Lookup problem in Excel 2003

I had a formula in an Excel workbook called Payments to update the bank balance during 2011-2012:

=LOOKUP(1E+100,'\\Pfadc01\company data\ADMINISTRATION\Excel\Accounts 2011-2012\Bank 11-12\[2011-2012 Bank balance.xls]PF'!$F:$F)

This worked perfectly well until I needed a similar formula for 2012-2013. I have amended it as appropriate but it only returns 0.00 on my Payments sheet.

This is the formula I am using:
=LOOKUP(1E+100,'\\Pfadc01\company data\ADMINISTRATION\Excel\Accounts 2012-2013\Bank 12-13\[2012-2013 Bank balance.xls]PF'!$F:$F)

Can anyone see where I have gone wrong please? Help would be greatly appreciated!

<abentleyg38@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had a formula in an Excel workbook called Payments
> to update the bank balance during 2011-2012:
> =LOOKUP(1E+100,'\\Pfadc01\company data\ADMINISTRATION\
> Excel\Accounts 2011-2012\
> Bank 11-12\[2011-2012 Bank balance.xls]PF'!$F:$F)
>
> This worked perfectly well until I needed a similar
> formula for 2012-2013. I have amended it as appropriate
> but it only returns 0.00 on my Payments sheet.
> This is the formula I am using:
> =LOOKUP(1E+100,'\\Pfadc01\company data\ADMINISTRATION\
> Excel\Accounts 2012-2013\
> Bank 12-13\[2012-2013 Bank balance.xls]PF'!$F:$F)
>
> Can anyone see where I have gone wrong please?

Quite possibly nowhere.

The formula returns the last numeric value in column F.  Presumably, 0.00 is
the last numeric value.

If you want the last non-zero numeric value, you can use the following
normal-entered formula (just press Enter as usual) if the last non-empty
cell contains a numeric value, not text.

 =LOOKUP(1E+100,1/('\\Pfadc01\company data\ADMINISTRATION\
Excel\Accounts 2012-2013\
Bank 12-13\[2012-2013 Bank balance.xls]PF'!$F:$F<>0),
'\\Pfadc01\company data\ADMINISTRATION\
Excel\Accounts 2012-2013\
Bank 12-13\[2012-2013 Bank balance.xls]PF'!$F:$F)

0
joeu20041 (141)

Template for recording BLOOD PRESSURE for Excel 2002
Hi all, Recently discovered have High Blood Pressure. Need to record BP different time of a day for weeks and get averages etc. etc. Where can I download a template from. Any pointers. Thanks I sent one privately. Other requests will be honored but ONLY if OFF list. I will NOT respond to a request made here. "Bigdady" <nobegdadyspam@nospamblyeyonder.co.uk.> wrote in message news:qp13nv8v6kv5grucpcfia4bpa7prq5ss6k@4ax.com... > Hi all, > > Recently discovered have High Blood Pressure. Need to record BP > different time of a day for weeks and get averages etc. ...

Word Attachment problem
Have a network of PC's with MS Office of various flavours, drawing Email from Exchange Server. On one PC, have had an ongoing problem with Word attachments. PC has ben reformatted, permissions opened up to Admin, Office upgraded, from 2000 through XP to 2003 all with the same result. When you double click on a Word attachment and chosse to open it, you get a 'Serious error' report with the option to restart Word. Sometimes this works other times it just loops through the same. The latest update to Office 2003, when using the 'Send Report' and then using the diagnosis fro...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Greater Than / Less Than Problem
Don't want to sound silly here, but I am actually having a problem with a formula that will allow me to count only values greater than 0 but less than 11. Is this Possible in 1 unique formula? Heres the situation: Within Column B6:B35, I want a count of any number that is greater than 0 but less than 11. I tried the following but it returns a 0: countif(B6:B35,">0<11") Thanks In Advance for any help here... -- Mhz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mhz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&us...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

Opening a new instance of Excel

problem with signature
I am trying to create a simple signature for my HTML mails, with a link to my website.I want it to be a hover link, no underline. I have made a very simple HTML in Dreamweaver, and all the appropriate attributes and styles are set via CSS. It looks and works fine on my browser. But when I select it as my signature file in OL2003, hover link property disappears and it reverts to the dreaded underline link. Any ideas how achieve this? TIA ...

Outlook2k7 over VPN Out of Office Assistant problem
User's computer is not a member of the domain. Mail flows and all looks good till you start the OOF thing. It will just tell you it cannot connect to the server because it's currently unavailable. Now when we add autodiscover.domain.com pointing to the Exchange server to the host file of that computer it works but why? Without it when you run a test it will tell you that a Srv Record lookup for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) or Local autodiscover for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) yaro Hello yaro, Thanks for your post. The error 0x8004010F usually means MAPI_E_NOT_FOU...

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Excel Crash

Outlook 2003

connect a form to excel database
I have a database in excel which lists our stock and prices etc. I would like to be able to enter a stock number on an invoice that will retrieve the details and price from my excel database. Can this be done? Excel has built in option--try data|form. If that doesn't quite work, but it's close, John Walkenbach has an enhanced dataform at: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm And if you want to design your own, Debra Dalgleish has a get started with userforms: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Kathy wrote: > > I have a database in excel which lists our stock and p...

Does anyone know where I can download EXCEL.MSI?
I am missing my Excel 2002 CD, and can't install Office Update Service Pack 3 without this file. ...

Excel ignores boot-time regional settings when interpreting a date
I have a third party DDE app that exports dates as strings, correctly using the short date format in the regional and language settings, which, in my case is MM/DD/YYYY (reset at every boot). Unfortunately excel insists in interpreting that date as DD/MM/YYYY [Application.International(xlDateOrder)=1, it should be 0], disregarding my regional settings. The result is that all the dates are wrong or #VALUES! If this is not wierd enough, listen to this: it only happens after I reboot (when the date format is reset to MM/DD/YYYY). If subsequently I change the short date format in the regional se...

Excel to check for regular expression?
Hi, How do you use Regular expression in excel? For eg: Check a column of data to see whether are all of them valid email addresses? Please advise THanks By valid, do you mean that the email is in proper syntax or that it is an actual email address. Text formulas can be used for proper syntax. Perhaps a Visual Basic proceedure. I doubt you can check that the email address actually exists, as many companies and ISPs will simply disregard and drop mail to invalid email addresses to eliminate spam "user" wrote: > Hi, > > How do you use Regular expression ...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

OWA problems #6
Users from outside the firewall can logon succesfully into OWA interface, their mailbox opens, but in the reading pane the only message is "loading..." Also no other functions of OWA interface seems to work (new, contacts...) as well as log off button. However if I try to access OWA from inside the company everything is fine. Windows 2000 Server SP4 Exchange 2003 SP1 On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:33:14 -0700, "Ducukm0" <Ducukm0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Users from outside the firewall can logon succesfully into OWA interface, >their mailbox opens, but in t...