Index Function #2

I have posted the file DB Practice.xls, at https://mediafire.com, I beleive
that this is a file sharing site unlike the previous site.

I think the questions contained in the file explain the problem I am having
with the index function. I am trying to retreive the intersecting cell value
using the Index Function. I can enter row and column arguments manually and
it works, but when I point to cells on other sheets containing the same
values for the arguments the function returns a ERROR. I wouls appreciate
help. Thanks
0
Gulfman100 (20)

I think we need a link to the specific file - at which ever site you've got
it at, not just a link to the site's home/main page.
Can you send the file to me as an attachment to an email?  If so, send to
(remove spaces from address)
Help From @ jlathamsite. com

I can get it after work today and even post to my webisite and give link to
it for others who may want to jump in and help to grab a copy easily.

"Gulfman100" wrote:

> I have posted the file DB Practice.xls, at https://mediafire.com, I beleive
> that this is a file sharing site unlike the previous site.
>
> I think the questions contained in the file explain the problem I am having
> with the index function. I am trying to retreive the intersecting cell value
> using the Index Function. I can enter row and column arguments manually and
> it works, but when I point to cells on other sheets containing the same
> values for the arguments the function returns a ERROR. I wouls appreciate
> help. Thanks
Jerry,

The OP replied to their own post with a link to the file. Maybe you're not
seeing that reply?

Here's the link if you want to look at the file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?trf3x2zin04

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JLatham" <HelpFrom @ Jlathamsite.com.(removethis)> wrote in message
>I think we need a link to the specific file - at which ever site you've got
> it at, not just a link to the site's home/main page.
> Can you send the file to me as an attachment to an email?  If so, send to
> (remove spaces from address)
> Help From @ jlathamsite. com
>
> I can get it after work today and even post to my webisite and give link
> it for others who may want to jump in and help to grab a copy easily.
>
> "Gulfman100" wrote:
>
>> I have posted the file DB Practice.xls, at https://mediafire.com, I
>> beleive
>> that this is a file sharing site unlike the previous site.
>>
>> I think the questions contained in the file explain the problem I am
>> having
>> with the index function. I am trying to retreive the intersecting cell
>> value
>> using the Index Function. I can enter row and column arguments manually
>> and
>> it works, but when I point to cells on other sheets containing the same
>> values for the arguments the function returns a ERROR. I wouls appreciate
>> help. Thanks

0
biffinpitt (3172)
4/11/2008 4:26:21 PM
Ahhh...So.  I'll try looking at that this evening - nothing in the inbox here
at the moment, and now it would seem that there need not be.  And you were
right - I missed that other post somehow, where ever that was at.

"T. Valko" wrote:

> Jerry,
>
> The OP replied to their own post with a link to the file. Maybe you're not
> seeing that reply?
>
> Here's the link if you want to look at the file:
>
> http://www.mediafire.com/?trf3x2zin04
>
> --
> Biff
> Microsoft Excel MVP
>

> "JLatham" <HelpFrom @ Jlathamsite.com.(removethis)> wrote in message
> >I think we need a link to the specific file - at which ever site you've got
> > it at, not just a link to the site's home/main page.
> > Can you send the file to me as an attachment to an email?  If so, send to
> > (remove spaces from address)
> > Help From @ jlathamsite. com
> >
> > I can get it after work today and even post to my webisite and give link
> > it for others who may want to jump in and help to grab a copy easily.
> >
> > "Gulfman100" wrote:
> >
> >> I have posted the file DB Practice.xls, at https://mediafire.com, I
> >> beleive
> >> that this is a file sharing site unlike the previous site.
> >>
> >> I think the questions contained in the file explain the problem I am
> >> having
> >> with the index function. I am trying to retreive the intersecting cell
> >> value
> >> using the Index Function. I can enter row and column arguments manually
> >> and
> >> it works, but when I point to cells on other sheets containing the same
> >> values for the arguments the function returns a ERROR. I wouls appreciate
> >> help. Thanks

Well, now it seems I'm not doing something right - the link seems to get
hijacked to some "AtomicRewards.com" site.  Arrrrrggggg....