Is a cell color change possible with a formula?

Is it possible to have a cell background color change when a particular
condition is met?

In this case, specifically a DATE.

When an item is entered in a row, one of the entries is the current date.
Then when the item is complete, a "completed by" date is also entered in a
different cell and yet another cell displays the amount of days an item took
to get completed.

Is it possible that that 1st cell with the entered date can turn red when 3
days have gone by and nothing has been entered in the c"completed by" cell?

Thanks for reading!

0
Edward

"Edward" <222@333.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to have a cell background color change when a particular
> condition is met?
>
> In this case, specifically a DATE.

Look up "Conditional Formatting" in Excel Help.

0
gbplinux (1141)
4/29/2008 8:26:01 PM
Yes - conditional formatting> use formula =today()-your cell reference with
the date>=3

"Edward" wrote:

> Is it possible to have a cell background color change when a particular
> condition is met?
>
> In this case, specifically a DATE.
>
> When an item is entered in a row, one of the entries is the current date.
> Then when the item is complete, a "completed by" date is also entered in a
> different cell and yet another cell displays the amount of days an item took
> to get completed.
>
> Is it possible that that 1st cell with the entered date can turn red when 3
> days have gone by and nothing has been entered in the c"completed by" cell?
>

> Thanks for reading!

0
Rayashe (10)

how to write a formula #2
How can I write a formula where inches equals dollars? 1.2" x 5.5" = $4.4 -- grammy2 Presumably you have the first length in one cell, the second in a another and the dollar rate in a third, then it is simply =A1*B1*C1 and format as currency -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "grammy2" <grammy2.1towmu@news.excelbanter.com> wrote in message news:grammy2.1towmu@news.excelbanter.com... > > How can I write a formula where inches equals dollars? > 1.2" x 5.5" = $4.44 > > > -- > grammy2 make sur...

When using MONTH function on Blank Cell!! Returns Month=Jan!
When i use the MONTH(A3) Function and A3 is blank, excel takes it as a 0! ie. MONTH(0) and returns January as the month because the date in serial is 00-Jan-1900. How do i get around this! Here is my Formula: I am trying to count the number of months that are used, i have done this with this formula below: It works perfect for all months except for Jan! because it think that blanks cells are a serial date 0. {=SUM(IF(MONTH(DATA!A2:A7)=1,1,0))} __________________ | A | 1 | Date | 2 | 01-01-05 | 3 | 04-04-05 | 4 | 04-04-05 ...

Which the maximum of characters of value in a cell?
When I impute a numerical sequence in a cell with more than 15 digits, excel does not conserve the typed value, modifying the digits from 16th typed. I ask: it is necessary to adjust some configuration in excel? Hi Excel's numerical limit is 15 digits. If you need to use more than 15, you'll have to enter it as text - either by formatting the cell as text before you type into it, or by starting the entry with a ' Hope this helps. Andy. "Malisky" <Malisky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B261F7DB-7A39-45D5-8FCE-F750D26D36EC@microsoft.com....

Audit Public Folder permission changes
How can i audit changes that are being made to Public folder permissions. Is there a third party tool to do this. Windows domain autiditing would not seem to work as these permissions are contained in the store?? ...

Is it Possible to get rid of a System created Realtionship
The situation is that I would like it so that opportunities will only be able to be associated with Accounts. Currently they can be associated with Accounts or Contacts. Anyone have any ideas on how I could accomplish this since I cannot delete the system created relationship between Contacts and Oppurtunities. What you can do is hide this relationship from the user (remove the original lookups and set the relationship on the other end to no be displayed in the menu). Then create a new relationship between account and opportunity. If need be you can copy the value from the new looku...

copying non adjacent cells
I saw some of the threads on this subject through googles groups search. By repeated experiments I found 1) if the non adjacent cells are in the same row or column these can be selected and copied 2)But if the non adjacent cells are in more than one row or one column and if I try to select and copy, the error message comes up: "the command cannot be used in multiple selections" response from MVPs is appreciated.. If you want to copy multiple ranges, the selections must match in rows and columns In each column, the same rows must be selected, or nothing is selected In each row...

macro to change column to keep only last 5 characters
I'm not sure how I can use left or right or trim on this, but any suggestions? Formula method. Assuming data in column A, in B1 enter =RIGHT(A1,5) and double-click fill handle to copy down. Macro method. You choose the activecell. Sub trimmit() Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range(ActiveCell, Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp)) For Each cell In rng cell.Value = Right(cell.Value, 5) Next End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:33:51 -0800 (PST), S Himmelrich <himmelrich@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm not sure how I can use left or right ...

Change admin account for Delivery Status Notificaiton?
Some how a test account our consultant setup is now the sender of our Delivery Status Notificaiton reports. How/where can I change this? This account is also a Exchange Full Administrator (inherited) whatever that means so I'm afriad to delete the account. Thanks! ...

emmbedding graphics to cells?
I need to pull graphics from a worksheet list to a worksheet for report. I inserted the graphics into cells and called those cells t appear in another sheet and the number 0 returned instead of th graphic. Any help would be great. Anna: -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Those objects actually sit above the worksheet (like on another layer). You can't retrieve them using formulas. Maybe a macro??? "Anna Que <" wrote: > > I need to pull graphics from a worksheet list to a worksheet for a > report. I inserted the graphics into cells and called ...

Subtraction formula with Text error
This is a timesheet: A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 Time 9:00 am 12:00 pm 9:00 am 12:00 pm OFF Total 3 3 #Value! I have time in and time out with total hours caculating. The formula I am using for total hours is a simple C1-B1 with HH:MM format. I need to enter OFF, SICK, OUT for days that the employee is not in but I get an error value. How can I make it so that the formula adds the hours entered and ignores any other values such as OFF, SICK, OUT. >The formula I am us...

Mass email deletion possible in public folders?
I inherited an Exchange 2003 server whereby a mail-enabled public folder got stuck in a mail loop with some other mail server, and now my public folder has approx. 280,000 emails in it. Is there any way to selectively mass delete mail from a public folder? I'd like to keep what was in there before the loop began. I've looked everywhere but I can't seem to find anything on the subject. I really hope I don't have to do this by hand... :( ...

Combining multiple documents in Word 2007 (track changes) 03-22-10
I submitted this question in early March with the exact same subject (I am no longer able to find it on the site). Can anyone tell me how I can view multiple documents at the same time so I can review the tracked changes and accept them into the original document? Word gives the options to: "Compare - Compare two versions of a document" and "Combine - Combine revisions from multiple authors into a single document" but I an only view two documents at once.....the original document and one that has had changes made. If I have sent the original to 12 in...

excel formula 01-26-10
Hi Friends Im facing a problem with the small issue will u please clarify me the formula A1 OK A2 OK A3 OK A4 NO A5 OK A6 OK A7 OK A8 NO A9 ? here the problem with the A9, I need the value of the A9 should be Perfect when A1 to A8 are OK if we have any one of this A1 to A8 as NO the value should be return as Pending If u can help me i will be thankful for U friend One way In A9: =IF(COUNTIF(A1:A8,"OK")=8,"Perfect","Pending") Yes?, hit the YES below -- Max Singapore --- "sudheer" wrote: > Im fac...

Can you change Longitude and Latitude from degrees to decimal
I need to change Long/ Lat in degree, minute, second to a decimal format. does excel have a funtion to do this? See Chip Pearson's site for info on this http://www.cpearson.com/excel/latlong.htm "Hurley" wrote: > I need to change Long/ Lat in degree, minute, second to a decimal format. > does excel have a funtion to do this? ...

Count the Colorindex of a cell with a conditional format
Is there any way (with or without code) to count the number of cells that have a condition that displays a specific colorindex tied to a conditional format? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Barb, I answered no to this once and Bob Philips corrected me and pointed me towards his page below. You can count conditionally formatted cells but it ain't easy. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFConditions.html -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the questio...

macro which finds last cell in a column
please help me by telling a macro which finds last cell in a column thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dim LastRow as Long LastRow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row or if you just want to select it: Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Select Regards Trevor "vikram >" <<vikram.15hp0w@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:vikram.15hp0w@excelforum-nospam.com... > please help me by telling a macro which finds last cell in a column > > thanks > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > ...

OWA Change password option
I've read through your various postings and articles, relating to OWA change password option under a front-end / back-end 2003 SP2 senario. Please can you clarify the following steps I need to follow: 1) Create a new Iisadmpwd virtual directory in IIS on the frontend server. 2) Run the OWAADMIN tool, and select enable password feature on both the front-end and back-end servers. Can you clarify if by using the OWAADMIN tool, that I won't have to manually edit the registry on both servers as the tool will take care of this for me? Can you also clarify, which services (if a...

Addition to a working formula
I have this formula and it works fine. =IF(OR(S140="No",S140="0"),"",G140*X140) This is placed in cell p159 I now need to add the exact same information as above to the cells immediately below the cell listed above. so Orinal cells involved G140 = data s140 = yes/no x140= % I now need the answer of g141 s141 and x141 to be added to the reult of g140 s140 x141 in p159 if 'yes' is placed in s141, but not added if 'no' is entered into s141 To summarise - i need the answers of the 140 and 141 lines to be placed ...

How to tell Excel to insert cells and shift down from Access
Hi all, I have Access 2003. I am trying to tell Excel to insert cells and shift cells down from Access, with this line of code: oWksh.Cells.Insert Shift:=xlDown But Access does not like that line. It gave me run-time error 1004. I know if has to do with the part Shift:=xlDown Can you suggestion what I can do? Thank you in advance, Ben "Ben" <Ben@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:eSZuzcDpKHA.1892@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I have Access 2003. I am trying to tell Excel to insert cells and shift > cells down from Access,...

Titles referencing multiple cells
I have a single series chart and I am using two cells as the series nam that I have placed as the graph title. I am setting up a template an have multiple graphs referring to different months. If A1 has the text May in in and B1 has the text June in it, is there way that I can refer to them in the series name window so that I can have it say "Expenses from May to June" ie "Expenses from A1 to B1" Currently I have ='Sheet1'!$E$18:$E$19 but this only gives me "Ma June" Thanks for you hel -- geooi --------------------------------------------------------...

Bar graph colour changes
I have an excel pareto bar graph. The values are linked to another workbook & will change daily. I want different values to be different colours by selected group, i.e. top value may be yellow, next 2 values red, but next day the top value (yellow) may now be 2nd value but needs to stay yellow. This can be done manually each day, but I wonder can it be done automatically by adding another value to the source data. 1=yellow, 2=red etc. Any help will be gratefully appreciated Hi, Have a look at Jon's page(s) on conditional charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalC...

Returning the x value of a formula
The value of "cell A1" is "cell A2" percent of X. How do I write a formula in cell A3 that will always return X. =a1/a2% HTH, Bernd ...

How do I change default attribute values from with in SQL Metabase
I need to change a bunch of bit defaults from yes to no and was hoping to do it from within Enterprise Manager quickly instead of going in and out of every field withing CRM. Anyone know the table I need to look at where this is stored? I looked at the attribute table in the metabase which seems to have a column called default value but this does not store the default as I looked at default settings of two bit fields I have one set to yes and one set to no and in the attribute table there is no difference that I can see. -- Thanks, Brian Updating the tables on the back end is not supp...

Excel formulas #23
NEED HELP...I have a formula set up to where it pulls data from a linked sheet, I want to be able to click on the right bottom corner of where I have the formula and drag it to populate accordingly to other rows...this works but instead of pulling the information vertically which is what I need it is pulling the info horizontaly from my linked sheet...how can I change the orientation of where it pulls the info...i am dragging horizontal but want the info from the other sheet to propogate using the vertical info order....hope I made sense...anyone that can help me?...I would really appr...