Looking for basic multiplaction formula

HI ALL,
I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and
put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps )
I have tried     =(D5*A5)
in d14 and then pulling it down to d18
PLEASE HELP ME IVE BEEN AT THIS FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF!!
0
Concarp (1)

Sounds to me like you had it right... what's not working?

In cell D14 enter "=D5*A5"
Copy that and paste it in cells D15 to D18.

Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel)
www.excelguru.ca

Concarp wrote:
> HI ALL,
> I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and
> put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps )
> I have tried     =(D5*A5)
> in d14 and then pulling it down to d18
> PLEASE HELP ME IVE BEEN AT THIS FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF!!
0
ken.puls (14)
10/30/2006 5:01:17 AM
You don't need the parenthesis, though that shouldn't stop it working.

As long as your numbers really are numbers  (=ISNUMBER(A5) in any cell will
tell you if what is in cell A5 is), then as long as your cells D14:D18 are
formatted as numeric or general, then in cell D14 you should be able to put
=A5*D5 and drag down and have it work.

If not then describe EXACTLY what you are seeing vs what you expected

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

----------

"Concarp" wrote:

> HI ALL,
> I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and
> put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps )
> I have tried     =(D5*A5)
> in d14 and then pulling it down to d18
> PLEASE HELP ME IVE BEEN AT THIS FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF!!
0
ken.wright (2489)

How to print 2000+ characters seen in formula bar?
I have more than 1024 characters in one cell. I can see the complete text in the formula bar but I cant print it Hi enter some manual linebrekas with ALT+ENTER every 1000 characters -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excel 2003" <Excel 2003@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BEDAFD71-FA65-4500-A94D-90F4AAB57BEA@microsoft.com... > I have more than 1024 characters in one cell. I can see the complete text in > the formula bar but I cant print it Actually a cell can only display a maximum of about 1000 characters. It's just a limitati...

Quarterly Formula
Is there a formula to obtain a total for each quarter which excludes including the year? Thus avoiding having to change to year on a yearly basis. Your help would be appreciated. -- Carol First hit on web search: http://www.exceltip.com/st/Calculating_the_Quarter_Number_for_Calendar_and_Fiscal_Year/932.html quarter based on calendar year (with date in A2) =INT((MONTH(A2)-1)/3)+1 quarter based on FY starting in September, again w/date in A2: =MOD(CEILING(22+MONTH(A2)-9-1,3)/3,4)+1 "Caroline" wrote: > Is there a formula to obtain a total for each quarter whic...

All my icons look the same (except IE8 and the recycle bin)
i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up and wants me to pick wat i want to open it with...i can only get on the internet in safe mode with networking. and when i try to open...for example paint it says invalid bitmap, or its format is not currently supported and other windows wont even open. got any ideas on how i can fix this?? On Sun, 30 May 2010 06:54:01 -0700, xxkoreanxx wrote in message <news:999F2CE9-8E21-47DC-8BA4-BAC1F1329F6E@microsoft.com>: > i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up > a...

Using the contents of a cell in a formula
Hi, Simply: I have a cell containing another cell address. In another formula wish to refer to the address in this cell. How do I do this? In more detail: I have a formula which searches a long list of data for a particula value using MATCH, then uses ADDRESS to return a cell reference for th matched value. I wish to use the cell reference returned in anothe formula. Is this possible? If not, what is the best way round thi (apart from typing the reference into the new formula manually). Many thanks in advance for any help, Bertie -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Be...

Excel - Array Formulas - Freeze
Hi all I have a big problem. It takes about 30 minutes to save my excel fil because I have many array formula: about 32 000! So do you have a ti to accelerate the computing process? Is a VBA function would do i faster? Here is an example of what I use: Col A contain unique numbers Sheet 1: Col A Col B Col C Row1 001 123 9i9 Row2 005 456 8u8 Row3 003 406 8ur etc... to +8000 In sheet 2, I have to check if the data exist in sheet 1. Col D contai Yes (data is in the sheet1) or No... Examples: Col D check if the data in Col B is the same in sheet 1 Col...

Format only parts of a formula result?
I created a formula composed mostly of text, including a small formula. This formula: ="The products would be $"&ROUND(E28/1000,0)&"K but since new revenues are enabled almost instantly," is intended to produce: The products would be $1335K but since new revenues are enabled almost instantly, Is there a way to BOLD or ITALICIZE the "$1335K" result but leave the other text unbolded? Scott -- sdubose99 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sdubose99's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

How do I open a com port using Excel visual basic
Has anybody got any code that would help me ...

Looking for feedback
Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback please. Any advice is good advice at this point. Thanks -- www.outlookchallenged.com Br Sense <outlookhelp@ftard.com> wrote: > Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training > for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site > www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback > please. Any advice is good advice at this point. The best advice I have to offer ...

Copying Formulas to rows
Hi All, I have created a book which has various formulas accross a row which are all worked out from figures in that row. But I cant figure how to make the whole sheet use these forumlas, i.e. when i start typing info on row 2 it uses the same formulas as on row 1. The only way I have worked out so far to do this is to copy and paste each row, but this is time consuming and im sure there must be a quicker way? Thanks in advance for your help. -- mdj101 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mdj101's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?a...

FORMULAS please help
Hi there I am trying to create a formula that refences <> numbers in a columm then adds up the from a different columm i.e add b1:b100 only if a1:a100 is >10000 <12000 =46 a b 10000 32 9000 64 12001 86 11999 14 9990 12 One way =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100>10000),--(A1:A10000<12000),B1:B10000) Regards, Peo sjoblom boogie wrote: > Hi there > I am trying to create a formula that refences <> numbers in a columm then > adds up the from a different columm > i.e add b1:b1...

Looking for CRM Solution
Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for residentail, multifamily property management? On Apr 28, 12:55=A0pm, MrB <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for > residentail, multifamily property management? The beauty of Microsoft CRM is that it can be customized for any business in any industry. It's ability to be customized using front- end tools (not within code) is , as far as I know, unparalleled by any other software package. You have the ability to create new entiti...

visual basic in excel -
Hi - I would like to Copy/Paste an area dependant on how many rows there are on a spreadsheet. I was thinking of using something like the below: X = COUNT("D:D") Range("A1:A" & X).Select Selection.Copy Range("D1:D" & X).Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("E4:E" & X).Select Setting X as the COUNT of Column D, then adding '&' X to the Range to set the length of the Copy/Paste. I haven't gotten it to work. Any advice? Thanks! X = Application.COUNT("D:D") you might want COUNTA if there is text in the column -- ...

Formula Help
I have a column of numbers (prices, i.e. 24.32) I want to create a formula that does this (I want to create prices with a markup): If original number is between 0-4.99, then increase by 100% and go up to next ??.95, If original number is between 5-9.99, then increase by 80% and go up to next ??.95, If original number is between 10-19.99, then increase by 50% and go up to next ??.95, etc... Once I have the basic formula then I can adjust it. Can anyone help me solve? Thanks in advance. If you are going to have a few of these, then it would be better to set up a l...

=COUNTA() with multiple look-up
Hi All, I would like to count the number of items that have a value "AAA" in column A and an amount >0 in column B. As I am not quite sure how to incorporate two look-ups in a counta formula I was wondering if anyone can give me the formula? Many thanks! Rgds, Robert Try something like this: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*(B1:B100>0)) or....if there may be some text cells in B1:B100 interspersed with the numbers =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*ISNUMBER(B1:B100)*(B1:B100>0)) Is that something you can work with? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP &...

saving formulas
Hello, Is there a way to save the most commonly used user-generated formula's within excel 2002, then when needed, the formula can be selected from a list of defined formulas? Jay, If you mean VBA UDFs, you could put them in your Personal.xls workbook, in the XLStart directory. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "JayT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C836A30-D6A2-4C24-B7EC-BDB4E26516F0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Is there a way ...

can I edit a picture to look faded?
I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with text over it. "deborahm" <deborahm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D93DD63-8553-447D-A0AC-44EE0E1BD9B3@microsoft.com... > I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with > text > over it. In Publisher you can do it one of two ways. For both ways start by inserting the picture. Method 1, right click on picture and select Format Picture, click on picture tab, then click on the dropdown for Color under Image Control and select wash...

Formulas in source data
I have a chart with twelve months of data that is generated by using a fomula: Cell A1 has the following: =IF(A2>5,A2*A3,"") Cell B1 contains: =IF(B2>5,B2*B3,"") These fomulas go out for twelve cells and are the source data for my line chart. I have only the first six cells with data in them and when I set up my chart I get the first six data points plus six data points at the zero value of the Y-axis. Can I suppress the data points where the formula returns a null value? TIA. You can use the NA() function to do this. "Ken" <Ken@discussions.micro...

Protecting formula
Cell A1= $100 Cell A2= $100 Cell A3= =sum(A1+b1) How do I protect the formula in A3 from being deleted with the deI or backspace keys. Mickey Mickey Highlight the cells you want UN-PROTECTING and then go to Format>Cells...>Protect and un-check the locked box Now protect the sheet via Tools>Protection... This will leave the cells you didn't select, locked -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "Mickey Mouse" <Mickey Mouse@Disneyland.com> wrote in message news:45808130$...

data look up and return values across a row
I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call 'spreadsheet B'. I'd like to remove everything from B that isn't on A. Is there an easy way of doing that? Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Betsey wrote: > > I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need > to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call > &#...

Day format in formula
Can someone please tell me where I am going wrong with the formula in cell K46. I have the following in a spreadsheet :- J K L M 43 01-May-2005 31 Sunday Date/Days Left in Month/Months 44 245 35.000 8.000 No. Days/weeks/Months Left 45 0.596 4.171 18.250 Target No. per Day/Week/Month 46 0.596 18.473 Target No. This Week/Month The relevant formulas are as follows :- J43 =IF(TODAY()>=DATE(2005,6,1),"",IF(TODAY()<DATE(2005,5,1...

Formulas dealing with +/- changes
I have the need to create a formula dealing with the positive or negative change in cells: Example: cell 1: 2.7 cell 2: 2.1 cell 3: 4.2 cell 4: shold equal total change +/- between the above cells Thanks for your help Keith Hi Do you mean the difference between the first and last? That would be cell 3-cell 1 -- Andy. "glissonk" <glissonk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CD280A4-9D17-4DF7-9D73-E12022C8F164@microsoft.com... > I have the need to create a formula dealing with the positive or negative change in cells: > > Example: > > cel...

Looking for basic multiplaction formula
HI ALL, I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) I have tried =(D5*A5) in d14 and then pulling it down to d18 PLEASE HELP ME IVE BEEN AT THIS FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF!! Sounds to me like you had it right... what's not working? In cell D14 enter "=D5*A5" Copy that and paste it in cells D15 to D18. Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel) www.excelguru.ca Concarp wrote: > HI ALL, > I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and > put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) > ...

Timesheet formula problem
Trying to add two rows of times with the result in one cell, but having trouble. When I try to add the two rows together, I get a “$VALUE” result. The result for each row displays fine in the HOURS WORKED column on an individual/per-row basis –– but I need to display just one result for both rows - in the “Row 2” cell of the “HOURS WORKED” column for that day. The formulas for each row are shown below. Times are written in standard AM and PM format. The IF statement are for controls to display standard (12-hr.) time format, a text option for writing in notes, and so that ...

Transitional Formula Entry
Is there a way to set the sheet defaults so that the transitional formula entry is always checked each time a new sheet is added? Roger File>New>Workbook. Delete all but one sheet. Set Tools>Options>Transition to your choice. File>Save As>File Type>Template(*.xlt) Name it SHEET(Excel will add the .xlt) Save it to your Documents and Settings\username\application data\microsoft\excel\XLSTART folder. Inserted new sheets will use this as default. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:32:27 -0800, "Roger" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Looking for sheet to handle MPG, etc
HI I am looking for a sheet to handle gas mileage. things like MPG etc. It would be great to have a ready made sheet to handle this info thanks supermari -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This shouldn't be too difficult unless you attended college at Texas A&M =miles driven/gallons used -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "supermario >" <<supermario.1a3sk4@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:supermario.1a3sk4@excelforum-nospam.com... > HI > I am looking for a sheet to handle gas mileage. > things like MPG etc. &g...