league table?

Hi

I am basically trying to organize the results I have gathered into a league
table format. At the moment my results form is pretty basic, it has a name
column, weekly points column and finally a total points column.

Please could someone explain a way I could have it where all I'd have to do
is update the results page and the table would update automatically.

Many thanks

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LeagueTable.html

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"jon s" <jon s @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am basically trying to organize the results I have gathered into a
> league
> table format. At the moment my results form is pretty basic, it has a name
> column, weekly points column and finally a total points column.
>
> Please could someone explain a way I could have it where all I'd have to
> do
> is update the results page and the table would update automatically.
>
> Many thanks

0
BobNGs (423)
10/15/2008 3:30:50 PM
Do you intend to publish the weekly results as well as the total?
Do you want all weekly figures to appear?
Are you intending to print it?
Do you need the teams to be in the same order each week before you make the
entries for that weeks score?
I'm thinking of two tables in the worksheet - one for your data entry and
another to publish
Data from the entry table populates the publish table by simple =a1 =a2 etc
Then we have two short macros - one to sort by totals and the other by team

"jon s" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am basically trying to organize the results I have gathered into a league
> table format. At the moment my results form is pretty basic, it has a name
> column, weekly points column and finally a total points column.
>
> Please could someone explain a way I could have it where all I'd have to do
> is update the results page and the table would update automatically.
>
> Many thanks
0
Arceedee (5)

Copies of Table with Arrow Icons
I have a table called Quotes2004. Somewhere along the line two additional tables appeared called Quotes20041 and Quotes20042, each with an arrow icon next to them. I understand that the arrow indicates a link. But, I don't recall making these table copies. Can some process make the copies automatically? As far as I can tell, they are exact copies of Quotes2004 and they are updated when I update Quotes2004. How can I determine how these were created, what the links are and if they are really necessary? To discover what a table is linked to, open it in design view. Then open the Prope...

Pivot tables #43
Example data Product Date Volume Value Product A 25/11/05 10 200 Product B 25/11/05 15 240 Product C 25/11/05 12 130 Product A 25/11/05 18 260 Product A 26/11/05 12 130 Product B 26/11/05 19 240 I want a pivot table that looks like this: I have to do 2 separate pivot tables and merge then together. Product A Product A Product B Product B Product C Product C Date Volume Value Volume Value Volume Value 25/11/05 28 460 15 240 12 130 26/11/05 12 130 19 240 I want to the pivot table to show, so that Volume and Value for each PRODUCT are in COL...

Can I setup a league table that automatically updates itself?
Hi. I'm using Excel 97' and I'd like to know if I can setup a league table that automatically updates itself with results from football [or any other kind of] matches which I can just list seperately to the main table. I'm sure I remember doing this in ancient times on Lotus 1-2-3, but I can't see any way of doing this in Excel, although there must be some way of doing it... Shane. ...

How to retrieve values from a lookup table
I want to default the OwnerID of a Case based on the OwnerID of the selected Customer. I know how to retrieve the typename, name and GUID from a LookUp object (in this case the CustomerID) but how can I retrieve associated values from the related table? Hi, You need to write a webservice to fetch the owner of the customer and than use that webservice withs JScript in onLoad of the case to set the owner of the case. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Agile CRM...

Keeping Column Widths the same in a pivot table when pages increase
I've created a pivot table and because of the length of the characters in the page, the column width keeps changing. How do I keep the column width the same? Set the pivot table to preserve formatting: On the pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Table Options Add a check mark to 'Preserve formatting', click OK Remove the check mark from AutoFormat Table Click OK cailotto@sbcglobal.net wrote: > I've created a pivot table and because of the length of the characters > in the page, the column width keeps changing. How do I keep the column > width the s...

Static Chart using Pivot Table and other data
Using Excel 2000, I am trying to create a Static Chart where the source data is a pivot table and data from a couple of adjacent columns. In the past I have been able to do this. My latest chart is automatically creating a Pivot Chart without the adjacent data. How do I prevent this automation? There are instructions on Jon Peltier's site, for creating a normal chart from PivotTable data: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm Will wrote: > Using Excel 2000, I am trying to create a Static Chart where the source data is a pivot table and data from a couple of adjacent...

calculated field in a pivot table?
Can we use the "if" function in a calculated field of a pivot table? Looks ok, try this thread: http://tinyurl.com/bp64n -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "baabaa" <baabaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5657F28E-ADFC-410B-AD47-39A334240618@microsoft.com... > Can we use the "if" function in a calculated field of a pivot table? ...

Table addressing
I have a table in Sheet1 containing various specs for a list of products: Sheet1: A B C D E 1 Product Name Price Weight Rating Source 2 Product A $4.55 1.00 kg 47 Company X 3 Product B $10.20 3.50 kg 87 Company Y 4 Product C $8.10 2.25 kg 61 Company Z On another sheet, I would like to use this information and I would like to refer to it symbolically by product name and field. For example, the other sheet might look like this: Sheet2: A B C D ...

Manual sort in a pivot chart/pivot table
My goal is to change the order of 4 row lablels. They are all text, and I have to choose the order (not alphabetical). I got as far as clicking on the arrow next to Row Label on the table, going to More Sort Options and then choosing Manual Sort. HOWEVER, where/when do I grab the labels to "drag" them to the right order? I have tried clicking on the table itself and clicking on the chart but there is no dragging happening. I can't find any detailed info on Manual Sort in the Help box, and so I'm stuck. Thanks in advance! You can click on the cell containing label an...

Grouping in Pivot Tables #2
Issue 1: I have a table which has Job Number on the left, with inner division by Revenue/Cost Group, then individual Cost or revenue codes. Along the top are year and month columns. I have manually selected which cost or revenue codes to include in "Revenue" group and "Cost" group by highlighting etc and it all looks OK at the moment. There are about 60-70 cost/revenue codes so this is a bit of a pain. The cost/revenue codes are alphanumeric and are not consecutive in our chart of accounts. Codes are usually of the format LNNNLLL. Individual jobs use a subsection of the...

Pivot Table

Pivot Table Error: Cannot group that selection
Hello I'm trying to group invoice dates in a pivot table by month and year. Too bad there is no "reason" button? heheh Any suggestions are greatly appreciated Sherron You'll see that message if there are text entries or blank cells in the column of dates. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I'm trying to group invoice dates in a pivot table by > month and year. Too bad there is no "reason" button? heheh -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Thankyou... but I've checked that all d...

Add Data To Pivot Table
I made a report, requested by our sales reps, that included sales figures for various customers and territories over the last few years, showing month to month totals per rep. But ... How can I update the report on a monthly basis now? Instead of having to go back and run the whole report over again each month, I mean. I just want to be able to add in the next month's totals to the figures already in the previous report, but I see no way to 'undo' the previous setup to add in the new stuff, or merely combine the new figures with the old. What am I missing? Any help ap...

Adding columns to item table
Are there any incompatibility issues I would need to worry about in adding additional columns to tables in the database? I'm already using most of the available fields in the item table and I would like a place to store each items ASIN assigned from amazon. I don't need to be able to read or write this in either the POS or the Manager, I just need to be able to access it through SQL queries. I would like to know the same thing. Has anybody done that without problems? <tfitts@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ce05743c-7ca2-49cc-89da-815d91c77e4d@1g2000prd.googlegroups.com......

Solve Order of a CalculatedField in a Pivot Table
Does anyone know how to get the Solve Order of a CalculatedField in a pivot table. I know how to get the Solve Order of a CalculatedItem but can't seem to get the CalculatedField!!! An example of getting the Solve Order of a CalculatedItem is... ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1).PivotFormulas(1).Index Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Sincerely, Gary Brown gary_brown@ge_NOSPAM.com ...

I need to track stats for my pool league.
I am the new treasurer and statustician for a billiards pool league and I have to make up all of the programs myself. I haven't a clue as to how to do this the easiest way. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. "Jody" <jojos_sporty@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5A1DB5C4-598F-4FAD-9395-F98957BD8B93@microsoft.com... >I am the new treasurer and statustician for a billiards pool league and I > have to make up all of the programs myself. I haven't a clue as to how to > do > this the easiest way. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. > Then ...

Outlook 2003 Crashes
Event Type: Informatio Event Source: Microsoft Office 1 Event Category: Non Event ID: 100 Date: 5/13/200 Time: 11:44:15 A User: N/ Computer: WRKST Description Bucket 99179544, bucket table 1, faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.0.2195.6899, stamp 4060ef9b, debug? 0, fault address 0x0004c8e1. Data 0000: 42 00 75 00 63 00 6b 00 B.u.c.k 0008: 65 00 74 00 3a 00 20 00 e.t.:. 0010: 39 00 39 00 31 00 37 00 9.9.1.7 0018: 39 00 35 00 34 00 34 00 9.5.4.4 0020: 0d 00 0a 00 42 00 75 00 ....B.u 0028: 63 00 6b 00 65 00 74 ...

Linked Table Manager
How to use VBA to open up the "Linked Table Manager"? DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdLinkedTableManager Rob "Paul" <paul_mak@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:ut$CAVvsHHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How to use VBA to open up the "Linked Table Manager"? > ...

indexing in a table
Hi, Can anyone confirm (or deny) that when indexing in a table is set to 'Yes - No Duplicates' and then you try and append data from a sorted query into that table, DOES THE TABLE ALWAYS ACCEPT THE FIRST ROW (as sorted by the query) or is it more random than that. thanks S On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:19:01 -0800, sdg8481 <sdg8481@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: SQL is not random. In fact it is firmly rooted in mathematical set theory, and all its operations are 100% predictable. If you meant to ask "I have another table that has data that would violate t...

Building a query from three tables with differing infomation
Hi - Not too sure if this is possible, or if i'm being a dillweed! And please bear with me - it may seem a long explanation but it does get there in the end! I have an CSV file that has to be imported every day, with the following fields DATE, Client, Client Name, M/House No., Mailing House, Notified Bags, Notified Items, Receipted Bags, Receipted Items, Outstanding Bags, Outstanding Items. This file is normally around 15000 rows I then have to remove the Notified Bags and Items and the Outstanding Bags and Items, sort this by Receipted Bags, Remove all zero entries -...

How do I search an entire table for a given values?
Hi, I have around 13 columns in a table and building a front end where user enters a value in a text box and hit submit and the SQL query should return all the rows that matched columns with the value entered by the user. Can some one please help me with how to come up with a sql please. Actullay I need to write this in Oracle 10g but I am trying it to work in SQL server and hopefully it works the same in Oracle too. I do not have the much data in Oracle on the test box so trying to get it working in on my sql box. The below simple sql seems working OK but want to know if it ...

Problem copying pivot table
Trying again: I created a Pivot Table in an Excel file sent to me by a co-worker. She sends a updated file each month with the same layout, and I use the Move/Copy Sheet function to add my Pivot Table to the new file. The problem is, the table still points to the consolidation ranges in the file I copied from. So, I must manually redefine all the page fields to point to the current file. I need to automate this. Can someone help me? Thanks! LJ if i am making sense of what you're saying---try doing it the opposite way--instead of copying your pivot table to the new data.....

Football League Table
Does anyone have any ideas of how I could create a football (soccer) league standing that is automatically updated every time new scores are entered? Thanks. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Look for posts by Bob Phillips in www.google.com I believe he has created one for the Premier league (since you say football before soccer I assume you are from the British Isles) I know he has emailed an example to other posters upon request, can't guarantee anything of course.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "12345" <12345.yn5sa@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in ...

cell comments in a vlookup table
i have information in a vlookup table that i only want to veiw when required.It cannot be done with cell coments as these do not come over within a lookup table.I thought of another column within the lookup table,but these are always visible, and i am running this program on a P.D.A and space is at a premium. ...

Tables #3
Does anyone know what the ESI_Location_XREF table is or what product it is associated with? Sue, The ESI_Location_XREF table (ESI Location Cross-Reference, dbo.ESI40300) is a part of vSync's EDI for Dynamics -- the SOP portion. You can find more information about vSync's products at http://www.vsync.com Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Sue" wrote: > Does anyone know what the ESI_Location_XREF table is or what p...