maximise

Has anyone seen it where you'll open an excel document
that someone sends you, but instead of the document
opening excel opens. So I have to save the attachment
first then go into excel and go file open.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0
anonymous (74722)

Try Tools / Options / General / Uncheck 'Ignore Other Applications'

--
Regards
                  Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 00/02/03

"steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone seen it where you'll open an excel document
> that someone sends you, but instead of the document
> opening excel opens. So I have to save the attachment
> first then go into excel and go file open.
>
> Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---

ken.wright (2489)
1/26/2004 5:03:44 PM
Steve

Your Excel file association may be lost.

Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the /
mark).

You may have to enter your full path to excel.exe....in that case surround
with quotes as in.....  "C:\mypath\to Excel\somewhere\excel.exe" /regserver

If this doesn't do the trick.............

Go to Start>Settings>Folder>Options>File Types.  Scroll down to MS Excel
Worksheet.  Then if running Win98 OS Edit> select "Open" and Edit.

If using WinXP OS you would scroll down to .XLS then "Advanced">Open>Edit.

In Command line the path should be similar to this....

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\EXCEL.EXE" /e  (delete the <sp>/e if
you want Book1 to open.

You must have the double quotes.

Below have "use DDE" checked and this in the DDE message box....[open("%1")]

Application should read "Excel"(no quotes)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 03:13:32 -0800, "steve"

>Has anyone seen it where you'll open an excel document
>that someone sends you, but instead of the document
>opening excel opens. So I have to save the attachment
>first then go into excel and go file open.
>
>Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0
Gord

view email maximised
I've just upgraded to OE v6. When I double-click on an email to read it, the window returned is too small to be useful. How do I get maximised windows automatically when reading emails ? Cheers. ...

maximise
Has anyone seen it where you'll open an excel document that someone sends you, but instead of the document opening excel opens. So I have to save the attachment first then go into excel and go file open. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try Tools / Options / General / Uncheck 'Ignore Other Applications' -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------...

Maximising mainframe window maximises modelss child windows!
Environment : Windows 2000 , VC++ 6.0 (SP5) , MFC Hello, In my MDI application, a modeless dialog box gets displayed on selecting a particular menu item. The parent of the modeless dialog box is the Mainframe Window. Now in this modeless dialog, a particular action should minimize the models dialog and show the application in a special state and a different cursor, he can exit from this state only after selecting the required parameters, till then the dialog needs to be in the minimized form. This is being achieved by calling the ShowWindow(SW_MINIMIZE); function of the modeless dialog for ...

Profit maximising allocations
Hi all First post here so PLEASE HELP a new boy I have a project to complete. I need to find the best allocation of planes to maximise profit There are 6 routes & 6 types of plane (3 Boeing, 2 DCs, 1 Airbus) Can Excel automatically calcualte the best allocation? Each flight has fixed and variable crew costs & variable fuel costs Thank you to anyone who can help me Mark -- mark_b2410 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mark_b2410's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16848 View this thread: http://ww...

DynamicsGP10
In GP9, the Item Maintenance "Item" lookup window can be maximised. In DynamicsGP10, the Maximise option is greyed out. Dex.ini "WindowMax = True". Is there a reason why the maximise option is not available? Mick, This has to do with the way the window is defined in Dexterity. Dexterity windows of type Lookup automatically disable the maximize button. If it is of any comfort, you can pull the lower right corner of the window out from its current position to increase the size. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www...

How to force OWA to open messages in a maximised frame?
Hello, Is there any way to force OWA to open messages in a frame which is maximised, or to remember the last opened frame's size? Each time our users open a message, they have to maximise the popup frame to read the message comfortably. That's annoying when you have a lot of messages to read. Failing that, is there a way to add "previous" and "next" buttons to the frame, so that users could open one message, maximise that frame and browse to the next message without closing the frame? Not sure if it's an Exchange, PWA, IE or Windows problem, or a combination ...

No Maximise Minimise
No Maximise Minimise on the sheets within Excel. However Excel has them. The sheet also has scroll bars. is this a setting somewhere? It sounds like the workbook is protected. Tools|protection|unprotect workbook (you may need a password) Charles wrote: > > No Maximise Minimise on the sheets within Excel. However > Excel has them. > > The sheet also has scroll bars. > > is this a setting somewhere? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

maximised dialog box
Hi, My application is dialog based application in which I want my dialog to be occupying whole desktop area except the taskbar portion. But I am not getting the desired result. It just having size which was at the time of resource editing. I have implemented following method. BOOL CDiaDlg::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { // TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class RECT rc; SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETWORKAREA, 0, &rc, 0); cs.cx=rc.right-rc.left; cs.cy=rc.bottom-rc.top; cs.x=rc.left; cs.y=rc.top; return CDialog::PreCreateWindow(cs); } Please help c...

Maximise from another applications
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C8382C.0D3C6F00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I would turn back viewable a Minimized application from another app! An app will have to put back viewable, an application that have been minimised by the user for too long... I used ShellExecute.., but no options can be used to do it. Where to look..? Any hint! Thanks.. jmarc... ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C8382C.0D3C6F00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Enc...

Dialog minimising and maximising
Hi I have an app that has a child dialog. I want to be able to minimise and maximise my dialog so that : when minimised the resultant bar does not get place on my desktop but on the bottom bar of my dialog; when maximised the dialog is no bigger than that of the dialog at initialisation. Can anyone help? TIA Tony ...

Maximising report previews
I have a form running a VBA Do loop that assembles reports. As each report is created, it is necessary to preview it, to determine whether or not it is to be printed. This means pausing the Do loop in order to take the necessary action. One way of doing this is to open the report in dialogue mode and a second is to open it from an intermediate form which is itself opened in dialogue mode. The latter is the more practical because the intermediate form can carry a pair of command buttons marked ‘Accept’ and ‘Skip’, for example, but both methods suffer from the same drawback, with diff...

Maximise Browser window
Hi An advice on the following would be appreciated. I have a command button on my form. In the hyperlink property of that button I have a http://www.google.co.uk. The link works fine but I would like to have the browser window opened to maximum size by default. Is this possible? if so how can it be done. TIA Tom ...

Maximising a SDI application at startup
I'm guessing this is a really easy question. I want my application to be maximised when it is executed. At present in the PreCreateWindow(), i'm setting cs.cx and cs.cy to appropriately large values. However, I'm sure there must be a better way. What's wrong with setting cx and cy in PrecreateWindow ? Anyway, this works BOOL CMainFrame::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { RECT screen; SystemParametersInfo ( SPI_GETWORKAREA, 0, & screen, 0 ); cs.cx = screen.right; cs.cy = screen.bottom; cs.y = screen.top; cs.x = screen.left; return CFrameWnd...

why is outlook closing when I try to maximise window?
Just started using Microsoft outlook 2000 for emails. Was using web based programmes before. Outlook express wouldn't recognise internet connection, so went to MS Outlook. After a lot of adjustments, finally got it to send and recieve however when it opens, it is in a minimized window. Every time I click the maximize button or try to expand the borders by clicking and dragging, it closes and gives me a message that outlook needs to close. Why is it doing that and how can I get it to open in a maximized window. ...

Maximising a Dialog application at startup
How do I maximise a my dialog at runtime? I have: m_nCmdShow = SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED; in the InitInstance, but nothing happens. Works for my SDI based app, not a dialog based one. >How do I maximise a my dialog at runtime? In the dialog's OnInitDialog handler you can use ShowWindow (SW_MAXIMIZE). Dave Hi, For dialogs u need to use setwindowpos or movewindow for resizing.You can either of these functions in the oninitdialog of your dialog. /Kiran hamishd wrote: > How do I maximise a my dialog at runtime? > > I have: m_nCmdShow = SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED; > in the InitInstance, ...

adjust maximised display size?
How do I adjust the maximised display size, like the icq when it is docked to one side of the screen? Thanks in advance, Lem "Lem" <hjlem@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message news:etKeyS9jDHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How do I adjust the maximised display size, like the icq when it is docked > to one side of the screen? I think you can handle the WM_GETMINMAXINFO message to do this. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] "Lem" <hjlem@pacific.net.sg> wrote in message news:<etKeyS9jDHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>... > How do I adjust the maximised displ...

locking pages maximised in windows 7
How can I make the pages and folders open maximised IE fullscreen on windows 7 please, I would like them to open fullscreen by default. Dragging out doesnt work nor does F11 as the next time i open it is back to the third sized screen. cheers NR Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Internet Explorer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele Co-author: "Access 2010 Solutions", p...

Missing Maximise/minimise/close buttons
I have been using Windows Live Mail for over a year and am very happy with it. However, I have suddenly lost the Maximise/Minimise/Close buttons when I open an email or when I write an email! The buttons are visible when I open Windows Live Mail, but when I write a "New" email or I open a received email, they are not in their normal location of top right. I have repaired my Live Mail installation but this has not fixed the problem. Would be grateful for any help in this matter. -- dgo47 Left click on the title bar and drag to the left. -- Ron Sommer MS M...

Auto-Maximise Windows in SO Manager
We have a retailer who has a small screen and therefore runs at a 800x600 resolution. Problem is, the windows in Manager then need to be constantly moved around and it drives them nuts. I have tried just changing the screen res but they aren;t happy with that as it makes the text too small. Is there any way that the windows in manager can be set to automatically maximise? Thanks, Matt -- *Matthew Warr* Retail Technology Ltd http://www.rtl-world.com 800x600 is so 1980s. You need 1280x1024 for any reasonably modern software. 1024x768 is a bare minimum. RMS is designed for 1280x1024...

Open IE8 from Link
I know this is an old one, but cannot find a solution by Googling ...... Start IE8 by shortcut it starts maximised - OK. However, if I click a link, IE opens in a small window. Drives me nuts. I've tried resizing, then close or exit while holding Ctrl or Shift, nothing works. It seems to have started after an Update, but I'm not sure. (IE 8.0.6001.18702 on XP SP3) TIA Pedro Hi Pedro, Its your IE8 tabs and popup blocker settings. Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Tabs section, Settings button. enable When a popup is encountered... "Let...

Activate another form in Maximised mode
I have a form which opens up another form in pivot chart view. I want to Save the pivot form as bmp. I have used the code from Steve lebans to save the form as bmp. My problem is whenever i click on the first form it opens the pivot form in small size , picture of form is captured and then the pivot form gets maximised. thus the picture saved is of small size. Even after maximising the form on its open event it gets maximised only after the image is captured. If only I could open the pivot form in maximised mode in the first instance the complete image will be captured. Or else I open the piv...

maximiser documents
Hi, My client was using Maximiser. I have exported both the companies, contacts and notes with not problem. I cant find where the documents are stored in maximiser. Can anyone point me in the correct direction? I need to get some details from these docs to import into CRM. Thanks Mike ...

Outlook doesn't maximise correctly
Hi, Has anyone had the same problem as I? When I maximize the Outlook window in Win2k, it does not fill the screen view. It maximizes to the right size, but is placed a few lines (2-3 mm)lower than the rest of the maximized windows, and the bottom bit is cut off. Anyone? ...

How do I get the window state (maximised, minimised)?
Hello, I one of my function I do the following: ShowWindow(windowHandle, SW_RESTORE); SetForegroundWindow(windowHandle); However this will set the the window to it's default value when it is maximised. How do I get the current state of windows? So if it's maximised I want to do: ShowWindow(windowHandle, SW_MAXIMIZE); and if it is minimised I will do: ShowWindow(windowHandle, SW_RESTORE); Thanks, /wes "wesley" <wes@inthemix.com.au> wrote in message news:OGSkxZ0JEHA.2692@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I one of my function I do the following: &g...

I have lost the minimise and maximise buttons on my worksheet
I have an excel file on screen. I can see the minimise and maximise buttons on the top right of the screen, but on the sheet itself there is no buttons showing. I also cannot move the sheet itself in any way by dragging on the sides. There is also no bottom scroll bar. Trying to post a question "Annemarie" wrote: > I have an excel file on screen. I can see the minimise and maximise buttons > on the top right of the screen, but on the sheet itself there is no buttons > showing. I also cannot move the sheet itself in any way by dragging on the > sides. There ...