ignoring errors

Helllo,

I have a spreadsheet (rather a big one) which shows an error (triangle in
the corner of the cell) in all the cells of a single column. I understand
the (apparent) errors and need to 'ignore' them. I know how to do this one
by one, but there are over 700 cells in the column. Is there a way of
selecting all the affected cells & 'ignoring' the errors in one go ?

I dont want to turn off the error checking because the same error could turn
up elsewhere .

Thanks

KK

0
KRK

On my copy of XL2003, if I select all the cells with a triangle "error"
indicator that I want to clear the error from (your selection can also
include cells without the triangle indicator if necessary), a small box with
an exclamation mark inside a diamond shape appears to the right of the
selection... clicking it produces a drop down list in which "Ignore Error"
is one of the listed items... click that entry and the triangles go away.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"KRK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Helllo,
>
> I have a spreadsheet (rather a big one) which shows an error (triangle in
> the corner of the cell) in all the cells of a single column. I understand
> the (apparent) errors and need to 'ignore' them. I know how to do this one
> by one, but there are over 700 cells in the column. Is there a way of
> selecting all the affected cells & 'ignoring' the errors in one go ?
>
> I dont want to turn off the error checking because the same error could
> turn up elsewhere .
>
> Thanks
>
> KK

0
Rick
1/10/2010 4:20:53 PM
Hello & thanks, this works fine tho the little box with ! can be difficult
to spot.

Thanks again

KK

"Rick Rothstein" <rick.newsNO.SPAM@NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote in message
> On my copy of XL2003, if I select all the cells with a triangle "error"
> indicator that I want to clear the error from (your selection can also
> include cells without the triangle indicator if necessary), a small box
> with an exclamation mark inside a diamond shape appears to the right of
> the selection... clicking it produces a drop down list in which "Ignore
> Error" is one of the listed items... click that entry and the triangles go
> away.
>
> --
> Rick (MVP - Excel)
>

> "KRK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Helllo,
>>
>> I have a spreadsheet (rather a big one) which shows an error (triangle in
>> the corner of the cell) in all the cells of a single column. I understand
>> the (apparent) errors and need to 'ignore' them. I know how to do this
>> one by one, but there are over 700 cells in the column. Is there a way of
>> selecting all the affected cells & 'ignoring' the errors in one go ?
>>
>> I dont want to turn off the error checking because the same error could
>> turn up elsewhere .
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> KK

0
KRK

clicking TOOLS/OPTIONS gives me error msg "cannot access dir D:/"
I need to change settings in the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu. But when I click on any tab in the OPTIONS menu it gives me the error message "cannot access dir D:/documents" I may have changed the name of that directory at some point and I suspect that is the problem. However I still need to change settings in the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu. How do I fix it? Hi Lori Close Excel Add this directory D:/documents and try again And try again -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Lori Rossi" <Lori Rossi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34A25E1A-D...

Unknow dictionary error
Monday morn Last night I copied the server's "shared documents" folder to another disk in the server. And shared it as "Shared Documents." This morning, from the GP's client computer, the "Unkown Dictionary" error message is display when attempting to log in. I moved the MSBS folder back to the original location, shared the original "Shared Documents" folder as "Shared Documents" and provided sharing permissions. The security permissions had not changed. I have rebooted the client machine. Still the error is displayed. Guidan...

Malicious Code error when opening a custom outlook form
After installing Visio 2003 on XP Professional with Microsoft Office 2002 installed, I get the following error when I launch a custom outlook form... "To help prevent malicious code from running, one or more objects in this form were not loaded. For more information, contact your administrator." Has anyone seen this or know how to address it? ...

Problem with eConnect 8.0
Hi, i am using Great Plains 8.0 with eConnect 8.0, and the db is mssql 2005 eConnect was originally installed on a web server and the stored procedures were installed on the GP server running sql 2000 at the time. the server was migrated to sql 2005. the eConnect stored procedures were not installed on all companies, and now we need to install it on another company. we go to the install, and choose INSTALL ADDITIONNAL COMPANIES, and select the instance of sql, then select the db to install to. The install goes through, and then when we try to use our custom app, we get an error and a...

Another debug error # 1004
Can someone help me with this? I can not figure out why it is happening. I get a debug error # 1004 on the line that says sh.cut. It works fine all the formulas are gone but it will not continue with the rest of the code. The sheet has a lot of data in it. CODE With ActiveSheet ..Name = myname 'removes formulas ..UsedRange.Value = .UsedRange.Value For Each sh In .Shapes 'Debug is on next line sh.Cut Next sh End With There are a lot of shapes that you can't cut--comments, data|validation dropdowns, dropdown arrows from autofilter. If you know what you want to cut, you m...

Outlook 2000 errors when receiving incoming mail
I have all the upgrades to SP3. My Outlook keeps reporting an error messgage and exits to the main window. This happens when incoming mail arrives. Any "understandable" fixes... You might check for a virus, then run scanpst.exe on you pst file. I this fails then run detect and repair under help. This is what I would try first, then reinstall last. Just some ideas ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

MAPI error #2
Hi, I have a single Exchange 2003 in 2003 AD environment. I conrinuously get event id 5 error in log that reads " An unexpected MAPI error occurred. Error returned was [0x80004005]". I searched Microsoft KB but found support only for Exchange 2000. Projecting that in my case, I in fact have two system folder (under Public folders) that have duplicates in name but with different GUIDs. These are StoreEvents and OWAScratchPad. Does this look like something wrong. Is it safe to delete them as the KB suggests for Exchange 2000.T Thanks Yba Too much of a leap from a single 80...

"Publisher has detected a problem in the file" error message 11009
"Publisher has detected a problem in the file you are trying to open. To protect your computer, Publisher will not open the file." "Was this information helpful?" What? What information? Four days working on a brochure and now I can't open it! Any suggestions or places to start? Note possible related event. This occurred after deleting McAfee Security software, and the file has internal hyperlinks (hyperlinks to pages within document" Do you know anyone else with Publisher? Send it to them and see if they can open it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [P...

.NET 3.5 update failed, error #0x8007064C
Windows update downloaded and failed to install updates for .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.5 initially. Found instructions to download cleanup tool, remove both 2.0 and 3.5 and manually reinstall them. The problem with 2.0 went away, but the update installer thinks I still need the update for 3.5 and keeps trying to install it, and failing with the error code: 0x8007064C It's blocking all other updates. Please suggest how to fix it. Hello Steve, Google is your friend. A search for this error code showed this as the first of many entries: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958055/en-u...

http://LongPathTool.com
http://LongPathTool.com - Copy, Unlock and Delete Path Too Long files Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copyi...

email stuck in outbox: receiving error message
My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do send to the recepient, but never switch over to my sent box. Go to the 'Tools' menu, then options. In the first / 'Preferences' window that appears (tab shown at the top) click on 'E-mail Options'. Make sure there's a check mark in the box that says 'Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder'. If this is already done, you might want to note the exact text of the error message and do a search in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. >-----Original Message----- >My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do s...

Error when trying to save data
Hello, This is a new CRM install on a Windows 2003 server. The problem is an error whenever we try to save any data. When checking from the server looks like this: Server Error in '/' Application. A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (crmFormSubmitXml="<systemuser><firstna..."). Description: Request Validation has detected a potentially dangerous client Can someone please send out the fix information "In detail" including links, and locations of files? Thanks, Mark Microsoft CRM is not designed to run on server 2003. ...

physical memory error
Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump "Beginning dump of physical memory Physic" <Beginning dump of physical memory Physic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC5738C0-EFF8-4912-8D04-80552972611B@microsoft.com... > Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump Maybe you should Google toilet and flush. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." Good luck, this happened to mine and it was a bad memory card along with virus and trogans even though I...

Windows 7 Upgrade from XP Pro IE 8 Certificate Errors
My PC was recently upgraded from XP Pro to Windows 7 Pro. I had IE 8 before on XP, but now I am getting certificate errors for many of the sites that I regularly visit including our companies own intranet site, google mail, several financial institutions websites, etc. I know these sites are safe, but I cannot figure out what the upgrade process has done to my system to cause me to get these certificate errors. I have spent much time googling, and tried many different IE setttings, double checked the date time setting on my machine etc. all to no avail. PLEASE HELP!!! Below ...

Word: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time ...
Upon opening some previously created Word 2003 documents, users on our network are receiving the message: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would you like to continue opening it? At which point the document can not be opened and the user is presented with the option to pull available unformatted text from the <ocument. ... or ... Word stops responding completely and you have to end-task on Word. Searching Microsoft will tell that you can remove the documents in question from the disabled list in Word. Indeed you can, but thi...

Error Message: Cannot start outlook after clicking a webpage link
When going to a website, if I try to click on a person's name to send that person an email using Outlook 07, I get an error that says: "Cannot start microsoft outlook" HELP! Can you start Outlook normally from the Start Menu? "chmoee" <chmoee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85209C75-2A81-4BB1-8866-22D7B1E48EBD@microsoft.com... > When going to a website, if I try to click on a person's name to send that > person an email using Outlook 07, I get an error that says: "Cannot start > microsoft outlook" > HELP! Yes, I c...

odbc error
Hi- I'm trying to export some data from OmniForm into Excel. There are 25 fields - 20 are short responses. 5 are memo/comment fields. I get an ODBC error: [Microsoft][ODBC MS Excel Driver] String data, right truncated(null) it only imports the first record (which has 2 blank fields at the end?/) then returns the error. If I remove the last 5 comment fields - all records export fine. I have MDAC 2.8 on my XP - using Excel 2002. I'm in a crunch to get this data... any ideas??? thanks in Advance! Cindy ...

Error 13 #2
Hi Chip Thanks for answering I really dont know, but to rows hides before the error occours. I have no problem run this macro in office 2000, nor in 95 on m computer, but on other computer with 97 I get this problem. I have discovered that the code works fine also in 97 if column A i empty. //Thoma -- Jonsso ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jonsson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=547 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27501 ...

GP error #2
We had this error, any suggestion? Event Type: Error Event Source: Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 27/03/2007 Time: 9:49:13 AM User: N/A Computer: GP01 Description: #50070: Unable to connect to the database STS_CONFIG on NM3KAP00. Check the database connection information and make sure that the database server is running. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. ...

Backup error: sysft_ftcat_documentationindex
I'm trying to run a full database backup from MS Sql Server 2005 on my MSCRM_CompanyName database and I'm getting an error: "The backup of the file or filegroup "sysft_ftcat_documentationindex" is not permitted because it is not online. BACKUP can be performed by using the FILEGROUP or FILE clauses to restrict the selection to include online data" The "FILEGROUP or FILE" backup does run if I exclude the sysft_ftcat_documentationindex", but I'm concerned that something important will be missed if I need to fall back to my backup. Can anyon...

From access 2003 to 97 conversion error
Hi, I have Access 2003 I have an old customer application that would read only Access 97 databases. I am linking an Informix DB table to a Access 2003 db table. I then try to convert the Access 2003 into an Access 97 table for my legacy app. It fails to convert because of an invalid data type. This seems to be happening to all decimal values. Any clue where I should do this tune-up. 1) ODBC 2) Access Thanks Francois Hi Francois, IIRC Access 97 doesn't support the Decimal data type. You'll need to convert them to Doubles or Currency before exporting. On Mon, 5 Jul ...

Simple function giging me a syntax error, please help!
Hello All, I am at a loss why I can't get a simple price. Public Function ServiceZone(Mileage) As Currency 'created 8.22.2007 Dim Crit Crit = "([szMileageFrom] => " & Mileage & ") " Crit = Crit & "And ([szMileageTo] =< " & Mileage & ") " ServiceZone = DLookup("szChargeAmount", "tblServiceZones", Crit) End Function To Test: ?ServiceZone(4.5) <--- this should give me 35.00 but instead I get a syntax error "missing operator in query expression '([szMileageFrom]=> 4.5 A...

Error 550, Nul Characters are not allowed. need HELP ASAP
Hi I have the following problem and i cannot find the solution to it, i have tried most everything, and searched the web for a month now trying to figure this out. i Have one specific computer in a network, trying to reach some specififc email adresses and same location, and i always get this error in return. I have tried with win98, windows 2000 and windows xp i have tried with express 6, outlook 2000, outlook 2002, and outlook 2003 and eudora mail. i have even replaced the computer with a new one(new used one), and i still have this problem. how can i resolve this, and what is the spe...

Certain e-mails get bounced back to me with the following error.
Please help, Certain contacts I could send to recently now come back undelivered with the following error message. I have looked into the knowledge base and nothing matches. 553 Sorry, that domain isn't allowed (#5.7.1) Thank you in advance for any assistance. Lance You may need to authenticate to your outgoing server, which can be set up on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Lance Stevens" <lance_of_denver@yahoo.com> wr...

Runtime Error in Money 2003
http://www.favron.com/images/money_2003_error.jpg The above link is an image of the error message. Has anyone ever seen this error or know why it could have happened? It happened for the first time when I closed the program, and I'm not too worried because money seemed to have restarted ok. I'm just trying to make sure. Thanks :) Robin In microsoft.public.money, Robin wrote: >http://www.favron.com/images/money_2003_error.jpg >The above link is an image of the error message. > >Has anyone ever seen this error or know why it could have >happened? It happened for th...