is there a comand to return the mane of a worksheet inside a cell

Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell

Hi Fabian
Try this,
=MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("[",CELL("filename"))+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename"))-FIND("[",CELL("filename"))-1)
This one will give you the full path: =CELL("filename")
HTH
John
"Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell

0
John
3/25/2010 3:54:00 PM
Hi,

=MID(CELL("filename",C1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",C1))+1,255)

"Fabian" wrote:

> Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell
Ooops
The worksheet name not workbook, reading to fast.
Eduardo has the answer, now you have it all.
John
"John" <johnd@newlook.com> wrote in message
> Hi Fabian
> Try this,
> =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("[",CELL("filename"))+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename"))-FIND("[",CELL("filename"))-1)
> This one will give you the full path: =CELL("filename")
> HTH
> John
> "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell

0
John

Update Worksheet data to other worksheets Data
Hi All I have two Excel file. One Excel (A) create by User and other Excel (B) is shared version posted on company shared directory. I need update Worksheet B base on Worksheet A. In Worksheet A, the key is Col A + Col B + Col Cm matched to Worksheet B, the key is Col A + Col D + Col E Below Column need to update WS A to WS B. The column may be changed. After each Updated. Work Sheet A -> WorkSheet B I - > P J ->Q K ->R .... Any suggestion to using VBA to Update Excel B ? If Records not f...

Cell colors #2
Excel 2003, sp2 Hi, I want to use a very light grey color in some of the cells in a worksheet. RGB(234, 234, 234) should produce the color I want, but: Activecell.Interior.Color = RGB(234, 234, 234) results in a white color (Colorindex = 2). Can Excel only handle the 56 predefined colors returned by the ColorIndex function? Regards Pete Yep. But you could replace one of those 56 colors with the shade you want. Tools|options|color tab|modify This color scheme will travel with the workbook--it's not an application setting. If you have multiple workbooks that need this, you&#...

locking a formula to cells
I have a worksheet that is set up with months in the columns and different projects in rows. The appropiate labor hours for each month of each project are shown in the cells across each project's row. I also have cells that average 12 cells for each year for each project to get the average labor for each year for each project. Reality being what it is, the projects get rescheduled - while work content stays the same. I want to be able to pick up all the cells in the row for each project that gets rescheduled and move them in unison to the right to their new forecasts positions whi...

Getting last Modified documents/worksheets
I used a previous version of excel on a win98 pc. At the end of the week I would recall all the documents created and saved in the past week for proofreading etc. This was very fast and easy. However, I bought a WinXP laptop and transfered all my documents onto it. It had office 2003 Pro installed so I thought my latest saved files would be even easier and faster to retrieve. To my utter dismay the reverse happened. Retrieving latest documents over the weekend has been a nightmare because I now have sit and wait for at least 20 minuites to have only 4 out of 20 files found and listed....

Lookup Cell Interior
I am currently using the vlookup function to find values on another sheet ('Previous Report') associated with data on the current sheet and to transfer any matching results to the first sheet, (working with no problems). How can i extend this so that as well as transfering any matching data the interior color for the cell is also 'copied' over to the current sheet. rangecheck = Range("A8") Range("L8").Select Do Until rangecheck = "" ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _ "=VLOOKUP(RC[-11],'Previous Repo...

Can you change current small text in a cell to CAPITALS?
Can you change current small text in a cell to CAPITALS? If so how? You can use the UPPER function: =3DUPPER(A1) Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 17, 6:45=A0pm, Chris K <Chris K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can you change current small text in a cell to CAPITALS? > > If so how? per teh functions list for TEXT data, UPPER will convert all the text into all capital letters "Chris K" wrote: > Can you change current small text in a cell to CAPITALS? > > If so how? To add on to Pete's answer, You can highlight the ...

rate of return
I have MS Money 2007 Deluxe, and I'm trying to learn about the rate of return for my investments. When I attempt to determine the rate of return for an investment held in 2006, I get two different numbers. I ran a financial report for an investment account to see what my return was 2006. For the account, which has 3 difference mutual funds, the "% rate of return" was one number and the "annual % return" was another number. What number should I look at? I'm confused, but learning. In microsoft.public.money, Humpfries wrote: >I have MS Money 2007 Del...

undo concatenated cells
I have a list like this in column A: cell A1. CHHKSHANAN000021,CHHKSHASAV001873,CHHKSHAOCF000026 cell A2. APLU020852965,APLU020852976,APLU020852966,APLU020852977 but much longer. I want the data in separate cell (i.e., a1, a2, a3): CHHKSHANAN000021 CHHKSHASAV001873 CHHKSHAOCF000026 I had tried the convert text to column wizard, however the data display only horizontally. Is there a formula I can use to undo the Concatenated cells at the same time insert the line to post each item? Please help -- Thank you, Kitty - Try this: 1.) Do the text to column as y...

my query returns null I need to do math on the returned value
I am working on yield, I have 2 qureys one for good and the other to sort the bad in to catagorys. I want to add the total good and total bad for total tested. Sometimes the results are null. When I add the two fields I get blank when I should get units tested. Using access 2007 Thanks in advance. I use the IIF statement, eg IIF([good]>0, [good], 0) which means that if [good] is >0 then use the value of [good], else use the value 0. If [good] can be negative or positive, then use: IIF([good]>0 or [good]<0, [good], 0) Do this for both good and bad. "rich L" wrote: ...

How to increase the value of the cell by some percent
I am trying to increase the value of cells by certain percentage. example i have a worksheet with some data in cells C6 to F20 with different numbers. i want to increase all the cells by 5% , is it possible?. Thanks in advance. -- Deepwater ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Deepwater's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22231 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=467826 Suppose Column A has the values. Set Column B = A*(1+Percent) Find a cell somewhere, name it Percent. If y...

When using MONTH function on Blank Cell!! Returns Month=Jan!
When i use the MONTH(A3) Function and A3 is blank, excel takes it as a 0! ie. MONTH(0) and returns January as the month because the date in serial is 00-Jan-1900. How do i get around this! Here is my Formula: I am trying to count the number of months that are used, i have done this with this formula below: It works perfect for all months except for Jan! because it think that blanks cells are a serial date 0. {=SUM(IF(MONTH(DATA!A2:A7)=1,1,0))} __________________ | A | 1 | Date | 2 | 01-01-05 | 3 | 04-04-05 | 4 | 04-04-05 ...

_vsnwprintf_s() returns 0 but _vsnwprintf() returns the length
Hello consider this function (please don't flame me for it, hehe): #if defined _UNICODE wstring foobarbaz(const _TCHAR *format, ...) { va_list args; va_start(args, format); /* Determine length of formatted string. Doesn't count \0. */ int length = _vsnwprintf_s(NULL, 0, 0, format, args); /* This assertion triggers if one uses _vsnwprintf_s(), but it does not trigger if one uses _vsnwprintf(), instead the required length is returned. */ ASSERT(length > 0); ++length; /* Make room for \0. */ _TCHAR *buffer = new _TCHAR[length]; V...

If statement in macro to find blank cell/value in another cell
Trying to find a macro that will allow me to find a blank cell in a column, and if the corresponding cell is populated, then tag that cell with a certain value. So, if Column AG is empty, but Column AM is not, then put an * in column AG, then loop it to look in other columns as well. So if AG = blank, but AM is not blank, then place * in AG, if AN = blank, but AT is not blank, then place * in AN, if AU = blank, but BA is not blank, then place * in AU, if BB = blank, but BH is not blank, then place * in BB, etc.... For a total of 15 segments On 9 mrt, 16:14, Kennedy <Ken...

Mocro code for sending a worksheet in a mail message
Does anyone know how to write a macro code to send a worksheet as an email message (not as an attachment)? Thanks -- LN Hi Lorenzo See http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Lorenzo" <Lorenzo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3744CF95-D6BF-4ECC-9D4E-487AE8A6CA63@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to write a macro code to send a worksheet as an email > message (not as an attachment)? > > Thanks > -- > LN ...

Splitting text cells without a common denominator
I have a list that contains various names that I need to simplify. e.g. "Best Business Company Limited" shortens to Best Business. However, I also have names that start "A B Best Business" (shorten to A B Best), or "Best A B Business" (Best A B). Does anyone have any suggestions please. Hi don't think this is possible as you don't have a rule which could be implemented in a program. What is the logic why you want to skip 'Buisness' in the second example? If you have a list of all words which could e omitted then this is possible. e.g. delet...

Can these look ups be done using Worksheets functions
I have two UDF's that solve two specific problems for me. Both works great. Now I just wonder if I could acchieve the thing, using only Worksheet functions as some of the people that would like to use my solution are not allowed to use macros or install add-ins. And if it can be done, then how? Problem 1. Data: A B John 10 Bill 10 George 14 John 12 Neil 12 George 12 John 20 I need to be able to look up any instance of a name in column 1, and return ...

How is Return for Period calculated?
I am using Money 2003 and I did a Performance by Investment Account report for 2004. For most of stocks the Return for Period column is the Realized Gain/Loss + the Gain/Loss of your current holdings. However for some stocks the numbers don't seem to add up. For instance the realized gain is $400, gain of what I currently have invested is $500, and the return is reported as about $100. Could someone explain to me how this is calculated or if it's a bug. Thanks! Jon ...

If formula that looks at multiple cells and values, and then calul
I'm trying to put together a production spreadsheet for mechanical manufacturing that figures out a length of one piece of material based on other dimensions. It's for storm shutter parts and the cut dimensions need to be calculated from the field measures. There are many types of tracks available and the blade length is dependant upon the finish height, track type and structure. I need the formula to look at 5 different cells that may or may not have data for the top track and only use the data from the one that's filled out. Same for the bottom track for a total of 10 ...

Can contents of a cell be used in header/footer?
All, I am interested in making a custom header that contains text from a certain cell. There are standard fields that can be added to a header or footer using the standard buttons in the header or footer dialog box. These are: &[Page], &[Pages], &[Date], &[Time], &[Path]&[File], &[File], &[Tab] I was wondering if I could create a custom field for my header that would insert the contents of a certain cell. For instance, cell A7 contains a Vendor name, let's say "XYZ Supply". I would like to create a header that says, "Vendor: XYZ Supply&q...

GetModuleFileName in my COM returns the exe that created the process...
What I wanted to do was get the file version of my COM dll. TCHAR szName [MAX_PATH]; HMODULE hMod = GetModuleHandle (NULL); GetModuleFileName (hMod, szName, sizeof(szName)); returns my exe path. What I want is the path to the dll (so I can GetFileVersionInfo( ... ) ). The same code runs in my exe to do the same thing, so I don't want to hard code a name in. BTW the code sits in a logger which is a static singleton object. What I didn't appreciate was that there are two objects, one in the exe and one in the dll. I suppose the dll sits in its own memory space? "Simon L&quo...

use Find without hardcoded value but a value from a cell
Hi I am trying to search within Excel VBA a value in a sheet dependant on the entry in another cell. But not sure how to put a paramater as the What part of the Find. Can anyone help please? i.e if cell A1 is Cat then I would search for Cat in the other sheet. Dim Animalname AnimalName = Combo1.Value Sheets("Animals").Select Cells.Find(What:=Animalname,After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt _ :=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _ False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate I think what I may be better d...

Returning Last Instance of a Duplicate
I have a table with Multiple records for the same serial number. I need to return only the latest record and the next previous record based on the date of the occurence. Can any one help me wit this scenario? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You can use one of the four methods presented at http://www.mvps.org/access/queries/qry0020.htm Hoping it may help, Vanderghast, Access MVP "Dopple444 via AccessMonster.com" <u33839@uwe> wrote in message news:724722e065db5@uwe... >I have a table with Multiple records for the same serial number. I need to &...

SOP Return Quantities
Why when you inquire on a posted SOP REturn can you not see the qty fields you updated (damaged, in use, returned, etc.). I am able to create a smart list with this data, but would like to see it on the Sales inquriy screens. Modifier to the rescue! You can drag these fields onto the inquiry window and then grant access to the modified form. You need to put the fields in the scrolling window because they are recorded at the line-item level. "Andrea Smiley" wrote: > Why when you inquire on a posted SOP REturn can you not see the qty fields > you updated (damaged, in us...

Should I return MacBookPro for a MacBook? How avoid restock fee?
Help! I am a college student whose iBook died after years of enjoyable use. I went to the Apple Store who sold me a 15" MacBook Pro 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 512 MB DDR2 SDRAM for $1999. Days after I bought it, the same size laptop, same price ($1999) comes instead w/ a 2 GHz AND the MacBook came out $1299 (the $1099 version doesn't have the DVD burner I need, so I can't use that one) Since I'm within 2 weeks of buying, Apple Store tells me I can return my new MacBook Pro BUT they tell me I'd have to pay a $200 restocking fee - the clerk winked at me and said "unless ...

Re: Month formula always returns Jan
Sorry, Spellchecker problem, should be =TEXT(C20,"mmm") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:... > Brian, > > Why not just try > > =TEXT(C20,"mom") > > > -- > > HTH > > Bob Phillips > ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks > (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) > > "brianwa" <brianwa.x...