merging data

I have a master file  and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I
need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info
from the 4 individual notebooks.  How would I merge this data? I tried the
"shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it.  Please Help!
0
bgamble77 (2)

Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion:

Explore the use of links.

Have all WBs open.
Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy".
Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master" WB.
Right click in this cell and choose "PasteSpecial".
Click on "PasteLink".

Now, any change to the "original" cell will be mirrored in the "Master" WB.
--
HTH,

RD

"bgamble77" <bgamble77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a master file  and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily.
> need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the
info
> from the 4 individual notebooks.  How would I merge this data? I tried the
> "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it.  Please Help!

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
5/29/2005 3:03:31 PM
Thank you so much RD for your help! It worked and wasn't nearly as difficult
as I thought it would be. Again, many thanks!!

"Ragdyer" wrote:

> Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion:
>
> Explore the use of links.
>
> Have all WBs open.
> Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy".
> Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master" WB.
> Right click in this cell and choose "PasteSpecial".
> Click on "PasteLink".
>
> Now, any change to the "original" cell will be mirrored in the "Master" WB.
> --
> HTH,
>
> RD

> "bgamble77" <bgamble77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a master file  and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily.
> > need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the
> info
> > from the 4 individual notebooks.  How would I merge this data? I tried the
> > "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it.  Please Help!

0
bgamble77 (2)
5/31/2005 11:01:45 PM
Appreciate the feed-back.
--
Regards,

> Thank you so much RD for your help! It worked and wasn't nearly as
difficult
> as I thought it would be. Again, many thanks!!
>
> "Ragdyer" wrote:
>
> > Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion:
> >
> > Explore the use of links.
> >
> > Have all WBs open.
> > Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose
"Copy".
> > Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master" WB.
> > Right click in this cell and choose "PasteSpecial".
> > Click on "PasteLink".
> >
> > Now, any change to the "original" cell will be mirrored in the "Master"
WB.
> > --
> > HTH,
> >
> > RD

-
> > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit
!

-
> > "bgamble77" <bgamble77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have a master file  and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info
daily.
> > > need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the
> > info
> > > from the 4 individual notebooks.  How would I merge this data? I tried
the
> > > "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it.  Please Help!

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Importing data from Maximizer
Hi: What experience has anyone had with importing Maximizer data into MSCRM using either the Data Migration tool, Scribe, or a combination of both? Scribe don't handle this seamlessly, you apparently need to export to a .csv file first. Is this still quicker using this process with Scribe, than with the DMF? Many Thanks Cathy Allington Hi, We are also looking at migrating Maximizer into CRM. If you would not mind, could you please let me know if you find anything more on this. I would truly appreciate it. Shauna skoppang@shaw.ca "Cathy Allington" wrote: > Hi: > ...

creating an address data base #2
I would like to create a database of clients, and when i type ne invoices i would like to select them so the address etc will fill int the address block automaticly -- adspreadboroug ----------------------------------------------------------------------- adspreadborough's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27192 ...

Word mail merge

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

How do I use 2 sets of data in a chart
both sets of data are in the same workbook, but on two different worksheets. Hi, Have read of Jon's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html Cheers Andy Skeety wrote: > both sets of data are in the same workbook, but on two different worksheets. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

adding data from multiple spreadsheets into one chart
I need to put information from 4 different spreadsheets into one graph. Can someone please help me? Produce a graph from your first spreadsheet. Copy the relevant data range from the second spreadsheet, then select the graph and edit/ paste special/ new series or new data points. Similarly for the third and fourth sheets. If you have difficulties getting exactly what you want that way, you can use edit Source Data in the graph to add an extra series or to change the X or Y data range for an existing sreries. -- David Biddulph "Marjory" <Marjory@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...

Any way to shift data axes?
Helo all, I am having problems getting some data into the format I need. I'm wondering if this is even possible actually. I'm sure it is, but I'd prefer to keep things simple. Data is coming in from a linked Excel table in a format like the following MRC VEH 1 2 3 4 5 101 AAA 12 34 56 78 90 101 BBB 12 34 56 78 90 101 CCC 12 34 56 78 90 102 AAA 12 34 56 78 90 102 BBB 12 34 56 78 90 102 CCC 12 34 56 78 90 103 etc... MRC and VEH denote the cost centre and vehicle types. For those combinati...

Merging worksheet into MS Word mail merge
I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Excel field that contains $ and commas separating the hundreds and thousands, the $ and the , do not show up in the merged letter. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? -- Briggs Hi Instead of just referring to the cell e.g. A1 use =TEXT(A1,"[$$-409]#,##0.00") -- Regards Roger Govier "Briggs" <Briggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F326201-A50F-45E5-9767-4C189ACA5529@microsoft.com... > I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Exc...

Error in Mail Merge when selecting Edit Individual Labels
We are noticing an interesting error when trying to perform a mail merge within CRM and Microsoft Word. We have created a view in contacts and we perform all the typical mail merge functionality using the Labels option. At the end, instead of printing the labels without any edits, we click on “Edit Individual labels” and we get the following error… C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are on CRM v4 Update Rollup 8 using Outlook 2007 and the CRM Outlook (Online only) client. Has an...

Transfer data from XML to Stream?
Hi all, I have a COM component that receives XML documents from MSMQ. Before I process the final documents and pass it to my application, I want to modify the format a bit, as in create a name/value pair structure from an element structure or rename certain fields. I'm using XmlTextReader to read over the original doc and I'm using XmlTextWriter to create a new XML file that I essentially need to load up again into an XMLDocument object. I'd rather write the modified XML to a stream local to my running instance of the COM component rather than create another physical file then ...

importing data using a macro #2
I'm trying to import ten sets of data in Excel. I click on import external data and then choose a file and press next. I add a space to separate the data into two columns and then press finish. I was wondering if it would be possible to use a macro to import the data. Possibly import the first one and then have the macro import the next 9 in succession. The files I import are always in succession, but always have slightly different names. For example, the data I collect today will be saved as 718cr1, 718cr2, 718cr3, etc. The last number represents the trial number and the fir...

Whats the formula to look at data in precentages in fixed periods
how do I calculate a continous percentage return of two data points at fixed intervals? example : data set={12,50,03,59,22,....} , fixed interval=2periods. [(12-03)/12], [(50-59)/50], [(03-22)/03],....I'd like to do this in Excel 03 "donald" wrote: > how do I calculate a continous percentage return > of two data points at fixed intervals? > example : data set={12,50,03,59,22,....} , > fixed interval=2periods. > [(12-03)/12], [(50-59)/50], [(03-22)/03], Assuming data is in A2 down: 12,50,3,59,22,... In B2: =(A2-A4)/A2 B2 formatted as percentage, then copi...

how to split data in a range to many ranges
I have data in a range, like 1,2,3,4,5. I want to split each of them to five different ranges. How to do it. thanks. -- Paul Data|Text to columns Delimited by commas Looks like it should work. Paul wrote: > > I have data in a range, like 1,2,3,4,5. > I want to split each of them to five different ranges. > How to do it. thanks. > > -- > Paul -- Dave Peterson Thank you, Dave. I made it. "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@netscapeXSPAM.com> ???????:421882CD.22F31915@netscapeXSPAM.com... > Data|Text to columns > Delimited by commas > > Looks...

look up a selection of data
Hi I would like to transfer or look up data when keying in a reference number and bring up all the data regarding the ref number Eg Cell A1 = 101, B1 = John and C1 = january Cell A2 = 102, B2 = Mark and C2 = january Cell A3 = 103, B3 = Sam and C3 = February Cell A4 = 101, B4 = John and C4 = March Cell A5 = 101, B5 = John and C5 = June When I key in Ref 101 in a chosen cell (eg.A10) then the display should have all the details Cell A11 = John, B11 = January Cell A12 = John, B12 = March Cell A13 = John, B13 = June I assume A11, A12 and A13 should also have formulas to generate data but I c...

Pasting into merged cells #3
I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an area that has merged cells. When I do this I either get an error message or when I use the Paste values and number formats it only pastes every other entry. Is there another way to paste that I don't know of that will paste into the merged cells? -- Thanks, Nikki Hi best would be to get rid of merged cells. You could of course paste cell by cell "Nikki" wrote: > I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an > area that has merged cells. When I do ...

Migrating my data from OL2000 to OL2003?
Since MS says (MS Press book) an 'older' OL version can't be present when OL2003 is installed, does my OL2000 data somehow(?) become included (migrated) with my OL2003 when I install OL2003? yes, it will 'migrate' (in actuality, it stays put - outlook accesses it) I would recommend finding your pst and making a copy, for insurance. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Searc...

Autofit Row & Merged Cells
Is this just me or is it a common problem: I have some text in a cell. The cell is merged along a row with the adjacent cells, I have put word wrap on. Now Autofit Row doesn't work and only shows the first line of text. Is there anything I can do, apart for manually adjust the row height? Regards Take a look at this macro by Jim Rech: http://google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 If you need help getting started with macros, look at David McRitchie's Getting Started with Macros page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article...

Copy data between 2 instances of Excel
Hello, I have 2 windows of Excel with data. The data are separated (not in one workbook). I would like to copy the data from one Excel to another via VBA or Macro. How can I do that ? Thanks If you look at the Object Model you'll see that Workbook is a collection. Any open workbook should be part of that collection. So, if you only have these 2 books open you should be able to switch from workbook(1) to workbook(20, using the sheets collection, and the cells collection, ranges, etc to grab the data from one book and copy or move this to the other. E.g. Workbooks(1).Sheets("...

Problems with can grow fields on data report
Hi Everyone, I have a problem with can grow fields on the data report. I have some fields aligned in a line which are "Can grow" enabled ( their "can grow" property is set to true). When one of the fields grows vertically all the other fields stay the same length. This looks ugly on my data report (I want to show the border bewteen the lines). How can i cause a group of fields to grow together if one of them grows? How can i cause the other "can grow" fields to grow? Thanks, Ron Answered in microsoft.public.access.reports ...

Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged doc
Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we change that setting. -- Serena -- Serena "Serena K." wrote: > Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has > date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does > search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we > change that setting. >...