if we enter number(500) in cell A1, can we display it as five hun.

if we enter number(500) in cell A1, can we display it as five hun...
0
shaj (1)

shaj, have a look here
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q95640

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 2003
"shaj" <shaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> if we enter number(500) in cell A1, can we display it as five hun...

0
newspab (272)

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

starting a cell with a /
Is it possible to do this? I want one of my columns to contain a directory name, which in unix starts with a forward slash. I can put a space in front of it, but I'd rather not. Thanks in advance, Hi try '/ the apostrophe won't display or print Cheers JulieD "G. Mule" <none@nev.dull> wrote in message news:q2aig012f99ms2o0sbbkckp8jlg3f88t4j@4ax.com... > Is it possible to do this? > > I want one of my columns to contain a directory name, which in unix > starts with a forward slash. > > I can put a space in front of it, but I'd rather not. ...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

Format cells for hexadecimal numbers
How do I format cells so I can enter numbers directly in hex format. I will then operate on them and also convert to binary or decimal using the hex2bin function. Text -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 dont forget excel only can do math on decimal numbers. you can put A in a cell but excel not see it as 10, just a text. every hex or bin number must be convert to dec to do math. "Ricsastir" <Ricsastir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10E72290-7D7F-4C34-B2EF-C72686BC2CE1@microsoft.com... | How do I format cells so I can enter numbers dir...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007
Hello, I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he enters a task in Project Professional. For example: You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource allocation is set to 50%. Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the task. Open project professional and view the task information for the task entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of 50% set for th...

Can .Net Framework2.0 replace Framework1.1 entirely?
Can .Net Framework2.0 replace Framework1.1 entirely? I encounters a strange problem while we upgrades Framework from 1.1 to 2.0. We develops a problem by VS.Net2003 that is based on Framework1.1. The problem is based MFC, that means we writes unmanaged code. We compiled the problem by VS.net2003 and FrameWork1.1, then distributes to user. In user's environment, it installed .Net Framework2.0, but not Framework 1.1. then a strange problem appears. when user inputs Japanese characters by IME in a popup window, it doesn't work. for example, while user inputs "あい" by I...

Unique lot numbers
We have switched from using serial numbers to lot numbers on a number of our products, as we must track additional data with each item. The only problem that we (i.e. I) didn't forsee was that you can have multiple identical lot numbers. I know this is obvious, but it just didn't click. Otherwise lot numbers makes perfect sense for us. Can I make the lot # field a primary key, or otherwise restrict it to unique entries? The way we're set up, we dont have any items that would require duplicate lot numbers, nor would we. Thanks for any thoughts. GP 9.0, SQL Server 2000. ...

Excel 2002
Hello. I am having problems filtering out phone numbers starting with 230745* in a column. I can filter out text but not numbers. Any ideas? If the entries truly are numbers, and assuming they are 10 digit numbers, then you need to use one criteria of >=2307450000 and another of <=2307459999 "Mike Faulkner" wrote: > Hello. I am having problems filtering out phone numbers starting with 230745* > in a column. I can filter out text but not numbers. Any ideas? I found this solution: Autofilter doesn't work with digits as if they were other characters (e.g. l...

Enter formula by code.
Hi All can anyone help. I cant seem to get this to work. I keep getting run time error 1004 application or object defined error. Public Sub TLIdentify() finalrow = Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("AV26:AV" & finalrow).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(OR(RC[-38]>0,RC[-32]>0,RC[-26]>0,RC[-20]>0,RC[-14]>0,RC[-8]>0,RC[-2]>0),VLOOKUP(RC4,'Team Summary'!R4C3:R16C4,2,0),"")" End Sub -- Regards and Thanks for any assistance. Francis Brown...

My unwanted email messages can't be deleted
I just got a new laptop and when I try to delete my email messages, they show a line thru the middle, but they won't go away. Also, there are many messages in my new email that have been deleted long ago from my desktop. What to do? Thanks so much. "Cheyenne" <Cheyenne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DFD705B-A11D-47DE-9AEF-94F2A1A38C3E@microsoft.com... >I just got a new laptop and when I try to delete my email messages, they >show > a line thru the middle, but they won't go away. > > Also, there are many messages in my new emai...

Auto Protecting cells & auto filling date
I wonder if anyone can tell me if it is possible to auto proect cells after data has been entered? Basically I have a spreadsheet that has two levels of protection - some cells are password protected and others available for all to enter data into. What I would like to achieve is once data has been entered into a row in the editable area that row becomes part of the password protected area automatically. Also is it possible to use the NOW (or similar) function to populate one cell with a date when another is filled? Ie a log entry is made in column B. When some data is entered into colum...

Can not use contact list in Mail Merge
When trying to import a contact list to use in Mail Mrge, from Microsoft Outlook, I get the following message: " Either there is no default mail client or current mai client cannot fullfil the messaging request. Please run outlook and set it as the default mail client" I did that and I get the same messagE. Mike I don't understand what you are trying to do. List the precise steps. There is no need to import a list from Outlook for a mail merge. Your Outlook Contacts can serve as a data source for a merge. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mike E" <epsteinmb@wor...

Entering a dollar amount w/out having to enter the decimal
What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I have to enter is the numbers? It's one of the options you can specify. In Excel 2007, it's: Excel Options...>Advanced>Automatically insert a decimal point Regards, Fred "Julieanne" <Julieanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AABE398-3B77-4ACD-8938-05ED7F5CC58E@microsoft.com... > What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I > have to enter is the numbers? ...

How do I count a range of numbers in a column
I am really stumped. I have a column of numbers that refer to locations on the body and I need to count how many of these locations are on the face. There are about 100 different numbered locations and I have 748 cells with numbers in them. I need to count how many cells contain the numbers 1-5, 10-13, 60-69, 70-79, or 80-89. I can't seem to figure out how to get excel formulas to let me count the range of numbers. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!! -sophia try this. Just continue to add conditions. the + means AND. Name your range as I have done. =SUMPRODUCT((rn...

phone number displayed in case activities.
When ever I make a Case and then an activity it does not display the phone number in the phone number section of the activity. I put all phone numbers under business phone when entering customer data I the info screen. Unfortunately, this behavior is by design... you will have to write some custom code to handle this mapping yourself. Aaron Elder Director, Software Development invokesystems solid technology. sound thinking. http://www.invokesystems.com "fthoren" <fthoren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B999C07E-3039-4FE3-9B96-B367716CB766@microsoft.com...

How can I show different bar colors in the same chart?
I have 2 different data groups in the same month for a 3 month period. I want to show the same data groups for all three months in the same color. Example: I have an "in" total and an "out" total for Nov, Dec and January. I want to show all "ins" as blue and all "outs" as red. This would be for a bar chart. If I put the text "in" and "out" in B1 and C1 In A2:A4 I have month names : Nov, Dec and Jan In B2:B4 I have in values and in C2LC4 I have out vlaues Seelct A1:C4 and make a bar chart The Out data is red, the In data blue Can y...

Open to Same Cell Each Time
Hi Is there anyway of getting a workbook to open up to the same cell or worksheet each time, regardless of where it was saved when it was last closed? Thanks Jennie ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Jennie, In the workbook open event add code to activate a worksheet and cell. As an example Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate Range("A1").Select End Sub This code should be put in the ThisWorkbook code...

CRM installation fails - 500 internal error
Hi there! All my past crm installations failed and I had no clue why. I guess most of you would have known what the problem was because there were no postings in the newsgroups regarding my installation problems. When opening the mscrm browser for the first time it respondes with an 500 internal error. For all those who are about to experience the same problems, here is the solution. In my configuration I had crm 1.0, sql 2k and exchange 2k on one machine. Since I have 1.5 GB RAM, I had to set the 3GB parameter in the boot.ini, according to the implementation guide. BUT asp.net doesn...

Can data validation also autocomplete?
I want to know if you can have the entry cell autocomplete when it has drop down bx. Is this possible? Thanks, Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi unfortunately not with the build-in functionality -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I want to know if you can have the entry cell autocomplete when it > has a drop down bx. Is this possible? > > > Thanks, Vato > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ No.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in t...

How can I best find Exchange consultants around the country?
Hello, Can anyone please identify any web sites that publish lists of Exchange consultants around the United States? I am hoping to use such lists to occasionally hire local Exchange consultants for brief stints diagnosing and correcting Exchange performance problems reported by my customers. Thanks. Jim On 15 Feb 2005 11:47:19 -0800, jfathman@aol.com wrote: >Hello, > >Can anyone please identify any web sites that publish lists of Exchange >consultants around the United States? > >I am hoping to use such lists to occasionally hire local Exchange >consultants for bri...

How do I stop dates from being entered everytime I enter a number
Everytime I enter data in a box (ex: ages 5-9) I then press enter to go to the next cell and it automatically puts in may 9 . I have tried putting in general in formatting cells and it still does it. can someone help before I shoot this pc out the window? I am making a population pyramid with males and females and their ages. Thanks, Kicking and Screaming You can precede your entry with a single quote... '5-9 ....or format your cells as 'Text'. Hope this helps! In article <64AE5219-035D-46E3-9488-5D01F6B012FA@microsoft.com>, Kicking and Screaming <Kicking and...

Can't receive email 12-14-09
I posted this in Microsoft answers as well, sorry if it's a double post - I'm rather lost. I can receive email in Windows mail, on two separate accounts, but can't send from either. I get the same error message for both (separate smtp servers). An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.jmbrowngc.com', Server: 'mail.jmbrowngc.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 too many connections', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67 It has worked fine until this morning. Could it be...

duplicate voucher number the same payment number exist
Two different transaction but same payment number. One is already posted that's why the error appeared duplicate keys every time i posted the other transaction. Why is it that there is a duplicate number since the transaction made in different time although same day! I saw it in pm10300. i need to post the other transaction but i cannot post because of that posted payment number exist. What can i do? any body can help me regarding this matter. thank you! magar I would delete the payment and redo the task. -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MC...