i have a pps file that i cant open what do i need to open it with

i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what
do i need to open them with????
0
Marty (99)

Certainly not Excel.

Those are PowerPoint files.

You can download a PP viewer from here.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=428D5727-43AB-4F24-90B7-A94784AF71A4&displaylang=en

Note instructions for download and installation.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:44:02 -0700, Marty <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>i recieved a few pitures and cant open then because they are a pps file what
>do i need to open them with????

0
Gord

Electronic report or file layout for Federal and/or State reports
Hello, does GP have the capability to support all some state and federal electronic reporting and available electronic new hire reporting? -- Thanks for your help ...

Help with opening e mail account
Please Help! I am unable to open an e mail account on my new, unused microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail - Windows Mail. I have gone through the open new account many times and I just don't know what little thing or big thing I'm getting wrong. Please Help Me! You don't open a email account on a newsgroup. You need to enter the correct settings in Windows Mail to access your existing email account. If you tell us who provides your email account, then someone can probably assist. "john" <woremorse@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e...

Where is file for email accounts?
I'm having problems with Outlook and BCM and would like to try removing and reinstalling both. I have about a dozen email accounts and I would like to save the file that includes them and just copy that file back into the program files after the reinstall. I know, I'm lazy, but I would like to save the email account setup time if possible. Anyone know where this file lives, what it is called, and if this approach is possible? - jim Santa Clara, CA "Jim" <prest51@comcast.net> wrote in message news:97GdnYU6YYaleZXVnZ2dnUVZ_uKpnZ2d@comcast.com... > I'm...

can't associate .pps with email attachment vista
-- marianne dagher You need to make the explanation / question a little clearer and please don't just use the subject area, the big message area just down a bit is easier to read!. "mariane" <mariane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB4464FA-51BA-473C-9E5A-9013262D9EC0@microsoft.com... > > -- > marianne dagher > > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus > signature database 4849 (20100208) __________ > > The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. > > http://www.eset.com ...

Advanced Find won't open
I have a user who has started having this issue this week: She clicks on the Advanced Find button and nothing happens - the Advanced Find form doesn't pop up and she doesn't get any error messages. I'm trying to verify whether or not she has a Yahoo/Google toolbar installed that is doing popup blockers on crm; however, when we've had Yahoo/Google toolbar problems in the past, users couldn't even get to the main page in crm. Hi, We occasionally have that happen to a user here for no apparent reason. I've found uninstalling and then re-installing CRM on the affec...

File System Performance Tuning
I am currently working on WINCE6.0 file system performance tuning. In theory, memory mapped file will increase frequently accessed file data. I use 2 method to read through a file Method 1 ----------------------------------------- CreateFile(...) for (cnt=0; cnt!=TEST_CNT; cnt++) { start = GetTickCount(); SetFilePointer(hFileInput, 0, 0, FILE_BEGIN); loop ReadFile(..., buf, bufSize, ...) through the file end = GetTickCount(); Dump (end - start); } Method 2 ----------------------------------------- CreateFile(...); dwFileSize = GetFileSize(...)...

Anyone using Auto Accept Agent with a customized XML config file?
Is anyone using the Auto Accept Agent and has customized the agent's XML config file to give customized repsones for individual mailboxes or change from the agent default settings? I have followed the Auto Accept Agent administration guide to the letter on this with no luck. the agent always uses its default settings. The XML file is valid and there are no messages in the logs. Restarting the service doesn't help either. This is on an Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition server running on W2K3 Server SP1. I haven't run across anyone who has it working, only a few like me who c...

Outlook 2007 wont open
Using Win7 and Office 2007, outlook 2007. When i open outlook it starts to open and then I get a popup that says "Cannot start Microsoft oulook. Cannot open the outlook window" Did a restore from an earlyer time but that did'nt work. -- ---------------------------------------------------- This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com Never mind I found this and it worked. Start->run..then type the following -> "Outlook.exe /resetnavpane" -- -----------------------------...

'Find Item' in RMS store & HQ needs Supplier Reorder Number
Please consider this for 2.0. If a user can search for an item by Supplier, they should be able to search by Supplier Reorder Number. The need is obvious by how many ISV's have created software to fill in the big hole. Peter Johnson American Retail Supply ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

Need to recover mailboxes from a lost server
I have an Exchange 2003 server running on Windows SBS2003. The original server was lost (through damage) and we had to rebuild a new one without access to the original. I have the original mailbox stores but am unable to bring them into the new Server as the organisation name is different. I cannot change the name on the new server as this is already in production due to timescales. -- Peter Gray I'd suggest that you contact MS Product Support immediately. Nue "Peter Gray" <PeterGray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2310302E-95F7-4B66-8A1F-95389D6F4...

Expost Outlook PST file to Outlook 2002 PST file
I have a customer who has bought a copy of Office 2003 which he has now decided he doesn't like!! He has asked me to return his system to his old Office XP Professional. No problem except for one thing - I exported his PST file from Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) and tried to import it toOutlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) and the result was that Outlook 2002 doesn't recognise the format of the Outlook 2003 PST file! My customer isn't impressed!! Does nyone any ideas on how I can either export the file in a format that will be recognised AND keep all his folders and messages where t...

Need to turn off hyperlinks
Hello, I'm typing a list of the different ports that different servers and IP numbers must use. Everytime I go into a cell and add text that looks like another port name and number - Excel wants to make it a hyperlink. My FTP program keeps opening when I hit return to leave the cell. How can I turn off this annoying behavior. Thanks, Jerry Precede the entries with an apostrophe, it's not visible in the cell. You can also run a macro after you have entered them, example could be found here -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jerry" <gweir@simplicity.com> wrote in mes...

Macro to open non-Visio document on double-click
When I double-click an object in my flowchart I would like to open up a Word document or an Excel Document, but I can't see that there is an easy way to do this. Looking under the Double-Click behavior of a shape I see that I can assign a macro to run upon double-click, but I don't know how to create a new one. Can I create a macro or Visual Basic script in the Standard version of Vision that I have which would perform the "Open Document" task that I need done? visio's integration with M$ office is a common desire. there are a couple of good examples on how to ...

Exchange Log Files #3
Using Exhange 2000 Server with SP3 on Win2k Server SP4 I never had a problem with the Exchagne Log files in the MDBData folder. I notice the drive where the Exchange Log files were was running out of space. the MDBData folder was full of log files dating back about 2 months. I am trying to figure out why the log files did not auto purge like it was doing before. I deleted some of the log files (is there any consequences for deleting these log files?). I then change the setting within the Exchange Server Properties to remove log filess older than 7 days (I read somewhere that i shou...

Reading file properties
I've got an install program that I packaged with PackageForTheWeb program. If you go to the properties of the file you have different tabs available showing you information (file versions, company name, etc) that was set during the creation of the package file. Is there a C++ or C api function to access any of this information? Thanks Ray >I've got an install program that I packaged with PackageForTheWeb program. >If you go to the properties of the file you have different tabs available >showing you information (file versions, company name, etc) that was set >d...

Default open new doc without "format publication " task pane?
Is it possible to set up a default to open a new document without that obnoxious "Format Publication" task pane? The ribbon does whatever I need, so the task pane is redundant and in the way. No... You can minimize it. The task pane is a tear off, it can be re-sized to small. Drag the task pane to a less obtrusive part of the screen. Publisher will remember this setting the next time the program is opened. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Arthur Dent" <Arthur Dent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DD73F8F-1F21-433C-B8EC-813C494154B2@mi...

find out what processes have a file opened
How can I write a PowerShell script to find out what processes have a file opened? And can a script be written to forceably close out access to any process found to have a file open? (with a consequence sort of like losing network connectivity to an open remote file). - Larry Hello Larry__Weiss, > How can I write a PowerShell script to find out what processes have a > file opened? > > And can a script be written to forceably close out access to any > process found to have a file open? (with a consequence sort of like > losing network connectivity to a...

open folder
Whenever I start Outlook 2000, one of the sub-folders always opens up expanded, all the others are closed. The program starts with the inbox selected which is as I want it, but how do I get this particular sub-folder to start up closed? Outlook doesn't seem to remember the current setting when I close it. I cannot find anything under Tools. Thanks in advance, Geoff. ...

How to limit file size on user account or group? #2
Thanks a lot, but how can i add a limit row to be exported to excel? Thanks for your answer >and how can i see a list of users who have limit on ther account or users who do not have limit on there account - on exchange 5.5? Export the contents of the directory after you add the appropriate column names to the export file's header record. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Format for Flashcards for MS Word & PPS 2003
Can anyone help me in sending me a Flashcard template so as to learn Chinese Characters, Pinyin, English. Compatible with MS Word 2003 & Power Point 2003. Any Tips or Ticks or general Knowledge in this area to improve learning through Flash Cards is more than Welcome. ...

PST files #17
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_010A_01C88768.74B1B150 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I had a PST file that was corrupted and causing all kinds of problems. I = exported the data, created a new PST file and imported the data into it. = I ran the checkup utility on the PST file and everything was ok. Outlook = appears to be back to normal with the exception that it shows 3 Personal = Folders, 2 of which don't exist. When you click on the you get an error. = How do I remove them from t...

How to print an image file?
Hello people. I am looking for a simple way for sending an image file resides on the hard drive to the printer (default or a set one). I do not want the print dialog (or any other dialog or application) to pop up. I just want to send it to a printer just like it was printed using 'windows picture and fax viewer'. Thanks. Here is a good example http://www.codeproject.com/printing/general.asp AliR. "Stren Assaf" <StrenAssaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBCC8F49-5CD4-4106-AEAB-C9818A5C8190@microsoft.com... > Hello people. > > I am looki...

Link footer of one file to cells in another file
Is this possible? Only via code... Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With Me.Worksheets("sheet1") .PageSetup.CenterFooter = .Range("a1").Text End With End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm If you want to read more about these kinds of events: Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm Laura wrote: > > Is this po...

Create a Training Module or Help File
I have an MS Access application that I current have a MS Word user manual for. I would like make the manual be part of the application, either by making it some type of training module or custom help files. Does anyone know where I can find samples on how to this? Thanks in advance! Dwight Ive seen some clever things done in my access life but can't find a good site to describe. If you learn a little with VBA you can do some pretty amazing things. I saw one application that had tutorials that automatically popped up when it was your first time using a function... then you can cl...

PPS Viewing
I am no longer able to view (Run) a PPS file attachment from OE6. I could before, but it stopped working. I can save the file and click on it from the hard drive and it runs. I checked the file association and it is correct. I am using the MS PowerPoint viewer program and I tried reinstalling it, but it did not correct the problem. What can I do to get the viewer to open and run when I click a PPS attachment in OE6??? Thanks Larry Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Outlook Express using XP/SP2 or XP/SP3: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ppsopen.htm -- ...