Inserting images into excel conditionally

I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for quantity.
I would like excel to import the appropriate image for a product once the
condition entered is that quantity is > 0. Is this possible? If so then
please help.

Thanks
Pav
0
Pav (10)

One way

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

can be adapted to your situation

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Pav" <Pav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for
quantity.
> I would like excel to import the appropriate image for a product once the
> condition entered is that quantity is > 0. Is this possible? If so then
> please help.
>
> Thanks
> Pav

0
terre081 (3245)
11/15/2005 7:52:57 PM
Thanks that helped perfectly

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> One way
>
> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html
>
> can be adapted to your situation
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> "Pav" <Pav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for
> quantity.
> > I would like excel to import the appropriate image for a product once the
> > condition entered is that quantity is > 0. Is this possible? If so then
> > please help.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Pav

0
Pav (10)

images
How can I get attached images to display in the body of the email message instead of just as attachments? Outlook can only display images "inline" if the sender used HTML or Rich Text format for the message and embedded the image into the body. If the image was sent as an attachment, you will always receive it as an attachment. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:054101c3a0d1$84dcae90$a301280a@phx.gbl, innkeepers@churchtowninn.com...

Problem while converting excel to csv for Special Characters
Hi All, I need to convert excel sheet data into csv format data=20 file, but while doing so for some Eastern countries, like=20 Poland, special characters in the excel sheet are getting=20 converted into junk data e.g Excel Sheet Original line - Zesp=F3l Opieki Zdrowotnej w=20 Bedzinie Line when converted to CSV - Zesp=F3? Opieki Zdrowotnej w B? dzinie Really appreciate your response on this. Thanks, Pramod I'm not sure if this will help, but I just copied your first original line into a excel worksheet (USA xl2002) and saved it as .csv. I re-imported and it looked fine. I opened t...

Insert trigger

Formulas do not work in excel.
Formulas have been working but suddenly they will not add or subtract unless we click on the target cell. This happens in all excel files even in new worksheets. Try going to tools-option-calculation and click automatic if it is on manual. Let me know if it works. B "Flintlock98" wrote: > Formulas have been working but suddenly they will not add or subtract unless > we click on the target cell. This happens in all excel files even in new > worksheets. ...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Mail merge with Excel in Publisher 200
Whenever I open a merged document in Publisher with I merged with an Excel spreadsheet, I must re-establish my link with the spreadsheet (including any filters I originally set)--quite annoying. This is has not always been the case; I have some connections which have stayed connected. These could possibly be ones I did in an earlier version of Publisher. Is this a problem with just Publisher 2000 or is there a way to permanently connect my publisher document with my Excel spreadsheet? Thanks much! ...

Excel Re-Calc causes network traffic and very slow response times.
Platform: Excel Ver 2003 SP2 Windows XP SP2 Microsoft SBS Server 2003 Workstations: P4 2Ghz, 512 Mb Ram Problem: I have an excel file with hundreds of vlookup and indirect formulas. It has no links to any other spreadsheets. The file resides on a shared network drive on our server. When users do a recalc or change a number in the file causing a recalc it takes about 7 seconds... however after a bit of experimentation I find that if we open the file and then disconnect the workstations network cable the recalc takes less than one second ! Tried saving the file to the local drive of a workstati...

Excel related
when i opening excel application, excel with opening as default sheet2 page.whereas the default sheet1 should be open.please suggest. You may have another instance of Excel open, which has already used "Sheet1". The next available name is "Sheet2". - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Thiyagu" <Thiyagu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FFB321B-1442-40E9-A4E1-748A173F8F44@microsoft.com... > when i opening excel application, exc...

Need list of the different versions of Excel
In the past my first version of Excel was Version 5, now I use Version 8 (Microsoft Excel97). I would like to know the names (Version numbers) of all the Excels, starting with the first one. I am working on a project that I intend to offer for sale to the public. Therefore, want to know which versions it will work on. Maybe it will on some prior versions depending on what features are used. Thankyou Ed Hi Ed, http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85F71...

Publisher w/ digital imaging incl'd in prof office?
I apoligize for submitting this question here but can't find the answer on microsoft anywhere. I want to upgrade to Professional office and I use publisher all the time and am wondering if the Publisher 2003 w/ digital imaging comes in that suite. I am trying to decide what office to buy and that will make a huge impact on my decision. Thanks charles wrote: > I apoligize for submitting this question here but can't > find the answer on microsoft anywhere. > > I want to upgrade to Professional office and I use > publisher all the time and am wondering if the Publ...

Change operater in Excel formula
Hello, depending on a certain circumstances, a formula must change from "X = Y" to "X <> Y". Can this be done (e.g. using "if", or otherwise) ? Thank you in advance. Merry Christmas, H.G. Lamy You didn't give us a lot to work with, but I think you are looking for something like this... =IF(<<your condition>>,<<formula with x=y>>,<<formula with x<>y>>) -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "H.G. Lamy" <Enterplan@web.de> wrote in message news:upAoGxlhKHA.6136@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl.....

inserting hrs and minutes

Recolor embeded Excel graph in PowerPoint
Is there any way to recolor an embeded Excel graph colors to match the color scheme of targeted PowerPoint file? thanks. You could create a user-defined custom chart type with the colour schem of the presentation and apply it to the embedded chart. I am not aware of any in-built color synchronization between powerpoin and excel, though. - Leni -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com when you say "A user-defined custom chart type" Is this "Chart>Chart type>Custom types>User-defined" ? If yes. 1. Create the same type of graph with MS Graph. 2. Add...

Excel Read Only in New Windows 7 Installation
I have upgrade to Windows 7 Professional, installed Office Home and Student and copied my XP-created EXCEL files but now they are all Read Only. I assume this is due to the new installtion but have no recollection of any passwords in the XP version. Is there some file that contains this data that I can locate to correct the Windows 7 files? Thank you, Jim Harper -- JMorgNU perhaps those files were on a CD or DVD for the transfer? If then they can be read-only. Simply r-click on the File name and select Properties, and UNcheck the Read-only box. To do this for all the Files in a folder ...

Excel
The project I'm working on currently uses a ASP/JScript combination to popuate a CSV file. The file is then parsed into excel. I've written a function that handles some of the whitespace characters (via regular expressions) that mess up how the data is displayed in the cells. Often, the hidden char(10) and char(13) would push the data to another row. Due to the way that this is written right now, I'm also searching for commas and replacing them with the ASCII version as well as some other things to handle data formatting. Due to the way these are put into the excel document ...

Publisher w/ Digital Imaging
I just bought Publisher with Digital Imaging. I actually bought it for Publisher and just wanted to check out the bonus program that came with it. Wow! Digital Imaging is my favorite program now. You can do so many cool things with it. I also own Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. Digital Imaging is, I think, better than both of them. Why is it not sold separately? The only suggestions I have for Digital Imaging, are that a background eraser be added as in Jasc Paint Shop Pro and templates with more frames and photo projects be made available on the microsoft website for download. Also, PLEA...

Insert with a where condition

Exporting Excel Charts in Separate Tabs
I have an excel file with different charts on each tab. The Excel file has at least 20 tabs and I would like to export them into Word as a separate sheet per tab for a reference guide. Is there a way to export from excel without having to cut and paste each tab? I am using MS Office 2003. ...

Insert

financial excel formula
Trying to use excel to determine the % return on a stock from the tim you purchase until you sell, adjusted for time. ie., key in Pv o money today; input Fv or (the selling price); enter the amount of tim expressed in months or years (N); calc the rate of return %? p $50.00 FV $74.00 N 3 years % return =??? using a texas instruments ba-35 calculator th answer is 13.96%. Can't get this out of excel, any suggestions -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =RATE(3;0;-50;74) The financial function follow the rule that incoming and outgoing money are different in sign. Hence...

how to insert data in a table

In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will on.
In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will only load 65,000, how do I get to the rest of the file? MVP Chip Pearson's website has some code that may help you out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will only load >65,000, how do I get to the rest of the file? >. > > attached a VBS script that I wrote to do that. Was unable to save it, Jim .. Could you paste it in the message itself ? Thanks -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22...