macros #5

i needed a program to set up number combinations and somebody gave me one
my only problem is i dont know how to use it
i cut and pasted it to visual basic and now i dont know what to do

Joel provided two subs......the Sub Cominations() which runs

Sub recursive(ByVal Level As Integer, ByVal Position As Integer)

Since you're not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for
more on "getting started".

In the meantime..........

First...create a backup copy of your original workbook.

To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

Hit CRTL + r to open Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and select it.

Right-click and Insert>Module.  Paste the code in there.  Save the
workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.

Run or edit the macro by going to Tool>Macro>Macros.

You can also assign this macro to a button or a shortcut key combo.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 10:45:00 -0700, lifeguardernie
<lifeguardernie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i needed a program to set up number combinations and somebody gave me one
>my only problem is i dont know how to use it
>i cut and pasted it to visual basic and now i dont know what to do

0
Gord
10/14/2007 6:26:42 PM
See also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message news:7vm4h35nmovifibpq1i5jkbv24rcrre4eg@4ax.com...
> Joel provided two subs......the Sub Cominations() which runs
>
> Sub recursive(ByVal Level As Integer, ByVal Position As Integer)
>
> Since you're not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for
> more on "getting started".

> In the meantime..........
>
> First...create a backup copy of your original workbook.
>
> To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.
>
> Hit CRTL + r to open Project Explorer.
>
> Find your workbook/project and select it.
>
> Right-click and Insert>Module.  Paste the code in there.  Save the
> workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.
>
> Run or edit the macro by going to Tool>Macro>Macros.
>
> You can also assign this macro to a button or a shortcut key combo.
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 10:45:00 -0700, lifeguardernie
> <lifeguardernie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>i needed a program to set up number combinations and somebody gave me one
>>my only problem is i dont know how to use it
>>i cut and pasted it to visual basic and now i dont know what to do

0
rondebruin (3789)
10/14/2007 6:34:09 PM
Very nice Ron

Didn't know you had that page.

I will refer posters to it in future.

Gord

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 20:34:09 +0200, "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl>
wrote:

>See also
>http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

0
Gord
10/14/2007 7:21:16 PM
Hi Gord

>> Didn't know you had that page.

To many people have problems to paste the code in the correct place.

I hope it is clear this way with the screenshots
If you miss something let me know

--

"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message news:ovq4h3patnnekei3bfev1q6usvsbe9bffm@4ax.com...
> Very nice Ron
>
> Didn't know you had that page.
>
> I will refer posters to it in future.
>

> Gord
>
> On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 20:34:09 +0200, "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl>
> wrote:
>
>>See also
>>http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

0
rondebruin (3789)

Create a status designation from 5 date fields using "Not IsNull"
I am still learning, lots that I don't know, but I am trying to create a status designation from 5 date fields using "Not IsNull" and having difficulty. I am not sure if this will fuction best in query, forms... can I do this on the table??? After some research, this is what I have in a query for now and it seems to work but I don't want a number: Status: IIf(Not IsNull([cogradulate]),5,IIf(Not IsNull([verifydate]),4,IIf(Not IsNull([permCAdate]),3,IIf(Not IsNull([shorttermCAdate]),2,IIf(Not IsNull([containmentdate]),1,0))))) When I change it to a word in...

Macro warning with no macros

Macro

Macro

Help with macro/and or formula?

Attached Toolbars Macros

Run macro automatically.

Protected sheets and running macros

Move Exchange .5 to New NT 4.0 Server
HI, Can some one guide to move exchange server to new server please. Backup the DS and IS Take server offline... Build new server with same name. Install same Windows Service Pack Install Exchange - New Org and Site (Same as last install) Install same Exchange Service Pack Run Optimizer Install IMC if the old box had one. Stop DS and IS Clear all DSADATA folders and MDBDATA folders. Restore DS and IS -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this news...

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

receipt printing #5
How do I print a receipt prior to tendering? I know that you can create a Quote and then print, but what a mess. ...

Calling on a macro within a macro!

shortcut keys to macros

Can I print 3 weeks of a monthly calendar rather than all 4/5 week
I realize that Outlook prints the number of weeks which are contained in the month reqested. This month, January, there are 6 weeks, therefore the calendar is printing 6 weeks and is very cluttered. I would like to print 3 weeks only...the week we are in and the following 2 weeks. There is an option to choose print dates (start and end dates) but the default always prints the 6 weeks from the start date but doesn't allow the end date I have chosen. 3 Weeks show up on the screen by highlighting the calendar, but it won't print just 3 weeks even by inserting the end dat...

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Macro that password protects a sheet

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

Keyboard Shortcut in Macro
Hi all i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it to Ctrl+z how can i do it . regards Tools-->Macro-->Macros. Select (don't open!) your macro, and hit the Options button. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1721A458-212D-4446-8209-494A459EE428@microsoft.com... > Hi all > i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it > to > Ctrl+z > how can i do it . > > regards THE MACRO IS NO...

Symantec Mail Security 4.5
Just installed mail security 4.5 and works fine except when I got to spam statistics I get the error message: "Spam statistics are not available. Administrative privileges are required." When going into by dcl or domain. I am accessing it as a Admin. This is a Exchange 2000 + Win 2000 box. smold@pdsnet.co.uk wrote in news:cdoa56$qr3@odah37.prod.google.com: > Just installed mail security 4.5 and works fine except when I got to > spam statistics I get the error message: > > "Spam statistics are not available. Administrative privileges are > required." &...

Macros have been disabled but there is no macro
when I open a specific doc the info bar at the top says "Macros have been disabled", but when I hit Alt+F11 I can't find any VB or a module to remove. Why is it telling me about macros? Other docs don't give me this prompt. I thought I might have to enable macros to see the code. When I enabled macro, it said "do you want to save changes to this doc?" it flickered and came back as if immediately reopened. Any ideas? I could copy and paste the text into a new doc but I'd be interested to be able to strip off this problem. The doc is an internal IT ...

Run multiple Macros or macros from within other macros ?
I would like to run multiple macros at startup. What code should be used in the Private Sub Application_Startup command in the ThisOutlookSession area ? If the names of my macros were below what would the code to look like ? Macro1 Macro2 Macro3 I have looked at the samples from previous posts and cannot determine how to make them apply specifically to my needs. In Excel you can use the Run "Macro1" line and it would run that macro. Run does not work in Outlook I suppose because I kept getting an error. **** Also - What code is needed to execute a macro from w...

Startup macro
Is it possible for automatic start of macro in moment when excel file is opening. I mean when I open excel file specific macro will be immediately automatic started. Zeno option explicit sub auto_Open() call yourspecificmacronamehere end sub Zeno wrote: > > Is it possible for automatic start of macro in moment when excel file is > opening. > I mean when I open excel file specific macro will be immediately automatic > started. > > Zeno -- Dave Peterson ...

5.5 FE OWA w/ Ex 2k3
Can anyone confirm if you can use 5.5 FE OWA server to access Exchange 2003 BE server in Native mode? We've tried everything here (including changing the server name in the registry) and nothing seeems to be working. TIA I don't think so. From what I understand 5.5 OWA needs the Exchange 5.5 directory to locate mailboxes. "Jim" <NoReply@noReply.com> wrote in message news:ONDIdCRwEHA.1976@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Can anyone confirm if you can use 5.5 FE OWA server to access Exchange > 2003 > BE server in Native mode? We've tried everything here...

Macro Question #8
Hi: I have a group of several files with a simple macro that automatically goes to a specific worksheet at the time the file is opened. The code is as follows: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets ("TITLE").Select Range ("a1").Select End Sub The macro works properly when a single file is opened, but when I try to open several of the files at the same time I get the following error message: Run Time Error 1004 Select method of Worksheet Class Failed All of the files do open, but the macro appears to run on only the first file selected. All of the other files open ...