Mapping XML to workbook

Hello, I'm trying to map XML elements to a workbook.

Each column in the workbook has hundreds of rows,  so the .XML map file is
formatted in a such a way that excel detects an XML list is being made.  When
I drag the XML elements onto the workbook - to complete the mapping process -
only half the columns acquire a blue border.  (The blue border signifies the
columns' contents are mapped to respective XML elements.)  The problem
columns only have their top two cells blue-bordered (with a blue star in the
last cell).  This seems to be an issue of Excel finding an empty cell in a
column and stopping the mapping process; I want the entire column mapped.
Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Thanks.

I should also add that my goal is to take a large Excel workbook and export
its data as XML.  So once all the columns are successfully mapped I will be
exporting it as an XML file.

"heliotropic" wrote:

> Hello, I'm trying to map XML elements to a workbook.
>
> Each column in the workbook has hundreds of rows,  so the .XML map file is
> formatted in a such a way that excel detects an XML list is being made.  When
> I drag the XML elements onto the workbook - to complete the mapping process -
> only half the columns acquire a blue border.  (The blue border signifies the
> columns' contents are mapped to respective XML elements.)  The problem
> columns only have their top two cells blue-bordered (with a blue star in the
> last cell).  This seems to be an issue of Excel finding an empty cell in a
> column and stopping the mapping process; I want the entire column mapped.
> Does anyone know how to remedy this?
>
> Thanks.

Write XML #2
Hi. I'm new to XML and have a big problem. I should write a program that can show any XML-File in a TreeView. Thats no problem. Furthermore I should be able to change any entry in the Treeview and write the changes back into the XML-File. And thats the problem. It would be easy if I would know the structure of the XML-File but as i said the program should be able to edit any XML-File. I found out that the XmlTextReader has ..Depth, .LinePosition and .LineNumber. I tried to add these values to the entries in the TreeView because I thougt I could use the XmlTextWriter to write the c...

Item Integration should allow mapping to Extended Pricing Price S
When Extended Pricing is enabled and you use Integration Manager to bring in prices, you map a Constant Price Level EXTPRCLVL to get the integration to go through. The only problem is that this doesn't affect the Price Sheets, so doesn't calculate a price in Sales Order Processing. It would be nice if a collection could be added for Price Sheets. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the but...

Copy charts from 1 workbook to another
I have created a macro which copies some charts from one workbook to another. It has to repeat this for several tabs of the workbook. I need to know if i need to create an object to copy n paste these charts or can it be done without an object. A quick reply is appreciated. I believe you would just need to create a worksheet variable combined with a worksheet loop to copy all of the charts. If I'm understanding your question correctly, something like this should hopefully work: Sub CopyCharts() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim cht As ChartObject For Each wks In Worksheets ...

For Jeff Partch : Retrieve text from HTML Code that in inside XML file

Mapping..
ok. I have a table with about... ohh 250 fields. Lets say that one field is directly dependant on another. In this case, a region number is given to a person based on their postal code. In SQL I could just create a second table and link them using postal code as the key. How can I accompish this in CRM? I'm assuming its by using the mapping feature but in the documentation I have it tells me to go in through the SQL enterprise manager. I have been told that I am not allowed to directly access the SQL database without voidding my warranty. How can I make it so that the region number...

how do i map an excel column to an XML element
How do i map an entire column of data in an excel spreadsheet to an XML data element in the XML source Task Pane? I want to export the data in my spreadsheet so that every row in my spreadsheet is an XML record and every cell in the row is a sub element ...

Map command
Have got Windows XP professional. Excel used to have the facility to create a map from a worksheet but this does not appear to be in the Insert Menu anymore. Can anyone tell me how to create a map in XP? Windows XP Professional is an Operating System. Do you mean Office XP Professional? If so, you are out of luck with the Insert>Map feature unless you purchase MS MapPoint software. Excel XP has done away with the Mapping component. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:41:08 -0800, "suemkay" <suemkay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Have got Windows X...

LoadXML fails when XML contains !DocType. Now what do I do?
I'm comfortable with VB.NET but new to XML. I am getting XML data from a remote machine across the internet. Sometimes my LoadXML call works fine and I parse out the data I need thereafter. But other times, LoadXML fails because it says it can't find a DTD file which is referenced in <!DOCTYPE Response SYSTEM "The_File.DTD">. I don't know what a DTD file is, but I don't have it and I'm just trying to parse the rest of the XML. There are some elements there that I want to parse. I don't control the remote server. What should I do? AFN wrot...

Native XML Support for Non-Managed C++ Code #2
Since XML is becoming so important in main stream programming, is there any possiblity that Microsoft would add native XML support to it's non-managed VC++ 7.1 development environment. It would be nice to have native MFC classes to access and manipulate XML similar to the functionality that is already available in .Net. It is a real pain for C++ programmers to use smart-pointers, VARIANTS, and/or building class wrappers for COM components just to be able to access this core programming functionality. Thanks, Bruce ...

Creating new worksheets in a workbook....with a twist
I am currently trying to create somthing, I dont even know if excel i capable of doing it however. Basically I have a main page (Sheet 1) with a list in Column A wit building sites. Currently it goes from A10-32. Now each of thes currently has another worksheet within the workbook attached to it, an the information in the according row is displayed in that workbook. Is there a way in excel to create somthing so that when I add a nam into cell A33 that it automatically creates a new Worksheet with title of what is written in that cell? Only the Column A would be abl to do this no other colu...

Can Visio convert and or open an iGrafx process map?
I have a process map done in Corel iGrafx Flowcharter 2003 and want to know if I can convert the file such that I can edit and play with it in Visio Professional 2003. Thanks I have an IGX format file that needs to be converted to Visio as well. Seems some seminar presenters are giving out their sample files in this format, and I would REALLY prefer not to add yet another flow charting tool to our environment here. Has anyone developed a solution for this? Thanks! "Dellitot" wrote: > I have a process map done in Corel iGrafx Flowcharter 2003 and want to know > ...

Implement sorting in an XML file?
Hi all, I am confused about how to sort an XML file. I mean how to *actually* sort the data in the physical file, not how to display sorted data. I am using a large XML file as a back-end database, and am making many inserts and updates using the XmlDocument class. But I need to make the XML file human readable too, and want to physically sort the data in the file, every time an insert is made. At present I'm having to use a tool like Stylus Studio to manually sort the data. Is there a way to do it programmatically ? My XML file is something like : <BOOKDATA> <BOOK> <NA...

EX 2002 Error When You Save Workbook to Network Server
When ever you save a file to a non MS server it throws this response: "The File May Have Been Changed..." you can overide the file or cancel. The work around said that if you know you are the only that has opened the file then just override. This happens right when I open the file and try to save. So I know for a fact I am the only that has it open an no one else has made changes. I found the KB article on it here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324491 But they do not have the hotfix avaliable. Is there another way to get the hotfix. There was a link to this:...

Blank Workbook opens along with another spreadsheet
I just installed Excel 2002. When I open a spreadsheet from Windows Explorer by double clicking on the file a blank workbook also opens. This is the only installation of about 10 computers that does this. How can I stop this from happening. Louis Check the user's XLSTART folder(s). There may be workbook in it. Any workbook that XLSTART opens when Excel starts. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP That is exactly what the problem is. >-----Original Message----- >Check the user's XLSTART folder(s). There may be workbook in it. Any >workbook that XLSTART opens when Excel star...

Using Custom Mapped fields when importing in Outlook 2002
I am trying to import a *.csv file from Excel into contacts of Outlook 2002. I have created a custome made contact form and made it my default, but when trying to map the fields within the import wizard, my custom made contact form is not used to map to. Any ideas on how to make the mapped to reflect my user defined fields? Thanks! ...

worksheet map
I have some fairly complicated excel files with let say 100 worksheets in them. What I would like to do is be able to generate a "map" that would show me graphically how all the worksheets in the file are linked to each other. i, How would that differ from using Trace...dependents, precedents ? Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "ixlr84fun" <ixlr84fun@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1135280427.415301.26280@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com I have some fairly complicated excel files with let say 100 worksheets in them. What I would like to do is be able to generate a "...

Custom Views in Shared workbook
Does anyone know if it is possible to copy a custom view in a Shared Workbook from one spreadsheet to another? Or, is it possible to see what settings are held within a Custom View (other than selecting the custom view itself?)? Finally, it is possible to create macros/vba scripts that refernce custom views? Basically, I am looking at a spreadsheet that runs various macros. There were a number of custom views defined within the spreadsheet, that must have been created manually. These views have been deleted, and part of the macro functionality is no longer working. Hi Jo- I'm no...

"Map" button
Does the "Map" button exist in 2003 EXCELL Hi no, MS has disconitnued this support with Excel 2002 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "NLeites" <NLeites@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A47AFEDE-097D-4BDC-B1F5-CD902D880C95@microsoft.com... > Does the "Map" button exist in 2003 EXCELL You must now purchase MapPoint program which interfaces with Office apps. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:19:40 +0100, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >no, MS has disconitnued this suppo...

How to map a string to a map pointer?
Hi, I have several strings, each of which should be mapped to a specific map of string to string structure. How to implement by the CMap template? Or is there an type- specific Map classes I can use? Thanks. Gary My first guess would be something like: CMap<string, string, string, string> m_MyStringMap; but I'm not sure what results mixing MFC and STL will produce. "Gary" <gary_gzi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:085f01c38160$c04a1570$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have several strings, each of which should be mapped to > a specific map of...

Locking XML file
Hi!! I have a web service that writes a node in xml file and saves it and closes it. Now it is a possiblitity that several users try to edit the same file at the same time. Is it possible to lock this xml file till the first user closes it and then release it for the next user. My function that writes xml file is as follows: Public Function AddNodetoAreaXML(ByVal TeamId As String, ByVal TeamName As String) As Boolean Dim xDoc As New XmlDocument Dim DocName As String = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("TeamXml") Try xDoc.Load(Do...

Map one more column map within a single XSD element.
Map one more column map within a single XSD element. I have export the xml file from the excel file format, the data has in one more column a xml element data. How can I map one more column? In my XSD (problem is "sub-item" element) <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xsd:element name="body"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="item-group" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="item...

X-Y map of 2 issues with one PIN
I want to map on an x-y chart two issues about 2 to 4 products I want to map the products by 1) there price & 2) there complexity I built the data and the chart but my problem is that I am getting 2 sets of plotted pins - one set is how you would expect in various points on the chart the problem is that there is a second set of plot points that run acroos the bottm of the chart and if you remove that plot range from the chart then the other polt points are no longer dynamic. This use to be easy You need to share some more about what you are doing. What are you plotting? Price...

Return xml
The following function is used in my webservice which returns a dataset. I now need to return the dataset as xml and have no idea how to do it. Can anyone help ? Thanks in Advance [code] Private Function GetDataSetXML(ByVal strSQL As String) As dataset '1. Create a connection Dim connString As String connString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & "C:\blobdata\data.mdb" & ";" Dim myConnection As New OleDbConnection(connString) '2. Create the command object, passing in the SQL string ...

How can I use XML in Excel 2003 Student edition?
Hi AFAIK you can't as this feature is not available in this version -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jim22" <jim22@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:400833B7-601B-48F0-85AC-49A165CBEF8F@microsoft.com... > ...

Install Module choices mapped to Help Menu Module Listing
Hello, when installing GPv10 you have choices of what to install. For example: EFT for Receivables, Electronic Bank Reconciliation, Professional Services Tools Library, etc. But when you go under Help>Options and display the registration report it's not a one-to-one mapping of what you chose when doing the install. For example modules listed in my registration report that are not registered are Cashbook Bank Management, Bank One Commercial Card Integration, Bank One Direct Paycheck Card Integration. I don't know if these are mapped to EFT for Receivables or Electronic Bank Recon...