Mail merge formating

One of the MVP providing very good help here has just what I am looking for...
I am looking for the code to place in a mergedfield to show dollars & cents
as
 $ 12.34
I hope someone can dierct me to that MVP site
Thanks
0
pcor (148)

fieldcode would be \# "$ #,###.00"

HTH

"pcor" wrote:

> One of the MVP providing very good help here has just what I am looking for...
> I am looking for the code to place in a mergedfield to show dollars & cents
> as
>  $ 12.34
> I hope someone can dierct me to that MVP site
> Thanks
0
Rayashe (10)
4/30/2008 8:21:00 AM
I guess this is the site

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/index.htm

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One of the MVP providing very good help here has just what I am looking
> for...
> I am looking for the code to place in a mergedfield to show dollars &
> cents
> as
> $ 12.34
> I hope someone can dierct me to that MVP site
> Thanks

0
terre081 (3244)

double mail sent
Hi! I've a problem on mdaemon on W2003 Sometimes I send 2 same messages.... and I think that using webmail I don't have this problem (only with outlook express) Can you help me? Thanks On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:32:33 +0200, roberta <roby@tis.it> wrote: >Hi! I've a problem on mdaemon on W2003 > >Sometimes I send 2 same messages.... and I think that using webmail I >don't have this problem (only with outlook express) > >Can you help me? > >Thanks This is a SQL server newsgroup, if you are having problems with mdaemon you may ...

Unknow Mail Recipient
Outlook 2002 SP3 We have a client who when sending an email will have the 'To' or 'CC' name display as '~Unknown~' in the sent email. The client sends mail from Outlook using a 3rd party application address book.The emails are being received, so I don't believe it is an issue at the recipients end. When the properties of these unknown contacts on the email are opened the Display Name is "~Unknown~" but the email address is correct. Has anybody seen anything like this, or can suggest a likely cause and/or resolution Thanks, Richard Nearly everytime...

e-mail settings
I copied my settings from my older desktop computer but I can't send or receive e-mail on this laptop with Windows 7. Any suggestions? Assuming you installed Windows Live Mail... Do you get any error messages? If so, right-click on it, select Copy. then Paste it into a reply here. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "Pam" wrote in message news:F0ED8964-BBA5-4FF3-998E-88D7EE64C1C9@microsoft.com... I copied my settings from my older desktop computer but I can't send or receive e-mail on this laptop with Wind...

New Mail Envelope in System Tray
Is there anyway to change the icon to something else... I have anothere icon I would like to use instead of the envelope.... Thanks Sorry, the envelope icon is hard-coded as part of the application. -- Regards, Chris Burnham Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ------------------- "Dylan420" <ChrisLabs612@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:40c66cf1.0307140457.6badfe8c@posting.google.com... > Is there anyway to change the icon to something else... I have > anothere icon I would like to use i...

User mail msgs delivered to administrator mbx
I have a bit of a mystery which I am at a loss as to how to track down. On a periodic cleanup of the administrator mailbox on a cliente SBS2003 I found a load of messages which should have been delivered to user mailboxes. Reading from the admin mailbox, the messages all have a to field set to the users name, and have not been reformatted such as may happen with bounced messages. If I take a particular message and check back in the logs the first mention in the daily log for a given message has from-column thesource@clientedom.com to-column administrator@mydom.com and not as you wo...

Outlook 2003 Mail Merge
I have been happily doing a mailmerge using Outlook 2003 and Publisher 2003. I went to do one the other day and started to have all kinds of problems. From Publisher when I choose "Use Outlook Contacts" I get a screen that says "Data Link Properties" and asks for all kinds of info - never had this before and was always able to do merge. When I hit ok - I get an error message: "This operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try again Later" I have tried all the Link settings, but nothing works - Keeps saying Publisher...

mail merge #3
I have a table within a pub document that I want to do a mail merge from to create file folder labels for that tables info. I have copied & saved it to a separate pub doc hoping that would be easier. When I go into mail merge and browse for the file and open it, I get an error message that says " This operation cannot be preformed becuase of dialog or database engine failures." Is there anybody out there who can help me with this? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C3B4BB.DC6A8BC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1&...

Cannot receive mail.
This has never done this before. I would like some help with this problem. When my account tries to receive mail it asks for a username and password. I try all the combination but none of them work. So my question is how do I fix this? Here are the error codes: Account: 'pop.grics.net', Server: 'pop.grics.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid password or username', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 Account: 'pop.grics.net', Server: 'pop.grics.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Res...

Cant use word as e-mail editor
If I check Word as e-mail editor in Outlook options, I get following message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." I de- and re-installed Office XP complete but issue is still occuring. If you open Word, normally, does it run? >-----Original Message----- >If I check Word as e-mail editor in Outlook options, >I get following message: "This form requires Word as your >e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be >found. The form will be open...

Mail von Ehefrau
27.02.08 Hallo, ich wollte nur �berpr�fen ob meine Mail ankommt Bis bald deine Gattin. ...

Keep mail on orginal mail server and windows mail
I am trying to figure out why I cannot keep my e-mail on the original server (yahoo) and see it in my windows mail window only when I am at that particular computer. I need to have it on both. Any suggestions? In Windows Mail go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Advanced, select "Leave a copy of messages on server." --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "bjendrey" <bjendrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:E6B86C9D-02F5-460D-834F-96240B02F4A4@mi...

Formatting Graphs with VBA in powerpoint
Hi all I wonder if someone can help me I have 130 slides in a presentation and I need to format the first series in each graphs in those slides. The following is what I want to format .ColorIndex = 7 .Weight = Graph.xlThick .LineStyle = Graph.xlContinuous and .MarkerStyle = xlnone but I cannot seem to get this one to work I have found this code but it formats all the series in the graph, not just one series which I want and does not automatically go to the next slide For this code to work I have to go on each and every slide and select the graphs which I do not...

mail merging formatted content
I am using Outlook 2000 SR1 and Word 2000 SR1. I have an email message that I need to send to everyone in my contacts folder. I know I can create a distribution list and place it in the bcc: field, with my own email in the To: field, but I need each recipient to see only their own email, not mine or others, in the To: field. So I tried Mail Merge. The body of my message contains some formatted text and also few images. I changed my Outlook's Mail Format as HTML and MSWord as my email editor. When I send the messages through mail merge, the receiver's mail is not formatted, and also no...

View mail (again)
I have put a new link because as I had brought my problem to a close I did not think it would be looked at. This morning when I looked at my mail, after I have read all my messages and deleted any from the spam and junk folders it still said there were 2 messages in my Inbox and they are not visible. I clicked on unread mail to see who they were from, both of which I normally receive mail from and the only way then I could find them was to do a search, the advanced search tellling me they are in the inbox but I cannot see them. This really is a problem and I don't know how to cur...

Format a cell with numbers and user defined text
I want to format a cell that will take user defined numbers and text in the following format: 12345678-A Another example would be: 23454368-X The numbers, dash, and text refer to Medicaid identification numbers and I want to be able to have a constant format when these values are entered. ...

Printing E-mails
When I print an outgoing or incoming e-mail, I don't get the "To," "Cc," or "Subject" lines on the printed copy. How can I include them? Using Microsoft Outlook 2002 within Office XP (not Outlook Express). ...

Is Mail Edited
Thanks All, I have an application and sends an email by creating the object of Outlook.Application. That mail goes to OutBox folder in Outlook, once user clicks on Send/Receive button it goes to the recipient. But anyone can edit that mail in outbox and send it. Can I check whether that mail is edited or its the original mail Please Help ...

Import mail from live mail to windows mail
how do I Import mail from live mail back to windows mail? Moving Messages from Windows Live Mail to Vista's Windows Mail http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!213.entry -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Martin Werman" wrote in message news:#AM#y$pULHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... how do I Import mail from live mail back to windows mail? ...

Junk Mail
What if u put something in junk mail and u didn't mean 2 and u erased it? - Amanda Kelski On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:25:50 -0400, Taryn <taryngirl93@verizon.net> wrote: >What if u put something in junk mail and u didn't mean 2 and u erased it? > >- Amanda Kelski Look in the Deleted Items folder. Note that you've posted this question in the wrong place - this forum is for the database software Microsoft Access. You may have better luck posting your question in a group for the mail software that you're using (Outlook? Outlook Express? Something else...?). Whe...

How do I find the port and SSL settings for Yahoo!Mail?
When I tried to link Outlook 2003 to my Yahoo!Mail e-mail account I found the exact steps listed by Microsoft and followed them. However, when I clicked on 'Test Account Settings' it still did not function properly after multiple tries. Three errors occurred: 1) Send test e-mail message: the specified server was found, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct. To access these settings... 2) Find incoming mail server (POP3): Outlook could not connect to the incoming mail server. The problem could be the server name...

Time formats in Excel 2003
Being in the UK, I obviously want to use the English(UK) date format, so Christmas Day is 25/12/05 rather than 12/25/05. However, this defaults the time format to hh/mm/ss (why, I do not know, since I can assure American readers we're not normally that precise), so I have to reset it English(US) to get hh/mm, which resets the default date format to mm/dd/yy, so I have to change it back the next time I want to format a cell as a date. Any way round this? It's only a minor problem but it's irritating me. Steve Stephen, If you set up your own custom format with hh/mm, it w...

Cannot open Mail Session
I have Office XP with Windows 2k. In my Access XP, I have a sendobject command to create an email message. below is the function: DoCmd.SendObject , , , "*Location",, , , "Address is " & Me!Address & "." With one user, everytime he clicks on the button, there is an error that says "Access cannot open mail session". I log in as someone else on the computer and run the same thing and it works. I log that one user onto another machine and it doesn't work. Seems as if it happens only when the user is logged in and using his outlook. ...

Capturing Formatting with VLookup
I am using VLOOKUP to search through a db that has formatting on individual cells (text color, subscript, superscript, etc.). The result from a successful VLOOKUP is in place text. Is there any way to have the lookup cell automatically match the formatting of the reference cell? A formula can only return a value to a cell, so I say the answer is no. HTH Regards, Howard "kalandine" <kalandine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:486780D2-C14B-47BE-A7D6-71D6622E4DD3@microsoft.com... >I am using VLOOKUP to search through a db that has formatting...

How to send alert to mobile device when new mail arrives?
Gurus, I have a user who is member of a mail-enabled distribution group. She would like to recieve an alert or notification on her mobile whenever mail is recieved through this group address. How can I accomplish this? I'm using Exchange 2003 SP2 on Server2003. Thanks, -Michael On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 16:18:02 -0700, Holo20 <Holo20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >I have a user who is member of a mail-enabled distribution group. She would >like to recieve an alert or notification on her mobile whenever mail is >recieved through this group address. How ...

Problem sending mails with attachments
We have a problem with sending mails with attachments. We are using an Access application with a mail function. We create a new mail from within the Access application, then manually add an attachment and send the mail to an external recipient. When the recipient reads the mail , the recipient sees an attachment with the name "attachment21" (no extension) and the attachment cannot be read by any program I know. The original attachment is lost. When a mail with attachment was created and sent directly from within Outlook, the external recipient sees an attachment with the right name ...