Lost on Vlookup, match, etc....

Can someone walk me through this please?

I a workbook that imports a years worth of data from filemaker to be
analyzed and charted in excel.

It contains several sheets, but I am concerned with worksheet 1 (daily
data) and worksheet 2 (bodyweight). Daily data contains the raw data I
pull in from Filemaker. It results in a table with a row for each day
of the year. It has 12 columns, but in this instance, I am only
interested in 2 of the colums Column F, (Date), and Column R
(Bodyweight). There is only one entry per week for body weight.

The bodyweight sheet has 3 columns (week #, date, and weight). The date
is prefilled with the date of each Saturday in the current year.

Sooooo, I want to match the date in the bodyweight sheet with the date
in the Daily Data Sheet (f2), and grab the corresponding bodyweight
(r2), and display it in the weight week in the sheet 2.

Sorry to be so long-winded, but this is driving me crazy. Any help
appreciated.

Al

0
al.rainey (10)

just one question first, is the date in F2 the same date in sheet 2 or is it
a date within the week starting (ending) with the date in sheet2?

Cheers
JulieD

<al.rainey@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can someone walk me through this please?
>
> I a workbook that imports a years worth of data from filemaker to be
> analyzed and charted in excel.
>
> It contains several sheets, but I am concerned with worksheet 1 (daily
> data) and worksheet 2 (bodyweight). Daily data contains the raw data I
> pull in from Filemaker. It results in a table with a row for each day
> of the year. It has 12 columns, but in this instance, I am only
> interested in 2 of the colums Column F, (Date), and Column R
> (Bodyweight). There is only one entry per week for body weight.
>
> The bodyweight sheet has 3 columns (week #, date, and weight). The date
> is prefilled with the date of each Saturday in the current year.
>

> Sooooo, I want to match the date in the bodyweight sheet with the date
> in the Daily Data Sheet (f2), and grab the corresponding bodyweight
> (r2), and display it in the weight week in the sheet 2.
>
> Sorry to be so long-winded, but this is driving me crazy. Any help
> appreciated.
>
> Al

0
JulieD1 (2295)
1/22/2005 2:32:18 PM
Assuming that there are 1000 rows in Daily Data, just Chan to suit, try this

=VLOOKUP(B2,'Daily Data'!$F$2:$R$1000,13,False)

This formula goes in the bodyweight column row 2.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

<al.rainey@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can someone walk me through this please?
>
> I a workbook that imports a years worth of data from filemaker to be
> analyzed and charted in excel.
>
> It contains several sheets, but I am concerned with worksheet 1 (daily
> data) and worksheet 2 (bodyweight). Daily data contains the raw data I
> pull in from Filemaker. It results in a table with a row for each day
> of the year. It has 12 columns, but in this instance, I am only
> interested in 2 of the colums Column F, (Date), and Column R
> (Bodyweight). There is only one entry per week for body weight.
>
> The bodyweight sheet has 3 columns (week #, date, and weight). The date
> is prefilled with the date of each Saturday in the current year.
>

> Sooooo, I want to match the date in the bodyweight sheet with the date
> in the Daily Data Sheet (f2), and grab the corresponding bodyweight
> (r2), and display it in the weight week in the sheet 2.
>
> Sorry to be so long-winded, but this is driving me crazy. Any help
> appreciated.
>
> Al

0
phillips1 (803)
1/22/2005 2:33:37 PM
Thanks for the quick replies, Julie and Bob.  Bob, your formula worked
perfectly.

Thanks again, Al

0
al.rainey (10)

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

Vlookup #15
Hello all excel genuises, I NEED HELP! Using Vlookup I nned to get value to the right of the selected cell - Easy! List is text and canno be in order. Or possibly a match solution. I have it like this =vlookup(m1,e1:F48,1) remeber the text is not i order what can I Do. Tank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Gadi13 Try: =VLOOKUP(M1,$E$1:$F$48,2,0) Looks up the value in M1 in a table in E1:F4. If an exact match is found, it returns the value in column 2 of the table. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word F...

match,lookup or vlookup????
Hi guys, I 'm having a bit difficulty finding out the right solution of my poblem. Here is the case. FIRST LIST SECOND LIST Acct Amt Acct Amt 4001400 $679 4000086 $1000 4000334 $23456 4000087 $213 4000480 $2776 4001400 $1234 4000764 $565 4000791 $2035 4000772 $454 ...

Margins, footers etc
Hello I am trying to print a landscape page, with headers and footers, with the sheet fit to 1x1 page. I want to have footnotes at the bottom of the page, which I am doing just by inserting enough rows manually until the sheet starts to get squashed width-wise (before footnotes, the sheet is significantly wider than it is tall, so it is the width that is driving the shrinkage factor) However, it does not let me get the footnotes at the bottom of the page. When in Page Layout view (in 2007) it includes six blank rows below the bottom line (outside of the print area). It is as if the margin...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

lost portfolio dat
i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: >i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its >gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? You saved it as *.inv or "my portfolio Backup.mbf"? The group for MSN Money is microsoft.public.moneycentral. ...

lost folders
A friend whose computer runs WinXP fully updated just lost her Outlook Express Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Items folders. She says it happened after this week's Automatic Update. She found the Inbox and Drafts in her Recycle Bin, but her Sent Items folder seems to have disappeared. She hadn't overloaded any of the folders. There were 38 messages in Sent Items. I had her check her Store folder just to make sure, and there is no Sent Items folder there. Prior to the update, and now as well, she has been getting a large number of messages wanting to compact her OE folders. Th...

lost authenticity number
I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is there any way to get the number off of my computer? If you mean your Product Key, you can call Micorosft for it. I'm assuming you have to reload Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy Gentzyel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ecd01c48d27$cfcdaba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is > there any way to get the number off of my computer? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://w...

count and match
Excel 2007 I have a spreadsheet with 7 columns and 253 rows, one of the columns has a checkmark if the person responded. I want to filter out all the checkmarks and do a count on these and put these on a black spreadsheet and leave the original in tact. I cannot figure this out in excel 7, please help. We need to know what you're using for a checkmark... "Pammy" wrote: > Excel 2007 > > I have a spreadsheet with 7 columns and 253 rows, one of the columns has a > checkmark if the person responded. I want to filter out all the checkmarks &g...

upgraded from MS98 to XP pro and lost emails in Outlook Express
I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them back? >-----Original Message----- >I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. >That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook >Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them >back? >. >I have just upgraded also, I have the problem when I export my mail and import to XP all attachments are gone! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Offi...

newsgroup access lost
Hi y'all, I set up access to Newsgroups by adding to the Go Menu as per on-line directions. I used the newsgroup and shut the program. Somewhere along the way it disappeared. I tried to set it up again, but now it's missing (completely). I tried a repair. No good. Any suggestions? Thanks. Robert Do a hard reset on the Toolbar by renaming outcmd.dat to outcmd.old. You should then be able to add it again. Also see the following for more options; http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/news.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outloo...

Lost Email after Uninstall
I uninstalled Outlook XP, then relized that I forgot to backup my emails. Did I really loose my email or did Microsoft's uninstall program leave the email file somewhere. I have looked for .pst and ..dbx files but can't find any. Thanks, strad Uninstalling never removes your PST file. Keep looking. Make sure you've enabled the display and search of hidden folders. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "strad" <stradwork@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c90a0f78.0310300748.3897db85@posting.google.com... > I uninstalled Outlook XP, then relized that I forgot to backup...

Vlookup Change in Reference Cell
Hi everyone, I'm having trouble with my Vlookup formula I'd initially had 1 column as my reference, changed the reference in another column that is exactly the same as the 1st column (both are text as well) and it does not work. I'm not sure why it is not working. Could the 1st column be different somehow than the 2nd column eventhough they are visibly alike??? Thanks, Lai Check for any spaces after the lookup value.. or try TRIM() the lookup value as below =VLOOKUP(trim(LOOKUP_VALUE),array,column_num,0) -- Jacob "Lai" wrote: > Hi ...

Lost my Newsreader in Outlook 2003
Installed Outlook 2003; everything went fine. Added the newsreader to the standard toolbar...ie. Go>>News by clicking on the toolbars ...customize...go...news. this went fine. Shutdown my computer..brought it home. Opened up outlook NO newsreader !! And it's nowwhere to be found on the customize..commands menu. !!! I tried detect/ and repair. I tried resetting all toolbars. Nothing works. Before I completely remove Office 2003 and reinstall I hope someone might have a solution. Regards, Adam Close Outlook - find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. Reopen Outlook. --� Milly Stapl...

lost data....lost person!
I'll try to keep it simple....I have Windows XP Home Edition...and The Office 2000 suite....I was useing the Excel 2000 program and forgot to save the data, however, I DID NOT close the program. The data I had put in was gone when I went back to do some more entries and save and close the workbook. When I tried undo in the edit menu it said that I Couldn't undo and only after switching from sheet to sheet did it finally show that I could do one undo but it was on a seperate sheet than the one that I had showing when the option was available and I believe that it was informat...

Lost my Original Styles
I somehow lost all of my default/standard Styles in Word! I am left with one that was created for a large document. I have no idea how this happened! Since you cannot delete the built-in styles, this must be a view issue. Note that recent versions of Word allow you to specify exactly which styles to show and which to hide. Which version are you using? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "NeedAnswerForBoss" <NeedAnswerForBoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C6F845D-5F00-4470-B403-47FA6702E2CC@microsoft.com... >I somehow lost all of m...

Calendar Master Pages that apply to all formats etc
I am having dificulty trying to make a master page apply all my alts to all 12 pages of a 12 month calendar. I find that only the top "header box" format/font etc is the only part that is carried through 12 pages when i use the "Apply to Page Range" facility. can someone please help me, it's driving me mad! Your alterations should be on all pages if applied on the Master Page. Only Master Page items will be applied to the page range. The calendar header is not on the Master Page, the calendar wizard changes the date range automatically. I am having a hard time...

Formatting Lost in Bulk Emails
Why is formatting lost when sending bulk email to large lists? I used a template that I created from scratch. I then sent that template to about 600 leads. I started getting responses and I noticed the formatting (carriage returns) were taken out. So there were no spaces between paragraphs, it looked TERRIBLE! When I send that same template to a single lead, all formatting (carriage returns) stays. Why does this only happen to bulk emails? Also, if I send a bulk email out BUT I use a pre-created template, formatting stays. So why is formatting lost when I send a user created tem...

Lost "News" icon from computer
When installing the Newsgroup icon to my toolbar I placed it on the toolbar instead of under the "Go" grouping. So I went back and took it off the toolbar to then place it under the "Go" grouping, but when I go to the "commands" tab in the customize toolbar tool, "News" is no longer there as an option to pick from. How to I get it back as an option to put on my toolbar under the "Go" grouping. I am running Outlook 2007 on that computer. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in 'Control Panel|Internet Options&...

lost all my contacts
All of my contacts have disappeared. the recycle bin is empty and my computer won't retore to an earlier point please tell me how to find them. Tnaks -- the duchess Do a system restore in Safe Mode, see if that will work. To get into Safe Mode, as the computer is booting, tap your "F8 Key" until the startup menu appears. Safe mode should be already highlighted - Press your Enter key at that point. Once in Safe Mode, do a System Restore in the normal way and wait until it notifies you that it has completed. the duchess;1647796 Wrote: > All...

Lost my files
Hello, My laptop dropped and suddenly all my documents were gone! Trash can files are still there... Any suggestions on how to retrieve the files? Thanks! Erik Fuyu wrote: > My laptop dropped and suddenly all my documents were gone! Trash > can files are still there... > Any suggestions on how to retrieve the files? I believe you are not giving all of the story. -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Do a search on Google for retrieving deleted files. I'm suprised on...