Load Data Under Column Headings

My data are stock prices that I want to use with Metastock. I have as column
headers: Date, Stock Name, Open, High, Low, Close, Stock Code. How do I load
stock data with their fields under the respective column headings, perhaps,
by just clicking on the file name, without using cut & paste. How do I
protect the heading row from being overwritten?
0
THOMAS1 (129)

How can I draw a circle on a graph using point data and the axis?
I am working with Mohr circles and I want to draw a circle on my graphs using a data point (x,y) values to make the circles. Now if I were using a compass, I would set my compass point on the x-axis at the x-value and then draw a circle with radius (y) around that point making certain that I intercept the x-axis at distance (x + y), (x - y) and point (x,y). I am trying to figure out if there is someway I can conveniently construct these circles in excel rather than printing out the graph and then hand-drawing them over the plotted data points. I haven't done Mohr's Circle sin...

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01CA7D92.03F9F310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi there, I get "loading network card information ...error provider load failure" = when I go and use systeminfo.exe . How can I fix this? Thanks, Gordon ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01CA7D92.03F9F310 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN&qu...

Grouping data query
Hi, I've got grouped sql sitting in an excel sheet as follows: Cat Supplier Amount A A 1 A B 12 A D 7 B B 23 B C 9 B E 30 I'm trying to create grouped bars on Category, with bars in the groups representing the amounts per supplier. I've tried getting the Chart wizard to do this to no avail, as each line becomes a bar Excel 2003. What am I missing? Thanks, Alex Hi Alex, You want to look into PivotTables and PivotCharts for grouping. Microsoft.com and the internet have lots of info ...

OWA (Not Loading)
Does anyone know of any issues with Satellite Service and the right side of OWA not loading. The left side loads but the user cannot see anything on the right. OWA works from any other connection. Thanks, KG ...

SOS,how to load a invalid or damaged .gif file to create Image Object.
hi everyone. my question is this:how to load a .gif image file that is invalid or damaged image format? Notice,I want to load the invalid damaged image file to operate it. my code is below,but all of they are not correct. -------- 1.Image.FromFile(fileName);load from a file directly,it throws a OutOfMemoryException.In msdn,it's mean the file is a invalid image format. 2.Image.FromStream(stream);load from stream,it throws a ArgumentException. -------- ps:IE and Google Picasa can load and display the damaged .gif file correct. Or there is any other methods to operate the i...

Sum a column based on a date
I have invoice dates in Column A and their dollar amount in column F. I would like to have another cell say January. And each invoice with a date in January would be added there to make the Total for all invoices in January. Is there a formula to do this? -- karstens ------------------------------------------------------------------------ karstens's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17657 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493626 =SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(A2:A200)=2005),--(MONTH(A2:A200)=1),F2:F200) -- HTH Bob Phil...

Auto filter and data validation
Hi I am wondering if it is possible to link an auto filter to a data validation list so that the column of data with the auto filter can be hidden and the selection of the autofilter is driven by what is chosen in the data validation list cell, thanks You could use an Advanced Filter in combination with a data validation list. There's a sample file here: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under Filters, look for 'Filter for Date Range' Momo wrote: > Hi I am wondering if it is possible to link an auto filter to a data > validation list so that the column o...

Error loading CRM 3.0 Client with Outlook
I receive error message "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM Functionality" when starting Outlook with CRM 3.0 client installed. I have uninstalled CRM, Office, and cleaned the register using Register Mechanic. I am now getting the same error with an event error "A problem occurred initializing Microsoft CRM COM interopt". Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. I have the exact same issue has anyone found a solution to this? I am running all avialable updates on both Office 2003 and XP Pro, I DO NOT have the Business Contact Manager for Outlook installed. "rtop...

Highlight rows of data based on value
Is there a way to highlight groups of data automatically by value. Part Number ABC ABC ABC BBB BBB CAD CAD BAD I would like to highlight all the ABC one color and the BBB another and so on automatically. tia, ko Not too easily using multiple colors but could be done using Conditional Formatting. Depends upon how many "and so on's" there are and how hard you want to work on this. Easy enough to use Conditional Formatting to color-band alternate groups using two colors only. See Chip Pearson's site for how-to. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ContentBanding.aspx Gord Dib...

loading web application project suddonly takes 5 mintues and says "Contacting server to open Web project.." wile it takes 5 minutes to load. how to fix? i tried reregistering asp.net and iisreset. no
loading web application project suddonly takes 5 mintues and says "Contacting server to open Web project.." wile it takes 5 minutes to load. how to fix? i tried reregistering asp.net and iisreset. no progres. ...

Totaling values in a column WITHOUT a formula in Word 2004
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3183151181_1387055 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit In previous versions of MS Word (under Mac 9.x and prior), It was a simple matter of highlighting a whole column in a table, hitting a command (Command =, I believe) or clicking on the Calculate icon and the total would be instantly copied to the clipboard as well as being shown in the lower left hand corner of the window. I�m now looking f...

Data loss when saved as CSV
Hi, An Excel file contains data which comprises of Japanese characters. Using VBA, i read the .Xls file and save part of the data as anothe .CSV file. If i open the new CSV, the Japanese characters and displaying a "?????". Is there any way to supress this behaviour? Regards mtpSures -- mtpsures ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mtpsuresh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3181 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55883 ...

data extraction
I want to extract each row from a range when one specifice value exists in that row. CATS CAT1 CAT2 CAT3 CAT4 01 02 09 53 74 01 02 01 02 54 87 55 01 02 01 02 04 74 75 01 02 04 22 29 01 02 04 54 01 02 04 04 41 01 02 04 04 52 From the example above, I want to list the data from each row when "04" exists in any of the rows columns. The complete range is 207 columns and 1395 rows. There are a total of 25 columns that could contain the value I filter by. Add a new column and use a formula like: =countif(a2:Z2,"04") and drag down Then filter to show gr...

Find number of times certain words show up in a column
I have a spreadsheet with roughly 2000 rows and 4 columns with column "A" having model Par Numbers (which contain alphanumeric characters). I need to end up with a count of how many times each PN shows up. The result can be in the same sheet or a new one, but must be a list of unique PNs and their respective count. Since I have to do this twice weekly it becomes very time consuming to do it manually. Can someone help me with this? Thanks, Hi To create a list of unique PN, select column A, goto Data > Advanced Filter > Action: Copy to another location > Co...

IE7 and Excel marco "file error: data may have been lost" + "571212 application defined or object defined error"
Since i installed IE7 on one of the clients i cant open a certain excel file which includes some macro's. I can open this excel-file on every other pc without problems. The file contains some buttons which activate some macro's. After i open the file on the client with IE7 installed i receive the error 'file error: data may have been lost' after i click OK I receive the message 'runtime error 57121: application-defined or object defined-error' Does anyone know what may cause this problem? Joshua Does nobody has an idea?:-( BTW i'm using Excel 2000 and the client...

Purchasing Request Resolution missing data
V10, Sp3 and we use Manufacturing, I can look at a component on the Workbench or the PAB inquiry window and in April 2009, the Projected available balance goes negative, but the Request resolution window does not suggest a PO. I have looked through all the setup in the Item resource planning window but do not see anything incorrect. What am I missing? -- Doug ...

adding a data series to a chart with variable inputs.
I recorded a macro to make a chart, and wanted to replace some of the series with variables. Here is the part that I get the error on: "advanced homeland securityact" is the name of the tab the data is on and chrt is a variable for the row. ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).XValues = _ "='Advanced Homeland Securityact'!R1C9:R1C20" ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).Values = _ "='Advanced Homeland Securityact'!" & Range(Cells(chrt, 9), Cells(chrt, 20)) ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(2).Name = "="&quo...

Value from last non black cell in a column
I'm trying to figure out how to get the value from the last non-blank cell in a column but can't seem to figure out a formula to type in my cell to get that value... Any ideas? TIA ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Found the answer: I added a module with this code: Function LASTINCOLUMN(rngInput As Range) Dim WorkRange As Range Dim i As Integer, CellCount As Integer Application.Volatile Set WorkRange = rngInput.Columns(1).EntireColumn Set Wo...

What do I load ?
Hello. I'm trying to develop a web comsuming client using VS.NET 2003(VB), .NET Framework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322, WSE2.0 on a WinXP Pro Sp2 comuter. If i comsume this web service: https://xatanet.net/xatanetwebservice/tripexportservice.asmx and do this operation: RetrieveArchivedTrips using: Dim strDate As Date = "2006-04-01" Dim endDate As Date = "2006-04-28" proxy.RetrieveArchivedTrips(strDate, endDate) What do I load when i use the following statements in my program: Dim doc as XmlDocument = new XmlDocument() doc.Load() Any...

How to right justify text in a listbox column.
How do I right justify text in a listbox column? I tried padding with spaces but it just seems to strip them off. On Mar 6, 12:55=A0pm, cr113 <cr...@hotmail.com> wrote: I forgot to mention I'm using Access 2007. On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 10:56:12 -0800 (PST), cr113 <cr113@hotmail.com> wrote: Yes you can. Here is an example using the Northwind sample database. I created a new form with a listbox on it, and set the RowSource to: SELECT [Customers].[ID], Space$(30-len([Customers].[Company])) & [Customers].[Company] FROM [Customers]; Then I set the font to a non-prop...

Integration Manager Data Source
I am trying to find out the best practice for bringing data from SQL tables (other than Great Plains Tables) as the data source for an integration using Integration Manager. As I mentioned, the data resides in SQL tables from an operational database and I will be creating Accounts Payable Transactions. The data is in different tables and it will be necessary to query those tables and set some date range (parameters) to get the data set that will be imported in Great Plains. It will be ideal if the user can enter the beginning and ending date upon starting the integration in IM. If t...

Passing data between classes
Hi, This isn't really a MFC specific question but anyways... I'm trying to pass a global variable (m_hInst) of my main dialog class (CMyDialog) to another dialog but can't find the proper way to do it. When I call CMyDialog::m_hInst it tells me it's an illegal reference to non-static member. I understand that but how the hell am I supose to access this variable and have the value I have set within my main dialog class (CMyDialog) !? TIA, Max. How about providing method in your dialog to access the variable and pass your dialog pointer to the other dialog. Essentially you wi...

new web query ( import data )
I knoticed that you can download tables into excel from a URL or web site. mutiple tabples can be selected, however when I selected tables from a different part of the URL during the same web query it only downloaded one of the selections not all of them. Is there anyway you can download mutiple tables with out conducting many new web queries? thanks Josh ...

Excel retain data and date
I am developing a excel day planner I am using dropdown menus to select the day, month, and year how do I get it to piece day, month, and year how to I get it to do something like this Wedensday, 14 December 2005 and place that into another cell, and retain the data once it is populated. -- Robb =date(a1,b1,c1) =date(yearcell, monthcell, daycell) Give it a custom format of dddd, dd mmmm yyyy You may want to even check first: =if(count(a1,b1,c1)<3,"",date(a1,b1,c1)) Robb @ FLW wrote: > > I am developing a excel day planner I am using dropdown menus to select the &g...

Export of data
CAn I export more than 1 account into a single QIF file using Money 2004 thanks No. Accounts are exported to qif one at a time. "Girish N" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16d8501c417e6$c2071ee0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > CAn I export more than 1 account into a single QIF file > using Money 2004 > thanks No. "Girish N" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16d8501c417e6$c2071ee0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > CAn I export more than 1 account into a single QIF file > using Money 2004 > thanks ...