I know how to use 2003 with statistic but I'm having trouble with

I know how to do Statistics tests like the T-Tests and Median tests, for the
Excel 2003 but I'm having trouble with the Excel 2007. I need to get the
median with theStandard Error, Mode, Mean, Standard Deviation, Sample
Variance, Kurtosis, Skewness, Range, etc chart for a set of data and I also
need to do a T-Test: Two sample assuming unequal variances witht he chart,
along with a Regresssion again with the charts. I can find the tests but I
must be doing something wrong cause I can't get it to give me a chart with
all the data I need! Can any one help? I would appreciate it if you can.

While I don't know how to access the ATP Descriptive Statistics tool in 2007,
I can tell you how to calculate all of the quantities using formulas.

Mean:               =AVERAGE(data)
Standard Error:     =STDEV(data)/SQRT(COUNT(data))
Median:             =MEDIAN(data)
Mode:               =MODE(data)
Standard Deviation: =STDEV(data)
Sample Variance:    =VAR(data)
Kurtosis:           =KURT(data)
Skewness:           =SKEW(data)
Range:              =MAX(data)-MIN(data)
Minimum:            =MIN(data)
Maximum:            =MAX(data)
Sum:                =SUM(data)
Count:              =COUNT(data)

Jerry

"phoenixs_paiste12" wrote:

> I know how to do Statistics tests like the T-Tests and Median tests, for the
> Excel 2003 but I'm having trouble with the Excel 2007. I need to get the
> median with theStandard Error, Mode, Mean, Standard Deviation, Sample
> Variance, Kurtosis, Skewness, Range, etc chart for a set of data and I also
> need to do a T-Test: Two sample assuming unequal variances witht he chart,
> along with a Regresssion again with the charts. I can find the tests but I
> must be doing something wrong cause I can't get it to give me a chart with
> all the data I need! Can any one help? I would appreciate it if you can.
0
post_a_reply (1395)
4/3/2009 6:13:01 AM
Analysis Toolpac: open the Data Tab then look in Analysis group at far right
If it is missing: use Office button (that colourful circle); click Excel
Options at bottom of the resulting dialog; click Addins tab at left of next
dialog; use Mage Addins at bottom of dialog.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"phoenixs_paiste12" <phoenixs_paiste12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:28B41F49-41A6-49DC-850B-C6A6CE42F362@microsoft.com...
>I know how to do Statistics tests like the T-Tests and Median tests, for
>the
> Excel 2003 but I'm having trouble with the Excel 2007. I need to get the
> median with theStandard Error, Mode, Mean, Standard Deviation, Sample
> Variance, Kurtosis, Skewness, Range, etc chart for a set of data and I
> also
> need to do a T-Test: Two sample assuming unequal variances witht he chart,
> along with a Regresssion again with the charts. I can find the tests but I
> must be doing something wrong cause I can't get it to give me a chart with
> all the data I need! Can any one help? I would appreciate it if you can.

0
bliengme (657)

Using Outlook Object Lib while Outlook is running
Running VB6 on Win7 x64. Is there a way of getting my vb6 app to be able to use the outlook 11 object lib while outlook 2003 is running? Set olk = New Outlook.Application works fine when outlook is not running on my machine, but when I have Outlook 2003 running, I get "ActiveX component can't create object" Is there a way of letting this be shared? D In article <MPG.264e21f767ef30e19896fe@news.onecommunications.net>, ns_dkerber@ns_warrenrogersassociates.com says... > > Running VB6 on Win7 x64. > > Is there a way of getting my vb...

Exchange 2003 RSG on Server 2000
Running Exchange 2003 (build 7226.6 sp1) on a Windows 2000 server ( build 2195 sp4). I added the RSG then added the database I need to restore. The backup software (Tivoli 5.2.1.0). I open Tivoli GUI find my backup set hit restore. Here is the question. The Tivoli software asks the question that one or more databases to be restores is mounted click ok to dismount the database or cancel. When I click ok it dismounts the production database and not the RSG database. The RSG database I set up and is in a down state by default and has not been mounted. There are no errors in the event log...

Could Use Some Help!
I'm working for a company auditing excel worksheets I have a worksheet with the following formula, =+(BZ864+(CA864*BZ864)+CB864+CC864+CD864+CE864+CF864) This works except where there is text in CF864 (they will insert "n/a") If there is n/a in the row the formula bombs #VALUE!. My question, is there a way to add up a range and have is skip a cell if it contains text? The cell CF is formatted General, accepting numbers or text. You folks seem so bright, I thought maybe someone has run into this. Thanks in advance, Lovella Try this: =SUM(BZ864,CB864:CF864,CA864*BZ864) --...

Outlook 2003 Junk Email Folder
I may have inadvertently moved an email from someone I know into the Junk Email folder. I don't even know where to look. Can someone please tell me where to find it, and then, how to change OL 2003 back so it won't put future emails from this person in the Junk Email folder? Thanks very much. Look on the folder list for the folder called Junk Mail. When you find the persons message, right click and mark it as not junk and add the person's address to the safe list. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windo...

Preparing Your Taxes Using TurboTax
I'm using Money 2002 and am on the "Preparing Your Taxes Using TurboTax" screen. The only file format specified to export to TurboTax is "TXF". I'm also running TurboTax Premier 2004 and am finding that TXF is not a readable format. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on how to get my information imported to TT2004P w/o entering the information by hand? Thanks Steve I love it when you find the answer to your own question. For those using TurboTax (for the first time...as I used TaxCut b4) follow these steps: 1. start a new report 2. select transfer ...

HELP: 2003 Macros with DrawingObject
Hi, I've a .Net application which uses the DrawingControl to display visio documents - works fine... .... unless the drawing contains Macros which need to run. Investigation shows the MacrosEnabled property to be false on DrawingControl. Is it possible for DrawingControl object to open the file (using .src=) and have the macros run - or has this been disabled in DrawingControl as a breech of security? Anyone managed to run macros in DrawingControl? Cheers, Paul Wallis I'm about 90% sure that VBA/Macros are not enabled for the Drawing Control in Visio 2003. Security is a big reaso...

HELP! I KNOW U KNOW HOW TO DO THIS....
i was told there is a way to make certain letters equal numbers. EX. BREADNMILK is 1234567890 / B=1 R=2 and so on. This is so each product has a digit code for the price. EX. EDB = $3.51. I don't know how to do that but my boss said it's possible....THANK-YOU! I have an idea, but I'm not sure I understand what you really want, so I hate to waste the time to produce it. Could you give a few more examples? What are you doing with the data once you figure out a way to make this work? Why BREADNMILK? Is that just an example? You'll use just one word? You're trying to obscu...

Using CSV and quotes
Hi there. I have some applications that accept data as a CSV file (where ALL fields must be quoted). In Excel when I save as CSV it does not put quotes around text fields that do not contain spaces etc. Is there anyway to make Excel automatically quote all text fields? Thanks Neil You have to use a macro. Here's one: ''Outputs the selection if more than one cell is selected, else entire sheet Sub OutputActiveSheetQuotesAroundAll() Dim SrcRg As Range Dim CurrRow As Range Dim CurrCell As Range Dim CurrTextStr As String Dim ListSep As String Dim FNa...

Trouble with Closing a Quote through SDK
I have succesfully changed the the quote to active, now I need to add functionality to close it. I have attempted to do this 2 different ways. Both methods return the generic "Unexpected Error" message. It kind of makes sense that the second one might fail since the object does not exist in the quoteclose entity, however, I was hoping that CRM might be smart enough to create it. method 1: Public Function SetQuoteclose(ByVal qte As quote) As Boolean Dim closequote As New CloseQuoteRequest Dim success As Boolean Dim crmserv As New CrmService() T...

Exchange 2003 databases
Having space issues on one of our Exchange servers so, as a test, we removed over 2 GB in mail from one of them and the database size didn't change. We then ran the off-line defrag (successfully) and only recovered about 600 MB. I assumed we'd recover the 2 GB plus whatever other fragmentation there was but apparently not. We're a company in transition and we're moving mailboxes (large ones) around a lot between servers. It's my understanding that due to the nature of Exchange databases that this practice will grow them disproportionately to the actual mail content size...

It's Conditional Formatting, Jim, but not as we know it...
Hi, Is there any way of producing the same as a conditional format on a cell (ie. chenge fill and font colours according to a calculated value) but for more than three (four, if you count the default) values? TIA Dave An example '----------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) '----------------------------------------------------------------- Const WS_RANGE As String = "H1:H10" '<=== change to suit On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Targe...

Outlook 2003 contacts problems
After carrying out a detect and repair on Outlook it returned to its default settings. I must have discarded my customised settings during the detect and repair. I have managed to restore my mail folders and contacts. Searching the web it seems the customised settings/ account settings are not in the pst file and I will have to manually set them up again. My question is about contacts, I can't get the contacts to work as my email addressbook. In contacts when I try contact properties/outlook address book the "show this folder as an e-mail address book" is greyed out. Can ...

using outlook and outlook express on the same computer
I just installed Outlook 2003 on my home computer which runs Windows XP. My wife and I each have a seperate user account on the same computer. I would like to set Outlook as my default email program and my wife would like to continue using OE as her default program. Each time I change a default setting on on account, it seems to change the same setting on all accounts on the computer. Is there a way to do this? Thanks! Create seperate users - His & Hers - for windows, then install OL under His win account/login "Jeffryrb" <Jeffryrb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

OWA jumping mouse

Cannot Sign-in to Money 2003

I am using Office 2000 Premium.
I am trying to print out a daily activity report that is kept in a notebook and added to throughout the day. At the end of the day, I transfer my data over to the computer spreadsheet. I cannot get Excel to print rows 4 through 24 (no data just empty cells that I need in which to enter data. Rows 1-3 are doing fine in that I have put the headings in those; therefore they contain data. I have selected adjusting the print area and highlited the rows and columns that I wanted on each page, yet it doesn't come out on the printout. Try adding some content to row 24. A tiny c...

Do You Know???
Hi... Where to get personal / business loan? How to settle your debt? Where to invest? Monthly Profit 20%? One time investment only? Setup your own business & growing income? The Beneficiary Bank is Barclays Bank? Just only need USD1070 for Financial Freedom? 300% Profit,10%Commission,5% Bonus,1% Revenue & 0.01% Daily Profit Payout!! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= =AD=AD----- Get me online at : E-Mail /Yahoo Messenger,my ID : sallehes[at]yahoo.com Change [at] to @ If you never take the chance, you will never have the chances. >From O...

How to create and use xlw file? Help!
Hi, I had a huge file with numerous links. It can not even auto-calculat the formulas once I made a change. I guess it is just too large. Anyway, I posted a message on another forum and someone suggested t use xlw file so that when I open the xlw file I will open several file linked to xlw file at the same time. And that may do help. I don't have any idea about creating and using xlw file. Anyone know details about it? Pls. help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Start by looking at Save a group of workbooks in a customized workspace in XL Help. In arti...

Source edit in Outlook 2003
Hi, In Outlook express you can select "View | Source Edit" from the message's menu to see and edit the html-code by clicking on the "Source" tab at the bottom of the window. When you make an e-mail in Outlook 2003 with Word you can use the Microsoft Script Editor to see and edit the html-code. Is there a way to see and edit the html-code in a normal e-mail in Outlook 2003, without using Word and the Microsoft Script Editor? Greetings Nees I don't think so... "Nees" <temp241164@xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:%23SwPHlFHGHA.240@TK2MSFTNG...

how do i email a form using a hyperlink? word 2007
I created a question form to be filled out and emailed back to me. I want the users to simply fill in the blanks, click a hyperlink and have the form mailed back to me. Everytime I test it, I receive a blank email back.... Vey simple form, no protection, ...

Do you know this?
I gonna to purchase Joyfax Server. Do you have any idea about it? 'Joyfax - Fax Server, Fax software, Windows Fax Server, Network Fax Solution, Free Fax Viewer, Fax Broadcasting software' (http://www.joyfax.com) -- lenny66 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com In article <lenny66.4cslw5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com>, lenny66.4cslw5 @no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com says... > What exactly would you imagine yourself seeing subject "Do you know this?" People usually ignore topics with unclear subjects. -- Poutnik The best depends on how the be...

Conditional formatting using weekday
Hi I want to shade a cell if the date shown is not a weekday. I know I need to use conditional formatting, but I can't work out what formula to use. Thanks It's OK, I've sorted it now. "violasrbest" wrote: > Hi > > I want to shade a cell if the date shown is not a weekday. I know I need to > use conditional formatting, but I can't work out what formula to use. > > Thanks =?Utf-8?B?dmlvbGFzcmJlc3Q=?= wrote > I want to shade a cell if the date shown is not a weekday. I know I > need to use conditional formatting, but I can't work o...

Outlook 2003 #130
I installed a trial version of Nortons Anti-Spam which I believe put a red circle with a line through it on the Junk mail folder. I have uninstalled Nortons, taking off the entries in the Registry as well. However, this red circle is still appearing on the Junk email folder, and the program now does not seem to intercept junk email. Please help. Thank You I just installed Outlook 2003 and my junk folder also has a red circle on it. I suspect Norton did not do this. You can configure OL 2003 spam levels by choosing the Junk Email under the Actions menu ----- Misha wrote: ---- ...

how to use atm tranactions in check register?
heyas all! just trying my money program(2001). i use my atm/checkcard alot. how can i enter a transaction using atm card? when i try to enter a new entry i get the check register, asking for a check number? is there a workaround for this? atm/checkcard is my checking account? help The Dog! thanks. So leave the check number blank. "The Dog" <one_junkdog@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:231201c38493$26a851d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > heyas all! just trying my money program(2001). i use my > atm/checkcard alot. how can i enter a transaction using > atm card? when i t...

Does any know how to add more columns in the NCAA Excel Tracker?
trying to add more columns in the NCAA Tournament Tracker but it won't keep the formulas correct. Any help Just what exactly is the/a "NCAA Tournament Tracker"? -- Regards, RD -------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit ! -------------------------------------------------------------------- "NCAA Tourney Commissioner" <NCAA Tourney Commissioner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8020B969-D6D4-4857-96E4-3475D1F75DA6@microsoft.com... trying to add more ...