locate square root symbol (not words)

I need to use the actual symbol for square root not the function SQRT in
order to print formula's for a calculus class. I can't find it on the Symbols
tables
0
Samir (5)

Insert>symbol and character code 221A

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Samir" <Samir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to use the actual symbol for square root not the function SQRT in
> order to print formula's for a calculus class. I can't find it on the
> Symbols
> tables

0
peo.sjoblom (169)
8/6/2008 5:12:51 PM
Or, use Insert | Object | Microsoft Equation to add a more complex equation
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Samir" <Samir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to use the actual symbol for square root not the function SQRT in
> order to print formula's for a calculus class. I can't find it on the
> Symbols
> tables

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
8/7/2008 12:12:55 PM
Hi,

Use Alt+0178

Regards,

Jaleel

"Samir" wrote:

> I need to use the actual symbol for square root not the function SQRT in
> order to print formula's for a calculus class. I can't find it on the Symbols
> tables
0
Jaleel (18)
8/7/2008 2:08:00 PM
Sorry, that is for square not square root.

Jaleel

"Samir" wrote:

> I need to use the actual symbol for square root not the function SQRT in
> order to print formula's for a calculus class. I can't find it on the Symbols
> tables
0
Jaleel (18)

blocking specific text in Word
Hello- I am creating a document for a client. There will be certain areas that will be locked and certain areas where my client will need to input information. They wanted to know if there is a way that when their team types in their information that they can block out specific words so they wouldn't be able to type them in. For example, they have a long list of products and only want the client to be able to input certain product words but block out other ones. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks! I don't know of any way to block specific words, but they could us...

Pearson Chi Square Formula for split testing
Looking to split test two groups that have two different response rates & determine if the result is statistically significant. Any ideas how to do this in excel? Thanks. ...

Cannot create link for object word doc. Link to file greyed out
I am trying to do the following in a calendar in Outlook 2007. Insert Object (inserting a linkable Word document into the Calendar) Create from File (I select the file and it shows its path on the network) Link to File is greyed out Does anyone know why the Link to File is greyed out. Thanks, Crazyhorse ...

Chart Location
Hi, How to specify the location of a chart in a sheet (The sheet contains 4 charts).The chart location should vary dynamically depending on the values associated with it. Thanks and Regards, Sumathi Sumathi - You need to specify the coordinates and dimensions of the chart's parent chart object, in pixels. With ActiveChart.Parent '' or With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Top = 50 .Left = 50 .Height = 175 .Width = 225 End With - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTe...

DPM 2010 RC co-locate SQL Server
I'm creating a protection group for SQL Server 2005 SP3 (CU8) with DPM 2010 RC. I have about 15-20 small databases and about 10-15 larger databases. When I create the protection group the option to co-locate is checked (and not gray), but when the protection group is created I end up with many 10gb disk partitions. Isn't co-location supposed to prevent that? I read that the default for co-location is 30 databases (how do I increase that?) so I tried hand picking the larger databases from the list rather than the auto option and only using those in my protection group....

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #9
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Formating to show square meters ie m2
I would like to be able to format in excel the square meters symbol ,which is m with a small 2 just above, is this possible please ? Many thanks Select your range, press Ctrl + 1, go to the Number tab,=20 press Custom and enter: General" m=B2" To enter the 2 hold down the ALT key and type "0178" (no=20 quotes) on your numeric keypad. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I would like to be able to format in excel the square=20 meters symbol ,which is=20 >m with a small 2 just above, is this possible please ? > >Many thanks >. > You ...

Macro location
I have a file called PERSONAL.XLS that contains all my macros.It is located in STRARTXLS I had reason to copy that file and an other Excel file to drive A(Floppy) Now every time I try to run a macro the computer looks to drive A. How can I stop this ? Thanks -- Norton Virus checker 2003 says this email is clean First off, you should never copy files from Excel to a floppy - it gives too many problems because of the way Excel uses its temporary file. The file can get corrupted. Save to our hard drive and copy from there. The change of location is "a feature not a bug" <grin>...

Help adding word doc to excel tab?
Here is the deal. I have an expense report procedure written in word and the expense report itself is in Excel. Boss loves it and oh by the way can you add the Word procedures document into an Excel tab. My answer was sure and now I have farted around with it way to long. Sure can be humbling when what you though you knew wasn't really known at all. I have tried inserting an object, browsing, and picking the word document. Appears to work but only grabs the 1st page of the word doc. I have tried all sorts of things and I won't even mention most of them because all I manage to get fro...

Need help configuring Symbol LS9208 scanner with RMS
I just finished installing the OPOS driver for the scanner and I try to configure it on the Microsoft OPOS Servce Objects but it has been unsuccessful. Please help. Thanks! ...

Link into Word
I have about 25 sheets (2 workbooks) that are linked into Word. I need to make another Word with these links, however the new links will have different values in the same tables. I know to "Save As" in Word the new file name, however, how do I change the Excel file names to maintain the links into the Word file without having to Edit | Links and update the source file for every new link because of the new file name. Any thoughts? Deborah ...

Location Availability
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to setup a location or user for a location so that when people schedule meetings they can see if the area they want to hold the meeting in is available. For example we have a meeting room and a showroom, so I want people to be able to check the availability of these rooms directly in outlook when creating a meeting request. Thank you. I've seen it done with Outlook -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tim" <Myemail@here.com> wrote in message news:11n7egikgheercc@corp.supernews.com... > Can anyone tell me if it i...

black square instead of text
A client of mine has purchased from us Windows XP, and it came with office XP. I transferd her old documents from her old PC made with either 2000 or 97 I dont remember, any way when she opens up some documents the text has been replaced with a big black square. Has anyone heard of this before? It does not occur on all the documents. Thanks in advance, Did you look at the fonts installed on the old PC compared to the new on? Bernard "Brian" <brian@cpointrm.com> wrote in message news:033601c38c33$8ab45280$a301280a@phx.gbl... > A client of mine has purchased from us ...

Manejo de Imagenes en PowerPoint y Word
Al transferir presentaciones y documentos con imagenes (jpg, png, gif principalmente) realizadas en Office 2007 en ambiente PC hacia ambiente Mac Office 2004, algunas de las imagenes de dichos documentos aparecen como cajas negras. Muchisimas gracias por la orientacion que pueda tener para la solucion de este problema. Carlos Lasala Sorry: I answered in English � my Spanish is not up to it :-) On 5/10/07 8:59 AM, in article 1191540586.595659.289850@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com, "carlos.lasala@gmail.com" <carlos.lasala@gmail.com> wrote: > Al transferir presentaciones y...

Integrating Word and Excel
I have an Excel based user friendly application that processes a dataset for use as source data for a mail merge document in Word. To maintain the user friendliness (ie as little user knowledge and interaction required) I am wondering how, if at all, I can accomplish the following: 1) I can launch word and the Word merge document from excel, but how can I return the user from Word back to Excel once the mail merge document has been prepared? (without needing the user to actively participate in closing windows and maneuvering others. 2) Automatically prepare the mail merge docu...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #8
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Linking Excel & Word Documents
Recently while trying to link excel and word documents (as this office has done in the past without problems) I am getting a message saying the disk is too full and to try and free some space. I have removed a large number of files from the computer, however I am still receiving the same message. I try to save and the computer doesnt let me therefore I am losing alot of information each day when the time comes to shutdown. My computer is the administrator in a network of 3 computers. I am using both Word & Excel 97. Can anybody advise me on how I can prevent this problem in the...

Problem with Euro symbol
I have a persistent problem, and would like to know if anybody can reproduce it. I am using MS Money 2006 Deluxe (trial version). In the currencies, Euro symbol is set up incorrectly - some blubberish is displayed instead of the correct symbol. When I go and update it to the correct symbol (copying it from the character map), it works ok. But when I after that close MS Money and in syncs data, it crashes with the error. After restarting, the Euro symbol is again set incorrectly - i.e. in the default state. Can anyone reproduce it? -- Dmitry Korolyov [d__k@removethispart.mail.ru] MVP:...

PF
Does this folder need to be replicated to my new E2k3 server from the E2k3 server that is being rebuilt? I am about ready to do a reset of the system folders GUID since all of my clients are getting the "cannot update free/ busy information" Back History: Inherited a frickin' mess. A 5.5 migration that wasn't completed (server nuked and not uninstalled properly) Was able to remove, had to change some AD Attributes for siteFolderServer since it was pointing to the deleted 5.5 server, solved my OAB problems strangely enough. However PF replication between the two servers are...

How to bring non Word documents to Word 2007 in the same format
Hi, I think I am a very bright guy(two doctorates), but admit I am computer iliterate in certain areas. I would like to bring some legal documents to 2007 Word in the same format that they are in and highlight certain sentences for emphasis. When I bring such a legal document to Word 2007 it only shows the sentences of the actual legal document but not even looking closely like the original document. I heard that the OCR makes this impossible to do and if that is the case then I am left with taking a yellow highlighter and highlighting these sentences myself and then making copie...

I cannot import a word document in to Publisher
"mcattlin" <mcattlin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB9A5204-71E7-4B21-8686-F09F7BA1404A@microsoft.com... > Well gee you may need an import license or something. Or if you want some help a few details IN THE BODY OF THE MESSAGE would be nice. Clues!!! Error Message Pub Version? Word Version? OS Version? Error Message? Method:- Copy paste? Error Message? -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? I can. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranti...

Chart Location Choice
I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot select the chart location. The only one allowed is "As new sheet". The alternate ""As object in" is ghosted out! what did I do wrong?? I have checked tools-option? I disabled macros? Is the sheet protected, preventing insertion of any objects. Regards, Peter T "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598ADFDC-9F61-40F0-AB4A-08023022BB9F@microsoft.com... >I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot > select the chart...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #7
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Euro symbol will not display correctly
When I try to enter the Euro symbol it just displays a vertical line as the symbol rather than the correct symbol. However in another workbook it displays correctly. If I try to copy and paste it to the problem workbook, the euro symbol converts to the vertical line. It is as though the code for that symbol recognises it as another symbol. How can I get the Euro symbol to display? By making sure that your font contains the symbol. You may need an updated version of the font file. "Marcelo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C63D5174-2C95-4E54-93E6...

How to locate differences between two sheets/ranges?
Well, here's my problem: each day here at work I receive a file with updated info on specific data. Form is always the same -specific number of columns with the same type of data, only the number of rows may change. However, every day I have to go through the data to see what has been changed and/or what has been added/dropped. Is there any way to do this easily? Kind regards Th Hi Have a look here for some ideas. I'm sure one of them will suit: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Andy. "Gryzor" <Gryzor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...