In Excel 2007, how does one view horizontal and vertical rulers?

When I try to click on rulers (it is checked but grayed out), I cannot get my
vertical ruler or horizontal scroll bar to appear.  What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!
0
DeenyH (2)

1) View | Worksheet View | Page Layout    'so you see the worksheet with
headers etc
2) View| Show/Hide | check Ruler   ' now both rules are present
You may need to scroll down a little to see numbers on the vertical ruler
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Deeny H" <DeenyH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to click on rulers (it is checked but grayed out), I cannot get
> my
> vertical ruler or horizontal scroll bar to appear.  What am I doing wrong?
> Thanks!

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
5/22/2008 3:06:24 PM
Bernard, you are a genius!!  Thank you so very much for your help.  Is there
any way I can save the view with the ruler and scroll as the default view?

Thanks again!

DeenyH

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> 1) View | Worksheet View | Page Layout    'so you see the worksheet with
> headers etc
> 2) View| Show/Hide | check Ruler   ' now both rules are present
> You may need to scroll down a little to see numbers on the vertical ruler
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
>
> "Deeny H" <DeenyH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I try to click on rulers (it is checked but grayed out), I cannot get
> > my
> > vertical ruler or horizontal scroll bar to appear.  What am I doing wrong?
> > Thanks!

0
DeenyH (2)