Inserting a drop down list for each cell

:confused:
I need help.  I read and re-read the instructions on this on the hel
on Excel 2000 and I am very confused.  Why do they make it so hard?
just want to make a drop down list for each cell under each heading.
Is that so difficult? Can someone please help me out there

Easiest way is to just select the cells(range) you want and then create.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"RaveChic >" <<RaveChic.18bky5@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> :confused:
> I need help.  I read and re-read the instructions on this on the help
> on Excel 2000 and I am very confused.  Why do they make it so hard?  I
> just want to make a drop down list for each cell under each heading.
> Is that so difficult? Can someone please help me out there?
>

> ---

Don
6/23/2004 8:17:41 PM
There are instructions for creating data validation dropdown lists here:

RaveChic < wrote:
> :confused:
> I need help.  I read and re-read the instructions on this on the help
> on Excel 2000 and I am very confused.  Why do they make it so hard?  I
> just want to make a drop down list for each cell under each heading.
> Is that so difficult? Can someone please help me out there?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Copying and pasting a series of cells
When I copy and paste the following cell > =IF('13'!B13>0,'13'!B13,NA()) to the remainder of the days of the month, what I get is > =IF('13'!B14>0,'13'!B14,NA()) > =IF('13'!B15>0,'13'!B15,NA()) > etc But what I want to get is > =IF('14'!B13>0,'14'!B13,NA()) > =IF('15'!B13>0,'15'!B13,NA()) > etc I'd even settle for > =IF('13'!B13>0,'13'!B13,NA()) > =IF('13'!b13>0,'13'!B13,NA()) > etc whereafter I could just modify the fo...

Count with Hidden cells
Is there a way to count the number of text filled cells excluding the cells that I have hidden? Depends on the version of excel, excel 2003 works like =SUBTOTAL(103,A1:A10) won't count hidden cells -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Stretch" <Stretch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F387E47-FC1F-4AEB-8A6C-2B37BC012DD1@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to count the number of text filled cells excluding the > cells > that I have hidden? What does the 103 stand for? "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Depends on the v...

Linking a Column List to a Row List #2
Thanks for the help, it worked perfectly -- Mo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1250 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27428 ...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

format cell to show zero if not a positive number
How can I format a column of figures to show that if the result is zero or negative amount it will just show a zero or be left blank. I am attempting to show the difference between figures that have been invoiced to figures that have been added and thus need to be invoiced. Use a custom format like #,##0.00_);; or #,##0.00_);"0";"0" HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "TechnoGram" <mumzee3@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4183a06c-5eb1-4699-9efd-fd8a4bdd4e07@d62g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > How can I format a column of figures to show that if the result i...

Looking for cells containing numbers
Hi, in a column with cells containing either text or numbers I have to exclude those with text in an arithmetic formula as is runs through the whole column, hence avoiding an error as a result when reading text cells. A cloumn holding an intermediate result of the reading as "0" or "1" or something will be just fine. How to? Cheers, Thorkild You might be thinking of something like this ? Assuming the col with text/numbers is col A, A1 down Put in B1: =IF(ISTEXT(A1),0,A1) Copy B1 down Then use col B instead of col A for downstream calcs -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, ...

Include List Price in Purchase Order Report
How can I include the list price of the items in the "Purchase Order List Report". We need to include the prices so we can place the calculation for profit and have the Purchase Manager make accurate pricing decision. Exactly what report are you referring too. Is this a report from the reports tab in manager (yes possible) Is this the purchase order that is printed? (yes i believe this could be possible) or are you refering the the purchase order screen on the monitor? (i don't believe this would be possible without some sort of add-on.) -- Regards, Andy Miller RVP Busine...

Deleting a Windows Live ID from the drop-down list
On the sign-in page, the drop-down combo lists all the Windows Live ID's available. Is there a way to remove any one of the items in the list? Found the solution :-) Click the down arrow next where it says "sign in as", then click "forget me". "grovelli" wrote: > On the sign-in page, the drop-down combo lists all the Windows Live ID's > available. Is there a way to remove any one of the items in the list? "grovelli" <grovelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05823788-4A4B-4ACC-9033-4C8802C7AF43@m...

Insert trigger

Combining lists
I have two long lists of people with the last name in column A and the first name in column B. I'm trying to find out how I can isolate the people who appear on both lists. I was wondering if their is a formula that I could plug in between the two columns of each list, or if I could combine the information in column A and B to use the formula that you provided for my other lists List 1 in Col A, list 2 in Col D In B1 put =IF(COUNTIF(D:D,A1)>0,"MATCH","") and copy down as far as needed In E1 put =IF(COUNTIF(A:A,D1)>0,"MATCH","") and copy d...

Font in drop-down field too small
I created a drop-down field with multiple menu choices. I am not able to increase the font size for those menu choices. The adjacent cells have a much larger font, and I would like my spreadsheet to be consistent. If these are data validation dropdown lists, you can't change the font size. There are a couple of workarounds here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger Juana Cafe wrote: > I created a drop-down field with multiple menu choices. I am not able to > increase the font size for those menu choices. The adjacent cells have a > much larger font, and...

should be able to view more attributes on the item list
I would like to be able to view more options on the item list like the other attributes on the general tab. I need to be able to distinguish between color and size etc. and when going to item lookup, it is hard for me to do that when just looking at the description or lookup #. It would be nice to be able to view any of the colums on the detailed item list and choose the look of it like on the reports (the part where we can pick what fields show up on the report) or just an arrow and the ability to sort the way the columns show up in the box. Right now if I am not sure if I am choosing ...

inserting hrs and minutes

Automatic conditional formatting from a list
Hi All I need a macro that colours cells if the product name in column A on it's row matches any in the product list. There is a list of product names in C17:End(xlUp).Row, that have different backgrounds applied to each cell in the list. The macro looks at Column A in the worksheet & compares it to the product name list. Where it finds a product name match, it goes across to columns I:BJ (on the matched row) and applies the product name's background colour to any "active cells" (i.e. value >0). The following code does this but it's applies...

Worksheet name in cell formula
I asked this question a while ago and got a prompt answer which I thought was what I wanted but alas its not... I want to be able to change my worksheet names.....ie: from Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc etc.....to something more meaningful.....eg Sales, Expenses....etc etc.... and have these changes reflect on the worksheet. For example, I might want Sheet 1 Cell A1 to say.....This is the Sales worksheet (assuming I have renamed it to Sales). The answer I was given some time back worked.....but it changed the formula on every worksheet to reflect the name of the last changed sheet. By this I mean.....

VLOOKUP and cell color problem.
I have a spreadsheet to create a quotation/estimate and I use the VLOOKUP function to retrieve the price of an item on another worksheet. In that worksheet, I have several pricelists from various suppliers but one column gives me the lowest price and changes the cell color associated with the supplier so I know from which supplier the price comes from. Now my main quotation page displays the cheapest price but does not pass along the cell color which I need so i can tell, by looking at the quotation, which supplier i need to order each item from. Is there a way to pass along not only the va...

Calc Field to list invoices paid by same check on one line of repo
Hi I have a customer who wanted a check dump file to send to their bank. Once the bank receives the file (in txt or tab delimited), they will use the infomration to actually print the checks for the customer. (This is not a positive pay file situation.) I was able to take one of the check forms and modify it to get all the data required by the bank. I am running into a snafu with getting it down to one line per check with multiple invoices listed one one line. It is listing the total check and one line per each invoice paid by the check: Example: Ck 2345 for $800.00 -...

Subclassing List Control
I want to place a list control object in my dialog window; however I have some requirements on how the control is to appear. For example, the control is to appear with a black background, certain columns in the control are to be painted with specific foreground colors and a specific font is to be used. Can someone post an example on how I can alter the control's background color and how to paint specific columns using different foreground colors and fonts? Thanks Chris Take a look at www.codeguru.com for samples. List controls supports NM_CUSTOMDRAW which allows you to control each...

Insert with a where condition

limit one list box data set based on selection in another list box
I am using Access 2k to resolve a form problem where multiple list boxes are partially dependant on the value(s) in other list boxes. I keep reading that an unbound list box can be populated with data from the value of another list box, but how to do it is not explained. I have Vendors, Mfr, and ProductLines with list boxes for each. A vendor supplies the manufacturer's product lines. What I want to have done is the mfr list and productline list fill in the appropriate (related) data based on the vendor. The tables are normalized and all the key values are present (vendorid, mfrId, PL...

Insert

how to insert data in a table