I need help with a table formula/mass editting

I have a spreadsheet (.csv) with 1600 products/rows and several columns.  One
of the columns that has the product descriptions also contains 1600 rows.  In
each row under that 'description' column is a formula/code to input a
chart/table with product details to our web site in a chart form.

I have many new products that I need to place on the web site with this
layout.  I need to know how to optimize that particular column to add
specific details to the chart formula for the 1600 products.  For instance, I
need the chart to be the same on each product but with different product
details(metal type, stone color, diamond TW etc...)

This question may seem confusing - Any advice?

Hi urlocaljeweler,

Not too sure what you want to do. At a guess, you want to create 1600
charts, one for each row of data, and place them on a web site?

If that is roughly correct, you might want to look at
http://www.edferrero.com/ExcelCharts/tabid/102/Default.aspx

And download the 'Chart Selector' and 'Multiple Chart Builder' samples.

Hopefully these do something close to what you need. If not, post back with
more info.

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com

0
Ed
11/18/2009 7:14:07 AM
Thank you for the response.  I checked your site and I do not think that is
exactly what I am looking for.  By "chart" I meant "table" and the table data
is all underneath a column called description2.  For example underneath
"Description2" is this code for Item1-

class="SpecTableTitle" colspan="2">Product Details</td></tr><td
class="SpecTableCell">Metal:</td><td class="SpecTableCell">S14k / Clr: Two
class=""SpecTableCell"">"27.32 ct tw"</td></tr><td
class=""SpecTableCell"">Diamond(s):</td><td class=""SpecTableCell"">"1.205 ct

I need a simple way to modify that code unique for each individual item.
For instance, the code above is for Item1 so for Item2 I need different
numbers for Colored Stones and different descriptions for Stone(s)/Color.

Is there a way to set up a format that will allow me to easily enter in
descriptions for each row on this table?

Thanks again for your help.

"Ed Ferrero" wrote:

> Hi urlocaljeweler,
>
> Not too sure what you want to do. At a guess, you want to create 1600
> charts, one for each row of data, and place them on a web site?
>
> If that is roughly correct, you might want to look at
> http://www.edferrero.com/ExcelCharts/tabid/102/Default.aspx
>
> And download the 'Chart Selector' and 'Multiple Chart Builder' samples.
>
> Hopefully these do something close to what you need. If not, post back with
> more info.
>
> Ed Ferrero
> www.edferrero.com
>
> .

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Importing spreadsheet to a table from a button?
We recieve information weekly and sometimes more frequent then that. I have a access database set up with a table, queries and reports. What I would like to do is instead of having to manually go in and import the table to make it more user friendly to the folks that don't know how to use access that well. I figure this will have to be done through code to call the worksheets, but I would like to create a button on a form that when selected it will automatically import the spreadsheet directly to the table. If it has to call the wizard that still would not be as bad and navigating throug...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Importing Access 97 table into Access 2000
I'm trying to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2000 using the create an empty 2000 database and import from the 97 database. I have a copy of the 97 database on my machine and no one else has access to my machine much less the database. When I try to import the table from the Access 97 database, it runs for a while and then dies with: The Microsoft Jet database stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time. I told Access to import the table definitions, the data, and the relationships. Does anyone have any idea wha...

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Help with formula 12-17-09

How to emulate Footer with table
I'm using a third party software (Oracle's BI Publisher) that allows me to consume XML and generate forms using designed Templates in Word. It can make use of the native header/footer in Word to handle pagination nicely however some of the functions I need to use cannot be used within a Word footer. Is there a way to duplicate the properties of a footer on a table? For example, the table would need to anchor to the bottom of the page, not move with the text above and print on every sheet. My document currently consists of 2 seperate tables... the body content and the...

2 sumif functions in one formula
Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula and return the same results. If so, how would the formula be written? Thanks. Todd If you are to return the same results why do you need 2 formulas? It would be good to give specifics with examples. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04d201c3b391$f9f5ef20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula > and return the same results. If so, how would the formula > be written? Thanks. > > T...

Need help on this....thanks

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

In Cell Editing
Hi there: Been using Excel for years but haven't asked this question until now... Could have saved myself a few days likely! Anyway, say I type BACON in a cell and press enter or tab - the focus moves to the cell below. If I arrow back up to the cell that has BACON in it, how do I start editing it without double clicking on it with the mouse? I don't want to delete BACON and start again, I want to edit BACON. After I'm done, I want to eat bacon. haha Thanks Press F2 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in ...

I need Help

need help badly

Ones in pivot table
Hello, I import my pivot table data from an external data source (MS Access query) and it displays like this: http://www.geocities.com/blinton25/Count.jpg instead of showing values. If I double click on any of "2's", a new worksheet is generated showing me the actual values. How do I make the values show like this: http://www.geocities.com/blinton25/Count2.jpg Brenda, Post a small table of your data: you probably need to change what data you are using in the pibot table, and change from count to sum for the fields. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Brenda Love" &...

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...

Help, MVP!
Milly, Sue, Vince.. Can you help 'fix' this- I have still not found the cure, thank you! Outlook 2000 (Internet Only) is set to check for mail ever five minutes. However, when it does so, Outlook now insists on displaying the dialog box stating that the "Requested tasks were completed successfully." The dialog box has a "Hide this message" box which is checked, and the push pin is not 'set'. I must have messed up a setting when I reset my toolbars... (issue resolved - I accidentally pinned the toolbar to the desktop, went nuts till I figure out a doub...

sumif formula required
Hello I have only basic knowledge of excel and need a formula to extrac information. A B C Client Process Sqm CEK Fibre 100 RDF Gloss 200 ERF Emul 150 CEK Fibre 100 What formula should I use to extract all CEK clients who purchase th fibre process giving total sqm. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who...

Need Help Despertly!