Insert Rows into an existing array

I have a spreadsheet with a series of formulas in various columns. I now want
to insert more rows that will follow the formula rules of the existing
columns. How do I overcome the message "you cannot change part of an array"?

Thanks in advance
0
Pav (10)

Pav,

Go to the cells that have the array entered formula, select them, enter edit
mode (when the first cell is the active cell), press home, and insert a
single quote, then press Ctrl-Enter (not Ctrl0Shift-Enter).  Do this for all
multi-cell array formulas.  Then insert your rows, then reselect the cells
(plus extra for the newly inserted rows) then enter edit mode, press home,
delete the single quote, and press Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

When you use multi-cell array formulas, you need to be aware of that
limitation, and design your sheets accordingly.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Pav" <Pav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a spreadsheet with a series of formulas in various columns. I now
want
> to insert more rows that will follow the formula rules of the existing
> columns. How do I overcome the message "you cannot change part of an
array"?

> Thanks in advance

0
Bernie

Linking a Column List to a Row List #2
Thanks for the help, it worked perfectly -- Mo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1250 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27428 ...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Alternate Row Shading
I'm a newbie who's got a five-column worksheet and about 900 rows, most of them already typed. Grateful if someone could advise how to shade all of the rows in an alternate fashion, i.e., light-gray, then dark-gray, etc. Thanks! AB Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Alex_Bachrach wrote: > I'm a newbie who's got a five-column worksheet and about 900 rows, > most of them already typed. Grateful if someone could advise how to > shade all of the rows in an alternate fashion, i.e., light-gray, then > dark-...

Excel
When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are displayed. Your question has fallen into an Access news group. Try an Excel news group for a better chance at getting a quick answer. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Rachel" wrote: > When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are displayed. "Rachel" <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> 在郵件 news:DE18E8EF-5A6D-4661-A768-41D3B4D85D6C@microsoft.com 中撰寫... > When using auto-filtering, how can I "number" how many records are ...

Insert trigger

How To Copy Rows without Work Art
I have some Word Art in say Rows 9-23, I use some Macro code to copy cells 9-23 down to 10 grouped rows below 23, but everytime I run the Macro it also copies a 'New' Work Art over the existing Art below Row 15. My fear is that my file size will balloon. My code simply states Sheets("Starters").Select Rows("9:23").Select Selection.Copy Range("A25").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("A41").Select ActiveSheet.Paste How can I copy Rows 9-23 without the WorkArt also (which is 'floating' over Rows 14-18) Thanks Anot...

empty rows at bottom of worksheet
My worksheet has about 66,000 empty rows at the bottom of the sheet and that affects my usage of the scrollbar on the right of the screen. Anyone know how i can get rid of those miscellaneous rows? Michael If you will turn on the page break preview (piece of paper with a magnifying glass) which is the icon on the on the Standard Toolbar to the right of the Printer icon it will show you exactly what is going to print. There are solid blue lines that the edge of the page, the dashed blue lines are soft page breaks. Find the solid blue line at the bottom of the spreadsheet and drag it ...

inserting hrs and minutes

Empty rows
When I do Shift+Page Down+End+Arrow Down from the first selected row, it goes to row 65,536. How do I get it to go to the end of the report (the last typed row)? Connie Hi clear your used range first: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Connie Martin" <Connie Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:61708D1A-8D45-4213-A35A-54953A8C90E5@microsoft.com... > When I do Shift+Page Down+End+Arrow Down from the first selected row, it goes > to row 65,536. How do I get it to go to the end of the re...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

Auto Sum unknown number of rows
Im using odbc to import data from a database. Imported is a list of products in column A and then various columns containing sales figures. Because of the import from the database, I do not know how many rows of products will appear, this week we sell 500 different products, next week 550. I need to add totals to the columns directly under the last product. I've tried creating the totals in an empty template and then inserting the imported data so the total figures move down and appear at the bottom. However the imported data moves the total cells to the right instead of down. Tried ...

how to insert data in a table

insert downloads into power point

Select alternate rows to copy
I would like to select alternate rows within a range on a worksheet to copy to another sheet. Any ideas on how to do this? -- Christina Christina Use a spare column (I used B but any will do), enter this formula and copy down to the full extent of your data. You will get alternating TRUE, FALSE =MOD(ROW(A2),2)=0 Now invoke an autofilter (Data>Filter>Autofilter) and filter on which one you want. Copy that data and pate to another sheet. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Christina" <Christina@disc...

Insert a blank row

Combine rows of data and use if/then with results
Greetings, I am trying to combine rows of data for e-learning students and then determine certification status; here’s an extract as an example: Smith Module 1 Completed Jones Module 1 Completed Doe Module 1 Not Started Smith Module 2 Completed Jones Module 2 Completed Doe Module 2 Not Started Smith Module 3 Completed Jones Module 3 In Progress Doe Module 3 Not Started First I’d like to sort by Last Name. Once sorted I need status – if all 3 modules completed, status='certified'. If only 1 or 2 have been completed, status='in progress', if none have been...

Excel trying to open files no longer existing..
I don't know what I did, but now when I open Excel it tries to open 2 or 3 files that no longer exist. How do I stop this? I believe it had something to do with Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types in that area of Explorer, but I can't figure out what to do to make it work fine again. Shawn Give us some more detail. You say Excel "tries to .....". Exactly what do you see that makes you think that is what is happening? If Excel is commanded to open a file that doesn't exist, you will get an error message. Do you get an error message? If y...

Insert dataset to another database

How do I insert a letter into an existing word document?
I am working on a large document that I need to add several letters that are on our letterhead. If I cut and paste the letter, the letterhead header becomes skewed. This is just one issue I'm having with the document! Also need to know how to merge 3 separate documents together once I insert the letters that I need! Help! What do you mean by "skewed"? To preserve the data from the header of the document, you will need to insert it into a Section of its own separated from the rest of the document by Next page Section breaks before and after it with the headers...

Delete fixed rows in Excel
Is it possible to delete fixed rows or columns in Excel. Thanks in advance. Regards, Arjun and the definition of "fixed" is? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Arjun" <Arjun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:906BF7E8-50A8-458E-AC5B-D0D246727A5C@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to delete fixed rows or columns in Excel. > > Thanks in advance. > > Regards, > Arjun The rows on the top of the page (grey in color). "Don Guillett" wrote: > and the definition of "fixed" is? > >...