invoices #2

Dear sir,with my regards,want to ask : i have a workbook with some sheets,one
of them contains( date,no.of invoice,amount) ,the invoices begin with( 101-
200 for A agent,201-300 for B agent, and so on for about 15 agents) ,is it
possible in excel 2003 to have a (warning) if i register no. 115 before 114
for agent A for example because i want to register the invoices nos.for each
agent sequensly.
Thanks in advance.

tofimoon3

Are you assigning the invoice numbers offline or when you are registering
them in Excel?

If you do the latter, you could simply fill the Invoice# column with all
possible numbers for the agent in the correct order and then fill out the
details (date etc.) once you want to register the next invoice.

If you assign the invoice numbers offline, you could simply add them to the
agent's worksheet and then resort all rows by the invoice number in ascending
order.
--
Regards,

Ulrike

PS: If this post helps, click YES

"tofimoon3 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

> Dear sir,with my regards,want to ask : i have a workbook with some sheets,one
> of them contains( date,no.of invoice,amount) ,the invoices begin with( 101-
> 200 for A agent,201-300 for B agent, and so on for about 15 agents) ,is it
> possible in excel 2003 to have a (warning) if i register no. 115 before 114
> for agent A for example because i want to register the invoices nos.for each
> agent sequensly.
> Thanks in advance.

Ulrike (1)
3/22/2009 1:27:01 PM
Let us know how the current data is arranged in your worksheet.

If this post helps click Yes
--------------
Jacob Skaria

Jacob Skaria wrote:
>Let us know how the current data is arranged in your worksheet.
>
>If this post helps click Yes
>--------------
>Jacob Skaria
>
>> Dear sir,with my regards,want to ask : i have a workbook with some sheets,one
>> of them contains( date,no.of invoice,amount) ,the invoices begin with( 101-
>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>> agent sequensly.
>> Thanks in advance.
dear sir,with thanks, i register invoices details daily ,after the sells
department completed their invoice they sent  copy to register in my program ,
the invoices are different in their nos.depending on the agents names, they
sent me the invoice no. 1146 before 1143 by mistake or not , i (because of
the momentum) enter the nos. randomly which must affect passively on the
prices and the sequence ,what i want to do is : when i enter any nos. with
their details wrongly the action will refused.

tofimoon3
3/22/2009 2:30:47 PM
Hi,

Show us some sample data please, at least the invoice number data.

And what if 201 has been assigned and now 205 is assigned, should that
generate an error?

I also would make the suggestion that your numbers run from 200 to 299 not
from 201 to 300.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

Shane Devenshire wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Show us some sample data please, at least the invoice number data.
>
>And what if 201 has been assigned and now 205 is assigned, should that
>generate an error?
>
>I also would make the suggestion that your numbers run from 200 to 299 not
>from 201 to 300.
dear sir,i recieve about (10-15) invoices daily from another section in my
company, these invoices contain the materials details that they have recieved
from the supplyer,for example : if they sent me an invoice no.(144651) dated
1/3/2009 which has (a) material with price(2.65),i enter this price in my
program as a last price we have recieved,by a mistake they keep the invoice
no. (144649) which has the price(2.8) for same kind of material with them and
delivered it after some days ,now i cannot use the last price (2.65) which i
need it as a last and lower one with out changing the sequence of invoices.i
need a way to warning me that i enter the big no. instead of the small one.

>> Dear sir,with my regards,want to ask : i have a workbook with some sheets,one
>> of them contains( date,no.of invoice,amount) ,the invoices begin with( 101-
>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>> agent sequensly.
>> Thanks in advance.

tofimoon3
3/24/2009 5:09:37 PM

"tofimoon3 via OfficeKB.com" <u49346@uwe> wrote in message
> Shane Devenshire wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>Show us some sample data please, at least the invoice number data.
>>
>>And what if 201 has been assigned and now 205 is assigned, should that
>>generate an error?
>>
>>I also would make the suggestion that your numbers run from 200 to 299 not
>>from 201 to 300.
> dear sir,i recieve about (10-15) invoices daily from another section in my
> company, these invoices contain the materials details that they have
> recieved
> from the supplyer,for example : if they sent me an invoice no.(144651)
> dated
> 1/3/2009 which has (a) material with price(2.65),i enter this price in my
> program as a last price we have recieved,by a mistake they keep the
> invoice
> no. (144649) which has the price(2.8) for same kind of material with them
> and
> delivered it after some days ,now i cannot use the last price (2.65) which
> need it as a last and lower one with out changing the sequence of
> invoices.i
> need a way to warning me that i enter the big no. instead of the small
> one.

A change in office procedures might be easier to implement than trying to
program for the bad habits of the other section.
Are you the only one that the other section sends invoices to? If you are
then the gap in numbering should be a trigger that something is wrong. In
any case, you have to have some kind of control over what is happening to
the missing invoice numbers so that you don't "get caught" by missing
invoices showing up late.

0
spam8716 (27)

double messages #2
Hello. When I receive a message from my peer to peer connection I get two copies of every message sent. How do I revert back to just one? Thanks ...

Closest top 2, closest bottom 2
Hi I am at a lost of where to even begin this....or it is even possible i have 2 columns of data. Column A is state Column B is money owed to that state So lets say A1 is florida and B1 is 29,000 I am trying for column C to tell me what values (and if possible the cooresponding state) are the 2 closest values above it and the 2 closest values below it in B1:B50. It can appear as a string of text like 27,000 CA 28944 (OR) 31000 (FL) 31200 (GA) Is there a way to do this?? You are busy! In Column C type the heading Rank this is what we you can use to lookup data. I created range names for...

Received not Invoiced #2
When we look at the PO Received/Not Invoiced report the total at the bottom should equal the GL balance of accrued purchases. It never does equal. At what can I look to discover why these two numbers never agree. Check out this post Rich - http://gp2themax.blogspot.com/search/label/Purchase%20Accrual Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com You are correct that the RNI report should match the GL account. Several things change this. Sometimes people post directly to the RNI GL account. This is wro...

2 email accounts and 2 delivery locations
I have 2 email accounts that I use at home. One is from my ISP and the other is our exchange server at work that I can access over my VPN. Is there a way to change the "delivery new e-mail to the following location" so that I have one going to my personal folders (from my ISP) and one to my mailbox on my exchange server (at work)? If I change it for one, it changes it for the other also. Thanks, Tom Use profiles with a single exchange in each profile. One for Exchange delivered to the Exchange mailbox and one for Internet Mail, delivered to personal folders. Mixing profil...

avery labels #2
I would like to create a label in Publisher and print on avery 5824 labels. How do I do this? ...

how do i generate invoice from excel datafile?
how do i generate invoice from excel datafile? -- jm mailmerge in word "jm" wrote: > how do i generate invoice from excel datafile? > -- > jm ...

What is Accounting 2 autoformat
What button do I hit when I am supposed to do Accounting 2 autoformat Yes what is that? You have many versions of Accounting format in Excel based on the currency symbol used. But basically Accounting format postitions the currency symbol to the left and the actual number to the right. Tyro "anita11658" <anita11658@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E90C5E85-B7DF-4839-9EC4-6253EB955EB3@microsoft.com... > What button do I hit when I am supposed to do Accounting 2 autoformat Format>Style>Acct2 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 17:58:0...

fill color #2
I am using MS Office Professional Edition 2003. My problem is with Excel 2003 (SP1). On the fill color menu, I do not have an option for "More Fill Colors". Just the basic color palate appears. I am running 1280x1024-32 bit resolution. I checked, and the high-contrast feature is not enabled on my computer. I also tried different screen resolutions without success. Any ideas on how to get this option enabled? Thanks for any help! The 'More Colors' option is available when a drawing shape is selected, but not when a cell is selected. G. Stockman wrote: > I a...

Error during Invoice Contract
Hi, Below is an exception that I get, in Event Viewer, when I try to invoice a contract. The first contract worked fine. After a while I did the falowing customizations: 1. for Oportunities i've changed a value for a picklist attribute that was created earlyer. 2. I've replaced collumn Attolments Remaning with collumn Qunatity in Contract Lines / Form and Views - Related Contract Line and Contract Line Advanced Find View The next contract that I've tried to invoice gave me the error below. I tried to set all the customization back but the error persists. Any sugestions? ...

Unable to mount store #2
Hello, We are using Exchange 2003SP1. After initial installation we move the databases and logs to different locations in the System manager. After moving all stores are mounted and everythings seems fine. When we reboot the server some minutes after the DB and Log move, we get several errors and the public and private store won't mount. We get error c1041724. I already checked the newsgroups and tried serveral things. I am sure that: AV scan is disabled on db and log folders The correct permissions are set on the folders, system, admin have FC The server shuts down clean .... Whe...

Can i apply 2 mailbox manager policies to the same mailstore ?
I have been reading up alot on this issue, and the only information i have been able to find is that you cant run more then 1 exchange recipient policy against the same user. My issue - I want to have a seperate mailbox manager policy run against each of my 4 mailstores to do a cleanup of inbox and sent / draft items. this policy moves the mail items into the deleted items folder for each mailstore. On top of this policy i want to have a policy that will delete all mail items older then 60 or 90 days depending on the mailstore from the deleted items, and delete them permanently. How ca...

HITB #2
I can see HITB in my set file but cannot seem to find it within my GP. There is supposed be an option under Tools but i can't see it. Also tried adding to my shortcut - can't find anything. Help please and thank you Andrea, If you can't see the HITB option is because you don't have the latest version of HITB compatible with your current Dynamics GP service pack. Download the latest version of HITB from: PartnerSource - https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/downloads/releases/mdgp10_hitb.htm?printpage=false#download CustomerSource - https://mbs.microsoft.com/custome...

Logic question #2
I have a manual process that involves viewing customer billing data in an xl sheet and looking for a customer number value that repeats. If the customer number repeats that infers that there are multiple invoices. We edit our xl sheet by adding adjacent columns with the following 4 column headings: "Logic", "Current", "+1", and "+2". The user inputs "0" to denote it is a current invoice or a "1" or a "2" to place in aging bucket column in the logic column for that customer row. The remaining three columns have @if ...

copy conditional formatting #2
I can set up a conditional format in one cell. I would like to copy that CF to all the cells in the column. Any way to do that in 2007? You can use the format painter to copy and paste all formats including conditional formatting -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Byrdie Ethel Pillinger" <ByrdieEthelPillinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CE3D7DF-60A1-47E0-B12F-91B88CC606E0@microsoft.com... >I can set up a conditional format in one cell. I would like to copy that >CF > to all the cells in the column. Any way to do that in 2007? Might be e...

Smartlist Security #2
OK, I have a client that wants to restrict A/P transaction info on certain vendors (by vendor class) to logins that are part of a specific user class. This is not a terribly difficult problem to solve with VBA, but what I was wondering about was Smartlist (for the PM transactions). They do have Smartlist Builder. Is the shortest answer to disable security to the normal PM transaction smartlist for all users and then use Smartlist Builder to build a modified PM transaction smartlist and give all of the users security to that? Or, is there a way to apply VBA to Smartlist and manage ...

Autoexec macro #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C6467A.3D4BF3A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do I create an "Autoexec" macro in Visio, to be run whenever Visio=20 starts (not just when I open a particular document)? Visio has the same "Reviewing Toolbar" problem as the other MS Office=20 applications (Reviewing toolbar displays whenever you start up MS Word = or=20 Excel or Visio, no matter how many times you turn it off). This works in MS Word: 'Add the following ...

X axis #2
How would I make my x axis show up as 1/2 hour increments? Such as 8:00 AM then 8:30 AM etc? Thanks in advance For your major axis scaling, enter 0:30 and Excel will convert it as necessary. "David Bateman" <davidbateman@charter.net> wrote in message news:tT9Kd.11071$822.7929@fe07.lga... > How would I make my x axis show up as 1/2 hour increments? Such as 8:00 AM > then 8:30 AM etc? Thanks in advance > > ...

Need help in making my invoices auto count
I need to find out how to make my invoices increase by 1 digit every time i copy/create a new invoice. I also would like to find out how i can make my totals (ie..for tax, and sales) get directed into a new spreadsheet displaying the date the invoice was created and giving a running total for the month and year. Is this possible or am i way out to lunch on this. Lostinexcel, Have you checked out MicroSoft's free templates? at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx You can search for "Invoices" there. Depending on whether you are using 2003, 2007...

open email #2
is there anyway i can automatically open an email sent to me from my family without having to search for them -- live long and prosper "Squibbly" <anti@spam.com> wrote in message news:q4SdnWDZA70G4fHeRVnyvw@pipex.net... > is there anyway i can automatically open an email sent to me from my > family without having to search for them > > -- > live long and prosper Not sure what you mean by "open", nor why you have to "search for them". If you leave all your emails in your inbox, you might be better creating some folders and filing...

New to Exchange. #2
I would like to find out if I can install Exchange 5.5 or above on a Windows 2000 "Professional" operating system?? No. For Exchange 200 and above you will need to install Active Directory and for Exchange 5.5 you will need a domain NT or AD. Glen "Shaak1" <shaak11@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:RafZc.15356$x87.11108@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com... > I would like to find out if I can install Exchange 5.5 or above on a Windows > 2000 "Professional" operating system?? > > Only the Admin. On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 07:50:09 GMT, "Sha...

Accounting Integration #2
Is there a package out there that integrates with some level of ease with RMS 1.3+. I have a retail sporting goods shop (for about 16 years) that does both retail and wholesale invoicing. I have been using RMS 1.3 for about 3 years and I need to get an accounting package up and running. Does anyone have any suggestions or are there companies that do this sort of integration for you? I am looking for something that will be easy to use since I am a one man opperation. THanks Jamie Hi Jamie, We can offer the integration solution for RMS. Please drop a email to me with details. Rega...

Functional payment applies to Multicurrency invoice
Hi All another question, how can we calculate realize gain/loss for foreign currency when we apply functional payment to multicurrency invoice? million thanx in advance... ...

Invoicing (Invoice Entry)
Looking for some guidance on a possible work around for Invoicing without SOP. Is there anyway possible to get either the Standard Cost or the Price List Unit Price to default in when entering Invoices Transactions>>Sales>>Invoice Entry Second question; having a similar issue with calculating taxes. Taxes should be based on whether or not the item is set to taxable or non taxable but as soon as you assign a tax schedule id to the Customer Card everything gets taxed even the items that are setup as non taxable items. I know that SOP would cure all of this but just wondering...

OE 6 #2
I downloaded SP 2 and have had nothing but trouble in my OE. My isp tech support came out yesterday and fixed one problem, but we didn't know I have this problem also. I do not have the option in instruction #3 following. I use XP and OE6 I also cannot do a cut and paste within a message, but I can in the subject line. Can anyone help me please? My isp (roadrunner) has gone as far as they can, they say it's now a microsoft problem. arghhhhhhhh Warning The Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail option is a security feature that has been included in Windows ...

Duplicate invoice numbers
I have a spreadsheet that has 5 worksheets in it, that are purchase ledgers. (One for each week of the month). I would like to know if there is some way to have an error message pop up if someone enters a duplicate invoice number on any one of the 5 worksheets. Thanks Pete Sorry! While I was waiting to see if my message posted, I looked at some of the other questions to see if I could help someone else (not likely, but worth a try) I did find a previous question that was almost the same that was answered. I tried it and it works on one worksheet. Can I get it to work on all 5 at th...