Macro to delete

Hi, I've never used Macros in Excel before and need to start now.

Basically every so often I receive a list of patients from GP practices in
Excel documents.  The list is dumped in from GP systems and often needs
sorting.  The main problem with the lists is that there are often several
empty rows between each patient.

We use these lists for mail merge purposes and the blank rows cause havoc.
I would like to create a macro that will search through the patients and
delete the empty rows.  I tried using the code from one of the other threads.
 It did what I wanted but I could not stop it.

Please can somebody help.

Thanks

Ian
0
NoviceIan (3)

Sub myMacro()
Dim rng As Range
    Set rng = Range("A1").Resize(Cells(Rows.Count, "A"). _
            End(xlUp).Row).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)
    rng.Delete
End Sub

This assumes that column A is the key column.

--

HTH

RP

"NoviceIan" <NoviceIan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I've never used Macros in Excel before and need to start now.
>
> Basically every so often I receive a list of patients from GP practices in
> Excel documents.  The list is dumped in from GP systems and often needs
> sorting.  The main problem with the lists is that there are often several
> empty rows between each patient.
>
> We use these lists for mail merge purposes and the blank rows cause havoc.
> I would like to create a macro that will search through the patients and
> delete the empty rows.  I tried using the code from one of the other
threads.
>  It did what I wanted but I could not stop it.
>
> Please can somebody help.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
9/1/2005 10:31:37 AM
Thats excellent thanks alot that will save an aweful lot of tedious work.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> Sub myMacro()
> Dim rng As Range
>     Set rng = Range("A1").Resize(Cells(Rows.Count, "A"). _
>             End(xlUp).Row).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)
>     rng.Delete
> End Sub
>
> This assumes that column A is the key column.
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "NoviceIan" <NoviceIan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I've never used Macros in Excel before and need to start now.
> >
> > Basically every so often I receive a list of patients from GP practices in
> > Excel documents.  The list is dumped in from GP systems and often needs
> > sorting.  The main problem with the lists is that there are often several
> > empty rows between each patient.
> >
> > We use these lists for mail merge purposes and the blank rows cause havoc.
> > I would like to create a macro that will search through the patients and
> > delete the empty rows.  I tried using the code from one of the other
> threads.
> >  It did what I wanted but I could not stop it.
> >
> > Please can somebody help.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ian

0
NoviceIan (3)

deleting rows #4
In microsoft encell 2000 when i delete a row (say row 5) the row disapears but so does the row number then all other rows are moved up is there a way to delete the row and keep the number 5? The row number shouldn't disappear unless you are hiding the row, not deleting it -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Doctorpc631" <doctorpc631@aol.com> wrote in message news:e4FaNYV4EHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In microsoft encell 2000 when i delete a row (say row 5) the row > disapears > but s...

Macro warning with no macros

Macro

Macro

Help with macro/and or formula?

Attached Toolbars Macros

Run macro automatically.

Deleting Unusual Recurrence of a scheduled item.
Hello, I have a strange problem. Somehow, I have an event that recurs every day until Dec 22 2005. I have no idea how this happened, but when I delete one, I don't get any message about deleting the series, meaning I have to delete this entry for each day from here to Dec 22 2005. The easy way is of course, to ignore the entry, but I would really like to clean it up. Any ideas how to do this? Thanks! Rick RWC <rcollens_SPAMONATOR_@hemmingway.com> wrote: > I have a strange problem. Somehow, I have an event that recurs every > day until Dec 22 2005. I have no ide...

Troubleshooting Delete #2
Roady - I thought originally I had said I was trying to delete an old message from Outbox in Outlook. It will not delete and says that "mapi spooler" whatever and has originally begun transmitting. I have tried to put Outlook in offline work mode, it will still not delete. I have tried to move the message to another folder, but it will not move. Outlook would go back online by itself. So, then, I tried disconnecting the cable for the internet, restarted, and tried to delete again. No go. I browsed other discussions and saw that you had recommended using a shift delete. This a...

Protected sheets and running macros

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

delete folder from personal folders
i have accidentally deleted a folder from my personal folder and when i restore the pst file i cannot find it! any ideas? ...

Calling on a macro within a macro!

shortcut keys to macros

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Macro that password protects a sheet

Again
This has been an issue for a few weeks now. I have observed not only an arbitrary deletion of a message that came into my Inbox about 2 minutes before, but also seeing the Deleted Items folder being completely emptied. Both actions took place within a few seconds of each other This occured with zero user input from me and there are no user recipient policies in place. The enviroment is Exchange 2000\SP3 under Windows 2k, fully patched Nothing out of the ordinary in event viewer. No recipient message policies. No nothing. Any thoughts? George Do you see vanished messages as rec...

Task created in workflow-how to catch if deleted?
Hi, I have several rather complex workflows set up for a client. They work wonderfully as long as the activity records are either completed or canceled or either. But, if a user deletes a task record that was created by Workflow, the workflow just sits there..... I removed the Delete permission on Activity Records for a couple users....but...what can i do about everyone else. Is there a way to prevent tasks from being deleted if they are created from workflow? Or A way to identify those that have been created from a workflow and deleted by a user? Ultimately, we do not want an...

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

Keyboard Shortcut in Macro
Hi all i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it to Ctrl+z how can i do it . regards Tools-->Macro-->Macros. Select (don't open!) your macro, and hit the Options button. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1721A458-212D-4446-8209-494A459EE428@microsoft.com... > Hi all > i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it > to > Ctrl+z > how can i do it . > > regards THE MACRO IS NO...

deleteing movies on media player
i'm trying to delete movies i dont want from media player 11, can't figure it out thanks for the help. -- rick wilson Right-click the movies in WMP's library and select Delete. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk On 6/06/2010 10:13, pathfinder wrote: > i'm trying to delete movies i dont want from media player 11, can't figure it > out thanks for the help. ...

Macros have been disabled but there is no macro
when I open a specific doc the info bar at the top says "Macros have been disabled", but when I hit Alt+F11 I can't find any VB or a module to remove. Why is it telling me about macros? Other docs don't give me this prompt. I thought I might have to enable macros to see the code. When I enabled macro, it said "do you want to save changes to this doc?" it flickered and came back as if immediately reopened. Any ideas? I could copy and paste the text into a new doc but I'd be interested to be able to strip off this problem. The doc is an internal IT ...

Run multiple Macros or macros from within other macros ?
I would like to run multiple macros at startup. What code should be used in the Private Sub Application_Startup command in the ThisOutlookSession area ? If the names of my macros were below what would the code to look like ? Macro1 Macro2 Macro3 I have looked at the samples from previous posts and cannot determine how to make them apply specifically to my needs. In Excel you can use the Run "Macro1" line and it would run that macro. Run does not work in Outlook I suppose because I kept getting an error. **** Also - What code is needed to execute a macro from w...

Deleting Delegates
I am running Outlook 2002 sp3 on an XP pro workstation. We hade some people change departments and I need to delete them from being delegates for certain people. When I go to remove them, I close the window after applying the change, then open it back up, and they are still there. Why won't they go away. Any help is appreciated. Michelle What version of Exchange? In E2k and up you can set/delete delegates in Exchange System Manager.... Michelle wrote: > I am running Outlook 2002 sp3 on an XP pro workstation. > We hade some people change departments and I need to > de...