area that has merged cells. When I do ...

Error in Mail Merge when selecting Edit Individual Labels
We are noticing an interesting error when trying to perform a mail merge within CRM and Microsoft Word. We have created a view in contacts and we perform all the typical mail merge functionality using the Labels option. At the end, instead of printing the labels without any edits, we click on “Edit Individual labels” and we get the following error… C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are on CRM v4 Update Rollup 8 using Outlook 2007 and the CRM Outlook (Online only) client. Has an...

Autofit Row & Merged Cells
Is this just me or is it a common problem: I have some text in a cell. The cell is merged along a row with the adjacent cells, I have put word wrap on. Now Autofit Row doesn't work and only shows the first line of text. Is there anything I can do, apart for manually adjust the row height? Regards Take a look at this macro by Jim Rech: http://google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 If you need help getting started with macros, look at David McRitchie's Getting Started with Macros page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article...

Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged doc
Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we change that setting. -- Serena -- Serena "Serena K." wrote: > Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has > date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does > search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we > change that setting. >...

Merging .pst files
Over the last couple of years I have been working from both a desktop and a laptop computer when travelling (both running XP but with Outlook 2007 and 2003, respectively; but I'm told that shouldn't have any impact as they use the same type of .pst file system). I have copied outlook,pst files from one to another to ensure I'm always working with a current file. However, during those years, I have not always understood how to manage that process. Fortunately, I've always saved the old .pst file in case I screw something up. Well, I have screwed something up....

Wrap text in merged cells
Hi, I have a complicated spreadsheet which results in a nicely presented report in which l need the user to input some narrative. To preserve the look and feel of the report l would like the user to be able to input the narrative on a single row, restricted to say 6 columns. The row height needs to adjust automatically dpendent on the amount of text entered. It seems a simple problem but l have tried many methods without success. Anybody got any idea's on how to do this ? All replies greatly appreciated. Regards Michael Beckinsale. You have a problem because: >>restricted t...

mail merge cannot continue
I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows XP. But it suddenly started refusing to work, giving the message "mail merge cannot continue". I have tried reinstalling and uninstalling things I had done recently, to no avail. Did you have to relink to your database? If so, try changing your selection in the checkbox for "First row of data contains column headers". Greg "Margaret" <denmar@zamnet.zm> wrote in message news:1738101c448d3$24c77fd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows > XP. But it...

Looking up values on another worksheet
if i have a summary workheet where there are two columns Column A Column B sheet2 =Sheet2!$I$26 sheet3 =Sheet3!$I$26 sheet4 =Sheet4!$I$26 is there away to amend the "worksheet" name in column B so that it uses the value in column A ie. what function in column B for 1st set of data can return the value of cell I26 from the worksheet refrred to in Column A? Hope this makes sense Thanks in advance Regards Steve =indirect("'" & a1 & "'!i26"...

Help with Mail merge
I have Publisher 2003 and am trying to merge and excel speadsheet of names & addresses. My publisher document is 4 - 1/4 page postcards. I am merging a list of addresses on the back side. I am getting the same name & address in each of the 4 address blocks. How do I set it up properly. I have already printed a test page it does move to the recipient on the follow page of 4. So what I am getting is 4 1/4 page postcards for each recipient. I am a newbie so any help is appreciated. Thanks Are you using the postcard page setup? When you merge you can only have one card on your scre...

Centering Pictures in a Catalog Mail Merge
I'm creating a church directory. I've successfully merged three columns of pictures into my catalog. My picture are all different aspect ratios and sizes. I would like all of the pictures to be CENTERED in their columns. However, when I merge my pictures they all show up on the LEFT SIDE of the picture field of the merge area. I really don't want to center each picture in every column of every individual page. I NEED HELP AUTOMATING THE CENTERING OF MY PICTURE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE COLUMNS. I see two potential solutions, but cannot figure out how to do either o...

Merged accounts not staying merged.
I recently upgraded to Money 2006 Premium from 2005 Premium. Since I upgraded I am now able to use online features for one of my banks that I have not been able to use with previous versions. The problem I am having is that it will download the new account information, I merge it with the existing account and everything looks good. If I open Money again the next day after my machine has been shut down it shows both accounts again and I have to re-merge them. Also, I am still having problems getting online information for a few of my banks, but I guess that is probably a Yodlee issue...

Find Discrepancies between Worksheets
I have 2 worksheets that should be identical (merged cells, colors/borders, number formats...), but when I try to paste values from one to the other, it kicks it out because merged cells are not identically sized. Obviously, there is some discrepancy in the thousands of cells of formatting. Is there a way to compare the 2 worksheets and come up with a list of what is different? It's a long story why I can't just overwrite the one, but please just trust that one sheet cannot be changed at all and the other is an output from a database that I do not have access to and so have ...

How do I delete merged cells in Excel without deleting the final d
I have a column of dates that was formatted YY/MM/DD that I wanted formatted MM/DD/YY. I split the cells then recombined the 3 new columns into a 4th using the concatenate function. How do I delete the 3 columns without deleting the combined data in the 4th? Thanks, Mary First, if the data were really dates, you should be able to just format the cells the way you want. But if it's text that looks like data, you did ok! You can either hide the original columns and keep the concatenation formula --or convert the column of formulas to values (edit|copy, edit|paste spec...

E-mail merge
I wonder if there is a way to e-mail merge in Publisher 2003 ...

Getting no of used rows in a worksheet
I ended up writing this function In an attempt to get the number of rows used in a worksheet. I tried using Rows.Count but it did not work (unless I was doing something stupid). This function does work, but I can't help wondering wether there is a more efficient method. Can anyone help??? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Public Function GetNoOfRows(Optional ByVal sSheetName As String) As Long ' gets no of rows by searching for the first non blank row from the bottom. Returns the row num...

Selecting Print area in protected worksheet
I have a worksheet where the users enter data, new rows etc. The calculations are at the bottom and I have protected them. However, when I do this the users can no longer set the print area to print. How do I solve this? DRB, I can set the print area with the sheet protected and or the workbook protected in 2003 with no problems ??? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "DRB" <DRB@discussions.microsoft.com>...