I have too many columns and rows, so it prints too many pages.

I have no idea how to put in the formula. I only want to print what I type
into the spreadsheet. How do I do that without having a lot of extra pages!!!
0
this (3)

You dont say if you need to have more pages or not but you need to
"highlight" the area that you want to print and on the file menu go to print
area and then set print area.You can then go to the view  menu and select
page break view to see how the sheet is going to print out.On this view you
can drag the page breaks(blue lines) to the row or column you want.The file
menu has a page setup where you can set how many pages you want and the
orientation of the pages(portrait or landscape).Experiment with that and post
back if you need to!
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"Help I am new to all this" wrote:

> I have no idea how to put in the formula. I only want to print what I type
> into the spreadsheet. How do I do that without having a lot of extra pages!!!
Please put the entire question in the body of the question.  The subject tends
to be ignored once someone starts answering.

Extra columns and rows that are truly empty can be a result of inserting and
deleting rows/columns,  Excel tends to remember the high water mark.

If you have rows that look empty but have formulas in them, they really are
not empty.    You want to remove your unused rows/columns which is
easiest done with a macro and then save the file, if the macro didn't do
that for you.    You can fix up your entire workbook at one time, see
    Why do my scrollbars go to row 500 -- my data ends in cell E50?, contextures.com, Debra Dalgleish

You can read more about the problem and some other remedies at
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/lastcell.htm

As a LAST resort you can restrict the print area, but that just allows
you to print fewer pages it really does not solve your problem.

---
HTH,

"Help I am new to all this" <Help I am new to all this@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have no idea how to put in the formula. I only want to print what I type
> into the spreadsheet. How do I do that without having a lot of extra pages!!!

"Too many different cell formats" error
Receiving this pop up error message when opening a .xls file. File will not open. Any suggestions on how to fix and save file? Hi Lorena XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 David McRitchie posted this Leo Heuser posted a macro 2001-05-06 in programming as a very major revision of the macro in the eee007 article. http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=OxP9cgi1AHA.1572%40tkmsftngp02 -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Lorena" <lorena.l.solano@convergys.com...

save as web page in 2010
Now that Save as web page or HTML is no longer available in PPT 2010, what do you recommend for saving onto your own web server so that it will show animations and effects within the presentation? I'd probably save as video. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "kim" <kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A385DBD0-9027-4E2E-B3CF-2C43D2EB2117@micro...

How do i get hyperlinks to work in Visio when saved as a web page?
I've created a process document in Visio, on a shape i inserted a link to a document on a shared server, and when you right click in Visio it brings up the doc. However, when I "save as web page" the link no longer works. Instead I get an error - "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site file://........ Operation aborted". I've tried to rename the files, but can't seem to get it to work. Am i missing something? ...

Print a Form to PDF
Hi, I have been able to successfully print a Report to PDF using Steve Lebans ReportToPDF utility (great stuff Steve and many thanks) but all i want to do now is print a Form to PDF using the same of a similar utility. I have tried to use the Lebans module but I get stuck in that i get an error that says that an acForm object cannot be utilised to create a snapshot file??? I can print to the installed Acrobat distillor (now that i have a patch for Office 2003) but i would like to use a .DLL method so that i can distribute to people who don't have Acrobat installed. Thanks for any ...

Excel
I enter tree counts for a Christmas tree farm and want to move from the bottom of column A to the top of column E, etc. automatically after entering the information. How can I do this? Thanks. Jody, Probably not enough information. You can select the stuff at the bottom of col A, Cut, and at the top of col E, do either paste, or insert cut cells. The latter may change formula references to these cells, and will push the stuff below that point downward.. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com. "Jody R - Trees" <Jody R - Trees@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Protect format and programming on cells and columns from change
My spread sheet is updated by a couple of persons regularly. They often use cut and paste way to update the contents. Can someone advise me how to protect the formatting and programming on cells and columns from change by accidents. Thanks, Scott Hi Scott, Exactly what do you mean by "programming on cells"? Data Validation, maybe? If you allow them to copy and paste or cut and paste, they will affect the formatting or data validation. You can program Excel so they can't cut and paste. You could also program copy commands which only paste formulas. Of course you ...

many-to-many relationships by Graham Mandeno
Hi to all, A couples of months ago I was looking for a good way to handle a many- to-many relationships. I finally found this sample db: http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/SampleDBs.htm. It's simply great! Unfortunately it doesn't work in my case because instead of using just numeric ID to relate the table I'm make use of alphanumeric ID. In the previous: http://groups.google.it/group/microsoft.public.access.formscoding/browse_thread/thread/25f1941ea8428424/9d3fc99e39b80743?lnk=gst&q=riccifs+many#9d3fc99e39b80743 Graham told me that there was a way to give to the sample db this...

How to Filter two alternative Column in the excel sheet
Hi, I am trying to filter two columns in the excel sheet.But it is not allowing me to filter it.So please advice. Use AutoFilter. It will allow you to filter on all the columns separately -- Gary's Student gsnu200703 "Deva" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to filter two columns in the excel sheet.But it is not allowing > me to filter it.So please advice. Hi Gary, I dont want to filter all the columns. I want to filter only two which I Choose. For example, I have 3 coulmns , one Coulmn A, other one Coulmn B and other one Coulmn C. Now I want to filter only C...

Page Numbering #3
I am using Excel 2000. I have a file with 11 worksheets (tabs) in the file. There are two graphs on each tab and each tab prints one page. In the header of each tab (at the left margin), I have individually typed "Page and the number 1 thru 11). I updated my charts and did a print preview and all of the pages appear to have the correct page number on them. Then I noticed that I had forgotten to update the header to the indicate which month the report is for (November - changed from October). I grouped all of the tabs and made the change in the header which is centered on each...

order by column in table structure not in result set
hi, i have a table with 500+ records and they got jumble while inserting . now i want to arrange them in order by column name in the table structure not in result set.. i want somthing that works like MYSQL (Alter table order by column name) Thanks & regards: Aleem -- Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 05:23:42 GMT, "aleem510 via SQLMonster.com" <u61699@uwe> wrote: >hi, >i have a table with 500+ records and they got jumble while inserting . now i >want to arrange them in order by column name in the table str...

Excel 2003 -- header row sorting
Excel 2003 -- header row sorting I have a coworker using Excel 2003 that has a shared workbook. Everytime she sorts the data she has to select header row so it doesn't default to header row instead to no header. How do I fix this? (when I open the workbook and sort it, it retains the header row selection) Thanks for your help... memcneely Format the header row as Bold (or something else, but do give it a different format) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "memcneely" <memcneely@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1251F3E8-2C46-481...

data labels above and below columns
Hi, I have a column diagram. The data labels are shown just below the X-axis for negative values. The problem is that when columns goes below x-axis they go across the data labels. How can I move to make the labels go above columns if positive values and below columns if they are negative? Sverre Hi, This explains how to lower the axis labels. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip002.htm Cheers Andy sverre wrote: > Hi, I have a column diagram. The data labels are shown just below the X-axis > for negative values. > > The problem is that when columns goes below x-axis they go ...

printing final saved docs
I have invoices saved marked as final , and when I try to print with original date created, it changes date to the day it is opened...? Don't use NOW() or Today() fields, as they update to current time. amandarox wrote: > I have invoices saved marked as final , and when I try to print with original > date created, it changes date to the day it is opened...? Hi amandarox, Assuming your invoices are Word files, select the 'date' and press Shift-F9. This will expose the field code, which will look something like { DATE }. Simply change 'DATE' to '...

When forwarding an email how many recipients can I send it to?
I got an error response when I forwarded an email to many in my address book. It said, something about too many recipients. How many is too many? I set a 300 recipient limit to my Exchange users at work. This is set at my server level. Quote from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012002371033.aspx Many e-mail service providers set limits for the number of names that can be in the To, Cc, and Bcc fields in a message. For example, your e-mail service provider may limit each message to a maximum of 100 e-mail addresses. If these addresses can be distributed among the To, Cc, and ...

Too many clicks! Available formats box
Hello folks I have a client who is unhappy with the amount of clicks in Word 2007. One particular frustration is the Insert Date and Time Available Formats box. Is there anyway to get Word 2007 to just insert the default Date without the additional steps of the format box? I know to the average person, it's not a big deal but this user lives in a pressure cooker and needs the useability of Word 2007 to make things faster, not slower. Thanks for your suggestions! Bill Hole MCTS, SBSC Ask the client to add the Date & Time command to the Quick Access Toolbar ...

Tab Control Pages
I have created a form that currently contains 13 tab control pages (hope my syntax is correct here.) I may have to enter more tabs later as well. Is there any way to create 2 rows of tabs instead of one? Thank you, Rachel Hi Rachel, Sure, we can do that. 1. Right-click the tab control itself 2. Select Properties from the short-cut menu 3. On the Format or All tab of the Property Sheet, find the property called Multi Row 4. Change that from No to Yes 5. Save and close the form You should be good to go. -- Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumni Software Development Engineer in Test ...

Printing Calendar Items
Greetings Outlook 2003 Users, I am attempting to print a Table Style list of calendar items within Outlook, and I am 97% the way there to exactly what I need. The one thing I cannot seem to do is increase the row height! One of the fields is Required Attendees, and a few of the items have several people, and Outlook only displays the first two or three until the column runs out of room and displays a "..." at the end of the list. This also happens on a few of the items in the list that have a long Location name. Is there a way to make the rows wrap the text or modify the row heig...

How to print table guidelines
How to print table guidelines You need to apply borders to the table. The gridlines do not print. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "How to print guidelines in Word" <How to print guidelines in Word@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6E03B8A-559D-4A9A-B099-68862FDA7E20@microsoft.com... > How to print table guidelines See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/Gridlines.htm ...

Page Life Expectancy remains constant
Hi all - During a load test I captured various perfmon stats including "Page Life Expectancy" (PLE). The load test went for an hour and pushed through thousands of different user cases and millions of transactions. Surprisingly the PLE counter never changed...it remained constant at 24833.... Has anyone ever seen this before and can explain why this would oocur?...I've never monitored a system before where the PLE has remained completely constant... ENVT --- SQL Server STD 2008 SP1 64bit / WIND0WS 2008 64bit...32GB RAM.. Cheers Andy Something is wrong bec...

Should this be one to Many or Many to Many.. Relationship
Hi, New to Access learning... I have Table 1.. Publisher Table 2.. Books I was wondering .. Should I create Transient Third Table e.g. BooksPublisher.. Or Should I put PublisherID key AS Foreign key into Books Table ? which would be Practical E.g Books Publishers BooksNPublishers Pk BookID Pk PublisherID PK BookPublisherID Fk BookID ...

Formatting footnotes when page numbering is turned on
When I have paragraph numbering turned on, Word insists on assigning a paragraph number to my footnotes as well as a footnote number. I can manually delete the paragraph number, but would prefer to turn off the option. More important, however, is that Word also assigns a paragraph number to the line drawn across the page above the footnotes, and I cannot find a way to remove this. Can somebody offer me a suggestion on what to do? It would appear that you have applied numbering to the Normal style, which affects every style based on it. This is one reason we advocate using Bod...

Too many many-to-many?
To all, I hope you can shed some light on this for me. I am using Access 2003. I have three main tables 1) Project 2) Contractor 3) Service (general contracting, soil testing, architecture, etc) I have two 'join' tables to create a m:m relationship between Projects and Contractors and Contractors and Services a) ProjectContractorJoin b) ContractorServiceJoin I would like to be able to create a form where I can select a project, then select one or more contractors, then select one or more services that each contractor could offer (and track when they start and end those services...

Hyperlink to first blank cell in column?
(XL2007) Thanks to help from MVP Biff, I can return the row number of the first blank cell in a single-column named range using an array formula (http://tinyurl.com/qb689k). This is a dynamic range that will adjust as new items are added. I'm setting up a workbook in which I have a "Blank Master" sheet and a "Jobs List" sheet. The "Master" sheet will be copied and renamed for each month. I'd like to have a hyperlink on the "Master" sheet that will carry over to each new copied sheet that would take the user to the first blank cell in the JOB...

Too many fields
I have a table and I think it is normalized based on other postings I have read. There are about 500 object<->value pairs, that needs to be tracked for 500 different objects on every single day of the year. And, all 500 objects should have a value for that day. Object 1-30 is about one topic, Object 31-60 is about another topic, etc. tblObjects, I have 500 records like this (pk) fldObjectID - autonum fldObjectName - Text 50 tblObjectValues, (pk) fldDate - Date/Time (pk) fldObjectID - (fk) to tblObjects fldObjectValue - integer Now, I want to show the 500 records of tblObjects ...

Overlay 4 years of data as a line on 4 years of columns for several x category labels
Dear Charting aficianados, The tutorial at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ClusterColAndLine.html is the closest example I can find to a charting conundrum I am facing, though what I am hoping to achieve is still a little different. I've made a mock up of what I'm hoping to achieve - though I have had to use drawing objects for the line series, to overlay on the columns - I'm sure there is a way to get excel to do this - do you think there is? (sheet named mock-up) A workbook with mocuk-up and my other charting attmempts can be found: http://www.savefile.com/files/2690840 T...