I need to show the last number in a rows in the total pending row

I have a column where I list pending cases each month and I need to show the
last number in the total pending cell at the bottom of the row. I can use an
offset fomula which works if the pending cases begin in row 1. However, I am
not able to get it to work if the pending cases begin in rows 4 or 5 as an
example. Any suggestion?
0
S1 (162)

Rows don't have a bottom.............guess you meant Column.

Last number in column A

=LOOKUP(99^99,A:A)

Last anything in column A

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535<>""),A1:A65535)

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:30:08 -0800, Jen S <Jen S@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have a column where I list pending cases each month and I need to show the
>last number in the total pending cell at the bottom of the row. I can use an
>offset fomula which works if the pending cases begin in row 1. However, I am
>not able to get it to work if the pending cases begin in rows 4 or 5 as an
>example. Any suggestion?

0
Gord
1/29/2009 1:04:33 AM
If you are talking about total number of pending case, I hope that number
isn't close to 99^99 = 3.69729637649726E+197

Far larger than the national debt, the number of stars in the known
universe, number of grains of sand in all the earth's oceans!

Might as well use 9^9 which is still very large = 387,420,489

The first argument of the LOOKUP function only needs to be larger than the
largest possible number in you column.

Please no one take offense, I'm just having fun!

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Jen S" wrote:

> I have a column where I list pending cases each month and I need to show the
> last number in the total pending cell at the bottom of the row. I can use an
> offset fomula which works if the pending cases begin in row 1. However, I am
> not able to get it to work if the pending cases begin in rows 4 or 5 as an
> example. Any suggestion?

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ?
how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ? You can't. Why would you? The Outlook Address Book is only a list of electronic addresses to which you can address messages. Why would you need a phone number there? Phone numbers, like all Contact data, are stored in your Contacts Folder. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ingaga" <Ingaga @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C2224F0-0E8B-4E20-A2AC-200B044053FD@microsoft.com... > how do i add my phone number to outlook address book ? What in the world is the purpse of the Outlook address book whe...

Match value in one column and return value in same row in next col
Hi, I have a a set of values in A1 through A100. I need to look up each value and find a match in another set of values located in C1 through C200. If a match is found then I need the formula located in column B to return the value in the same row but the next column over (D). Example: A B C D 359 375 10012 456 125 10031 125 10031 952 10052 854 444 10017 The formula located in B3 should find that the value of 125 (located in A3) matches the value in C2 and returns 10031 which is the v...

Date shows as 01/01/00
We have a spreadsheet that we want to enter a date in a cell. I have changed the format to Date 03/01/01 format but no matter what I do, any date is converted to 01/01/00. I have tried inserting a column, copying to another spreadsheet, etc. I know this is probably simple, but it's driving me crazy. Help please. In an un-used cell enter: =TODAY() if this is not the correct date, then touch CNTRL-ALT-F9 on the keyboard post what happens. -- Gary''s Student "Kmagg" wrote: > We have a spreadsheet that we want to enter a date in a cell. I have changed > the...

Excel need help

User changes last name
I have a network user with an associated mailbox. The user's name is jsmith and the Exchange alias is jsmith. This user has a new last name now, jjones.The user wants her email address to reflect the new name. She also wants to have any mail that goes to her old address forwarded to the new address. Can I just rename some things or do I have to create another userid and create the new mailbox and import all the email into the new mailbox and forward the old email to the new one. That senario would also cause the user to get a default profile on the desktop which I want to try to av...

Automatic Outline Numbering in Publish?
The automatic numbering found in Word on the menu: Formats/Bullets & Numbering - Outline Numbered does not appear to be offered in the text box in MS Publish. If this is true how does one do autimatic numbering with multi levels in a document in Publish? Respond to email in display name if possible. dwalsh@spectraenv.com <dwalsh@spectraenv.com@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > The automatic numbering found in Word on the menu: Formats/Bullets & > Numbering - Outline Numbered does not appear to be offered in the > text box in MS Publish...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

existing web pages/files not showing in Insert Hyperlink dialog bo
Using FrontPage 2003. When attempting to Create a Hyperlink to existing web pages and files, they are no longer visible in the Insert Hyperlink Dialog box. The files are there, we see them in the folder list. Is there a setting I'm missing? -- Fonda K Try running a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; _____________________________________________ "Fonda K" <Fonda@discussion.microsoft...

Need to test a mobo

Money will not show downloaded transactions
Since about 6/9/04, I have not been able to see any of my new transactions that has been downloaded from the bank. the Items to review says 3 but nothing shows up in my register. I also just did a .qif download of my register from the bank website and now it shows 18 things to review and still does not show anything in my register any help would be appreciated Glen In microsoft.public.money, Glen wrote: >Since about 6/9/04, I have not been able to see any of my >new transactions that has been downloaded from the bank. >the Items to review says 3 but nothing shows up in my...

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

I need Help

need help badly

Need Help Despertly!

Field with both first name and last name
I have a table where the field PRODUCTION_DESIGNER is composed of a persons first and last name with a single space between them, for example "David Henderson" is in the contents. Select this field and truncate this to the initials of the first and last name and place into another field leaving the original field untouched. The new field would have "DH" as its contents. Thank you Use the expression Left(Production_Designer,1) & Mid(Production_Designer,Instr(Production_Designer," ")+1,1) If you want to do this in an update query UPDATE [Your Table ...

Outlook 2002 Vcard attachment shows as a .msg file-opens but no information
I am receiving forwarded attachments as a Vcard file from a contact list. It shows up as an envelope on the attachment and as a .msg file. It opens but there is no information there other than a name. Is there a setting in Outlook that is incorrect or is this something to do with a setting in the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrative Rules. I have searched the knowledge base and cannot find any specific answers yet. Anyone have any feedback on this or the same problem? Help! Thanks. Carl ...

Adding textboxes based on what user inputs in Total Students textb
Hi All, How can I add text boxes on the form based on what user inputs in a textbox? For eg: I have a textbox "Total Students" , so Once I input a number in that textbox, I want to have that many textboxes on the form. If I input 4 I want four textboxes to be displayed on the form. In addition to this: I want all this textboxes to be displayed in a specific frame, I have made this frame as "vertically scrollable" as I have limited space on my form and want to fit in as many textbo, Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance ...

Plug in needed