Maintaining cricket stats

Hello, I'm a relative nOOb to Excel.

I'm going to be maintaining stats for a cricket league.

Its goingto be:

Column A: Name, B: Games played, C: Runs(points)scored, D: Highest
score etc...

Now, my problem is, since there are 168 players, and they'll be playing
around 16 games each whole season, I need to add up their stats
end-of-season as easily as possible.

I could use simple SUM(C1+C2+C3+...Cn) for the total runs and all, but
doing it individually for each player would take long, plus each player
wont be playing the same number of games , so i'd have to alter the
formula to add up for each one...

Is there a simpler way, preferabely that would enable the added up
stats to appear on sheet 2 ? And could it be easy enough to allow me to
update easily after every game ?

--
neonw
neonw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29129

=SUM(C1:C16)
or hit the SUM button and then highlite the area you want summed up

you can copy and paste the formulas

damorrison Wrote:
> =SUM(C1:C16)
> or hit the SUM button and then highlite the area you want summed up
>
> you can copy and paste the formulas

The copy and pasting is what i want to avoid...Is there some way I can
paste the stats for each game into the sheet, and the addedup results
for each player are displayed automatically, preferabely for sake of
convinience in another sheet ?

--
neonw
neonw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29129
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501329

neonw ,

You could copy a cell or group of cells containing a formula, the
select a large group of cells and paste. The formulas will adjust to
the location they are pasted to.

To add the results for a single player, you could use SUM(C1:C16).

To find the number of game played for a single player, you could use
COUNT(C1:C16).

To find the highest score for a single player, you could use
MAX(C1:C16).

Hope this helps.  --  Justin

Hi

I think I might be inclined to tackle it as follows, with all the data
on one sheet.
I started in row 6  (you'll appreciate why later)
In column A Total, B Average, C Highest, D Name, E Game 1, F Game 2 etc.
across to column T for Game 16

in A7 =SUM(E7:T7)    ( you never need to use SUM(E7+F7+G7 etc...just the
first cell in range, then a colon then the last cell in range)
in B7 =AVERAGE(E7:T7)
in C7 = MAX(E7:T7)
Place your cursor in E7, then Windows>Freeze Panes and this will lock
the screen so that you can always see the Players name and his
statistics as you slide across the screen to enter each successive games
results.
Copy the formulae in cells A7:C7 down through rows 8:175 to accommodate
rows for each player.

Now, the reason for leaving the blank rows at the top of the screen.
If you wish, you can use any of them to display the Highest score from
any of the games played that day with
=MAX(E7:E175)  or the Average score for that day etc.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"neonw" <neonw.21mh01_1137238203.5421@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:neonw.21mh01_1137238203.5421@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hello, I'm a relative nOOb to Excel.
>
> I'm going to be maintaining stats for a cricket league.
>
> Its goingto be:
>
> Column A: Name, B: Games played, C: Runs(points)scored, D: Highest
> score etc...
>
> Now, my problem is, since there are 168 players, and they'll be
> playing
> around 16 games each whole season, I need to add up their stats
> end-of-season as easily as possible.
>
> I could use simple SUM(C1+C2+C3+...Cn) for the total runs and all, but
> doing it individually for each player would take long, plus each
> player
> wont be playing the same number of games , so i'd have to alter the
> formula to add up for each one...
>
> Is there a simpler way, preferabely that would enable the added up
> stats to appear on sheet 2 ? And could it be easy enough to allow me
> update easily after every game ?
>

> --
> neonw
> neonw's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29129
> View this thread:

roger5293 (1125)

Chart sizes with window frame check box frozen in the checked stat
I am running Excel 2000 under Windows XP on my laptop. Under the Tools:Options menu there is a check box for "Chart sizes with window frame". It is currently checked. If I uncheck the box the check mark disappears, but when I click on "OK" nothing changes and the zoom box on the toolbar does not activate. When I open the Tools:Options menu again the check box is still checked. It will not turn off. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling without effect. I have compared settings with my Excel 2000 installations on my desktops at home and at work (where thing...

How do I maintain formatting?
I'm using Word 2K and when I save as a .txt file all formatting is lost. I use a Text to HTML converter prior to uploading to a website. How do I go about preserving the formatting so that the web doc looks like the one I created in Word? Best regards, -- VHH III Txt is plain text and that does not support formatting. Html does support formatting, but its requirements are entirely different from those of a Word document and so there is little correlation between the two. You can view what the Word document will look like in html by using the Web view. -- <>&...

Maintaining Links
All, I have a db that is linked to a table of another db. They are kept in one folder. Whenver I move the folder to another comp or change the location I need to re-link. How do I maintain the link so that I don't have to relink every time I move the folder? Thanks in advance. What you are asking is "How can I be in 2 places at the same time?" Do I really need to answer that? On the other hand, you can have the front-end app automatically ask for the new location. Have a look at the following: http://www.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0009.htm -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://...

Maintaining Format
We have a 400 page tech manual with tons of formatting: figures, tables with auto numbering, chapters and paragraph numbering. There are 4 folks on the team re-writing the document and when we combine the doc, all the formatting gets jumbled. Is there a way to create a formatting template perhaps and pass that to all the writers? You should set up a template with the appropriate paragraph styles and have all editors use the template. More to the point, if all editors make use of the same (set of) styles and apply them consistently, the formatting will straighten itself out as t...

Maintain 1 List... Twice
Good afternoon all, Just wondering if this is possible. I started maintaining a list of what files we kept archived at a storage facility, based on a list that was on paper. I finally got all the boxes typed in, resulting in a list which has all the files in each box, grouped by what box they are in. However, for the sake of searching these files, it's best if I have them alphabetically as well. My solution was to make a copy of the "List" called "Alpha". Alpha contains the list, sorted by surname. Every time I catalogue a new box, I copy it into "Alpha" an...

Maintaining cricket stats
Hello, I'm a relative nOOb to Excel. I'm going to be maintaining stats for a cricket league. Its goingto be: Column A: Name, B: Games played, C: Runs(points)scored, D: Highest score etc... Now, my problem is, since there are 168 players, and they'll be playing around 16 games each whole season, I need to add up their stats end-of-season as easily as possible. I could use simple SUM(C1+C2+C3+...Cn) for the total runs and all, but doing it individually for each player would take long, plus each player wont be playing the same number of games , so i'd have to alter the fo...

Maintain Formatting
When I paste my resume or upload it to Monster.com the formatting is always messed up. How do I prevent or fix this. Because it doesn't want a formatted document. What I do is to keep a plain text version. I tweaked it to look nice and pasted that into the career sites. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Lindaw1984" <Lindaw1984@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7A1488C-63AC-4644-85C2-F029AA7F9AA5@microsoft.com... > When I paste my resume or upload it to Mons...

PT Maintain Group Label
When I have no data for a group, the group becomes invisible and th group label loses its name. For instance: Group MM becomes group1. Thi table is run against an OLAP cube and I understand that this is standar behavior. Does anyone know how to maintain the label name -- Steele ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Steeler's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27664 ...

Mailbox Stats (mailbox cleanup)
Is there a way to determine the size of each folder beneath a users mailbox from within Exchange System Manager? I know you can do this with Outlook, and you can tell the overall size of the mailbox with ESM. However, I'm looking for details with ESM on each folder size (i.e. Sent Items, Deleted Items, Inbox, etc. etc) by the way, can you wiev the RUS in ESM? There should me 2 objects pointed to the domain controller. Can you show the location? "Scott" wrote: > Is there a way to determine the size of each folder beneath a users mailbox > from within Exchange Sys...

junk mail maintains disabling when moved to Inbox
Recently when I select an email from the Junk Mail folder, mark it as not junk and allow the sender as a safe sender and then move the email to my Inbox, the email is still showing this dialogue "Links and other functionality have been disabled in this message. To restore functionality, move this message to the Inbox. This message was marked as spam unsing the Outlook Junk E-mail filter." It used to be that when I did all the steps and moved it to my Inbox, the message was like any accepted message, but this way I can't reply or move it anywhere else. If you are...

Document maintainance
I need the number of currently opened documents to maintain a TabCtrl with the titles. I found a way to do it with the undocumented CDocManager::GetOpenDocumentCount(). Is this a reliable way or is there maybe a better one? I'm just wondering why such an important function is undocumentd. TIA, Hans ...

Maintaining scroll position in CListCtrl
Hi there, If I have a CListCtrl large enough that I have a horizontal scroll bar, how can I maintain the scroll bar position after a list sort. Currently, if I scroll to the right, far enough that am no longer on the original "page", and sort a column here, the list gets repainted, and I end up back on the first "page", not seeing the column I had sorted. I want to maintain the scroll bar position when I sort. How can I go about doing this? Thank you. Going to give what is stated in here a try: http://groups.google.ca/group/borland.public.cppbuilder.vcl.components.usi...

Migrate exchange maintaining sbs
Hi guys, I've a very doubt about how to proceed with my project.. There is one SBS2003sp2 and I would like to install new Exchange 2010 on a separate windows 2008 standard server. These are steps that I want to do: 1) Install Exchange 2010 on new win2008 server (standalone, not domain controller) 2) move mailboxes on new server 3) stop all exchange services on SBS This should be enough to migrate exchange users? Could be some problems for SBS ? thanks very much for any advice Bye andrew In article <acf5bdb2-04c1-47fb-8334- 3367fa139c6c@k33g2000yqc.googlegroups....

Maintain One Shape Dimension When Resizing a Group
I have protected the width of a 2 dimensional shape (the locks do appear on the width selection handles) and added other shapes to form a group. If I resize the width of this group, the width of the protected shape also changes in spite of the lock. I see that this behaviour is characteristic of grouped stencil shapes as well. Does anyone know how to prevent this (I'm stuck with Visio verions 4.5 or 2000)? Thanks. On 15 Mar 2007 07:32:41 -0700, "Dave" <yullneverknow@mail.com> wrote: >I have protected the width of a 2 dimensional shape (the locks do >appear on the w...

Maintaining trusted senders (junk mail)
Is there any way to maintain a global trusted list of e.g. trusted domains? I would like to update a list that get imported in Outlook every week, as we constantly add new customers as trusted domains. -- IT/MsC/ITAdm Engineering Services ...

Maintainence Release? When?
When is the fabled maintanence release for Publisher that will fix all of these page size/order etc. problems actually coming out? That's a good question. Unfortunately none of us are privy to that information. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Puzzled Publisher" <BuffaloFilmFestival@gmail.com> wrote in message news:30af06c3-aa09-4a18-b56a-c3b9325ddb70@r27g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > When is the fabled maintanence release for Publisher that will fix all > of these page size/order etc....

Outlook Web Access and disk usage stat
Is there any way for a user to see how much space their using with Outlook Web Access (2003)? I couldn't find it. How about 2007? Lynne.Seamans@millersville.edu Millersville University OWA in itself doesn't use any "space"...the size of the mailbox can be found in the ESM, under the appropriate database/Mailboxes... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Lynne Seamans" <Lynne.Seamans@millersville.edu> wrote in message news:er5lbmFgHHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there any way for a user to see how much space their using with Outlook > Web Access (2...

Maintain an old application
I maintain an application for Win NT4 but this application was develop with VS 6 and I have VS.Net 2003. When I compile the application that runs with MF42.dll (dynamic link) in fact the application is looking for MFC71.dll ? How can I do ? Thanks When you compile under VS.Net you will get an executable that wants MFC71.DLL. The only way to get an executable that uses MFC42.DLL is to compile it under VS6. Therefore, you will have to distribute MFC71.DLL with the program. There is no other way to manage this. joe On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:27:30 -0700, "Gloupy" <anonymou...

Maintaining log
Sir, In our server in 3months 10.2 GB of Exchange log file is generated. i had moved that log file other server. Shall i delete all the log files which was moved to other server. Did that all log files required at time of any exchange server crash or exchange server can be recovered using existing log ?? Waiting for your reply Regards Sathish Kumar On Sat, 28 May 2005 02:48:04 -0700, sathish kumar nair <sathishkumarnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Sir, > >In our server in 3months 10.2 GB of Exchange log file is generated. i had >moved that log file other ser...

Maintain email data across 2 computers?
Hi, Sorry if this is a basic question, couldn't find the answer in my searches. I'm buying a laptop which will be networked with my desktop PCs when at home. I may use the laptop to download and read my email. Until now I have only used one of my desktops to do this. How can I ensure that my email correspondence is not split between the laptop and the desktop? In other words, if I have been using outlook express on the laptop, then I switch to the desktop, I will want to have access to the emails downloaded on the laptop. Ideally I would like all my email correspondence to appear on b...

Maintain Formatting with Formulas
I am writing a formula that references multiple cells as the possible source cell depending on certain parameters being met. My question is whether anyone knows how to maintain the formatting in the display cell? My possible source cells all contain different number formats (i.e. -1234.0 and ##00.0E-+00). Is there a way to write this into the formula, or is there a formatting option that allows you to keep the source cell's format? Any help would be great! Use the TEXT function to apply the same format to the values from the referenced cells as was used on those referen...

Maintaining Formulas
I recently downloaded a check register template. It gave me 89 lines of entry. When I go beyond that and need to add more rows, it loses the formulas. I am not proficient obviously with Excel, just want to maintain a check register on my computer. You need to copy the formulas to the rows below row 89; this should work OK. Please hit Yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. "dcontois" wrote: > I recently downloaded a check register template. It gave me 89 lines of > entry. When I go beyond that and need to add more rows, it loses the > formulas...

merging cells and maintaining the fonts size of each cell
I am merging cells but lose the font styles of each of the merged cells in the new cell Is there a way to keep them maintained? Are you concatenating the values in the cell using a formula? Like: =a1&b1&c1 If yes, then formulas won't retain the styles/formats of their dependent ranges. dick wrote: > > I am merging cells but lose the font styles of each of the merged cells in > the new cell > Is there a way to keep them maintained? -- Dave Peterson Can you suggest a way other than the formula below to achieve my result? "Dave Peterson" wrote: > ...

maintaining calendar formats when date range has changed
Can anyone give assistance on how to maintain a changed publisher calendar template when you change the date range from month to month? When I change the date range the calendar reverts back to the original calendar template minus all the changes I had made. I had saved the changed calendar. Thanks, David ...

Maintaining off-document connectivity
I'm an intern working on a project for a company that wishes to split their process flows into separate but cross-linked software-specific and hardware-specific documents so that the main document does not require updating as often. The intent is to have this functional as a group of Visio documents, sorted by application. I am using Visio 2003 Professional SP1 on Windows XP. I am using RUNADDONWARGS("OPC","/CMD=4"), and I have also set the hyperlinks to relative path. The links do work when the absolute path is used. I have tried this both locally and on a...