Limited Page Printing problem; Blue Dashed Line Delineating End Of Document ?

Hello,

Have been using Excel 97 for some time now, but have never run across this
before.
Still consider myself a new user, though.

In the middle of my workbook, about 1/2 way down, Excel now has a dashed
blue line
inserted.

I cannot print anything below the line, as it is apparently taking the line
as delineating the end of my workbook, I guess.

How do I get rid of this line, or indicator, and get back to being able to
print
"everything", please ?

BTW: how did it get there in the first place ?  E.g., what might I have done
inadvertently, just so
I can learn ?

Thanks,
Bob

0
rgsros (38)

I haven't used xl97 in a long time, but the first thing I'd try is to reset the
print range:

File|Print area|clear print area

Then make sure I was in a normal view
View|Normal

--

Dave Peterson
0

Protection problem #2
Hope someone can help. I have a shared workbook with a summary sheet which consolidates all other sheets. I set this up and it all worked nicely.However I am now getting an error when trying to consolidate data. [The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefor read only]. When I go to unprotect the sheet the option to 'unprotect sheet' is greyed out. The other worksheets have the option to 'protect sheet' greyed out. Anyone have any ideas why this is. I could rebuild the summary sheet, no big job but it is frustrating. Thanks Russ Hi changing the p...

"end program" response to Ken
Thanks for the help, Ken. I guess I should have mentioned that I had closed my outlook program (always do). Yet, windows still reads it as open for some reason. What next? Joel If this is addressed to me then I have no idea what the thread was that relates to this message. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press Lead Author, Beginning VB 6 Application Development, Wrox Press Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm Extended Reminders http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm ...

Problem w/ Historical AR Trial Balance
I'm getting for following error when running a receivables historical aged trial balance in Dynamics GP: "Unspecified error occurred on SQL server. Connection may have been terminated by the server. The stored procedure rmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results: DBMS -127, GP: 0." I've tried everything, but can not get the report to run. HELP!! Dear Warren, I guess you need to do more investigations on this issue, please check DEXLOG file or do a trace using SQL Server profile to get the exact technical problem, this will identify your problem. ...

SFO problems when going offlin
Hi, I have a client where one of the salepeople goes offline. He has 210 contacts when online yet only 9 of these get replicated to the Outlook client. Oddly, one of these belongs to another user. Has anyone come across this before and know what I should do ? By the way the user is using XP SP2 and they have a salesperson security role against a 1.2 Sales Professional Licence. To add to this I looked at the MSDE error log and the last entry on each is as follows (the time varies on each) 2005-05-17 07:44:37.64 spid3 SQL global counter collection task is created. 2005-05-17 10:10:0...

File Size Limit??
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the file size of an Excel 2000 document. We've got a guy here who has a 63Mb spreadsheet, and keeps wondering why he's getting "Out of memory" messages every time he opens it. I've put an extra 512Mb in his PC, but he's still getting lock-ups. He's convinced that there are no limits to the size of the file, but I'm pretty certain that there is... Anyone help? Thanks, Jon. The limit is memory. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

cell color problems
After changing my Windows color scheme, I discovered that all the cells in one of my spreadsheet were the background color. I wanted to restore them to a white background. Strangely enough, only one existing spreadsheet is effected; new spreadsheets have the default white color. I tried all Format Cells options to restore a white color. This worked ok, but I could no longer see gridlines displayed even though Tools / Options / View tab / Gridlines box is checked. Finally, I used Format / Auto Fomrat / None. This restored my gridlines but to my amazement, my spreadsheet ballooned from 500...

report new page for each alpha
I have a report that produces an alphabetic directory, with the entries for each new letter (A, B, C,) starting on a new page. I have one letter, U, which has only one entry, and for some reason it is coming out on the last T page (it is the only single-entry letter which happens to fall behind a "full" page, where there isn't room on the previous page - but there are plenty of other "short" pages where it correctly does a page break before a letter. Any reason a particular letter (and it's not the only single-entry letter) might not break pages proper...

access2007 option group dotted line box around text
I have an access 2007 application with a form with a unbound option box with three option buttons and labels. When I select them sometimes the dotted box shows around 2 of the labels. The options have values 1, 2 and 3. Not sure why it is not just showing the dotted line box around the selected option? Any tips to fix it? Mark see my previous post for suggestions and resolution. I accidentally thought a deleted this one and it didn't post. Mark "Mark Andrews" <mandrewsNOSPAM@rptsoftware.com> wrote in message news:Okuv5ohaKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05....

Limits
I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column. ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that. The code you would write in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within the range you want. ...

Problem using Match on columns of numbers with leading zeroes formatted as text ???
In my test run, I was using a column of first names in workbook A to check and flag their presence in workbook B, The code given to me by Marcus here worked fine. No problem at all. .. When I switched to the real problem by replacing my columns of data with numbers with leading zeroes, the columns being already formatted as text, the program did not find Matches. .. In both workbooks columns of data, cells have an automatic Excel comment that says : "The number in this cell is formatted as text or preceded by an apostrophe". .. What am I missing here ? Is there a spe...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...

Help! IF function is too limited
Hi! I've created a drop-down list of cities in a cell, under which there are two more cells to be filled out with the address and zip codes corresponding to each of the cities. How can I do this, knowing that the original list is a three-column list made of city-address-zip? -- Ringo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ringo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470178 Use VLOOKUP into the original; list using the DV value =VLOOKUP(B...

Auto Archiving Problem
Every Monday, when my auto archiving is supposed to run, for the past 6 weeks I have gotten the following message: Error while archiving folder "sent items" in store "personal folders". [OK] I tried running the Inbox repair tool but that hasn't helped. Any other suggestions? Can Outlook be forced to perform the auto-archiving operation? How? Thanks Henry What version of Outlook? How many items are in the Sent Items folder in the archive file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will N...

Password management and Crystal Reports problem.
We've run into a problem with passwords in GP 7.0. We're trying to use Crystal Reports to do custom reporting, and the user should be able to use their GP login/password in Crystal. However apparently GP will encrypt or otherwise obfuscate the users password if the user is setup through GP. This then prevents the user from using their GP login/password as their actual password is different than what they set it to. If I manually set their password using Enterprise Manager then they can use the same login/password for both GP and Crystal, but they are no longer able to change their pas...

E2K communication problem
Hi NG, we have 2 e2k servers (running on win 2000) installed in the same administrative group, one is located in another subnet. Routing and DNS/WINS is fine. Since a few weeks the mail flow stucks on the second server. Mail delivery is only possible in one direction. The problem can only be solved by restarting the second server. All server are running with the latest servicepacks and patches (windows and exchange). Can anyone help? Joe Sorry - forgot to say that in the application log event 9316 - MSEXCHANGEMTA - is logged. But all kb�s I found couldn�t help me out. "Joe" &...

Report pages
I have a template that I created a report to do an easy mail merge. I have 2 1/2 pages done but can't get the remainder of the 3rd page? Any suggestions what I need to do that I can get the total 3 pages in? LG, Your question impies you have a Word template. This newsgroup is for Microsoft Access a database software. Scroll a wee bit further down in the Microsoft interface to get to the Word newgroup. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm &quo...

Q: Rules limit
There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298) Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? For me already three users have addressed with such requests :- Thanks Alexander Kenin This is not a configurable limit. It's limited by the size of one RPC packet. "Kenin Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80981636-20EB-4C64-B514-F9BCA635AFE7@microsoft.com... > There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298). > Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? > For me already thre...

Print format changes when emailed to others
I have a large multiple worksheet excel book that is formatted in landscape mode. When this book is sent to other people they wind up having to reset print page breaks etc..Yet if I email this to my other computer all is well. Anyone got an idea on what may be happening here? Thanks, Bill ...

File Folder labels printing
I am trying to print labels in order to organize our file system better. there are four types of information that will appear on each label corresponding to four columns in a work sheet. i have tried to do it through mail merge but i t won't set up right . i want it to be 2 lines on label . top line woulbd be a company name left justified and a machine type right justified the second line would be set up the same. mail merge won't allow me to do this . can anyone help ? can it be done through excel alone ? i am working off office 97. Hi thisn should be possible using Word (...

Printer Problem
I have two Lexmark printers a T630 and a S 1620. Reports printed on the T630 come out fine. On the S1620 the fonts are squished. The report is sent to both printers from the same workstation. I have updated the S1620 with the latest print drivers. The Dex.ini file shows the T630 as IP_XXX.XXX.XX.XLexmark T630=0;0 and the S1620 as IP_XXX.XXX.XX.Xwinspool=0;0 Also the Dynamics DebugLog.txt shows the S1620 driver as winspool. Anyone got any ideas where the "winspool" came from or how to change it to "Lexmark S1620"? Thanks ...

Shared Xml file problem when xsd.exe is used
Hi All, I am having three XML files. One called SimpleTypes.xsd from which ComplexTypes.xsd is constructed. Then, there is another file called InformationExchangeModel.xsd that uses types in complexTypes.xsd to construct messages. I am having all sorts of problems validating these xsd files in XML spy version 5 release 4. It always complains about "undefined value for 'type' encountered". Here is the scenario SimpleTypes.xsd **************** <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema&quo...

Limiting Internet Email for Users
I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop Internet Email. This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14B7AF2C-73E3-4601-84F9-3F7B95043B72@microsoft.com... > I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop...

Limit outgoing mail limit before send
Hi all Is there any method to avoid to send mail if the mail size is over a preset limit? If I set it in Exchange, the mail will first send to Exchange server and check the size. Any method to check the size before send to server? I got this problem since the connection speed is slow, not like local 100m network. Exchange server and the client Outlook XP PC is far away, connect with a 64K line only. Thanks ...

Printing what I have typed on the monitor
I get a different look on the page when I choose print preview that what I am seeing on my monitor. What view are you switching from: Normal/Draft or Print Layout? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "limabean" <limabean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2A3EF34-00D9-495D-BEB5-250E4CF9C0AF@microsoft.com... >I get a different look on the page when I choose print preview that what I >am > seeing on my monitor. ...

Line spacing in text boxes for web pages
For some reason, the text formatting menu in the web page project area doesn't have an option for changing the line spacing from double-spaced. I want the text on my web pages to be single spaced. In all the other projects, you can use the text formatting menu to change the line spacing but I don't see that anywhere on my web page project. Surely, web pages don't *have* to be double- spaced? They *don't* have to be anything. Have you read the HELP file? How *would* we know when *you* don't tell us what version of Publisher you are using!!! Pity you *don't* hav...