Locate a specific row or column

Hi all,

Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to
dray the scroll bar?

Clara

thank you so much for your help
0
Clara (5)

In VBA code, you can use:
Range("D100").Activate
' Or
Range("D1:D100").Select
' Depending on if you want only one cell highlighted or a range of cells.
--
Best wishes,

Jim

"clara" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to
> dray the scroll bar?
>
> Clara
>
> thank you so much for your help
0
JimJackson (21)
3/22/2007 12:56:00 PM
Hi Clara

Have you tried  goto in the Edit menu (or shortcut Ctrl + G)
Example; to go to row 100 type A100 in the reference box.

Sandy

"clara" <clara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Could you tell me how to locate a specific row instead of using Mouse to
> dray the scroll bar?
>
> Clara
>
> thank you so much for your help

blocking specific text in Word
Hello- I am creating a document for a client. There will be certain areas that will be locked and certain areas where my client will need to input information. They wanted to know if there is a way that when their team types in their information that they can block out specific words so they wouldn't be able to type them in. For example, they have a long list of products and only want the client to be able to input certain product words but block out other ones. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks! I don't know of any way to block specific words, but they could us...

Chart Location
Hi, How to specify the location of a chart in a sheet (The sheet contains 4 charts).The chart location should vary dynamically depending on the values associated with it. Thanks and Regards, Sumathi Sumathi - You need to specify the coordinates and dimensions of the chart's parent chart object, in pixels. With ActiveChart.Parent '' or With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Top = 50 .Left = 50 .Height = 175 .Width = 225 End With - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTe...

Macro to Combine 2 columns to make one column without merging
I found this macro courtesy of Dave: Option Explicit Sub testme02() Dim myRng As Range Dim myArea As Range Dim myRow As Range Dim myCell As Range Dim myStr As String Set myRng = Selection Application.DisplayAlerts = False For Each myArea In myRng.Areas If myArea.Columns.Count > 1 Then For Each myRow In myArea.Rows myStr = "" For Each myCell In myRow.Cells myStr = myStr & " " & myCell.Text Next myCell myRow.Merge acros...

DPM 2010 RC co-locate SQL Server
I'm creating a protection group for SQL Server 2005 SP3 (CU8) with DPM 2010 RC. I have about 15-20 small databases and about 10-15 larger databases. When I create the protection group the option to co-locate is checked (and not gray), but when the protection group is created I end up with many 10gb disk partitions. Isn't co-location supposed to prevent that? I read that the default for co-location is 30 databases (how do I increase that?) so I tried hand picking the larger databases from the list rather than the auto option and only using those in my protection group....

Display a list of unique values from a column with multiple instances
Hi- I have a list in a column (column A) that has many duplicate values. I am looking to create a list of the unique values from column A into another column (column F). I just want to display the values from col A into col F without deleting any values from col A. From there I am planning on doing a countif based on the value in col F to see how many duplicates I have. I want to do this dynamically because anyone can add a new value in col A but I don't want to have to manually compare unique values in col A against col F to do the counts. Col A contains ID numbers that can be repeat...

Excel Columns Problem
Hello Fellow Excel users, I have alittle problem which i hope somebody can point me in the right direction Picture my screen in excel Col A is a list of Names with Multiple entries for the same person Col B is a number ranging from 0 to 7 eg A B Joe Bloggs 1 Jim Smith 2 Joe Bloggs 4 Pete Smith 5 Jim Smith 4 What i want to create is another list where Col A is a list of names Just 1 entry per name Col B the sum of all entries for that persons name e...

A simple macro to make every 3rd row a specific background color???
How would I make a simple macro script that would make every third row color of my choosing, as in rows 3, 6, 9, etc. Is there an easy way to do such a simple task -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You don't need a macro, and if you used one you would lose the integrity of the colouring anytime you sorted the data, or deleted cells etc. Use a conditional format to do this and it will not move when you sort the rows:- Do CTRL+A, then Format / Conditional Formatting / Change 'cell value is' to 'formula is' and put in =MOD(ROW(),2)=1 Now click on the for...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #9
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Breaking up one field into 2 columns and 2 rows
I have a table with 3 columns Totals, SalesOffice and Type. Type contains 4 different entries Cash Contribution, Cash Distribution, Security Contribution and Security Distribution. I want to set the report up like this: SalesOffice Contributions Distributions Net Cash Securities I can't figure out how to get it to display correctly. I've tried using 4 labels with =IIF([Type]="Cash Contribution","[Totals],"") =IIF([Type]="Cash Distribution","[Totals],"") ...

Multiple Row Format Link
I have 3 row format: RowDtl, RowMiddle, RowSum. The result in RowDtl (row number=R1TOT) need to pass to RowMiddle, and the result in RowMiddle (row number=R2TOT) need to pass to RowSum. In RowSum, I had a row link to RowMiddle, and in RowMiddle, I had a row link to RowDtl. I created a Tree with RowSum as the Parent (row format=RowSum) and two child: RowMiddle (row format=RowMiddle) and the other child RowDtl (row format=RowDtl). but the calculated figure does not seems to pass correctly, did not pass at all !! any advice is much appreciated. thks in advance. ...

Macro location
I have a file called PERSONAL.XLS that contains all my macros.It is located in STRARTXLS I had reason to copy that file and an other Excel file to drive A(Floppy) Now every time I try to run a macro the computer looks to drive A. How can I stop this ? Thanks -- Norton Virus checker 2003 says this email is clean First off, you should never copy files from Excel to a floppy - it gives too many problems because of the way Excel uses its temporary file. The file can get corrupted. Save to our hard drive and copy from there. The change of location is "a feature not a bug" <grin>...

Location Availability
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to setup a location or user for a location so that when people schedule meetings they can see if the area they want to hold the meeting in is available. For example we have a meeting room and a showroom, so I want people to be able to check the availability of these rooms directly in outlook when creating a meeting request. Thank you. I've seen it done with Outlook -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tim" <Myemail@here.com> wrote in message news:11n7egikgheercc@corp.supernews.com... > Can anyone tell me if it i...

Row Height Mystery
It's a mystery to me anyway... Here's my situation: I have a file with multiple sheets... I selected 5 sheets in this file and changed the row height to 16.5 ... Later, I checked the height of the row by moving the cursor to one of the row indicators and clicking when the cursor turned into a double-headed arrow... It now says 17.25 ... This is fine except that on one of the 5 sheets, the automatic page break is in a different spot then the other 4 sheets... The double headed arrow says the row height is 17.25 but when I check the row height by selecting the entire row is stil...

Combine columns of data into time
I have three columns of data, one each for hours, min, seconds. How do I combine these three columns into one time formated column? Thanks, Kevin Assume the hours start in A2, minutes in B2 and seconds in C2, in a 4th column use this formula and copy down, custom format [hh]:mm:ss =A2/24+TIME(,B2,C2) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Kevin Howard" <kevinh@mackie.com> wrote in message news:0f2b01c38c3b$26f586d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have three columns of data, one each for hours, min, > seconds. How do I combine these three columns into one > time formated colu...

EXPERT HELP REQUIRED
Thanks for your reply but sorry dont understand that at all,......an chance of explaining to a mere novice -- Esson ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Essonc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1465 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26273 Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html#example s >-----Original Message----- > >Thanks for your reply but sorry dont understand that at all,......any >chance of explaining to a mere novice? > > >-- &...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #8
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Routing outbound email for specific domain to a different SMTP rel
Hello all, I am hoping someone knows how to make an exchange 2003 server hosting multiple domains to send outbound email from one of these domains to an SMTP gateway outside of the organization. Let's say the server has 3 domains, A, B and C; which send outbound email thru the smtp virtual server or an smtp connector. This virtual server or connector relays the company's smtp gateway. Now I need domain C to be relayed thru a different SMTP gateway. This is not a common scenario, which I haven't found in any Exchange documentation. Another way to accomplish this would be an...

Count rows b/w values and insert that # of rows elsewhere
Hello, I have a worksheet as follows: ColA ColB ColC A value value value value value value L value value value value I value value value value value value TOTAL The number of rows between A and L and between L and I and between I and TOTAL will vary. (A to L usually 10-15, L-I usually 10-15, I to TOTAL usually 30-150) I'm trying to run VBA (CommandButton) to count the number of rows between each identifier- Dim intRowCountA As Integer Dim intRowCountL As Integer Dim int...

Where is the best spot to put a Total row?
I am having trouble figuring out the 'best practice' for where to put a total row. I am sending excel files out to many people, who will all maintain (and send back to me) their individual sheets. Their sheets involve frequent adding of lines, occasional removing of lines, and frequent editing of existing lines. They are not skilled (at all) with Excel, and I am writing some code to pull their sheets into a database. Problem is, they want a total row, and like it just below their data. When I do this, it seems to get sucked into the sorts, filters etc, and makes it harde...

Convert MonthName back to Number or create invisible bound column in listbox
Hi all,I know you can convert a number into a monthname easily or a full dateinto a name easily but can you convert text like Aug, Sep etc back to8,9?The reason I want to do this is because I want to show Aug 2006, Sep2006 in a listbox but I want the listbox value to be 200608 etc. I'vespecifically converted an original 200608 into the nice looking Aug2006 and I want to convert it back but am not sure how to do it. I'vealso tried having the recordsouce query have 2 columns (Aug 2006 and200608) but only display 1 (the Aug 2006) and have the bound column bethe 2nd column, but then the ...

Chart Location Choice
I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot select the chart location. The only one allowed is "As new sheet". The alternate ""As object in" is ghosted out! what did I do wrong?? I have checked tools-option? I disabled macros? Is the sheet protected, preventing insertion of any objects. Regards, Peter T "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598ADFDC-9F61-40F0-AB4A-08023022BB9F@microsoft.com... >I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot > select the chart...

Named Range Header Row in Excel 2007
Lately I've been seeing the row ABOVE my named range as containing the headers when doing a Data / Sort with the "My data has headers" box checked. Does this make sense? I suspect that I've changed some option somewhere to cause this but I = can't find it now. Thanks. ...

How to display each column in one row to each shape?
I have an Excel file like this: Unique_ID 1 Name: Tom Class: A And then I have 3 shapes in a viviso drawing I want to display "1" in one of these shapes, "Tom" in the second one, "A" in the last one using Macro. Please help me the code to do that as soon as possible. Thanks so much what version of visio are you using? In v2007 professional you can link data to shapes, in earlier versions you have to write interop code to do it. There are some good examples in david edson's book (check John Marshall's site visio.mvps.org for other references as w...

how to resize columns without affecting columns above?
How do i construct a table of columns adjusting the coulumn widths without affecting the graphs above? Right click over the chart, choose, Format Chart Properties. From the userform that pops up, choose the Properties dialog and select Don't move or size with cells. -- http://www.ExcelHelp.us ed@ExcelHelp.us 888-MY-ETHER ext. 01781474 "ggault" wrote: > How do i construct a table of columns adjusting the coulumn widths without > affecting the graphs above? ...

How do I sort inbox on two columns
A person can sort the inbox by (for example) clicking on the top of the date colun. After a few seconds the list is sorted by date. Click on the from column and after a few seconds the list is sorted by "from" but what if I would llike to sort by from within date or date within from, or any other combiation of two columns. How can I do that? K View-> Arrange By-> Custom...-> Group By: From-> Sort: received -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, A...