Is it possible to high light a row of cells

I have columns from A1 to A300 TO CP1 TO CP300 if I click on a particulr cell
on any row is it possible to high light that whole row if there is a way
please tell me how!!!

On dec. 10, 04:23, Mike <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have columns from A1 to A300 TO CP1 TO CP300 if I click on a particulr cell
> on any row is it possible to high light that whole row if there is a way
> please tell me how!!!

You need an event sub for that like this one:
    If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:F10")) Is Nothing Then
        Range("A1:F10").Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
        Range("A" & Target.Row & ":F" &
Target.Row).Interior.ColorIndex = 6
    End If
End Sub

Post if you need help to install it!

Regards,
Stefi
0
Stefi
12/10/2009 8:36:33 AM
You may want to take a look at Chip Pearson's rowliner utility.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

--

Dave Peterson
0

Is it possible

Offset, sum down to the first blank row
can anyone write the formula to sum down to the first blank row it encounters? In the sample data below I want the xx to sum only to 60 Assume the word sum is in cell A1 and the xx is in cell B1. sum xx Blue 10 Black 20 Red 30 Red 20 black 40 thanks much. p.s. would this formula be considered "volatile" and therefore "risky"....if so, what's the risk. thx. "Tami" <Tami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFA4F8A3-A823-4522-A946-F55AB55E0B29@microsoft.com... > can anyone write the formula to ...

DEX ROW ID
hello, I have a question on how does the dex row id get updated in great plains. I noticed there a 2 tables in the tempdb database what is that for. Thanks, Scott The DEXROWID is present in every table and is automatically incremented by 1 every time a record is added to the table. The tempdb database is a temporary database used by the server to store information needed for it to do its work. Its content is constantly changing and is wiped out everytime you restart the server. For more information check here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/architec/...

Jumping to a hidden cell on enter
I've got 3 drop down lists in which the source cells are located i hidden rows above the data cell. Each of these 3 data cells are righ on top of the other (of the unhidden cells) and every time I use one o them and hit enter, rather than going to the next unhidden cell down it goes to a hidden cell. I can see it displaying the cell destinatio and it's contents in the input window. I try to unhide then rehide an it's always the same cell it goes to upon enter. Does anyone have an ideas about what is causing this glitch? Thanks Trace ---------------------------------------------...

Personal Folders in OWA

finding a cell address
I am still working on a vlookup table to return more All values for given lookup value. I have found a way but need a little help. my first value is easy it just looks at the range of the whole databas lookup range= a:d The second value is tricky, what I need is a formula that will give th me address of the 1st match+1 cell down what will give me lookup range = a2:d3 The third would be the value of the 1st match +2 cell down My data is sorted by col. A in ascending order -- thats why once i finds the 1st one if there are any more it will be in the next row. I have an example if needed ...

Won't update row in datagrid
I have a XML file that I have bound to a typed Dataset, which goes to a DataView, which is connected to a datagrid. When I enter new data in the last row (empty) row of the datagrid and move off of the datagrid's row the data disapears. AllowNew and AllowEdit of the dataview are both true. ReadOnly of the DataGrid is False. What am I missing? Can you detail how the DataView is set ? I don't seem to have to same problem on DefaultView, nor on an unfiltered DataView ... "Trey" <weaver@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23$XGdhh%23DHA.4088@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... &g...

CListCtrl Setting the Focus to a Row through Code
Hi i am taken a dialog based application. on the dialog i placed CListCtrl.i added 3 cols and 10 row to the list control. the first column is Checkbox. On the dialog box i placed two Buttons with captions "Next" and "Previous". when i run my application, when i Press "Next" Button the selection mark in the CListCtrl should move to the next row.and when i press "Previous" the selection mark in the CListCtrl should move to the previous row. i am using nItem=5; m_ListCtrl.SetItemState( nItem, LVIS_SELECTED|LVIS_FOCUSED, LVIS_SELECTED|LVIS_FOCUSED ); it...

working out which colour text is used to populate a cell
Hi all, Fingers crossed someone out there will be able to help me. I have been tasked to provide a spreadsheet at work to monitor a number of applications and written applications that we receive and the number of days we respond by. I have the following cells ‘application received’(Cell B), ‘enquiry received’(Cell C), ‘date completed’(Cell E) I then have the following formula in Cell H =NETWORKDAYS(IF(B4<>"",B4,C4),E4,$A$119:$A$158) which determines which cell has the date in (B or C) and then works out the number of days it has taken looking at cell E (the...

How can I execute my macro for every row in worksheet
I'm a macro newbie... In my worksheet, I want to use a macro to find the word "RETENTION" and insert a blank (new) row after this word until all the rows in the worksheet are processed. Any suggestions? Thanks. Hi try the following macro. It tests column A and inserts a row if the value is 'RETENTION' Sub insert_rows() Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.count, "A").End(xlUp).row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 1 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, "A").Value ="RETENTION" then Cells(row_index + ...

selecting like cells in a column
First time poster...wish I would have found this place a long time ago! I need to select 'like' cells (i.e. same value) from a column (for use in a macro so I can't just point and click). The like cells are actually grouped together. Sounds easy enough but I can't find a shortcut key to do it and am trying to avoid writing vb for this part of the task. Please help!! ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ -- View and post Excel related usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com -- Hundreds of free MS ...

Export report templates
I would like to export the standard and modified reports from Great Plains 6.0 and am not familiar with this application. Is this feature available for both FRx reports and the vanilla standard reports that come with Great Plains. Any assistance in how to obtain this information either in a text, csv format etc would be appreciated. For FRx, you can export to Excel and other formats. Within FRx you would go to the Report Catalog and pick the report you want to print. On the output tab select the type of destination you want. Click the Generate report button. There are no vanilla repo...

Excel 2002 SP3 CSV Format Cell 'Special' Leading Zero
Excel 2002 SP3, CSV File, Format Cell 'Special' for Zip Code Leading Zero does not work. Is there any way to maintain the Zip Code Leading Zero (New England States) in a CSV File? I have tried Format 'Special' and 'Text' and have found the only solution to be to place a leading ' with each zip code. This is not a very practical solution. Is this a configuration problem, a bug, or a limitation of the CSV file? Thanks, William Hi you may use an adjacent cell with a formula for this. e.g. enter in B1 =TEXT(A1,"0000") or something similar according...

Design issue; and finding and displaying row on other workbook
1. An academic course is divided into two sections: lecture and discussion. The lecture section contains all classes, but the discussion classes do not. The discussion section is further divided into three subsections, each containing multiple classes. The need is to coordinate student attendance and grades for all sections. Currently we have 1 lecture section workbook with all student names, IDs, and other info; and 3 discussion section workbooks with the same only for the relevant subsection. And then there is a consolidation workbook where lecture and discussion are put together and attend...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

How to select the last filled row
Hi, I have a column of data and I add rows every day to that column; I just = want=20 to see the data in the last row in another cell... whats the formula for = that???? ex: I have A12 which reads 48 as the last data on the column A; = but=20 next week I'll have A43 and the data will be 84... I want a cell which = shows=20 48 today and will show 84 next week....=20 PS: I managed to get a formula which shows the number of the last row = but i=20 can't use it either... ex: the data I'm interested in, is in A12 and it = reads=20 "48".... but tomorrow it will be in A13 and ...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...

using the cells property for use with Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum
Has anyone had any success with using the Cells Propery when using the Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum function? My code is below: Sub AddDataMorningMil(mon As String, Day As String, yr As String, intDOW As Integer) 'DOW = Day of Week Dim x As Integer, row As Integer, colStart As Integer, colEnd As Integer, varSum As Variant ' -- Friday column & starting row colEnd = 6 row = 15 ' -- Get the start column & row Select Case intDOW Case 2 'Monday colStart = 2 Case 3 'TuesDay colStart = 3 ...

Adding a row in all workbooks within a spreadsheet
I have 5 workbooks that link to one workbook. If I need to add a row how do I do that in all workbooks at one time? Select the first sheet tab, then with the SHIFT key depressed select the last sheet tab. You will notice that the file name will change to GROUPED. Inserting a row on a sheet will ensure that the row is inserted in all the selected row. PLEASE ENSURE that you ungroup the sheets (right click on the tab name and then select ungroup) as soon as possible because in a grouped format ANYTHING you do will affect ALL sheets (even if you delete). HTH "ndpocohantas" w...

Is this Possible ?
Hi Have a newsletter document with text boxes that have no outlines but internal gradient colour fills. Is it possible that a macro could remove all colour fills in one hit just leaving the text in place ? many thanks Dim oShape As Shape For Each oShape In ActiveDocument.Shapes If oShape.Type = msoTextBox Then If oShape.Line.Visible = msoFalse Then oShape.Fill.Visible = msoFalse End If End If Next oShape should clear the fill from text boxes that are filled and have no border. -- <>>< ><<> ><&l...

High Availability/Clustering
We need to deploy MSCRM as a High availability solution. Microsoft state's that MSCRM has not been tested or supported in a clustered environment. Therefore they are not supporting a clustered solution. Has anyone tested this? What other High availability options are there? Thanks Your right in that clustering has not been tested yet or at least Microsoft have said nothing but there are a few options. SQL Server of course can be clustered and this is the main data store for CRM. The CRM web servers simply act as a front end to the data. To make the system more redundant you could at lea...