Import Problem #3

Using Excel 2003, my problem is to import from a csv file into Excel.  Easy
enough, except I require the top, leftmost cell to be in E10 not A1.
There are a lot of text entries, and formulas already in place, and avoiding
redoing those everytime a download and import is ordered will be a great
enhancement to efficient operations.
Thanks
Pepper
0
Pepper (24)

What about using "Replace" from the "Edit" menu to fix the formulas that call
A1 and replace with E10?  Might not be quite that simple, but could save a
bunch of time.

--
If my posting was helpful, please click the "Yes" button.

ROCK ON!,

Scott

"Pepper" wrote:

> Using Excel 2003, my problem is to import from a csv file into Excel.  Easy
> enough, except I require the top, leftmost cell to be in E10 not A1.
> There are a lot of text entries, and formulas already in place, and avoiding
> redoing those everytime a download and import is ordered will be a great
> enhancement to efficient operations.
> Thanks
> Pepper
0
porter444 (1)
11/21/2008 7:26:02 PM
Hi,

You can open a text file directly into Excel via File, Open.  In which case
it doesn't matter where you are because Excel automatically opens the file as
a new file, which you can then copy over to any location you choose in
another workbook.  You still get the import wizard.

If you are doing this via the Data, Import External Data, Import Data
command you are prompted for the location where you want to put the data so
you can select E1 rather than A1 or any other cell.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Pepper" wrote:

> Using Excel 2003, my problem is to import from a csv file into Excel.  Easy
> enough, except I require the top, leftmost cell to be in E10 not A1.
> There are a lot of text entries, and formulas already in place, and avoiding
> redoing those everytime a download and import is ordered will be a great
> enhancement to efficient operations.
> Thanks
> Pepper

FILL SERIES #3
I am working with mulitple workbooks that are linked to one master report that is to be updated with data entered in the workbooks. When I am creating a formula =sum('[Smith.xls]NOVEMBER 7'!$G$2), I want this formula to fill down the column but switch to the appropriate numbered row, i.e. =sum('[Smith.xls]NOVEMBER 7'!$G$3) but that is not working in Excel 2003. When I right click on the fill handle, I use to get a shortcut menu which would allow me to fill series but it's grayed out. I am manually entering the correct row number to make the formula have the correc...

Permissions problem
I have been having a weird problem lately. I Have OL2003 upgraded from 2002 and I sync with AS3.7.1 I also have a programm called Neo that looks-up email messages and filters them. For the past two months every time I run either AS or Neo and OL is open I get an error and OL shuts down. I cannot open it again as long as one of these programs is working. Sync doesn't work and NEo does not have acess to the data until I restart it when OL is closed. Same for AS, Will not sync if OL is open. How can I allow these programs to to have permissions to OL? -- (�`�.��.���`�.��.->YmK<-.��....

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

Problems comming with change of Windows OS versions
Hi all, I work on MFC ,Dialog based applications........ when I develop an application and test it ,frequently I am facing one problem...It is the applications are working fine in one Windows OS version( consider XP) but if I test it another Windows OS version like( 98,2k,XPSP2)..there are some problems(like not underlining the shortcut keys,images not getting displayed..etc ) which are comming in that particular OS version only.... I want to know the reason behind this.....why is it working fine in one OS & not in other...?? I have clearly checked that the commands are g...

excel 97 xml import

Problem with displaying images in forms
I have a problem with Microsoft Access 2007: there is a possibility to insert a picture into OLE Object field in Forms. However, it does not work: whenever I insert an image into OLE field in forms, it does not insert an image, but an icon of it, a Package. I did not check the field to insert icon: I want to have an image. But I always get an icon. Do you know how to make Access to display actual images instead of icons? I use Office 2007 on Windows 7 Professional 32-bit. I tried also Access 2010 beta--the problem occurs there too. Use an UNbound object frame. -- Milton Purd...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

PUBLISHER TEXT BOX PROBLEMS
HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND THE WRITING WHITE? I CAN ONLY SEEM TO MAKE THE WHOLE PAGE BLACK. Three steps are needed. #1 Replace or fix your keyboard so it isn't stuck on Caps Lock. #2 Select the text frame and then color it black. #3 With the text frame selected, use Ctrl-A to highlight all text and click on the text color icon to choose white. -- Ron "cataloguemaker" <cataloguemaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCAF0C9F-1FE2-4A76-9431-CCB37FFCFF68@microsoft.com... > HOW DO I MAKE THE BACKGROUND OF A TEXT BOX BLACK AND ...

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

MS Publisher 2002 #3
I just got a new Dell PC with XP. I installed MS Publisher 2002 Deluxe with 3 CDs. I have installed all 3 CDs. I have access to a lot more clip art now but when I select clip art to insert, I get the message " file xxx is on 09PRMCD02, please insert disk". Why don't I have this disk and where do I get it? THanks. Have you tried inserting each of the disks (one at a time) to see if the file is on the disks? When you install the program, you have a choice as to whether you want to install all of the clip art or not. It defaults to "not". If that is the proble...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Problem with a stored procedure called from Dexterity
I’ve a trigger called from Startup procedure thus: R = Trigger_RegisterDatabase(anonymous(table SY_ResourceActivity), form POP_PO_Entry, TRIGGER_ON_DB_DELETE, script POP_Trigger_Aprueba_OC); if R<>SY_NOERR then warning "POP_Aprueba_OC"; end if; My POP_Aprueba_OC trigger is: inout anonymous table SY_ResourceActivity; local long sproc_Status; if 'User ID' of table SY_ResourceActivity = 'User ID' of globals then if 'Rule ID' of table SY_ResourceActivity = 1001 then call ICONPOP_ApruebaOC, sproc_Status, '...

"Enter Network Password" Problem
I have posted before in this group and received the suggestion to check out: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290684 and I did this and followed every step to try to resolve the problem of Outlook wanting me to enter my password every time I open the program and then every few minutes after that. I've even tried uninstalling the entire Outlook program and reinstalling, removing my email account and then adding it as a new one. The problem does not seem to be with Gmail, my email account. When I try to edit the registry to remove the information, there is nothing under the Protected Stor...

Relay Problem #3
My exchange 5.5 SP4 server is/was an open relay. I went in and told it to never reroute smtp mail, and now none of my email boxes can get mail delivered to it. What should I do? One of my clients running Exchange 5.5 was running a Open Relay. You can tell this by opening up and telneting into port 25 and seeing if you can send mail through that port. If you get a blocked message you are not running an open relay, if you can relay a message through your exchange server then I followed a webpage on microsoft on securing exchange 5.5. I remember that it had to do with locking down who yo...

importing email

import pdf table

Excel 2003

Field missing upon XML import